• 454 battles
  • [EUREF]
Any thoughts ?

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Popcann #2 Posted 21 November 2022 - 10:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18496 battles

I’d like to get the tank, no clan at the moment, so have to wait till later. 

from what vids I’ve seen the gun is pretty good, basically the same as tech tree version other then the gun.

__Frostbite #3 Posted 21 November 2022 - 10:26 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 43115 battles
  • [_V_]

?

Oh, the WT Ritter. Yeah, I'm a little annoyed that they changed the distribution of ingots. They noob-proofed the event and made it more grind-heavy. Less players will earn it for free (as its more about battles played instead of skill now) but more players will be able to buy it. I guess last year's event where it was very easy for unicums but difficult to even buy for noobs was too generous and now they are figuring out a way to profit from it.

I won't get into the super nitty gritty details, but last year, your main source of ingots was earning BIA medals with a clanmate. You could barely get to 700 ingots last year by not earning medals, and there was no cap on how many medals you could earn by playing. This year, you can earn over 900 ingots without earning any medals, and there's a cap on medal ingots to prevent good players from actually earning the tank any faster than less skilled players.

What I really don't like is the cap on medals, and them nerfing how many ingots you get from medals. Last year, we got 45 ingots per BIA. This year, we get 5 ingots per medal, and we can earn up to 20 BIAs and 20 Crucial Contributions before it caps out at 200 ingots total for medals. This also effectively eliminates any clan from getting the tank if they're not stacked full of members. WG shouldn't force clans to get ~30 incredibly active players to 50 decently active players as the only way to get the tank for free. A tournament clan with only a few member has no chance at getting the tank for free, no matter how good they are. Most clans with less than 30 members probably won't even have a chance to buy the tank with gold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

minitel_NA #4 Posted 21 November 2022 - 10:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Thanks for the maths.

explain why playing today for 3 games, I had 2 people asking me to get in my clan. 
the thing is, I totally missed last year thing, and I was recently about to hop clans. 
i guess that’s not really a good timing.

CryptOh #5 Posted 21 November 2022 - 11:39 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 42279 battles
  • [2RNBR]
How do you get a crucial contribution? I understand the other one.
Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re derpin errbody out here

acrisis #6 Posted 21 November 2022 - 11:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22206 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostCryptOh, on 21 November 2022 - 06:39 PM, said:

How do you get a crucial contribution? I understand the other one.

6 kills combined as a platoon

can be any combination of kill counts

BE     (+)   
>> Desktop mode  =>  + Recent topics   + Staff Posts 
    > WG Bugs & current update   > Feedback  
 > Videos   > Vehicle Bay   > Guides    

> PingPlotter >  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified using PingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training | Mentor | Pingplotter Guy

rosgrim #7 Posted 22 November 2022 - 05:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 123443 battles
  • [COD]

View PostFrostbaka, on 21 November 2022 - 10:26 PM, said:

?

Oh, the WT Ritter. Yeah, I'm a little annoyed that they changed the distribution of ingots. They noob-proofed the event and made it more grind-heavy. Less players will earn it for free (as its more about battles played instead of skill now) but more players will be able to buy it. I guess last year's event where it was very easy for unicums but difficult to even buy for noobs was too generous and now they are figuring out a way to profit from it.

I won't get into the super nitty gritty details, but last year, your main source of ingots was earning BIA medals with a clanmate. You could barely get to 700 ingots last year by not earning medals, and there was no cap on how many medals you could earn by playing. This year, you can earn over 900 ingots without earning any medals, and there's a cap on medal ingots to prevent good players from actually earning the tank any faster than less skilled players.

What I really don't like is the cap on medals, and them nerfing how many ingots you get from medals. Last year, we got 45 ingots per BIA. This year, we get 5 ingots per medal, and we can earn up to 20 BIAs and 20 Crucial Contributions before it caps out at 200 ingots total for medals. This also effectively eliminates any clan from getting the tank if they're not stacked full of members. WG shouldn't force clans to get ~30 incredibly active players to 50 decently active players as the only way to get the tank for free. A tournament clan with only a few member has no chance at getting the tank for free, no matter how good they are. Most clans with less than 30 members probably won't even have a chance to buy the tank with gold.

this

no chance for less active clans/players no matter how many medals

Honestly last year the medal contributions made it too easy, but as usual WOTB goes from one extreme to the other.

minitel_NA #8 Posted 22 November 2022 - 07:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Some thing that I apparently missed :

the waffle is won for every member of the clan if the clan as a whole has reached a certain threshold ?

pinkymaus #9 Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 45 battles

?

In EU land it's actually (70 daily + 50 weekly + 165 from clan rewards) x 3.= 855 ingots max without medals.

View Postminitel_NA, on 22 November 2022 - 07:03 AM, said:

Some thing that I apparently missed :

the waffle is won for every member of the clan if the clan as a whole has reached a certain threshold ?

Nope, each individual member needs to have the required number of ingots to get their own.

>>> This is just an NA alias account. Main is EU <<<

CryptOh #10 Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:40 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 42279 battles
  • [2RNBR]

View Postacrisis, on 21 November 2022 - 05:49 PM, said:

6 kills combined as a platoon

can be any combination of kill counts

In ONE game????????

And hide your husband

_Crusader6_ #11 Posted 22 November 2022 - 03:07 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 90959 battles
  • [III]

View PostCryptOh, on 22 November 2022 - 09:40 AM, said:

In ONE game????????

Yes, but in a toon.

Playing certain tanks can make it more or less likely.   

However given the number of clan toons out there right now - it is tough, and folks are intentionally holding fire to spoil some of those -- saw it a bunch in 7-8 yesterday 

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 526 tanks in Garage:  531/540 Played Tanks Aced

430 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

CryptOh #12 Posted 22 November 2022 - 03:41 PM

Twenty Shots One Kill

• Players
  • 42279 battles
  • [2RNBR]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 22 November 2022 - 09:07 AM, said:

Yes, but in a toon.

However given the number of clan toons out there right now - it is tough, and folks are intentionally holding fire to spoil some of those -- saw it a bunch in 7-8 yesterday 

That's just stupid then.

I have no problem with the BIA, that's not that difficult. But getting 6/7 kills is flat out ridiculous.

No desire to attempt the grind now. Zero.

And hide your husband

Shaymin_Loves_You #13 Posted 22 November 2022 - 04:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7213 battles

View Post_Crusader6_, on 22 November 2022 - 08:07 AM, said:

Yes, but in a toon.

Double GSOR toons are one good way to get BIA, clips basically confirm kills if they're sub 700 hp. Also, anything that combines an extremely deadly clip with DPM. 

Unicum, Don't Unicum

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

The more you take, the less you have

__V_O_P__ #14 Posted 22 November 2022 - 06:23 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 71656 battles
  • [LAP]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 22 November 2022 - 10:07 AM, said:

Yes, but in a toon.

^this... levels of idiocy are through the roof

minitel_NA #15 Posted 22 November 2022 - 10:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Hmmm reading you guys  I’m feeling like dropping out now.

i don’t usually toon, none of my favorite toon buddies are in my clan, and I was about to drop my clan. 

looks less and less like an offer taylored for me right now.

Edited by minitel_NA, 22 November 2022 - 10:34 PM.

ultimate_sushi_45 #16 Posted 23 November 2022 - 12:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6972 battles
  • [TROOP]

?

What? I saw that the ingot earning capped out at 100 medals each, getting you a grand total of 500 ingots if you do all 100 for one medal, and 1000 ingots for doing both medals all 100 times.

Edit*

I just checked in-game, you can only get 200 medals in total, sorry for the mis-info. (Though I wish that the above statement was true).

Edited by ultimate_sushi_45, 23 November 2022 - 12:27 PM.

Spwaffle

JefeMac #17 Posted 23 November 2022 - 02:21 PM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11624 battles
  • [ROTI]

Additional emphasis on elements plaguing Blitz, the complete imbalance brought by platoons, makes sense. :facepalm:

Maps disappear for years, crucial game elements like tank ranks and avatards being given development priority, what the what what is wrong with these people? 

Edited by JefeMac, 23 November 2022 - 03:52 PM.

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

JefeMac #18 Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:56 PM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11624 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Postminitel_NA, on 22 November 2022 - 10:31 PM, said:

Hmmm reading you guys  I’m feeling like dropping out now.

i don’t usually toon, none of my favorite toon buddies are in my clan, and I was about to drop my clan. 

looks less and less like an offer taylored for me right now.

It’s a completely stupid, poorly thought out “event.” Platoons are the largest imbalance in Blitz, it’s moronic to base an entire event on platooning. Since there’s no special game modes running currently, I try to just play ratings. These platoon events are not designed with average players in mind. 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

ironconch25 #19 Posted 25 November 2022 - 12:13 AM

Water Closet Warrior

• Players
  • 92813 battles
  • [-VWV-]
I’ll be glad when this event is over. Getting stuck in way too many platoon battles both single and double platoons.

minitel_NA #20 Posted 25 November 2022 - 06:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

End game,

4v2

a platoon of full hp e100 literally turning their turrets away while watching  two of their (my) teammates on low health getting obliterated

i say  »wth» 

of course they reply « clan event »

i got so sick and upset … I have no words.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users