t25 pilot

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

KFlowers_16 #1 Posted 22 January 2023 - 04:54 PM

professional masochist

• Players
  • 14504 battles
  • [-NOX-]

bought this thing cause i saw positive opinions and it looks similar to a raac in terms of playstyle.

15 games in, im not doing terrible but im tempted to sell it.

i need motivation that this thing is actually half decent

RonaldusMaximus_ #2 Posted 22 January 2023 - 06:01 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 24494 battles
  • [III-C]

I never sell premium tanks, you never know when they will be buffed or if your playstyle evolves to have fun with them. I still have my M10 Panther.

Also, they may some OP abilities in fun modes.

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 22 January 2023 - 06:01 PM.

I am still processing the fact that

it was safer to secede in Soviet Georgia

than in the American one.

KFlowers_16 #3 Posted 22 January 2023 - 06:31 PM

professional masochist

• Players
  • 14504 battles
  • [-NOX-]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 22 January 2023 - 01:01 PM, said:

I never sell premium tanks, you never know when they will be buffed or if your playstyle evolves to have fun with them. I still have my M10 Panther.

Also, they may some OP abilities in fun modes.

ik- i was just trying to get the point across that this tank is extremely frustrating to play

Edited by KFlowers_16, 22 January 2023 - 06:40 PM.

Rockracer #4 Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10807 battles

weird, the fine print says pro masochist

It's hard to defend the tank when its in a place where there's effectively direct upgrades hanging around, and that's the tank summed up to me. Maybe there is a niche thing it can do, that would probably be about it. I am definitively not one to be able to tell anyway.

More importantly, never selling premiums is sage advice, which still stands on this case IMO

You just never know, and the sell value might as well be throwing the tank away for nothing

I played TDs before it was cool. It was also never cool to begin with.

TheWitchKingOfAngmar #5 Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:47 AM

Phantom Lord

• Players
  • 15238 battles
  • [TGL]
I don't understand selling premiums, You don't get that many credits from them. You could easily grind for an hour and get more credits than you would have if you sold the tank

FALL TO YOUR KNEES

AND BOW TO THE PHANTOM LORD!!!!!!!

RonaldusMaximus_ #6 Posted 23 January 2023 - 01:26 AM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 24494 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostTheWitchKingOfAngmar, on 22 January 2023 - 07:47 PM, said:

I don't understand selling premiums, You don't get that many credits from them. You could easily grind for an hour and get more credits than you would have if you sold the tank

People don't like going to their garage and seeing disappointment.

I am still processing the fact that

it was safer to secede in Soviet Georgia

than in the American one.

KFlowers_16 #7 Posted 23 January 2023 - 01:41 AM

professional masochist

• Players
  • 14504 battles
  • [-NOX-]

View PostRockracer, on 22 January 2023 - 07:01 PM, said:

weird, the fine print says pro masochist

ah yes. yet again, i've failed to read the fine print. 

View PostRockracer, on 22 January 2023 - 07:01 PM, said:

It's hard to defend the tank when its in a place where there's effectively direct upgrades hanging around, and that's the tank summed up to me. Maybe there is a niche thing it can do, that would probably be about it. I am definitively not one to be able to tell anyway.

More importantly, never selling premiums is sage advice, which still stands on this case IMO

You just never know, and te sell value might as well be throwing the tank away for nothing

View PostTheWitchKingOfAngmar, on 22 January 2023 - 07:47 PM, said:

yeah im a stickler about that too, i dont think ive ever sold a premium... not that i need to, im sitting on dozens of millions of credits atm

trading 4.5k gold for <1m credits is a crappy deal don't u think

MarBearCat #8 Posted 23 January 2023 - 01:33 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22746 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 22 January 2023 - 08:26 PM, said:

People don't like going to their garage and seeing disappointment.

When my tanks see me enter the garage I swear I can hear them crying. :(

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

Meat_Locker #9 Posted 23 January 2023 - 05:58 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 71332 battles
  • [TOWN]
The only 'special' tank that I sold was that GuP Anko with that shrill girl.

Posit1ve_ #10 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:13 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 83126 battles
  • [_V_]

It’s an ok tank, and it pretty much works exactly as advertised. 

Ok turret armor, -10 gun depression, great gun handling stats, and decent mobility. Pretty much your quintessential 90mm tier 8 med

It’s a little powercrept since M26 got that massive DPM buff, but still solid IMO

336 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Markus_The0 #11 Posted 23 January 2023 - 11:29 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 36258 battles
  • [HOOD]

View PostKFlowers_16, on 22 January 2023 - 11:54 AM, said:

bought this thing cause i saw positive opinions and it looks similar to a raac in terms of playstyle.

15 games in, im not doing terrible but im tempted to sell it.

i need motivation that this thing is actually half decent

Sorry you're not having fun with it right now! I struggled with it a bit at the beginning, too! Here's my best advice:

The Pilot has a ton of speed, but a very weak and sizeable hull, meaning that a person has to learn how, while the tank is moving quickly, to only expose the turret. That's challenging at first, but once you master just how far to pull out and how much of your tank to expose, you'll be able to pull off some amazing, sneaky shots with that speed. The other thing that really helped me in the Pilot was to think ahead about how much time I'd need to get away if things went badly in a situation. If you get used to planning ahead for a moment or two about how to give yourself time and opportunity to escape if need be, you can live a long time in the Pilot! 225 alpha damage needs time in order to deal lots of damage, so the longer you live, the more damage you can deal and the more fun antics you can pull off with the Pilot. I hope you start to find the Pilot more fun over time! :)

--------------------------------

Sometimes the littlest, key differences have ruined the fun for me, even if a tank is 90% like another tank I liked. When or if it's really important to you that you like whatever tank you're buying, try to make sure you like exactly what you're buying, and not just that it's similar to another tank you like. That's something I had to learn the hard way a few times.

Edited by Markus_The0, 24 January 2023 - 12:08 AM.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users