Anyone know what happened to her?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

paulmeadowlark #81 Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24246 battles

View PostLkASr, on 25 January 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

k, you too ;), but I'm too girly to get plenty of testosterones...

HAHA!  You're hilarious. I'm glad she is safe.

Win rate: lower than yours. Clan: I can't remember.  avg damage: who cares , Tier X's: HuntingpanzerE100, Patron48proof, FVagpanzer4202,TangoVI-II, ChryslerE5.

Win rate in life: Better everyday

Death__Valley #82 Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21922 battles
  • [FOGS2]

Good to see you are safe, Vinyl. Get the help you need, and stay strong. I'm a disabled vet (in two years 9 hospitalizations / 5 surgeries in just over two years; I'll never be fully employable again), I know how frustrating things can be, but if you ever need an ear, PM me.

@TheKnave (and anyone else thinking it is only acting out), despite what you have SEEN, it doesn't make you an expert. In 20 years of military training, suicide awareness was an annual training requirement, and it was actually mandated by commanders to go several times a year. I probably had it 50-60 times, and even that didn't make me an expert. But I know this, people often cry out for help in subtil ways, looking for anyone who might actually care. This might have been the first oportunity to intervene, and depending on how desperate someone is, sometimes that timeframe can be awfully short. 

All, if you EVER have concerns about someone EVEN THINKING about suicide, please take the time to empathize, listen carefully and let them know you are concerned, find a way to get them help (often this is initially met with resistance, but you'll be thanked later), and most importantly DO NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE! If all you have is online contact, then keep the PM/chat conversation going and make a side phone call if needed.  Suicide is serious; even the faintest cries might be acts of desperation.  NEVER LET YOUR CYNICISM CAUSE YOU TO REFUSE TO TAKE ACTION!  The truth is, you should never think of this as crying wolf.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline  

1-800-273-8255

Text to 838255

www.suicide.org

Edited to add the contact info, the last two lines of emphasis and to apologize to GunShyCC for misattributing the Knave's sentiments to him.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

that_f_in_guy #83 Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9029 battles

View Postvinylbeats, on 27 January 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

Anyone thinking of doing anything stupid please please don't do it. I'm only okay because I got lucky, so if you feel like your having issues please contact someone.

Everyone is just happy you're ok. 

M48 Patton   T110E5   E 50 M

M46 • Conqueror • M26 • IS-6 • T29 • Panther/M10 • Comet • Fury • Hellcat 

Researched But Not Purchased: T-62 • FV4202 • T28

Community Pledge Contributor 

thunderthies #84 Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 17995 battles

This is a beautiful display of what this community is capable of. It warms my heart to see so many expressing their well-wishes to Vinyl. 

Glad to hear you're okay, chica and nice to see you posting again. Know our thoughts are with you. 

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users