HomeScreen Chat Red Numbers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Blitzkrieg38 #1 Posted 03 August 2022 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24763 battles
  • [-SPY-]
It really annoys me that there is constantly a red number on the screen for the Chat button.  I keep thinking someone has posted a message.  Nope its not a message and guess what no one is even online.  I have no clue what that little number is, but its purpose is confusing to me.  Can it be just for actual messages through chat.  It would make more sense in the cell phone world. 

Meat_Locker #2 Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:19 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 68823 battles
  • [TOWN]
As of a couple of updates ago, if someone you’ve blocked sends you a message, you still see the red dot. Silly. 

DirkTheDaring76 #3 Posted 04 August 2022 - 04:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41939 battles
  • [ZOOM]

View PostMeat_Locker, on 03 August 2022 - 11:19 PM, said:

As of a couple of updates ago, if someone you’ve blocked sends you a message, you still see the red dot. Silly. 

That's not it. I don't think I've blocked anyone in years and I still get the notification for chat whenever I log in.

KING_SNAK3 #4 Posted 04 August 2022 - 05:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10299 battles
  • [_SP_]
The red dot is for your clan chat, even if nobody says anything the dot still pops up for your clan chat.

acrisis #5 Posted 05 August 2022 - 04:52 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22192 battles
  • [III-C]
I equally think it has to do with clan chat. If there's one or more new messages, it'll have the (1) ... 

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

little_brother_of_war #6 Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:30 PM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 25348 battles
  • [00F]

Another example of the red dot fetish fatigue-factor, apparently designed to annoy the somewhat OCD-inclined elements visiting the Blitz garage. Speaking from a personal level I am consumed each time upon entering login by the inevitable challenge of clicking on every red dot that I see visible. 
Especially this one particular red dot that somehow manages to taunt me, by tingling my senses in some dark unspoken language to…

:coin:

”Go ahead. Click on my chat icon. Right here. You know you want to. Do it. Now.”

Me: “No. I’m not going too. Not this time. You can’t make me. I won’t do it. I know you’re not there. You’re not real. There’s nothing new there. Nothing of note to see or read. I haven’t heard anything new from any of my amorphous fellow clan members in three months so I know there are no new messages to read!

I won’t give in to you this time, I WON’T!! Stop the madness! :playing:Don’t. Let. Me. Click. On. This…oh, gawd!! NO-O-o-o-o-o!”

:(

…an-n-n-n-d. Then I’m done.
:hiding:

Thanks, WG, you win again.

Old cowboy saying...

”Yep...it’s a mean ol’ world.”

Fortune cookie proverb...

”Face facts with dignity.”

Giddy up there, Buckeroo’s and Buckerettes!   :B  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users