#goodbyeforevertier10?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

LazerDad #1 Posted 21 June 2022 - 01:07 PM

Captain Salty

• Players
  • 22374 battles
  • [802VT]

Fatness did a 5 hour long live stream with Alexa? and some other dude from WG last night to get their feedback on the changes to tier 10 and why they are doing it.  I've only been able to listen to ten minutes or so at this point. 

Did anyone watch the majority (or enough of) the stream and have a TL: DR for the forums?  The brief bit that I heard made it sound like they are trying to homogenize tanks to play type-specific instead of specific roles that they may have now.  I'm the farthest thing from an expert on this forum and was just curious what people's thoughts about this are.

JefeMac #2 Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:26 PM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostLazerDad, on 21 June 2022 - 01:07 PM, said:

Fatness did a 5 hour long live stream with Alexa? and some other dude from WG last night to get their feedback on the changes to tier 10 and why they are doing it.  I've only been able to listen to ten minutes or so at this point. 

Did anyone watch the majority (or enough of) the stream and have a TL: DR for the forums?  The brief bit that I heard made it sound like they are trying to homogenize tanks to play type-specific instead of specific roles that they may have now.  I'm the farthest thing from an expert on this forum and was just curious what people's thoughts about this are.

Definitely need some Dr. Mav or ED-46 breakdown here. 

Edited by JefeMac, 21 June 2022 - 08:35 PM.

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

Ronin_23 #3 Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:06 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 29298 battles
  • [TENET]

https://www.reddit.c...web2x&context=3

https://www.reddit.c...web2x&context=3

daREAL_trainboi #4 Posted 21 June 2022 - 03:16 PM

The one (and only) M26 Pershing Fanatic!

• Players
  • 16522 battles
  • [PRD]

Best thing to do would be to venture onto their Discord and go to the devs answers channel, it lists all the changes. Or use BH. Keep in mind some of the alpha changes (Badger, E100, VK72, Waffle, Borsig, AMX 50 120, AC 48, Foch, and E3) are just bugs.

It's interesting to see their motives. Tier 10 tanks now are going to have "more clear strengths and weaknesses" meaning many of them are being balanced to be more extreme in terms of their characteristics. However overall Tier 10 now feels even less homogeneous, as so many tanks are being changed there is now a lot more variety particular in the 105 mm armed mediums, which now are less of a group of similar vehicles with small differences, rather a group of vehicles with each one distinct from the other.

I previously shunned the changes, but as nearly every single Tier 10 will be changed we really don't know what the meta will be and I'm very excited to play some tanks after the update. It's safe to say heavies will not be dominating all the time though, and we'll have light tanks be more like their actual class instead of being borderline mediums. Lots of changes to tank destroyers too, to vary them from each other particularly in their alpha damage among the 150-155 mm caliber guns (Ho-Ri gets 560, Grille has 600, E3 has 680, E4 has 640, 268 has 670, Foch has 560, WZ has 640). That's 5 different alpha damages among 7 tanks, which I think is a neat thing to do. Light tanks are all getting blanket HP nerfs and some are getting viewrange nerfs, and the Batchat is getting Spall Liner (:facepalm:) for some reason when it already has troll armor...?

Most of the changes in my opinion are for the better in particular making the only truly fast heavies ones with little armor, so IS-7s won't be terrorizing mediums anymore...however I am not 100 percent happy. The 50B really did get massacred and has a much higher skill ceiling, and the problem is made even worse by the addition of Shell Reload Boost and Gunpowder (for some reason?) on nearly ALL OTHER Tier X autoloaders except the 50B and TVP, and the latter is getting a 1.5 second interclip reload! More tanks getting super consumables is definitely bad, so it doesn't really balance out the removal of other super consumables from the E5, WZ-113GFT, etc. Adding super consumables is bad balancing, ESPECIALLY when the 907 and 121B are getting them while comparable tech tree tanks are not.

Oh, and the E5 is gaining weight and getting its IEPB being removed so the buff to 42kph isn't very noticeable. Also the DPM stays the same...however thankfully the turret traverse speed was buffed and the gun handling is fantastic now.

If no super consumables were added in this update, I would be much happier. 

Meat_Locker #5 Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:37 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 67865 battles
  • [TOWN]
I sure do wish they knew what they wanted to do with this property and that they would stick with it and stop breaking things (Smasher, Anni, etc [for no real reason]), and then making sweeping changes. It’s fatiguing, annoying, and short-sighted. Just like the click-kiddies, I guess.

JefeMac #6 Posted 21 June 2022 - 04:47 PM

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 21 June 2022 - 03:16 PM, said:

Best thing to do would be to venture onto their Discord and go to the devs answers channel, it lists all the changes. Or use BH. Keep in mind some of the alpha changes (Badger, E100, VK72, Waffle, Borsig, AMX 50 120, AC 48, Foch, and E3) are just bugs.

It's interesting to see their motives. Tier 10 tanks now are going to have "more clear strengths and weaknesses" meaning many of them are being balanced to be more extreme in terms of their characteristics. However overall Tier 10 now feels even less homogeneous, as so many tanks are being changed there is now a lot more variety particular in the 105 mm armed mediums, which now are less of a group of similar vehicles with small differences, rather a group of vehicles with each one distinct from the other.

I previously shunned the changes, but as nearly every single Tier 10 will be changed we really don't know what the meta will be and I'm very excited to play some tanks after the update. It's safe to say heavies will not be dominating all the time though, and we'll have light tanks be more like their actual class instead of being borderline mediums. Lots of changes to tank destroyers too, to vary them from each other particularly in their alpha damage among the 150-155 mm caliber guns (Ho-Ri gets 560, Grille has 600, E3 has 680, E4 has 640, 268 has 670, Foch has 560, WZ has 640). That's 5 different alpha damages among 7 tanks, which I think is a neat thing to do. Light tanks are all getting blanket HP nerfs and some are getting viewrange nerfs, and the Batchat is getting Spall Liner (:facepalm:) for some reason when it already has troll armor...?

Most of the changes in my opinion are for the better in particular making the only truly fast heavies ones with little armor, so IS-7s won't be terrorizing mediums anymore...however I am not 100 percent happy. The 50B really did get massacred and has a much higher skill ceiling, and the problem is made even worse by the addition of Shell Reload Boost and Gunpowder (for some reason?) on nearly ALL OTHER Tier X autoloaders except the 50B and TVP, and the latter is getting a 1.5 second interclip reload! More tanks getting super consumables is definitely bad, so it doesn't really balance out the removal of other super consumables from the E5, WZ-113GFT, etc. Adding super consumables is bad balancing, ESPECIALLY when the 907 and 121B are getting them while comparable tech tree tanks are not.

Oh, and the E5 is gaining weight and getting its IEPB being removed so the buff to 42kph isn't very noticeable. Also the DPM stays the same...however thankfully the turret traverse speed was buffed and the gun handling is fantastic now.

If no super consumables were added in this update, I would be much happier. 

Hey bud - I find Discrud to be a dis-organized pile of garbage - any chance you could provide a link to the specific devs answers area? I’m particularly interested in the thought process of these changes. Are they being “balanced” respective only to other Tier X tanks? If so, does that mean they’ll steamroll Tier IX’s even worse now? 

Edited by JefeMac, 21 June 2022 - 04:51 PM.

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 21 June 2022 - 05:06 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 22262 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostJefeMac, on 21 June 2022 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hey bud - I find Discrud to be a dis-organized pile of garbage - any chance you could provide a link to the specific devs answers area? I’m particularly interested in the thought process of these changes. Are they being “balanced” respective only to other Tier X tanks? If so, does that mean they’ll steamroll Tier IX’s even worse now? 

That's not how it works.

JefeMac #8 Posted 21 June 2022 - 05:30 PM

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 21 June 2022 - 05:06 PM, said:

That's not how it works.

What doesn’t Ron, Discrud or the “balancing” process? 

Hey - wouldn’t a WG person be a nice addition to the forum? Oh wait…..

Edited by JefeMac, 21 June 2022 - 05:32 PM.

daREAL_trainboi #9 Posted 21 June 2022 - 05:47 PM

• Players
  • 16522 battles
  • [PRD]
Again you can check Blitzhangar as it shows all the client changes- just be aware there are some errors that I pointed out earlier.

daREAL_trainboi #10 Posted 21 June 2022 - 05:48 PM

• Players
  • 16522 battles
  • [PRD]

View PostJefeMac, on 21 June 2022 - 10:47 AM, said:

Tier 9 will get absolutely wrecked. WG will most definitely adjust Tier 9 in the future.

twirlingtowardsfreedom #11 Posted 21 June 2022 - 06:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37685 battles

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 21 June 2022 - 11:48 AM, said:

Tier 9 will get absolutely wrecked. WG will most definitely adjust Tier 9 in the future.

I don't know about that at first. There might be some tier 9s that flourish because they're tank type oddballs compared to the new flattened categories that WG is rolling out at 10. Of course there will be opposite versions of that too; I'd sure hate to be grinding a nine frontline heavy against the 9.1 is4.

_TheKidd_ #12 Posted 21 June 2022 - 06:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13775 battles
  • [TOES]
So avoid tier nine until next balance update is what I am hearing.

_Crusader6_ #13 Posted 21 June 2022 - 07:12 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 86061 battles
  • [III]

What most of you missed is both Premium/Enriched/Collector and Tech Tree tanks are getting reworked. 
  Of all of that, this is the most important and there are nerf’s being applied to tanks that where previously considered bulletproof. 

Why is that important?   Because from X, 9 will then get reworked and all down the line.  
   So the Smasher and Garborator will finally be getting hit with the nerf bat, even though it will take 4-5 updates from 9.1 to occur. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 504 tanks in Garage:  517/519 Played Tanks Aced

376 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

twirlingtowardsfreedom #14 Posted 21 June 2022 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37685 battles

View Post_Crusader6_, on 21 June 2022 - 01:12 PM, said:

What most of you missed is both Premium/Enriched/Collector and Tech Tree tanks are getting reworked. 
  Of all of that, this is the most important and there are nerf’s being applied to tanks that where previously considered bulletproof. 

Why is that important?   Because from X, 9 will then get reworked and all down the line.  
   So the Smasher and Garborator will finally be getting hit with the nerf bat, even though it will take 4-5 updates from 9.1 to occur. 

You sure about the nerfbat part of that though? Obviously they aren't OP monsters, but the 121B, OBJ 260, Badger etc all seem to have gotten love, not loathing.

JefeMac #15 Posted 21 June 2022 - 08:36 PM

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 21 June 2022 - 05:48 PM, said:

So in the mean time, STFO Tier IX….

Handsome_Squidward_ #16 Posted 21 June 2022 - 08:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 983 battles
  • [PRD]
So what I’m hearing is I need to panic-spam my Smasher? :D

WoT PC Defector

JefeMac #17 Posted 21 June 2022 - 08:42 PM

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostHandsome_Squidward_, on 21 June 2022 - 08:38 PM, said:

So what I’m hearing is I need to panic-spam my Smasher? :D

Only time I really play my Smasher is in Big Boss and Uprising.

The dmg totals you can accumulate as each life offers increases gun/speed performance are INSANE !  

Edited by JefeMac, 21 June 2022 - 08:42 PM.

_Crusader6_ #18 Posted 21 June 2022 - 11:47 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 86061 battles
  • [III]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 21 June 2022 - 03:22 PM, said:

You sure about the nerfbat part of that though? Obviously they aren't OP monsters, but the 121B, OBJ 260, Badger etc all seem to have gotten love, not loathing.

Minor buffs in the grande scheme // the key is that nerfs did hit the P/E/C tanks in X. 
   I’m not keen on a lot of this rebalancing, but I am liking the fact that they are willing to adjust the P/E/C tanks. 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 504 tanks in Garage:  517/519 Played Tanks Aced

376 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

RonaldusMaximus_ #19 Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:12 AM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 22262 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostJefeMac, on 21 June 2022 - 12:30 PM, said:

What doesn’t Ron, Discrud or the “balancing” process? 

Hey - wouldn’t a WG person be a nice addition to the forum? Oh wait…..

You cannot link directly to a portion of a topic on Discord

JefeMac #20 Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:33 AM

• Players
  • 10710 battles
  • [ROTI]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 22 June 2022 - 12:12 AM, said:

You cannot link directly to a portion of a topic on Discord

Thx Ron. Yet another fine Discrud feature…..:facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users