• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

__V_O_P__ #1 Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:12 AM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 64199 battles
  • [LAP]

Here's a replay of a recent battle...https://replays.woti...db5b290ffbf5cd4

Our Tortoise moves out of spawn... heads town... before turning around and heading up the hill... spots ONE red tank... fires SIX times... hits twice... doesn't pen. One of his shots is against a WZ121 in a hulldown position and likely was never going to amount to much, the other an unlucky bounce on a 60TP.

For being on the winning team... and not being AFK... WG decided they would receive ZERO XP...

Somehow this just doesn't seem right... 

Retro_Funky #2 Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3507 battles
  • [METRO]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 13 January 2022 - 05:12 PM, said:

Our Tortoise moves out of spawn... heads town... before turning around and heading up the hill... spots ONE red tank... fires SIX times... hits twice... doesn't pen. One of his shots is against a WZ121 in a hulldown position and likely was never going to amount to much, the other an unlucky bounce on a 60TP.

For being on the winning team... and not being AFK... WG decided they would receive ZERO XP...

Weird, I think the punishment also counts for players who are not or have not  spotted/dealt assistant damage/ damaged and enemy/ killed and enemy. I mean, if they aren't actively doing something to help. then i don't think they deserve the xp or the win.

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have.

wrecker1968 #3 Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:33 AM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 14 January 2022 - 12:12 AM, said:

I would have to agree with you.

Scary

JefeMac #4 Posted 14 January 2022 - 12:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9224 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 14 January 2022 - 12:12 AM, said:

Ok bud, you got me thinking now….

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

__V_O_P__ #5 Posted 14 January 2022 - 01:14 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 64199 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostJefeMac, on 14 January 2022 - 07:08 AM, said:

Ok bud, you got me thinking now….

I thought I could smell burning. 

Bellatormonk #6 Posted 14 January 2022 - 03:35 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 38626 battles
  • [MINC]

I'll bite.  What doesn't seem right about it?  He did zero damage and go zero XP.  Despite RNG most likely having screwed him over no matter his skill, it seems righteous to me.  Nothing but doing some damage should matter anymore.  The system essentially counted him as AFK for such a lack of effort or luck in penning a red tank.

Are you going to argue that he should have gotten some XP for spotting, firing or taking damage?  Any AFKer can do all of that via reds simply being in spotting range or ramming him (which of course the system would not count him as AFK then).

Guess he should simply git gud since bad/unlucky RNG is just part of the game despite skill or effort right?  Nothing broken here just smart programming on WG's part, they are not to blame right?

DirkTheDaring76 #7 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38898 battles
  • [ZOOM]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 13 January 2022 - 07:12 PM, said:

Really hard to consider this without taking into consideration it was a Tortoise. I figure the way they calc the zero xp penalty is if your summary includes no actions that generate XP, as opposed to simply not moving. Since it's a Tortoise, and it is slow and late to the party, all the spotting was done, and all the hp were missed, etc. Probably wouldn't have happened to a more mobile tank that generated some xp.

It really should consider if you drive your tank. The game tracks how far you traveled, it shouldn't be hard to change.

Edited by DirkTheDaring76, 14 January 2022 - 04:07 PM.

__V_O_P__ #8 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:25 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 64199 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostBellatormonk, on 14 January 2022 - 10:35 AM, said:

I'll bite.  What doesn't seem right about it?  He did zero damage and go zero XP.  Despite RNG most likely having screwed him over no matter his skill, it seems righteous to me.  Nothing but doing some damage should matter anymore.  The system essentially counted him as AFK for such a lack of effort or luck in penning a red tank.

Are you going to argue that he should have gotten some XP for spotting, firing or taking damage?  Any AFKer can do all of that via reds simply being in spotting range or ramming him (which of course the system would not count him as AFK then).

Guess he should simply git gud since bad/unlucky RNG is just part of the game despite skill or effort right?  Nothing broken here just smart programming on WG's part, they are not to blame right?

I understand that AFK players should not be rewarded and are punished for being AFK. Also I think that players that are trying shouldn't be punished as being AFK. 

https://na.wargaming.../article/15417/

Actions rewarded with XP:

-Damaging enemy vehicles.

-Critical damage to enemy vehicles (taking differences in vehicle tier into account).

-Spotting enemy vehicles.

-Damage to vehicles spotted by allies (XP is split between all spotting vehicles).

-Destroying an enemy vehicle (XP rewarded only to the one destroying the vehicle, vehicle tier differences are taken into account).

-Capturing the enemy base (XP rewarded only for those capturing).

-For disrupting base capture (proportional to the reduction of base capture points).

-Bonus XP if the vehicle survived the battle.

-For active actions in battle: firing with the enemy being within a certain radius and/or enemy firing with you being within a certain radius.

-Damage to the enemy dealt by your team. Only damage to destroyed vehicles counts.

-Team victory (+50% of XP per vehicle)

So most of these the Tortoise missed out on... but the two ones I highlighted in Blue would seem to have been appropriate (IMO). The second somewhat unfortunately being a multiplier so if they scored zero on the first they didn't get anything on the second. It seems to me (since I have seen many more ZEROs recently) that probably WG has either stopped awarding XP for Active Actions or more likely changed the radius. Since the tortoise was within 100m of the nearest red tank - which would seem "close" for a TD... but that's just my opinion.

AdderaII #9 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:46 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 32666 battles
  • [OGRE]

Along with the pity XP, they should probably get their own participation trophy. 

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

Bellatormonk #10 Posted 14 January 2022 - 04:53 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 38626 battles
  • [MINC]

I guess X overrode Y to equal Zero.

What doesn't generate XP:

Ricochet and non-penetrating hits.
Taking damage.
Achieving the Battle Hero status (except Invader and Defender status, see items 6 and 7 of the above list).
A draw or defeat.
There is no special bonus XP for destroying all enemy vehicles.icles.

_Crusader6_ #11 Posted 14 January 2022 - 06:47 PM

Skill Makes it’s own Luck.

• Players
  • 81665 battles
  • [III]

I think it does incentivize players. 
1) Don’t rush up tiers. 
2) Don’t play tanks that suck 

3) Lastly it is going to be longer to get the 183 for him. Which is a win for everyone. 

I wish WG would also remove any exp from players who only got damage when an idiot rammed their AFK tank. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 481 tanks in Garage:  498/498 Played Tanks Aced
304 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

__V_O_P__ #12 Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:08 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 64199 battles
  • [LAP]

and this time on red...

Grille...Zero XP... earned 47 cap points... fired 4 times...zero damage...bounced twice... once unlucky.

https://replays.woti...4203a8e3789cf24

but he was brawling with green...

it definitely seems like the definition of active actions has changed... 

tankist22 #13 Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 66775 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 14 January 2022 - 10:47 AM, said:

I wish WG would also remove any exp from players who only got damage when an idiot rammed their AFK tank. 

Lol!

Speaking of an incentive, and switching from XPs to credits, last update made it go way over the border. Just finished a battle using my T71, it was tier VII/VIII, did top damage 2136, destroyed 1 red, spotted 2, earned 889 base XPs, did not use premium ammo, received 1 hit only, and yet lost 210 credits. In light tier VII tank?

dport02 #14 Posted 14 January 2022 - 08:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35383 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 14 January 2022 - 02:08 PM, said:

and this time on red...

Grille...Zero XP... earned 47 cap points... fired 4 times...zero damage...bounced twice... once unlucky.

https://replays.woti...4203a8e3789cf24

but he was brawling with green...

it definitely seems like the definition of active actions has changed... 

I assume the 183 was afk. 

RNG is rigged !

__V_O_P__ #15 Posted 14 January 2022 - 09:58 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 64199 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postdport02, on 14 January 2022 - 03:20 PM, said:

I assume the 183 was afk. 

nope...he just went A on Canal...  8 /

dport02 #16 Posted 14 January 2022 - 10:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35383 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 14 January 2022 - 03:58 PM, said:

nope...he just went A on Canal...  8 /

Wow. Did he even fire his gun? Or admire the scenery? 

RNG is rigged !

__V_O_P__ #17 Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:28 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 64199 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postdport02, on 14 January 2022 - 05:03 PM, said:

Wow. Did he even fire his gun? Or admire the scenery? 

if you get spotted trying to get from spawn to the A cap on Canal it’s going to be a short battle. 

JefeMac #18 Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9224 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 14 January 2022 - 11:28 PM, said:

if you get spotted trying to get from spawn to the A cap on Canal it’s going to be a short battle. 

Can be, depends on which vehicle you’re in. The Obj-260 for instance, usually makes it there for me. 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

JefeMac #19 Posted 14 January 2022 - 11:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9224 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 14 January 2022 - 06:47 PM, said:

I think it does incentivize players. 
1) Don’t rush up tiers. 
2) Don’t play tanks that suck 

3) Lastly it is going to be longer to get the 183 for him. Which is a win for everyone. 

Item 2: pls provide your list of tanks that suck, would be very interested to know. 

_Crusader6_ #20 Posted 15 January 2022 - 03:35 AM

Skill Makes it’s own Luck.

• Players
  • 81665 battles
  • [III]

View PostJefeMac, on 14 January 2022 - 06:38 PM, said:

Item 2: pls provide your list of tanks that suck, would be very interested to know. 

It’s mostly tanks that a player is weak in, or can’t gel with the play style. 
  In 9/10 there are not a lot of dogs, but the Tort is definitely one. 
if any tier 9 needs a buff it’s the Tort, it’s just too useless for most maps and positions they unless red is complete obvious it can’t really perform.
Anyone playing the Tortise now isn’t likely playing it for fun, they are trying to get the 183, a tank that generally sucks for red and green 

To me, if you are weak in a tank play style. Tier 9/10 aren’t places to get better.  Really 9/10 are paces to refine an already decent play style, and game play understanding.  
   The game has tiers for a reason, and mistakes in 10 are exponentially more disastrous than in 5-8  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 481 tanks in Garage:  498/498 Played Tanks Aced
304 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users