There is still an aiming issue on Winter Malinovka

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

zcostilla #1 Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14321 battles
  • [III-C]

Every time there is a new release, it seems as if the Devs are so eager to push out new tanks that they don't fix the bugs. What gives? I just wish someone from WG at least ackmpnow,edge the issues.

One big issue is that Winter Malinovka still has issues affecting playability.  Most the time, the zoms don't work, even if you can clearly see the tank.  How can someone face a T28/T95/T110E3 or E5 from 100 meters if I can't zoom in on the cupola? It gives an unfair competitive edge.

Zac.

-COMMUNITY PLEDGE SIGNER-

Casual gamer and father of three FIVE other WoT Blitz players who can probably kick my butt in most battles. 

Click this thread to see how I raised my win rate 10 percent: 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/14679-how-i-raised-my-win-rate-over-10-points/#entry217767

bilbo11111 #2 Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [PROWL]

yeah. I've been having the same issues too. Wish they'd fix it

rolleiflex #3 Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22725 battles
  • [SKILL]
Same problem here as well.  One thing I have tried and it sometimes works is to toggle the zoom control rapidly  to zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out, zoom in.  This sometimes gives me the proper zoom I need.

US: T110E5    RU: T-62A, IS-7, IS-4, OBJ 268, OBJ 140    DE: E-100, E-50M   UK: FV215b, FV4202   JP: STB-1

Nutellanism #4 Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13692 battles
  • [EUNJI]
The aiming glitch only happens at the windmill. If it doesn't zoom in, zoom out of sniper mode and zoom back in. It'll stay zoomed in for about 3-4 seconds before it zooms out again.

EthereaI #5 Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37895 battles
  • [PHOBO]

View Postrolleiflex, on 29 January 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Same problem here as well.  One thing I have tried and it sometimes works is to toggle the zoom control rapidly  to zoom in, zoom out, zoom in, zoom out, zoom in.  This sometimes gives me the proper zoom I need.

BOOM, I shot you and am half reloaded while your still DJing your zoom

Blesd12 #6 Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

Bulldog Alpha

• Players
  • 10961 battles
  • [RAIDR]
I have had my screen flip and zoom in and out really fast before in sniper mode. Weird glitches

Bulldog is Here!!! 

"Bulldog will always win! Unless a frickin russian shows up. Dang russian 152 mm.

Ic3Shard_ #7 Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5336 battles
for me i dont even see the red/weakspots plus i cant even zoom in.

In Garage: Panther/m10, panther, Jagdtiger, Tiger II, T34, Super Pershing, and much more

Spinee #8 Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 257 battles
If you know where the weak spots are of each tank, then the no highlight shouldn't be a problem, in fact, I'm happy it's there. The problem is the zoom though, that is really what makes it annoying. You can still work around it, but it's extremely difficult when you are aiming at a weak spot of a T95 or the cupola of a T32/T34.
The EU lurker (I play on EU if that's not any more obvious). Click here to see my stats
Proud British (Excuses for) tanks hater

Waiting to come: AMX 50 100, AMX 50B, WZ-111 1-4, 121

Click here to go to my YouTube channel

Click here to send me a donation via PayPal. All donations are appreciated 

Click here to go to my Twitter page and give me a follow

Alo8ight #9 Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
We're aware of the Malinovka bug(s) and hope to include these fixes in our list of future updates.

HisMaj #10 Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6851 battles
Yes, just shoot and you will hit most of the time. It may or may not be highlighted.

I'm back! 

You still remember me right? 

No?

:(

zcostilla #11 Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14321 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAlo8ight, on 29 January 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

We're aware of the Malinovka bug(s) and hope to include these fixes in our list of future updates.

@Alo8ight, Please don't take my cynicism as any direct insult or disrespect to you, but we've seen how slow Wargaming is on fixing bugs, and I'm not impressed to say the least. I'm glad that you and the other mods are somewhat active in the boards, and are working to improve communication with the community, but this bug has been out since the map was introduced. The pattern is that some new map or tank line will get introduced and bugs will be fixed in the spare time unless some angry mob springs up (like the team killing issue).  I mean the family sharing bug has been out since IOS 8 came out in September, with no progress. Again, thanks for the reply and input, and for addressing the issue.  My complaint is with the developers, not the moderators.

Casual gamer and father of three FIVE other WoT Blitz players who can probably kick my butt in most battles. 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/14679-how-i-raised-my-win-rate-over-10-points/#entry217767

Alo8ight #12 Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles

View Postzcostilla, on 29 January 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

@Alo8ight, Please don't take my cynicism as any direct insult or disrespect to you, but we've seen how slow Wargaming is on fixing bugs, and I'm not impressed to say the least. I'm glad that you and the other mods are somewhat active in the boards, and are working to improve communication with the community, but this bug has been out since the map was introduced. The pattern is that some new map or tank line will get introduced and bugs will be fixed in the spare time unless some angry mob springs up (like the team killing issue).  I mean the family sharing bug has been out since IOS 8 came out in September, with no progress. Again, thanks for the reply and input, and for addressing the issue.  My complaint is with the developers, not the moderators.

Understood. And thank you for providing your feedback. We will continue to work closely with the Dev team and communicate as much information as possible.

PhiliPTran #13 Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15031 battles
  • [-M--]

View PostAlo8ight, on 29 January 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Understood. And thank you for providing your feedback. We will continue to work closely with the Dev team and communicate as much information as possible.

Ahhh! Those kind of replys! Not good!

What? You jealous?

Raven_Cry #14 Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6454 battles

If it was just a matter of not zooming in, not seeing pen zones and not getting the red highlight, it wouldn't be so bad. Most of the time the red is close enough that I can still aim for cupolas, though it takes longer. The real issue for me is that since the highlighting system is broken, I don't know if my round will actually reach the red tank. I can't count the times I've aimed at a cupola etc. that was just sticking over the rise, fired, and had the shell hit the ground. Like when you're aiming far away on Oasis Palms and you can see a tank through a sand dune cause of render distance. In that situation you check to see if they're highlighted. Only on Malinovka they're right in front of you. So, I have to drag my rear all the way into the open, in full view of everyone waiting around the corner, just to get my reticule far enough away from the ground to actually hit anything. Not good. The essence of peek a booming is sneaking in ninja shots while dodging/bouncing return fire, and that's impossible when you're working under such handicaps.

So, I conclude I must wait for them to push the corner, since I can't push it myself. (This is especially true when there's a BL 10 waiting for you around the corner, which there often is.) Only my eager teammates won't have any of this sitting back business. I try to support them, but they over expose themselves, die, leaving me facing the red horde. Somehow the camping E100 back at base never lays down any effective fire on them, even though he has a good plain view of them pounding me. He is of course next. He then dies unmourned.

Augustus_Sohn #15 Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13233 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostRaven_Cry, on 29 January 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

If it was just a matter of not zooming in, not seeing pen zones and not getting the red highlight, it wouldn't be so bad. Most of the time the red is close enough that I can still aim for cupolas, though it takes longer. The real issue for me is that since the highlighting system is broken, I don't know if my round will actually reach the red tank. I can't count the times I've aimed at a cupola etc. that was just sticking over the rise, fired, and had the shell hit the ground. Like when you're aiming far away on Oasis Palms and you can see a tank through a sand dune cause of render distance. In that situation you check to see if they're highlighted. Only on Malinovka they're right in front of you. So, I have to drag my rear all the way into the open, in full view of everyone waiting around the corner, just to get my reticule far enough away from the ground to actually hit anything. Not good. The essence of peek a booming is sneaking in ninja shots while dodging/bouncing return fire, and that's impossible when you're working under such handicaps.

So, I conclude I must wait for them to push the corner, since I can't push it myself. (This is especially true when there's a BL 10 waiting for you around the corner, which there often is.) Only my eager teammates won't have any of this sitting back business. I try to support them, but they over expose themselves, die, leaving me facing the red horde. Somehow the camping E100 back at base never lays down any effective fire on them, even though he has a good plain view of them pounding me. He is of course next. He then dies unmourned.

... I quoteth the Raven. 

Str8UpJack #16 Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15121 battles
  • [III-P]

While the glitch is annoying it doesn't effect your ability to hit the enemy.. You just have to know if the enemy is exposed enough that you would normally be able to hit them.  If you pull up the chat icons you will see the attack button has changed to the targeting... icon if you are able to hit them.. or, you should just be able to tell if you have been playing the game long enough.   TURN OFF GRASS IN SNIPER MODE...  I'm not sure if there is even any grass up around the wind mill that gets in your way but why anyone keeps that feature on puzzles me.  But because of this glitch you definitely want that turned off. 

I appreciate the mods here and thanks for responding, Alo.  The DEVS should grow a set and come onto these forums once every few months and address their paying customers instead of hiding behind the mods and basically doing what they want.  Now, I don't want that comment taken the wrong way but in listening to players that have experience with WoT PC, the general consensus is that the devs do exactly what they want and have an arrogant attitude when the community of players want something different. 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

zcostilla #17 Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14321 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostStr8UpJack, on 30 January 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

I appreciate the mods here and thanks for responding, Alo.  The DEVS should grow a set and come onto these forums once every few months and address their paying customers instead of hiding behind the mods and basically doing what they want.  Now, I don't want that comment taken the wrong way but in listening to players that have experience with WoT PC, the general consensus is that the devs do exactly what they want and have an arrogant attitude when the community of players want something different. 

Well said Str8!  That is exactly how I feel about it.

_TheMessiah #18 Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22825 battles
  • [BNCR]

I like it because it doesn't show your weaknesses reminds me of pc 

zcostilla #19 Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14321 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postmessi10002014, on 30 January 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

I like it because it doesn't show your weaknesses reminds me of pc 

Either make it all one way or the other. As it is now, it's a bug and very annoying. But that isn't the issue, I can't even zoom in half the time.

APaperTiger #20 Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17558 battles
I'm so glad this thread exists; I thought I was going crazy or my phone somehow didn't have enough RAM for this one map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users