Tank Boom! A World of Tanks Blitz Podcast is live!

podcast blitz show audio

• Please log in to reply
1397 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you listen to a Blitz podcast? (451 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you listen to podcasts?

1. Yes (304 votes [66.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.96%

2. No (150 votes [33.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.04%

Are you interested in a WoT Blitz podcast?

1. Yeah! (386 votes [85.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.21%

2. Nah.... (67 votes [14.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.79%

Vote Hide poll

pgrass101 #201 Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:43 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [III-Z]

I love the Panther and E50, just don't love my winrate in it.

Great episode and I like the out takes keep them at the end.

Lash_42 #202 Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24029 battles
  • [III-R]

Another great podcast, love the out takes, had a chance yo toon with Lokeen it was a blast... Or should I say "Boom" Keep them coming.

LieutenantDan_1 #203 Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 36437 battles
  • [EQ-TR]
One comment on the KV3 lighting on fire: I have noticed a dramatic increase of incidences of my KV3 catching on fire e since the update--two or three times a game when taking fire. Just saying 

pgrass101 #204 Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 34941 battles
  • [III-Z]
Could you guys revisit "Rockfleid" sometime. That is one of the first maps and it is still fun to play.

SonnetVolta #205 Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14276 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostLephturn, on 29 May 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Thanks SonnefVolta! Lokeen and I have a blast doing them as well. Any particular tank or map you would like us to tackle next? What can we help you with?

Hi! Well, since you asked (and bear in mind I've listened to only 6 maybe 7 episodes), I'd like some map advice on "Plan B." Or "When MM hands you lemons, make lemonade." Meaning: Sometimes I don't get to go to the optimal spot on a map, and I have to figure out how to win without that optimal spot, or at least I have to give a good accounting of myself if it looks as if it'll be a loss. Basically, even on maps where there is a pretty clear "right" answer, even good players don't always get to choose that answer. So once you've covered all the maps in your podcasts, it might be a good idea to circle back and do each map again, with an eye to recovering from bad starts.

I'm currently grinding the British Heavies, which was a mistake for my temperment but here I am. These are slow heavies. Don't forget they are related to the TOG II*, but at least the TOG seems to have good gun depression. My Black Prince and Churchill VII can do maybe 18kph uphill/ 22kph downhill, and they have 2° (maybe!) of gun depression. If a StuG T-bones its gun right into my tracks, I can't shoot it. It's that bad.

• I know my job on Winter Malinovka is to take the Northeast Windmill. But at 18kph uphill, I don't get to decide if my team takes it or not. It is taken or lost by the time I get eyes on target. If the NE Windmill is Red by the time I'm halfway there, what is Plan B?
  • I know my job on Mines is to support the mediums (or an enterprising Crusader light) that have taken the top center hill. But, again, by the time I get anywhere near the hilltop entrance, ownership of that hill has been decided, and my tank wasn't part of that decision. If the hill is Red, how do I make lemonade out of that lemon?
  • On Oasis Palms, I know my job is to go with the 2-3 tanks that head for the mountains/monastery on the SE side, because my terrible gun depression/elevation makes the NW dunes a bad spot for me. But if five tanks head for the dunes and a TD decides to snipe from spawn… do I venture out alone to the monastery? Do I become That Guy who snipes in a heavy tank from spawn? Do I head to the dunes to be a large armored pinata for the red mediums?
  • On any map, regardless of what I'm driving, sometimes I'll spawn at a weird spot for my tank, or I'll spawn in at 6:45 and things have already happened. My favorite spot is taken, or my team has a new/exciting/stupid idea. Or just the red team has a few intelligent players and they've already done the Optimal Move. So when the map hands me lemons, where do I make lemonade?

better sig

Lephturn #206 Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostCaptain_Hamster, on 29 May 2015 - 12:12 PM, said:

Great 'cast this week fellas! You guys have chemistry. Good breakdown of tactics on Desert Sands on this one. 

Thanks! What tank and map do  you guys want to hear about next?

View Postrdwillson, on 29 May 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

Great job keep them coming!!

Will do!

View PostKajic, on 29 May 2015 - 12:20 PM, said:

Tips on Desert Sands and the Panther were great in this last episode.

Thanks - I am loving the Panther - have the Panther II and will equip it up this weekend. I'll go over it sometime down the line as well.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Lephturn #207 Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 29 May 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Another Excellent Pod Cast. I listened twice.

Thanks Kiser_Sosei - guys if you haven't check it out, don't miss Kiser's YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Jh6f3_swn1Emo7PJ04nfA

One of the playlists is he and I platooning and doing commentary. Kiser let's try to do a few tonight!

View Postblindsniper74, on 29 May 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Thanks guys... great stuff.

Thanks blindsniper - we are having a blast doing it. :)

View Postpgrass101, on 29 May 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

I love the Panther and E50, just don't love my winrate in it.

Great episode and I like the out takes keep them at the end.

I am doing pretty well in the Panther - it helps to platoon. We'll see how it goes when I hit the Panther II. I think I'll buy some gold to get 100% crew!

View PostLash_42, on 29 May 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Another great podcast, love the out takes, had a chance yo toon with Lokeen it was a blast... Or should I say "Boom" Keep them coming.

Hehehe, thanks Lash! I'll keep the out takes, seems like you guys get a kick out of them too. :)

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Lephturn #208 Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostLieutenantDan_1, on 29 May 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

One comment on the KV3 lighting on fire: I have noticed a dramatic increase of incidences of my KV3 catching on fire e since the update--two or three times a game when taking fire. Just saying 

Hmm, I'll have to pull mine out tonight and check it out. Thanks for the tip! For extra bonus see if you can get it lit on fire while sitting in the water. :D

_Desslok_ #209 Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23253 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 29 May 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

I listened twice.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this occasionally!

View PostLephturn, on 29 May 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

Thanks! What tank and map do  you guys want to hear about next?

I think Dead Rail is one that hasn't been covered and that I'd enjoy.  Or maybe a revisit of Castilla.

Another topic I would be interested in an equipment breakdown and what equipment combinations you find most helpful for different tanks/tiers.

View PostLephturn, on 29 May 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Thanks Kiser_Sosei - guys if you haven't check it out, don't miss Kiser's YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Jh6f3_swn1Emo7PJ04nfA

One of the playlists is he and I platooning and doing commentary.

I can second this - the playlist with Kiser and Lephturn doing live commentary on their battles is fun to listen to and a nice change from most

videos where the commentary is added post battle.

popisdead #210 Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16115 battles
  • [HPR]

Just listened to the latest.  Not sure if I was less busy at work today (meaning I paid more attention) or it was a better episode but I wanted to point out what a great episode it was.  Also more hockey chatter is good :-D

Massive thumbs up from a fellow Canadien

I love kemping bush

gizmodjango #211 Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14512 battles
  • [-1]

View PostLephturn, on 29 May 2015 - 07:58 AM, 

You will love it! That gun is a laser beam. Going back to it now I think you'll find it's better than you remember. :)  Feel free to friend me in game and we'll platoon two of them.

I still haven't had time to listen -- tomorrow for sure. About platooning: sounds great, and tempting. I just might have to take you up on that. I've always been quite hesitant about platooning (anxiety, weight of expectation, etc). Honestly, I've never platooned except for with this one guy...and he lives in my house, takes out the trash, and calls me Dad. :)

Lephturn #212 Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View Post_Desslok_, on 29 May 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this occasionally!

I think Dead Rail is one that hasn't been covered and that I'd enjoy.  Or maybe a revisit of Castilla.

Another topic I would be interested in an equipment breakdown and what equipment combinations you find most helpful for different tanks/tiers.

I can second this - the playlist with Kiser and Lephturn doing live commentary on their battles is fun to listen to and a nice change from most

videos where the commentary is added post battle.

Dead Rail, check! Good suggestion on equipment. I'll get on that.

Lephturn #213 Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postgizmodjango, on 29 May 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

I still haven't had time to listen -- tomorrow for sure. About platooning: sounds great, and tempting. I just might have to take you up on that. I've always been quite hesitant about platooning (anxiety, weight of expectation, etc). Honestly, I've never platooned except for with this one guy...and he lives in my house, takes out the trash, and calls me Dad. :)

don't hesitate, platooning makes the game much more fun! Me and most other forum peeps will platoon up with you any time.

Nefram56 #214 Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16094 battles
  • [NEKN]
Love the podcast. Been falling behind. I have over two gigs of podcasts waiting to be listened to. I jumped ahead to listen to yours though cause I was three behind. Love the addition of out takes. I have you on my friends list but I assume the moment you get on you're already platooned. 

Lephturn #215 Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
Everyone assumes that, and it's not always the case. Spent 2 hours unable to find a platoon last night. If you see me on toss an invite my way any time.

Bonekrusher1 #216 Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20205 battles
  • [CODEK]
The Podcast is great! Keep up the good job!!!!

Capman_44 #217 Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31707 battles
  • [III-C]
Another great pod!!! Keep up the good work guys, I love to listen to them and always come away with new insights on a tank, map or useful strategy. Also, I second a topic breakdown on equipment.

Lephturn #218 Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSonnetVolta, on 29 May 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Hi! Well, since you asked (and bear in mind I've listened to only 6 maybe 7 episodes), I'd like some map advice on "Plan B." Or "When MM hands you lemons, make lemonade." Meaning: Sometimes I don't get to go to the optimal spot on a map, and I have to figure out how to win without that optimal spot, or at least I have to give a good accounting of myself if it looks as if it'll be a loss. Basically, even on maps where there is a pretty clear "right" answer, even good players don't always get to choose that answer. So once you've covered all the maps in your podcasts, it might be a good idea to circle back and do each map again, with an eye to recovering from bad starts.

I'm currently grinding the British Heavies, which was a mistake for my temperment but here I am. These are slow heavies. Don't forget they are related to the TOG II*, but at least the TOG seems to have good gun depression. My Black Prince and Churchill VII can do maybe 18kph uphill/ 22kph downhill, and they have 2° (maybe!) of gun depression. If a StuG T-bones its gun right into my tracks, I can't shoot it. It's that bad.

• I know my job on Winter Malinovka is to take the Northeast Windmill. But at 18kph uphill, I don't get to decide if my team takes it or not. It is taken or lost by the time I get eyes on target. If the NE Windmill is Red by the time I'm halfway there, what is Plan B?
  • I know my job on Mines is to support the mediums (or an enterprising Crusader light) that have taken the top center hill. But, again, by the time I get anywhere near the hilltop entrance, ownership of that hill has been decided, and my tank wasn't part of that decision. If the hill is Red, how do I make lemonade out of that lemon?
  • On Oasis Palms, I know my job is to go with the 2-3 tanks that head for the mountains/monastery on the SE side, because my terrible gun depression/elevation makes the NW dunes a bad spot for me. But if five tanks head for the dunes and a TD decides to snipe from spawn… do I venture out alone to the monastery? Do I become That Guy who snipes in a heavy tank from spawn? Do I head to the dunes to be a large armored pinata for the red mediums?
  • On any map, regardless of what I'm driving, sometimes I'll spawn at a weird spot for my tank, or I'll spawn in at 6:45 and things have already happened. My favorite spot is taken, or my team has a new/exciting/stupid idea. Or just the red team has a few intelligent players and they've already done the Optimal Move. So when the map hands me lemons, where do I make lemonade?

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to do more discussion around alternate strategies, but at some point there are just too many options! If you check out the most recent one I think you'll find that Lokeen and I did get into Desert Sands pretty deep - including several alternate approaches. I will definitely be going back over the maps in the future once I've been through them all, so this is a good idea on how to make the second pass through different.

I feel you on the slow heavies - I love my Matilda but sometimes you just have to head straight for cap because it's the only way you can force the enemy to come to you. Usually there is a better option, but sometimes not.

• On Winter Malinovka - You still need to grind up the windmill hill. Your team needs to take a few shots and then hunker down in cover and not die until you get there.  Their job is to slow the enemy, spot them, and stay alive until you get into the fight. If they are all dead by the time you get there then they are not too bright, and you were likely to lose anyway. It can be painful but I don't think there is a better option in a big slow heavy or TD. There is also an advantage - if you team goes defensive it forces the other team to push and crest the hill, giving you shots on the enemy as you grind up the hill. Just wen they push over and think they've won the hill, you are the nasty surprise they run into that changes the game at a critical moment and helps your team win.
  • On Mines you have two options - stay on the approach to the hill to keep stop anyone else from getting up there or roll up to the cap circle, hull down in the dip, and use the rocks for cover. From there you can fire on the hill, the approaches on both sides, and even the lighthouse ridge. Your job in a big slow heavy is not to stop the enemy mediums - you can't. It's to stop the enemy heavies from rolling up there and killing your meds. Even if you lose the hill, you must contest that central area. There really is no other option as you are too slow to flank on either side of the map and contribute. Occasionally the other team will do something silly like go through town and you can actually get on the hill in your heavy! You might not choose to do that - the rocks by the cap circle is a very powerful spot for a top tier heavy so that's your likely target if you can get to it in time.
  • Oasis Palms is one of the tougher maps for a slow heavy - but there are decent routes on both sides. No - you never spawn camp or snipe. You are too slow and by the time you can get in the fight the rest of your team will be dead. If you are top tier and nobody goes the monastery side you have a choice - either try to hold the line alone and spot for your team on the other side as long as you can, or go with the group. There are good routes to go on the dunes side without climbing the dunes to the top. Use the low spots between the dunes as a path and as cover for your tank. If you have friendly mediums in the area you should be safe from getting circled and can roll up after contact has been made and turn the tide. Don't overlook the value of holding the monastery side solo though - this map needs a split team to do well. If you can find a good defensive position on the monastery side between the dunes and light up the enemy your team should be able to snipe them from the dunes and do well.
  • Making lemonade is very situational and map dependent. The benefit of spawning in late is that you should have more intel to decide where to go. The best thing I can say is to not go out on either flank to far - stay somewhat close to the middle. You do not have time to get back to reset cap or help a team mate. That said - when you see where your team is engaged you can adjust and point yourself at the spot where you can do the most good. Your team just has to hold out until you get there!

I hope this helps... I'm going to record this - great questions! Look for your name in an upcoming episode!

OBTanker #219 Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:57 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19056 battles
  • [III-S]

Awesome podcast, loved the Messerschmitt discussion - I kept thinking of this, HAHAHAH;

Community Pledge signer

M60A3 and M1IP Tanker (that's how ancient I am, lol)

Lephturn #220 Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Hahaha - that's great!

That is some funny schmitt! :trollface:

Also tagged with podcast, blitz, show, audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users