Jump to content


Can we please get more forum moderators?


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

CassandraSaturn #1 Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016

I'm curious if we can get more forum moderators that's active for the forum than discord? I'm quite concerned that we could get more unruly users in the forum that might go and cause trouble with others?

Just two cents.


Good luck with your matches ~Korra

__Frostbite #2 Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:44 PM

    Cold as Ice

  • Players
  • 43256 battles
  • 3,837
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
The official discord server is like 100x worse in terms of “unruly behavior”, but I’ll ask. Take my word on that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


CassandraSaturn #3 Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016

View PostFrostbaka, on 24 June 2022 - 08:44 AM, said:

The official discord server is like 100x worse in terms of “unruly behavior”, but I’ll ask. Take my word on that.

Okay, thank you so much. I'm definitely concerned about that in discord too. This is WG's first time with discord, although they have been here for while but they do not know how bad it can get if you don't regulate the server 24/7 daily like with the forum. I'd know from experience with discord servers and forums.


Good luck with your matches ~Korra

wrecker1968 #4 Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:21 PM

    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

  • Players
  • 60788 battles
  • 3,291
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
:popcorn: Oh yeah, this is going to be fun.

Meat_Locker #5 Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:22 PM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 71342 battles
  • 2,789
  • [TOWN]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

This makes no sense. There is almost no traffic on this board. Most assclownery is self-regulating amongst the peers. What is your angle? Were you serious about wanting to have some kind of position of authority on behalf of WG? 

 

None of this makes sense. The forum is fine. There is nothing crying out for moderation. Also, you have demonstrated that you aren’t up to the task; as moderation and authority demand clarity of thought and communication. You’ve shown the exact opposite. 


Edited by Meat_Locker, 25 June 2022 - 05:22 AM.


   

 

 

 


_TheKidd_ #6 Posted 24 June 2022 - 07:57 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14008 battles
  • 873
  • Member since:
    05-11-2019
Wasn't she leaving?

CassandraSaturn #7 Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016
Let's not bring this up on non relevant topic. Please keep it on topic. Thank you.
Good luck with your matches ~Korra

_BobaFett #8 Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:59 PM

    Math is just manipulating everything by one.

  • Players
  • 18959 battles
  • 2,603
  • [BOBA_]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

View PostMeat_Locker, on 24 June 2022 - 02:22 PM, said:

This makes no sense. There is almost no traffic on this board. Most assclownery is self-regulating amongst the peers. What is your angle? Were you serious about wanting to have some kind of position of authority on behalf of WG? 

 

None of this makes sense. The forum is fine. There is nothing crying out for moderation. Also, you have demonstrated that you aren’t up to the task as moderation and authority demand clarity of thought and communication. You’ve shown the exact opposite. 

 

I agree. Cru has done pretty much all that is needed for a forum with barely any activity. 


 

Bad players blame MM.

Good players blame bad players.

Great players blame themselves.


CassandraSaturn #9 Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016
I'm not complaining, at least not yet. But we do need active forum moderators that's on 24/7 besides Cru.
Good luck with your matches ~Korra

CassandraSaturn #10 Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016
Also, Cru isn't classified as official forum moderator. that's why.
Good luck with your matches ~Korra

__Frostbite #11 Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:25 PM

    Cold as Ice

  • Players
  • 43256 battles
  • 3,837
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016

For blending purposes, the various mods on the forums aren't classified as Moderators. There's more mods than just Crusader. And like other people have said, there really isn't much need to have constant supervision here. The vast majority of posters here, while they may be rude or sarcastic sometimes (including myself), have been around for a while and have no intention of purposely causing trouble. That is very different from Discord.

 

The setup is appropriately better on the official discord server though. The mod team regularly checks channels for stuff that's against the rules and you'll see moderators interacting with people as well. If there's no mods present or online, anyone has the ability to ping the entire mod team to show up if something's happening that would need our attention. On average, a mod should appear within a minute or so if someone pings all of us.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


wrecker1968 #12 Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:43 PM

    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

  • Players
  • 60788 battles
  • 3,291
  • Member since:
    04-13-2016
Personally I think this forum runs very well. The moderators do their job very well without overstepping their boundaries. They have their heads on straight. Sometimes they will let a thread run its course to see if it levels out, And 9 of 10 times it does. And if it doesn't they shut it down.

CassandraSaturn #13 Posted 24 June 2022 - 10:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016
Well, thank you for the clarification and update on this matter. usually, uniformed moderators makes sense because they're available often and can be reached. But non-uniformed moderators are not known so it's pretty difficult to know whom is moderator or not. people wouldn't know whom to ask for help. That's why I think it's going to be relatively early to know if it's still the case. given the circumstances associated with that. Frostbaka
Good luck with your matches ~Korra

grunk69 #14 Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:00 PM

    History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told

  • Players
  • 36803 battles
  • 261
  • [A_F]
  • Member since:
    10-17-2017
must admit this is the only forum that i have NEVER POSTED MODSUX HAHAHAH

CassandraSaturn #15 Posted 24 June 2022 - 11:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016
......... Uhhh.. are you okay boy?
Good luck with your matches ~Korra

Meat_Locker #16 Posted 25 June 2022 - 02:38 PM

    Large Member

  • Players
  • 71342 battles
  • 2,789
  • [TOWN]
  • Member since:
    08-27-2014

View PostCassandraSaturn, on 25 June 2022 - 12:12 AM, said:

I'm not complaining, at least not yet. But we do need active forum moderators that's on 24/7 besides Cru.


Show your work. You are asserting something with zero evidence given. Thereby it merits zero. 
 

You seem to be more interested in posting for your ego as opposed to posting anything worthwhile to others. 


Edited by Meat_Locker, 26 June 2022 - 07:00 AM.


   

 

 

 


CassandraSaturn #17 Posted 26 June 2022 - 11:41 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 298 battles
  • 304
  • Member since:
    06-17-2016
That's not very mature. Don't assume something is because it shows zero evidence. It's always not nice to assume things without actually asking for it. Nobody else has asked for it yet. Thank you.
Good luck with your matches ~Korra

BlueAmmonite #18 Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 43 battles
  • 15
  • [G0BLN]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2022

View PostCassandraSaturn, on 24 June 2022 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm curious if we can get more forum moderators that's active for the forum than discord? I'm quite concerned that we could get more unruly users in the forum that might go and cause trouble with others?

Just two cents.

 

This has already been asked before. It's not necessary.

 

View PostCassandraSaturn, on 24 June 2022 - 04:59 PM, said:

Okay, thank you so much. I'm definitely concerned about that in discord too. This is WG's first time with discord, although they have been here for while but they do not know how bad it can get if you don't regulate the server 24/7 daily like with the forum. I'd know from experience with discord servers and forums.

 

This is nowhere near WG's first time. They've had a successful WoT and WoWS discord before the Blitz one. No one needs your kind of censorship.

 

View PostCassandraSaturn, on 24 June 2022 - 10:12 PM, said:

I'm not complaining, at least not yet. But we do need active forum moderators that's on 24/7 besides Cru.

 

Cru is basically active 24/7. 

 

View PostCassandraSaturn, on 26 June 2022 - 11:41 AM, said:

That's not very mature. Don't assume something is because it shows zero evidence. It's always not nice to assume things without actually asking for it. Nobody else has asked for it yet. Thank you.

 

Well if you're gonna make a statement like "We need more moderators" you better tell us why. This forum hasn't got a lot of new people, you are, in fact, the newest one here and you have been the most unruly.



_Crusader6_ #19 Posted 27 June 2022 - 02:21 PM

    St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

  • Players
  • 92290 battles
  • 20,671
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

Posted Image


I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 530 tanks in Garage:  539/547 Played Tanks Aced
 
448 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 
 
I need more tanks...
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 

 





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users