Mod minimaps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

thenerfdude #1 Posted 21 November 2022 - 05:32 AM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 43425 battles
  • [_AUS_]

So I was searching for ages in my files, trying to find where the parameters for the mini map were. I found them after around 2 hours. Now I don’t need to make my whole desktop look goofy with 150% scaling just to use higher quality mini maps :B. Check it out, it’s pretty ridiculous and reminds me of WoT pc.

link for that one guy: https://youtu.be/H1xHbCIYGLA

Edited by thenerfdude, 21 November 2022 - 05:32 AM.

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Visit my website!

kidthekid01 #2 Posted 21 November 2022 - 04:16 PM

#1 Stupidest Player NA

• Players
  • 14527 battles
  • [TGL]

I thought mods were banned? Did that change in the past 2 years?

Hobbies: Switching my avatar to a low battle avatar and pretending to be a nub

__Frostbite #3 Posted 21 November 2022 - 10:01 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 43115 battles
  • [_V_]

Mods aren't inherently banned, I run several myself.

Mods that give the user a competitive advantage definitely are prohibited. Mods that allow players to see through walls and bushes, or have 3D hitskin changes are examples of prohibited mods. There's a popular one that's on a very gray zone for me, which is using the WoT PC minimap that shows circles on the map. Those circles, in my opinion, are a competitive advantage as they allow the player to quickly see what approximate range and distance enemy players are, in order to avoid being unspotted on movement. We do have a rangefinder, but we can't apply that without line of sight. I would not use that mod and I don't use it myself.

The mods I do use are purely cosmetic. I have a PC gun sound and crew sound mod, and a mod that replaces the map music on the loading screen with the old music from before Update 4.1. I also have a mod that replaces Ghost Factory with a nighttime version and some extra cosmetic features (in all honesty, that may actually give me a disadvantage :() . The last mod I have is an extended tech tree mod that adds all the other premiums and collectors to the nations' tech trees. It's pretty nice to visually see which premium and collector tanks I don't own. This doesn't allow me to purchase any tanks I don't own, simply to look at their stats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RonaldusMaximus_ #4 Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:35 AM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 23824 battles
  • [III-C]
Music is way too loud.

thenerfdude #5 Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:25 AM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 43425 battles
  • [_AUS_]

View PostFrostbaka, on 22 November 2022 - 12:01 AM, said:

Mods aren't inherently banned, I run several myself.

Mods that give the user a competitive advantage definitely are prohibited. Mods that allow players to see through walls and bushes, or have 3D hitskin changes are examples of prohibited mods. There's a popular one that's on a very gray zone for me, which is using the WoT PC minimap that shows circles on the map. Those circles, in my opinion, are a competitive advantage as they allow the player to quickly see what approximate range and distance enemy players are, in order to avoid being unspotted on movement. We do have a rangefinder, but we can't apply that without line of sight. I would not use that mod and I don't use it myself.

The mods I do use are purely cosmetic. I have a PC gun sound and crew sound mod, and a mod that replaces the map music on the loading screen with the old music from before Update 4.1. I also have a mod that replaces Ghost Factory with a nighttime version and some extra cosmetic features (in all honesty, that may actually give me a disadvantage :() . The last mod I have is an extended tech tree mod that adds all the other premiums and collectors to the nations' tech trees. It's pretty nice to visually see which premium and collector tanks I don't own. This doesn't allow me to purchase any tanks I don't own, simply to look at their stats.

I would consider the little thing I did as cosemetic, I dunno, Im just dorking out on pretty looking maps, I wouldnt compare it to stuff like hit skins. I also use the PC gun sounds ;)

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 22 November 2022 - 04:35 AM, said:

Music is way too loud.

Sorry about your ears Ronald :hiding:

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time - Visit my website!

Also tagged with Mod, minimaps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users