The Good and the Not so Good

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SkiFletch #1 Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29356 battles
  • [SRT]

First off, a gigantic thank you for fixing crash bugs and general improvement on my older iPad Mini.  I used to crash 3x daily and now, haven't crashed yet since update.  Furthermore, my framerate is significantly improved in all low to moderate activity scenarios.  It's still a bit rough when 14 tanks are in one spot, but that's somewhat understandable with my old pad.

The not quite so good though is the patch notes.  The lack of detail along with out right omissions of various changes does not build trust or confidence with the player base.  Patch notes have to be the easiest part of software development.  We as players are not asking for you to chase down millions of lines of code to give us a new more-better friends list.  We're not asking you to balance all the tanks now so we can have them all.  We just want to know in plain English what things were changed and what were not.  When we see tier 4 tanks once again matched with tier 6, that's a pretty significant change.  Not in the patch notes anywhere.  And when we see aim times for various weapons changed, that again is not a minor tweak.  It doesn't take much to say, "reduced aim time from IS-8 gun from 3.6sec to 2.9 sec."  Nor does it take much effort to type "Allow Covenanter to now match with tier VI tanks."  Accurate notes of changes should be the most basic part of any game update, yet it's constantly either overlooked, or out right ignored.  And if these changes we are easily identifying as a player base were NOT intended, just say, "whoops, we botched this up, will fix it with the next patch."  I'm sure Crow doesn't taste good, but every now and again we have to eat it.

Static2k #2 Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28943 battles
  • [SRT-]
+100

OBTanker #3 Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19056 battles
  • [III-S]
Yes!

Community Pledge signer

M60A3 and M1IP Tanker (that's how ancient I am, lol)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users