What's one of the most common reasons you see that makes a team lose?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Outlaw_1000 #1 Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33225 battles
  • [501ST]
I will start by saying I believe one common reason for a loss is the team's splitting up. Yea I know a split is better for coherent players and setting up a crossfire, ect but most of our playerbase is NOT coherent. The old saying, " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" applies here. Meds and lights think, " Oh yea, we should go  med side." Ignoring the fact that the other team sometimes outnumbers you with lights, meds. The majority of our playerbase now can't fight and win with even odds, and throw in an extra red tank and they are done. After observing our playerbase alot, I really believe 80% plus players would be better off staying as one group. I would bet they could win more. 

Edited by Outlaw_1000, 28 January 2022 - 05:59 AM.

j_rod #2 Posted 28 January 2022 - 06:01 AM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 35791 battles
  • [III-C]

Losing a green tank very early.

Having two very bad platoon mates on green and two strong platoon mates on red. 

A heavy going by themselves away from the rest of the team. 

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

“There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.” - Mr Garrison (South Park)

Cykyn #3 Posted 28 January 2022 - 06:22 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49961 battles
  • [WAYCR]
Lemming trains, especially all tucked into one corner in a 5+ orgy

KriticSoul #4 Posted 28 January 2022 - 06:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6727 battles
  • [LCTS]
Tank Destroyers who doesnt move, who doesnt relocate depending on the situation, example, they wait in a bush even if the enemies are in the other side (Where they cant see the enemies) of the map fighting with the ally team, and they see their allies dying one by one and they dont do nothing
"Gods no fear death"

By the way, (Misspelled words or phrases, ignore it, this is not my mother lenguage)

Don't believe to BlitzStars about my specific stats, i'm still being a noob yet

JefeMac #5 Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10407 battles
  • [ROTI]
German Super Heavies sniping from bushes, in spawn. 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

thenerfdude #6 Posted 28 January 2022 - 07:44 AM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 40875 battles
  • [_AUS_]

Players including me not being encouraged to play on Faust, or when the entire team decides to go rails for some reason on himmelsdorf

*Edit* me

Edited by thenerfdude, 01 February 2022 - 08:48 AM.

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Visit my website!

TnkKillaxyz #7 Posted 28 January 2022 - 10:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14300 battles
  • [AMTH]

View PostKriticSoul, on 28 January 2022 - 04:38 PM, said:

Tank Destroyers who doesnt move, who doesnt relocate depending on the situation, example, they wait in a bush even if the enemies are in the other side (Where they cant see the enemies) of the map fighting with the ally team, and they see their allies dying one by one and they dont do nothing

I see that A LOT!

View PostOutlaw_1000, on 28 January 2022 - 03:48 PM, said:

I will start by saying I believe one common reason for a loss is the team's splitting up. Yea I know a split is better for coherent players and setting up a crossfire, ect but most of our playerbase is NOT coherent. The old saying, " A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" applies here. Meds and lights think, " Oh yea, we should go  med side." Ignoring the fact that the other team sometimes outnumbers you with lights, meds. The majority of our playerbase now can't fight and win with even odds, and throw in an extra red tank and they are done. After observing our playerbase alot, I really believe 80% plus players would be better off staying as one group. I would bet they could win more. 

no teamwork is what I see as the biggest reason, ie. each player doing their own thing.

I play for fun, and I play to win! I play ALL my tanks, good or bad. When I'm the best player on the team it's not my

fault if we lose and I'm not being carried if we win! So please don't rubbish me or my stats! I don't play for stats!

__V_O_P__ #8 Posted 28 January 2022 - 12:00 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 66925 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostTnkKillaxyz, on 28 January 2022 - 05:14 AM, said:

no teamwork is what I see as the biggest reason, ie. each player doing their own thing.

Generally heavy tanks should follow medium tanks - but often you see it the other way around. That’s usually a loss. But there are several maps where splitting up is preferable or at least not an auto-loss. 

Tanks are different. You want them doing their own thing - you just don’t want them doing something they shouldn’t be doing. Heavies sniping and lights and mediums loitering in spawn at the start because reasons.

it’s fair to say that there’s a lack of teamwork but usually that seems like a tactical issue - so failing to focus fire or not taking a shot to keep a team mate alive. Six tanks going the wrong way is not good teamwork. It’s group think. 

MRIGGS2345 #9 Posted 28 January 2022 - 12:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14771 battles
  • [OLD_G]

* Bad/no teamwork of like tanks on a flank - no hp share, no focus fire, no positioning for crossfire, no realization when you have numbers and need to push before other side dies.

* Lack of awareness of surroundings - td's that have gone un-spotted/potential crossfire areas and green pulls out to shoot someone only to get nuked

* Lack of patience - yolo/poking 1 vs. x situation and dying early rather than being patient and considering options/waiting for red to focus on another target.

__V_O_P__ #10 Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:02 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 66925 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostOutlaw_1000, on 28 January 2022 - 12:48 AM, said:

outlaw, I don't agree. being an outnumbered medium on a flank is not a good reason to bail and hang with the heavies. it's a reason to be hyper-cautious. someone that selects a medium tank has medium tank responsibilities. someone has to make sure the flank is secure... that's primarily a medium tank's job. if they don't do it...either it won't get done or someone else will have to do it, badly. that's not a clarion call for folks to yolo outnumbered 3 to 1, but it could be...how can I extend this engagement until the heavies are resolved... can I reposition... is there someone like a heavy or a TD I can use to help me...?

its okay to die and to win...

wrecker1968 #11 Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:10 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Lack of caring, Because they have been sh!t on by the game And told that it's their fault every single time. 

MarBearCat #12 Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:39 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22744 battles
  • [SDWA]
Most obvious reason is not killing more tanks than the enemy. :hiding:

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

j_rod #13 Posted 28 January 2022 - 01:45 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 35791 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 28 January 2022 - 07:02 AM, said:

outlaw, I don't agree. being an outnumbered medium on a flank is not a good reason to bail and hang with the heavies. it's a reason to be hyper-cautious. someone that selects a medium tank has medium tank responsibilities. someone has to make sure the flank is secure... that's primarily a medium tank's job. if they don't do it...either it won't get done or someone else will have to do it, badly. that's not a clarion call for folks to yolo outnumbered 3 to 1, but it could be...how can I extend this engagement until the heavies are resolved... can I reposition... is there someone like a heavy or a TD I can use to help me...?

its okay to die and to win...

I'm with VOP here. Take Himmelsdorff for example. If I'm in a med and numerically disadvantaged and my team goes heavy side, I'm not going to go try to help in the shooting gallery. I'll just get in the way. Instead, I'll post up hulldown near the spawn where I can spot the red meds as soon as they try to flank. Assuming that they all go rails, as soon as I'm spotted, this is going to cause them to pause (if they're not bad) and evaluate, allowing our heavies to hopefully take advantage of their numerical advantage.

Same principle can be applied on Falls Creek, Castillo, etc.

Edited by j_rod, 28 January 2022 - 01:49 PM.

aufrecht_melcher #14 Posted 28 January 2022 - 02:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 52147 battles

Great question, thanks for asking.

The single biggest factor in determining the Win, is the # of "good" players on the team.  Teams with more than 2 "good" players is a recipe for an L.

you see, being "good" actually means being narcissistic.  "good" players don't lead.  "good" players don't cross river.  The vast majority of "good" players don't help teammates. and so on. 

you get "good" by being passive, farming dmg, using meat shields, letting others lead (and die as you farm dmg), and other insipid tactics.

So, if say, you have 3 "good" players - no one spots, no one leads, and the team is in limbo as the "good" players are unable to be "good" because their tactics cannot be exploited.  And then you lose.  And the "good" players whine and allude to their "awesome videogame stats".  oblivious to their own folly.  As narcissist's are want to do.

And no, I'm not a "good" player.  

I was raised properly. 

Also, someone mentioned balance once or twice on the forums - and the continual quest for balance.  You want to quickly and easily fix the balance?

new maps.  every month or 6 introduce all new maps.  there, fixed it for you wargamming.  You're welcome.

Cykyn #15 Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 49961 battles
  • [WAYCR]
I agree with Aufrec!

j_rod #16 Posted 28 January 2022 - 03:22 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 35791 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postaufrecht_melcher, on 28 January 2022 - 08:38 AM, said:

The single biggest factor in determining the Win, is the # of "good" players on the team.  Teams with more than 2 "good" players is a recipe for an L.

Agreed. And being a good player definitely helps skew this in one’s advantage. 

you see, being "good" actually means being narcissistic.  "good" players don't lead.  "good" players don't cross river.  The vast majority of "good" players don't help teammates. and so on. 

Good players do what it takes to win and I’d say selfish over narcissistic, but overall, this is correct. The crossing river point is contextual - in most cases it is the smart thing to do, but one shouldn’t cross river just for the sake of crossing river which I think is the point you’re making

you get "good" by being passive, farming dmg, using meat shields, letting others lead (and die as you farm dmg), and other insipid tactics.

Disagree on portions here. The top players from the top clans not only have extremely high damage, they also have extremely high spot rates, especially in tanks that should be spotting. Farming damage and using others as meat shields is spot on. 

So, if say, you have 3 "good" players - no one spots, no one leads, and the team is in limbo as the "good" players are unable to be "good" because their tactics cannot be exploited.  And then you lose.  And the "good" players whine and allude to their "awesome videogame stats".  oblivious to their own folly.  As narcissist's are want to do.

Not sure I understand this point at all. Good players are good bc they do what it takes to win. I think you’re implying that all good players are selfish and therefore three good players on a team is actually counter-productive, but that’s not the case at all. 

Additionally, stats are simply a record of one’s past actions. I do think you’re right though that there are times that good players rely on their historical stats to justify bad decisions in a specific game. I know I have at times. 

The other side to this is that bad players often react defensively when their bad decisions are pointed out, also to their detriment. 

I was raised properly. 

Also, someone mentioned balance once or twice on the forums - and the continual quest for balance.  You want to quickly and easily fix the balance?

new maps.  every month or 6 introduce all new maps.  there, fixed it for you wargamming.  You're welcome.

Maps take months and months to put together so that they offer interesting strategies, diversity, etc. Whereas WG doesn’t always do a good job of balancing tanks, they do a far better job of creating maps that are balanced for both spawn points and that takes a ton of time. 

The other thing to note is that having the same maps should be a huge advantage for experienced players. 

Responses above.

dport02 #17 Posted 28 January 2022 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35434 battles
  • [-FE4R]
An afk, or a stupid E100 who goes town. I swear every other E100 I encounter is absolutely brain dead
RNG is rigged !

MaxxDamage #18 Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 62220 battles
  • [CRUEL]
  1. Players not understanding the role of their tank on the team and playing it accordingly.  No explanation needed.
  2. Players not understanding the meta of the map they are playing and where they should be going.  Half the time it's not the direction you are pointing in when the game starts.
  3. Players not communicating or paying attention to team communications.  Spamming SOS does not count.

Rou_Garou #19 Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:17 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [OP-4]
An ultimate fail is a med or lite letting their td get flanked and deleted followed by the td that lets himself get flanked by a low tier lite.

_Crusader6_ #20 Posted 28 January 2022 - 05:42 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 84807 battles
  • [III]

View Postaufrecht_melcher, on 28 January 2022 - 09:38 AM, said:

I was raised properly. 

Wow Bots can talk, who knew. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 495 tanks in Garage:  511/511 Played Tanks Aced

323 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users