Tank Boom! A World of Tanks Blitz Podcast is live!

podcast blitz show audio

• Please log in to reply
1356 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you listen to a Blitz podcast? (422 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you listen to podcasts?

1. Yes (288 votes [67.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.92%

2. No (136 votes [32.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.08%

Are you interested in a WoT Blitz podcast?

1. Yeah! (366 votes [86.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.52%

2. Nah.... (57 votes [13.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.48%

Vote Hide poll

_Ax_ #21 Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25450 battles

Same as Nuke;  I've never tried listening to podcasts but I'd like to give this a shot.  Sounds pretty cool and the topic possibilities are endless.

rolleiflex #22 Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19640 battles
  • [SKILL]

Just listened to it.  Great podcast!

And I know the pain of chatting "all to hilltop now" and then being the first to the hilltop on mines .... only to discover that no one supported and then watching the slow and painful loss.

US: T110E5    RU: T-62A, IS-7, IS-4, OBJ 268, OBJ 140    DE: E-100, E-50M   UK: FV215b, FV4202   JP: STB-1

AStateOfTrance #23 Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8968 battles
  • [SVTSC]

View PostLephturn, on 19 February 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

Hello tankers!  I have been working on an audio podcast for all of you tank commanders out there and I am pleased to say it is now live on iTunes! https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/tank-boom!/id968618460

You can check it out on the web here: http://tankboom.libsyn.com/

I know there are some of you out there that might like a weekly WoTBlitz podcast to listen to on your commute - I wanted one and there wasn't anything out there - so I created it! My third episode should be available shortly - new episodes weekly. For you Android tankers I will update when it goes live on Stitcher. Are there any other podcast directories or services you use where I should post it?

I could really use your support - please take a moment to subscribe and leave me a review. I also welcome your feedback! Let me know what you want from the podcast either here, by PM, or email Lephturn @ tankboom.com with your ideas. I'm new at this, but I'll get better as I go.

Give Tank Boom! a listen and happy tanking.

Hey mate! Awesome idea, how did you get it on Apple Podcast?

• Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Tommy Johnson, Daniel Kandi, Omnia, Cosmic Gate, John O' Callaghan, Shogun, Super8/TAB, Sean Tyas, Beat Service
  • I live the songwriter's life
  • RIP BORIS NEMTSOV (1959-2015)

Lephturn #24 Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostAStateOfTrance, on 20 February 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

Hey mate! Awesome idea, how did you get it on Apple Podcast?

That my friend took me several weeks to get to! Submitting to Apple is the easy part - you do it right from iTunes. The hard part is getting it recorded, produced, get artwork that meets iTunes' requirements, get a media host, get THAT set up properly, generate your RSS feed, and submit that to iTunes (and Stitcher). :)  You have to have set everything up properly so that the feed is valid and then Apple takes a couple of days and reviews it and your first couple of episodes before it goes live.

If you want to see how it's done - search iTunes for Free Podcast Course and he'll walk you through it.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

AStateOfTrance #25 Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8968 battles
  • [SVTSC]

View PostLephturn, on 20 February 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

That my friend took me several weeks to get to! Submitting to Apple is the easy part - you do it right from iTunes. The hard part is getting it recorded, produced, get artwork that meets iTunes' requirements, get a media host, get THAT set up properly, generate your RSS feed, and submit that to iTunes (and Stitcher). :)  You have to have set everything up properly so that the feed is valid and then Apple takes a couple of days and reviews it and your first couple of episodes before it goes live.

If you want to see how it's done - search iTunes for Free Podcast Course and he'll walk you through it.

Yipes. Thanks for the info. :)

• Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Tommy Johnson, Daniel Kandi, Omnia, Cosmic Gate, John O' Callaghan, Shogun, Super8/TAB, Sean Tyas, Beat Service

Str8UpJack #26 Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14535 battles
  • [III-C]
I love all the new endeavors promoting Blitz!  Great job on the first couple of casts.  It would be cool if you could arrange interviews/chats with other forum members if possible.  I know a COD podcast I used to listen to was done in a round table format where a few players would just pick a topic and run with it.  It was always entertaining.  

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Lephturn #27 Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks for the suggestion Str8!

I am planning to do just that - but I just had to grind out the first few solo to get to launch. A few regulars that end up co-hosting would also be good - I'll be testing different formats.

Keep the ideas coming!

And Trance - if you have any questions hit me up, I'll be glad to share what I know and we can guest on each other's shows and cross-promote!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Looney999 #28 Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6709 battles
  • [III-Z]

Rated 5/5, would subscribe again!

:P

-Community Pledge Signer-

The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!

Manwolf100 #29 Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5559 battles
  • [III-Z]
Subscribed Leph and downloading first one now! Cool idea......let us know how we can support you!

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

Lephturn #30 Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks Manwolf, and nice platoon run last night! 

Just a rating and review is the best way to help for now.

I am very grateful for the support shown by all of you in the community.

Lephturn #31 Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

No word back from Stitcher yet guys... sorry. Should be soon. I am also submitting to Sound Cloud if anyone uses that.

What map do you want me to tackle next?

AStateOfTrance #32 Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8968 battles
  • [SVTSC]

View PostLephturn, on 20 February 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion Str8!

I am planning to do just that - but I just had to grind out the first few solo to get to launch. A few regulars that end up co-hosting would also be good - I'll be testing different formats.

Keep the ideas coming!

And Trance - if you have any questions hit me up, I'll be glad to share what I know and we can guest on each other's shows and cross-promote!

I actually will be proposing an idea at our meeting tomorrow (tstm meeting) to guest both you and thunderthies on our debut episode. 

Manwolf100 #33 Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5559 battles
  • [III-Z]

Listened to the one last night on stats. Great job. The site you refer for stats was great too.

how often do you think you will post new shows?

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while

defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

Sun Tzu

Lephturn #34 Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks ManWolf! 

Starting with weekly, but as I get better at it I may be able to do 2 per week. We'll see!

mastrap #35 Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20470 battles
  • [III-Z]
AAA, would listen again

Lephturn #36 Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

I have confirmed that Tank Boom! is live on Stitcher! http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=61525&refid=stpr

The player is free and here: http://www.stitcher.com/download

For those of you who have never listened to a podcast here is how it works... there are literally tens of thousands of free audio programs that you can download or stream for nothing to your phone, or iPod, or tablet, or computer. For many of us podcasts have replaced radio with something far more to our interests and of far more value. Most modern cars and trucks have an Auxilliary line-in somewhere so you can plug your phone or iPod into your car stereo and listen to it that way. The great thing is that you can listen to tons of free audio programs about any topic you can think of with new content available monthy, weekly, and sometimes even daily, and all for free. The beauty of audio podcasts are that you can listen to these audio programs while you are doing other things - driving, walking the dog, working out, cooking, mowing the lawn, whatever. All you need to do is use a podcast app and search for the topic you are interested in, find a show that looks interesting, and subscribe to it. Once you are subscribed new episodes will be downloaded automatically as they are available. For many of us that means you will find a few (ok I subscribe to about 12) shows you like and find value in and subscribe to them - and whenever you are driving or running or whatever relatively mindless activity you do sometimes you will have new shows already downloaded and ready to play. It has been called "Automobile University" as you can learn a ton for free while commuting. This is SO much better than conventional radio in both entertainment and learning. No matter what you are into there will be podcasts about it. There are also video podcasts, but you have to stop and watch those so I prefer the audio versions.

So how do you get started with this podcast thing? With an Apple device search your phone for Podcasts - it is a purple icon that is included by default in iOS8 and available as a free download to all versions of iOS.  If you are new to it, check out Apple's article here: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201859

Android and Apple users can also use the Stitcher app if you prefer - whatever is easier.

putnamJavi #37 Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18945 battles
Thanks Lephty!  Thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 episodes, looking forward to #3.  30 minutes is perfect for my attention span but being the WOTB addict that I am, the 2x weekly would be awesome!

Lephturn #38 Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks putnamJavi!

I am going to do my best to drop two this week.  Episode 3 just released so you'll have it for your morning commute!

Lephturn #39 Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17811 battles
  • [III-S]

Done and done - Episode 3 is up now on Stitcher and iTunes!

I wanted to have something up for you guys during patching.

koop123 #40 Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8236 battles
Simply amazing. Wish I could give you my weeks worth of +1s. I can not imagine how those of you feel who have been here since last year--just how much the community has grown must be mind boggling. I thinks it's amazing to share a passion for this game with so many creative people.

WR~0.23% Damage Ratio~.0009  WN9~ 35.  Avg Tier~1.10

Also tagged with podcast, blitz, show, audio

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users