Jump to content


Concep Q&A Thread

Q&A Help Guide Guides Question answer concep

  • Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

APaperTiger #41 Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:50 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17760 battles
  • 799
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015
As someone who usually drives medium and heavy tanks, what do you ask/expect of the light tanks on your team? What is the best way they can help the bigger tanks—scouting, resetting cap, flanking, something else? Thanks for this Q&A thread, Concep.

ThemasterTanker1 #42 Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:04 AM

    No, this is Patrick

  • Players
  • 18304 battles
  • 5,012
  • [CRATE]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
Inquiring minds want to know, on PC, do you statpad in lights and meds? I assume you do.

Swanky


concep #43 Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:42 AM

    Stop Tunneling Me

  • Players
  • 34390 battles
  • 5,212
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View PostThemasterTanker1, on 19 February 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

Inquiring minds want to know, on PC, do you statpad in lights and meds? I assume you do.

 

>Two Tier X heavies and one Tier X TD

 

View PostAPaperTiger, on 19 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

As someone who usually drives medium and heavy tanks, what do you ask/expect of the light tanks on your team? What is the best way they can help the bigger tanks—scouting, resetting cap, flanking, something else? Thanks for this Q&A thread, Concep.

 

Well considering the only light I could possibly see in the Tiers I play is a Crusader, I'm not sure how to answer that. I only play Tier 7-10 because I find anything below plain boring.

 

View PostiWo1f, on 19 February 2015 - 03:58 PM, said:

Concep, Black Goldville? Can you give tips on how to play this map? It always seems random as to what happens. I usually go caves but I just wanted to know how you play the map. Thanks!

 

Well in a med, I go middle and sit hull down behind the small bump that looks up at the caves (Still on the same level as the water tower). Great flanking shots from there. In a heavy, it all depends on what's on the other team. I may go to the same spot or I may go caves, but only when I'm coming from the left side, not the right. I never go completely up the hill on the right side.

 

View PostCaptain_Dread, on 19 February 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

1. If you could control each team in an equally weighted battle on the map "Castilla", what would be your strategy starting from the top and bottom of the map?  I do not want details, just on average, where you like to go, ie town, middle buttress, field.

 

2. Any tips on the American T20 (game play, ammo, equip, consumables)?  About to start on this tank.

 

Thanks for your help, and happy tanking!

 

A majority of tanks should go to the hill over looking town, especially if I start on the south side.

 

IIRC, I ran the T20 like any American medium. I take no hits and I don't push alone. As far ammo, I loaded half AP and half APCR. I can't remember exactly what my equipment was but I think it was Rammer, Vents and GLD (But I'd go with coated optics or Toolbox). Consumables would be Multi-use, Adrenaline, and a repair kit.

 

View PostKamikazeeDolphin, on 19 February 2015 - 04:43 PM, said:

Which map do you feel is the hardest for a heavy?

 

Black Goldville by far. It's a pure medium map with multiple different line of sights, flanking positions, and areas that only meds can get to in time to lock them down.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

                                                                                         Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!


iWo1f #44 Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19067 battles
  • 1,399
  • [RDDT]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Postconcep, on 19 February 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Well in a med, I go middle and sit hull down behind the small bump that looks up at the caves (Still on the same level as the water tower). Great flanking shots from there. In a heavy, it all depends on what's on the other team. I may go to the same spot or I may go caves, but only when I'm coming from the left side, not the right. I never go completely up the hill on the right side.

 

Thank you. I was always just doing guesswork as to where to go and trying to make it work :honoring:


Go Big or Go Home.


HisMaj #45 Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:11 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6851 battles
  • 2,001
  • Member since:
    07-17-2014
Should I focus on DPB and Damage Ratio or Winrate? I can only have one or the other right now to concentrate on to improve greatly.

I'm back! 

You still remember me right? 

No?

:(


Anachro12 #46 Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:42 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9872 battles
  • 463
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2013
If your whole team decides to go potato and choose a crazy route (like TDs and heavies flanking on Malinkova) do you go with the flow or strike out on your own? What is the best thing to do when a team runs the lemming train?

 


concep #47 Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

    Stop Tunneling Me

  • Players
  • 34390 battles
  • 5,212
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011
Bumpbumpbump

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

                                                                                         Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!


EthereaI #48 Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 43596 battles
  • 1,648
  • [PHOBO]
  • Member since:
    10-05-2014
Can you do a T20 video?.  I have learned allot from your other medium videos, but would like to see how you carry in one.

 

 


 

 


concep #49 Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

    Stop Tunneling Me

  • Players
  • 34390 battles
  • 5,212
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View PostParrottCanada, on 24 February 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

Can you do a T20 video?.  I have learned allot from your other medium videos, but would like to see how you carry in one.

 

Once I finish my E4 line grind, I might. No promises.

 

And a heads up for the E4 line guides, I will be playing the whole line before posting a video. I don't want to rush guides when I don't have a feel for the tank.


Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

                                                                                         Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!


SkiFletch #50 Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30259 battles
  • 5,911
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014

How do you equip your E50M given the incredible gun stats to start with?

Follow up: Is this different than the way you equip other mediums?  If so, how do you typically equip them and why?

 

I know you want clan wars more than anything, but given the choice, which would you prefer more: Training Rooms or Friends List Sorting?



concep #51 Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

    Stop Tunneling Me

  • Players
  • 34390 battles
  • 5,212
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View PostSkiFletch, on 25 February 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

How do you equip your E50M given the incredible gun stats to start with?

Follow up: Is this different than the way you equip other mediums?  If so, how do you typically equip them and why?

 

I know you want clan wars more than anything, but given the choice, which would you prefer more: Training Rooms or Friends List Sorting?

 

Sorry for the late reply. I missed this notification.

 

I use something different than what my guide says. I actually swapped out vents for a vert stab. So I have Rammer, Vert Stab, and Coated Optics. That is the standard equipment loadout for ALL my Tier X meds.

 

I would rather have Training Rooms. My friends list will be long whether it is sorted or not.


Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

                                                                                         Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!


_Tenshi #52 Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18107 battles
  • 1,760
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Sometime in the future, are you going to revise the map tactic thread you created along with Ats? I could use some help with some, especially the newer maps like Castilla and Winter Malinovka. Also, I could use some tips on Mines when driving a fast medium such as T-62A; but only when enemy team has more top tier mediums is when I start to struggle. Did you still do the same by rushing uphill despite the fact that enemy team has number advantage in top tier mediums, or somehow intercept them?

- Stats? Don't be lazy and take a look see here! -


CrimsonMG #53 Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10683 battles
  • 2,585
  • [FLOOP]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

1. Does HESH make fv4202 better at 1v1-ing other meds because of the alpha advantage? 

 

 



KamikazeeDolphin #54 Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2895 battles
  • 2,037
  • Member since:
    09-18-2014
I need a thread jeep to get over these bumps.

Fire in the Blowhole!Propaganda Design and Graphics Dolphin

Johnny Depputy Commander

of Auxilia. Long live Imperium!   "Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!"

 


AXMarks #55 Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5003 battles
  • 2,192
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

-Are you a supporter of the "Remove Red-Grey Armor View" movement? Why?

 


   
  AXM Entertainment
 KV-2 is my JAM!
      Completed: Jagdpanzer E-100     
"Enjoy the grind... meh, free exp"
 
 
 

concep #56 Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:14 AM

    Stop Tunneling Me

  • Players
  • 34390 battles
  • 5,212
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View Postchowpow531, on 27 February 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

Sometime in the future, are you going to revise the map tactic thread you created along with Ats? I could use some help with some, especially the newer maps like Castilla and Winter Malinovka. Also, I could use some tips on Mines when driving a fast medium such as T-62A; but only when enemy team has more top tier mediums is when I start to struggle. Did you still do the same by rushing uphill despite the fact that enemy team has number advantage in top tier mediums, or somehow intercept them?

 

I and Ats will probably do that together at some point.

 

As for Mines, I only don't go hill when I'm the lone medium and the enemy team has more than one top tier meds. If I'm in an E50M, I could easily take on a T-62 that's with a Tier 8 and/or 9 med(s). I usually engage the lead vehicle and if I do enough damage or get on the hill before they do, I usually can get the followers to back off, especially if I'm in an E50M. The T-62 is different since it's not really good for taking on multiple enemies at once in close quarters because of the lack of hull armor but I still go hill if I'm on the north side, that is. The North side has a way better chance to beat the enemy team up the hill. If I spawned on the South side, I can usually get behind a rock at the bottom of the hill and hit them before they go up the hill once or twice.

 

View PostCrimsonMG, on 27 February 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

1. Does HESH make fv4202 better at 1v1-ing other meds because of the alpha advantage? 

 

 

 

Sometimes. I usually don't shoot HESH in a 1v1 unless it's pretty clear I can pen. When I 1v1, I have to make sure I pen so I use APCR.

 

View PostAXMarks, on 28 February 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

-Are you a supporter of the "Remove Red-Grey Armor View" movement? Why?

 

 

No. I like that it helps with angles and penning shots you would have never known you could make without it. It also helps beginners learn without having to look at guides or make a post on the forums about such and such. The hit skins have helped me with PC as well. It told me some weakspots that I never knew about on some tanks. I can't really recall what exact tanks it helped me with but I know that my WN8 on PC is going up quickly because of what I learned from the skins.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

                                                                                         Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!


My_Dixie_Wrecked_ #57 Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26487 battles
  • 1,042
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    08-12-2014

Hey concep, my question is which tier 10 would you most like to see in blitz & why? & my second question is, are you a fan of the walker bulldog?

Bat chat

Amx 50

stb 1

T57

Object 140

Object 430

Object 263

Waffentrager 

121

113



 
 

concep #58 Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

    Stop Tunneling Me

  • Players
  • 34390 battles
  • 5,212
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View Postvendetta89_1, on 01 March 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

Hey concep, my question is which tier 10 would you most like to see in blitz & why? & my second question is, are you a fan of the walker bulldog?

Bat chat

Amx 50

stb 1

T57

Object 140

Object 430

Object 263

Waffentrager 

121

113

 

Probably the 121. I don't want the Batchat because it brings autoloaders, which I think will either be super underpowered or super overpowered. The Obj. 140 would be my second pick but the turret roof is too easy to overmatch. So I have to go with the 121 because it's an excellent brawling tank.

 

As for the Walker Bulldog: No. I'm not a fan of it. The gun handling is much worse than the T37, which I had a blast in but the M41 was a let down because I get matched against Tier Xs with ~210 HEAT pen with poor alpha. No thank you.


Edited by concep, 01 March 2015 - 08:54 PM.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

                                                                                         Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!


Meows_really_heckin #59 Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3375 battles
  • 1,646
  • Member since:
    05-27-2013

View PostThemasterTanker1, on 19 February 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

Inquiring minds want to know, on PC, do you statpad in lights and meds? I assume you do.

 

YOU CALLED?

Also

Concep pls the 

M41 Waifu Bulldog is perfectly balanced

YDCACUf.gif

 


My_Dixie_Wrecked_ #60 Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26487 battles
  • 1,042
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    08-12-2014

View Postconcep, on 01 March 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

 

Probably the 121. I don't want the Batchat because it brings autoloaders, which I think will either be super underpowered or super overpowered. The Obj. 140 would be my second pick but the turret roof is too easy to overmatch. So I have to go with the 121 because it's an excellent brawling tank.

 

As for the Walker Bulldog: No. I'm not a fan of it. The gun handling is much worse than the T37, which I had a blast in but the M41 was a let down because I get matched against Tier Xs with ~210 HEAT pen with poor alpha. No thank you.

 

I thought you would of said the stb1 (don't know if you've played it) it's awesome, I agreed with you on the auto loaders but tanks like the bat chat & t57 would be fun in blitz if they got them right

 

Im shocked everyone seems to love the bulldog 



 
 





Also tagged with Q&A, Help, Guide, Guides, Question, answer, concep

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users