Light tanks on Fort Despair go…where?

Fort Despair Cruiser Crusader

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

APaperTiger #1 Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19117 battles

TL/DR: Where's the right place for my Cruiser III or my Crusader on Fort Despair?

I run my Cruiser III with the 2-pounder and I run my Crusader with the 6-pounder. These are, for their tiers, very accurate long guns with good penetration and modest damage. They take about 3-4 seconds to reload. On both tanks, I have camo nets and binoculars, 100% crews. I like this loadout and I feel I can play it pretty well on most maps. On Fort Despair, I die pointlessly every time. Here's usually how it goes:

1. Announce "I'll scout NW" in the hopes that a TD will nest in the bushes at the outside corner of the fort.
  2. Zoom NW to the first bush after the first ridge (the map is nearly symetrical along a NW->SE axis).
  3. Spot 1 or 2 tanks darting across the field among the tents and the ambulance trucks.
  4. Race back for spawn or fire one shot into a red tank and then race back for spawn.
  5. Die, wounded by the tanks I spotted and blasted by red tanks just arriving at the flag

With my Cruiser IV and my Covenanter, I run the 4-shot Bofors/Pom-Pom guns, and with those tanks I don't scout the field in Fort Despair. I just dash into the Fort, twist and snake through the maze, and murder tanks. Fort Despair was where I got my first and only Ace Tanker badge in my Cruiser IV. But I don't like the auto-loader guns for Cruiser III or Crusader, because those tanks don't have enough armor to survive close-in knife fights.

Thanks for any advice.

SoulEater450 #2 Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18945 battles
  • [MFW]
The open field by the cap

jtemple507 #3 Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8582 battles
Try the strategy you were using with your Covenanter and Cruiser IV. The Crusader and Cruiser III are very similar to these tanks, even without autoloaders, so the same strategy is viable.

Grinding Modules (order of research plan): ST-I (engine)SU-100 (guns, tracks, SU-100M1)

Grinding XP For Next Tier: T32 (108.8k of 169k)Centurion I (123.4k of 165k)VK2801 (24.5k of 50.8k)

Premiums/Keeper Tanks: IS-6, Panzer IV Anko SPType 59

Grinding credits for: IS-8T-54E75T28 Proto

cheasesteak #4 Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 22912 battles
  • [COD-R]

First thing with the Cruiser III is to get the pom-pom.  That gun is what makes this tank.

On where to go, I typically try to flank through the ruins.  If someone else is going the same way, I try to more or less stay with them.  If I run into the enemy at the corner, and am heavily outnumbered, I retreat and try somewhere else, otherwise I will kill what I find, and then move through red spawn and then behind any enemy at cap.

Kiser_Sosei #5 Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:03 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 35814 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postjtemple507, on 10 February 2015 - 08:14 AM, said:

Try the strategy you were using with your Covenanter and Cruiser IV. The Crusader and Cruiser III are very similar to these tanks, even without autoloaders, so the same strategy is viable.

I would agree with this. I also think that the use of camo and better vision are not the best strategy for these tanks. I run vents, laying drive and repair modules. I have a 67% WR with my Crusier 3 and a 69% WR with my Cruiser 4. They are light and fast. So keep moving. Unless you are in a platoon I would not could on a teir 3 match to have anyone else looking out for your back or strategy.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

Also tagged with Fort Despair, Cruiser, Crusader

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users