Question for tankers pre-2017

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Chickenwingzilla #1 Posted 23 January 2023 - 05:54 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58132 battles

How often did you get a nasty message after a game pre blitz suicide update?

How often did you see players throw games pre-suicide update?

I was there when wg implemented gen chat and thus had to close gen chat, lol.

I was there when the forums were alive and there would be flame wars between rival clans, but that was just good old cometitive fun.

Now these companies following the lead of FB and others feel anger is a biz model.  Maybe for social media but I for 1 apend my money for a bit of fun and hope I can do well in a tank.  What wg has done for the hope of money and the unwillingness to right the ship does make me angry, not to win but to see the game burn to the ground and my money is water for them and there won't be any water coming to save wg from the fire.

Actually it may be too late to fix anyway.

You can't bring back +2-2, could you?

You can't bring back preferred MM, could you?

Why were those things taken away again?  Really?

Back to my original questions I think I could count on 1 hand the amt of hate mssgs I got in my 1st 3 yrs of blitz and I was bad.  Now I invite them.

I NEVER saw anyone throw a game unless it was a known clan rival on same team and that was about as likely as seeing a honest politician.

RonaldusMaximus_ #2 Posted 23 January 2023 - 12:18 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 24494 battles
  • [III-C]

Poor sportsmanship and angry players have been around as long as humanity has played games. This existed on the original Starcraft when I was on Battle.net. Your memory cherry picks the gud ol'days.

But I agree the number of great players has dwindled and left us with a playerbase that makes me look competent. I blame 5.5.

I am still processing the fact that

it was safer to secede in Soviet Georgia

than in the American one.

boris55555 #3 Posted 23 January 2023 - 02:49 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 40748 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 23 January 2023 - 07:18 AM, said:

Poor sportsmanship and angry players have been around as long as humanity has played games. This existed on the original Starcraft when I was on Battle.net. Your memory cherry picks the gud ol'days.

But I agree the number of great players has dwindled and left us with a playerbase that makes me look competent. I blame 5.5.

man…ain’t that the truth. And it’s worse..I’m less competent than you and I look like a grizzled vet out there. 

TIME TO BRING THE FORUM LINK BACK INTO THE GAME

If WG would permanently take away all of my temporary avatars, I would consider that a gift.” BAR_001

_BobaFett #4 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:16 PM

Math is just manipulating everything by one.

• Players
  • 18959 battles
  • [BOBA_]
I wasn't there in 2017 but I've heard from WoT players that have played since 2011 and they've told me that the "noob team! noobs!1!!1!" kind of messages have literally existed since the beginning. It's just a product of team-based games that don't have respawn mechanics.

Bad players blame MM.

Good players blame bad players.

Great players blame themselves.

Jaq___ #5 Posted 23 January 2023 - 08:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33188 battles
The in game chat was much less toxic from '14-'17 and had more of a close feel to it in the forums as well. Much more rage in last several years....or wait, maybe I just went from the fun learning curve to being frustrated with other players lol

YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

SuperUnicum by Star1 and WN8     

UberNoob in reality

krietenstein34 #6 Posted 23 January 2023 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37672 battles
  • [HAHA]
I went being an Ok player to really sucking monkey Ballz last couple years.   I hardly ever get messaged, past or present.  I just tell them I only have one eye.   I actually have two, but I generally have to close one not to see double 
:girl:

Markus_The0 #7 Posted 23 January 2023 - 11:02 PM

Strategy and Kindness

• Players
  • 36258 battles
  • [HOOD]

I joined in Feb 2017, pre update 5-5. Chat was always less than lovely as far back as I can remember. I feel like players were better equipped to compete overall when they spent more time with fun tanks in lower tiers. Now people arrive in higher tiers with less experience under their belts, which makes the game experience less rewarding for them, their team mates, and their opponents.

The very best thing WG could do for Blitz is to make the low tiers more fun so that they are worth spending more time in. There are 96 mostly un-played tanks between tiers I through IV. That's 15-20% of the tanks in the game that could re-introduced for the whole player base to have fun with and learn on.

It's not the RNG, the MM, the diameter of your shell, the thickness of your armor, or the number of premium rounds you carry that counts ultimately; it's the courage in your heart, the calmness in your mind, the hope and faith you have in your team, and the way you use what's at your disposal that truly determines Victory.

krietenstein34 #8 Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37672 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostMarkus_The0, on 23 January 2023 - 06:02 PM, said:

I joined in Feb 2017, pre update 5-5. Chat was always less than lovely as far back as I can remember. I feel like players were better equipped to compete overall when they spent more time with fun tanks in lower tiers. Now people arrive in higher tiers with less experience under their belts, which makes the game experience less rewarding for them, their team mates, and their opponents.

The very best thing WG could do for Blitz is to make the low tiers more fun so that they are worth spending more time in. There are 96 mostly un-played tanks between tiers I through IV. That's 15-20% of the tanks in the game that could re-introduced for the whole player base to have fun with and learn on.

Reported to Maxi Ron for over trolling my truth. 

Edit... not  mine.  The0 is spot on. 

Edited by krietenstein34, 24 January 2023 - 12:34 AM.

:girl:

RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:55 AM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 24494 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postkrietenstein34, on 23 January 2023 - 07:28 PM, said:

Reported to Maxi Ron for over trolling my truth. 

Edit... not  mine.  The0 is spot on. 

The0 just blew it out of the mud!

I am still processing the fact that

it was safer to secede in Soviet Georgia

than in the American one.

rosgrim #10 Posted 24 January 2023 - 04:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 125296 battles
  • [COD]
5.5..... and then there was the beginning of the end.....

KING_SNAK3 #11 Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11209 battles
  • [_SP_]

The ingame chat was very fun back then... people always saluting other clans, good natured joking and teasing. There was people who got ticked and after game raged messaged people but it was very rare. People never threw games back then (unless it was a noob who didnt know what to do).

I wish wg took most prems out of the game and added more tec tree tanks. or at least have to own 2 tier tens tec tree to buy prem tanks. 

WGProgrammersDAF #12 Posted 24 January 2023 - 05:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14403 battles
  • [USVET]
There used to be rewards beyond a competent tank that came with grinding a line.  Now players avg 600 dmg a game in tier 8 to 10 because gold.  Revenue seeking has really hurt the player base and fun level of this game.  It was never really a good game just the best in its genre.  Anytime avatars are getting 10x the reach dollar that fair play is getting it’s going to cause issues.  But Wargaming struggles with that mindset anyway.

_Crusader6_ #13 Posted Yesterday, 07:34 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 92290 battles
  • [III]

View PostWGProgrammersDAF, on 24 January 2023 - 12:14 AM, said:

There used to be rewards beyond a competent tank that came with grinding a line.  Now players avg 600 dmg a game in tier 8 to 10 because gold.  Revenue seeking has really hurt the player base and fun level of this game.  It was never really a good game just the best in its genre.  Anytime avatars are getting 10x the reach dollar that fair play is getting it’s going to cause issues.  But Wargaming struggles with that mindset anyway.

In 2014 there were players in tier X who averaged 600dmg. 
 Not many but they existed. 

The mind boggling heavy buffs to no end that started in 2.7 simply got worse and worse. 

So many players have failed their way to X with just hitting battle / adding the ability to buy tier X tanks hasn’t done anything to the player base as it was already awful.  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 530 tanks in Garage:  539/547 Played Tanks Aced

448 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_GraceToo #14 Posted Today, 10:57 PM

She Said I'm Tragically Hip

• Players
  • 67889 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostJaq___, on 23 January 2023 - 12:35 PM, said:

The in game chat was much less toxic from '14-'17 and had more of a close feel to it in the forums as well. Much more rage in last several years....or wait, maybe I just went from the fun learning curve to being frustrated with other players lol

I love you man but no way.  There was global chat back then and it was a toxic stew 24 x 7.  We used to have friendly fire damage and they had to take it out because people would start shooting at greens that wouldn’t “follow my orders.”  And on and on.  It’s always been toxic, but the toxicity has moved around as they changed the game. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users