Tank Boom! A World of Tanks Blitz Podcast is live!

podcast blitz show audio

• Please log in to reply
1346 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you listen to a Blitz podcast? (420 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you listen to podcasts?

1. Yes (286 votes [67.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.77%

2. No (136 votes [32.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.23%

Are you interested in a WoT Blitz podcast?

1. Yeah! (365 votes [86.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.70%

2. Nah.... (56 votes [13.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.30%

Vote Hide poll

Abrams_Army #41 Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20986 battles
  • [III-Z]
Lep- Love it!  Way to take the initiative!  What you're doing is a valuable addition to WOTB, and the more tankers that know of it, the more valuable it will grow!  Keep up the great work! :great:

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same in return."                  - John Wayne

Community Pledge signer

sO5RTM3.png

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”                 ― Bruce Lee

FunkSoulChicken #42 Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

Thunderfunk

• Players
  • 40103 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Once again, fantastic!

~30 minutes is a comfortable length.  Much longer and it is much easier to be interrupted by daily stuff.  But 2X week sounds appetizing!

Your work is appreciated!

Community Pledge Signer

Lephturn #43 Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17567 battles
  • [III-S]

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement guys! I'm going to push to do another episode this week after 1.7 drops.

Who do you think will be the best authority on the Hellcat? I'm looking for somebody who has played it on PC and will rush to it in Blitz.

Conducting interview on TS3 is working out well so far, so that's good news. I can also do Skype of course.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

mbrcmf #44 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9942 battles
Hey Leph, what's the intro music to episode 3? Taking requests? "Big Gun" from AC/DC.

CptCheez #45 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15166 battles
  • [III]

I've actually never listened to a podcast before, but I listened to ep 1 and 2 at work on Monday.  Great job, Lephty!

30 mins is a perfect length for my to-and-from work commute.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Lephturn #46 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17567 battles
  • [III-S]

Good guess... but nope.

Actually out of concern for copyright issues, I used garage band and mixed some different guitar and drum loops together to create my own song.  I guess it's now "Tank Boom!"

I'm not sure how much I can play without causing a rights issue. Even if I can't play them all... submit your requests and I'll include it and the links to the music in an upcoming episode!

We have 1 for "Big Gun" by AC/DC.

I will add the awesome "Hellmarch" by Frank Klepacki (I know some of you played this game)

And "WarPigs" by Black Sabbath

And "Disposable Heroes" by Metallica

Add your suggestions and I'll build some play lists to tank to!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

_Rooster #47 Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4964 battles

Excellent addition to the community! Thank you so much for this! My commute in Matilda-paced Southern California traffic was lightened this morning with your entertaining and informative  podcast. Many, many thanks. I'll be listening to episode #2 on the way home this afternoon. Way to go!

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire...

IX: E75, IS-8, ST-1  /  VIII: T32, T-44, Pershing / VII: T20, Comet, Panther, Type 5 Chi-Ri

PREM: T34, IS-6, KV-5, Type 59, Jagdtiger 8,8, Panther/M10, SU-100Y, PzIV Hydro, T14, Excelsior, Pz V/IV, SU-85i, AC1 Sentinel, Pz.B2, Pz.S35, BT-SV, M22 Locust, Pz.IIJ, Ke-Ni Otsu, T-127, T-15, LTP, T7, Tetrarch, '70 VW Westfalia Camper Bus (formerly 22friarfan19)

CptCheez #48 Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:08 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15166 battles
  • [III]

Why not use some of the WoT soundtrack?  That would be something familiar to bring players in.  It's available for free download here:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/music/

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Serapth #49 Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8411 battles
The poll results are kinda odd... gotta figure that the majority that voted no for the first option would then vote no for the latter.  Guess lot's of people are maxing exceptions for you. :)

mbrcmf #50 Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9942 battles

View PostLephturn, on 25 February 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

We have 1 for "Big Gun" by AC/DC.

I will add the awesome "Hellmarch" by Frank Klepacki (I know some of you played this game)

And "WarPigs" by Black Sabbath

And "Disposable Heroes" by Metallica

Add your suggestions and I'll build some play lists to tank to!

The "Tank Boom" single .  I like it. Catchy. 

Die with your boots on -  Iron Maiden

Serapth #51 Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8411 battles

It's a tank game, Maiden needs to be represented and represented well.

Spoiler

pgrass101 #52 Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 28680 battles
  • [III-C]

Being a history buff I think you need to go old school on the music.

Like the be all and end all of Tanks songs Panzerlied https://www.youtube....h?v=1EjREtZLeIc

Edited by pgrass101, 25 February 2015 - 09:26 PM.

Lephturn #53 Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17567 battles
  • [III-S]

View Post22friarfan19, on 25 February 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Excellent addition to the community! Thank you so much for this! My commute in Matilda-paced Southern California traffic was lightened this morning with your entertaining and informative  podcast. Many, many thanks. I'll be listening to episode #2 on the way home this afternoon. Way to go!

Thanks for the kind words 22friarfan19! If it's valuable to you I would really appreciate it if you could leave a rating in iTunes or Stitcher when you get to home or work one day. Thanks!

Lephturn #54 Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17567 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostCptCheez, on 25 February 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Why not use some of the WoT soundtrack?  That would be something familiar to bring players in.  It's available for free download here:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/music/

Ooh thanks CptCheez I hadn't discovered that yet! I'll check it out and poke around at the license to make sure I can use it.

_Rooster #55 Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:50 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4964 battles

View PostLephturn, on 25 February 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Thanks for the kind words 22friarfan19! If it's valuable to you I would really appreciate it if you could leave a rating in iTunes or Stitcher when you get to home or work one day. Thanks!

Review added and stars posted! I listened to both of the other episodes on the ride home (and while sitting in my lounger after I got home). Anxiously awaiting the fourth installment.

Few thoughts:

-Excellent interview with Thunder, I really enjoyed that addition to your format.

-You hinted at it when talking about Mines, but a map review/strategy session is needed (at least by me) of Winter Malinovka. Not so subtle request. :)

-Can't wait to hear your initial 1.7 reaction.

-As for theme song, the first 0:50 of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs", air-raid siren included, is a must!

Thanks again for your contribution!

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire...

IX: E75, IS-8, ST-1  /  VIII: T32, T-44, Pershing / VII: T20, Comet, Panther, Type 5 Chi-Ri

PREM: T34, IS-6, KV-5, Type 59, Jagdtiger 8,8, Panther/M10, SU-100Y, PzIV Hydro, T14, Excelsior, Pz V/IV, SU-85i, AC1 Sentinel, Pz.B2, Pz.S35, BT-SV, M22 Locust, Pz.IIJ, Ke-Ni Otsu, T-127, T-15, LTP, T7, Tetrarch, '70 VW Westfalia Camper Bus (formerly 22friarfan19)

Lephturn #56 Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17567 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostSerapth, on 25 February 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

The poll results are kinda odd... gotta figure that the majority that voted no for the first option would then vote no for the latter.  Guess lot's of people are maxing exceptions for you. :)

The latest numbers that I have seen indicate that only about 15% of the US population listen to podcasts regularly. That means for many they have yet to sort out the basics like a Podcast application on their phone and subscribe to their first regular podcast. I am flattered that so many folks plan to listen to the show even though they are not regular podcast listeners - I am grateful.

It probably means I need to write something more specific on my site on how to get set up, and especially how to get it hooked into your car! I'll look for something first and then see about linking it back here.

Lephturn #57 Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 17567 battles
  • [III-S]

View Post22friarfan19, on 25 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Review added and stars posted! I listened to both of the other episodes on the ride home (and while sitting in my lounger after I got home). Anxiously awaiting the fourth installment.

Few thoughts:

-Excellent interview with Thunder, I really enjoyed that addition to your format.

-You hinted at it when talking about Mines, but a map review/strategy session is needed (at least by me) of Winter Malinovka. Not so subtle request. :)

-Can't wait to hear your initial 1.7 reaction.

-As for theme song, the first 0:50 of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs", air-raid siren included, is a must!

Thanks again for your contribution!

Thanks so much for the review and for the kind feedback. I will record my 1.7 reactions tomorrow and try to post it in time for Friday morning.

I've done Mines, Castilla, and Rockfield - so WInter Mal is a good choice! Sold! :)

thunderthies #58 Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:27 AM

Not a Hoax

• Club Wargaming
  • 14051 battles
Very glad to see this is getting the attention it deserves. Just want to say again how awesome of a job you're doing on this and that I can't wait for the future episodes. Lovin it!

Check out:   WoTB terms, phrases defined v. 2.0

Check out:    iMovie iOS video production tutorial

Check out:           WoTB beginner's guide, tactics

Check out:                   WoTB YouTube channels

mbrcmf #59 Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9942 battles

Had this song playing against a T29 and KV-1S, and my back was literally against the wall. 

Spoiler

stuck against the warehouse diagonally pointed toward the big T29. The 29 will have to expose himself around the corner, but I  can only take one big hit from either and my little Fury is toast.... And no one would expect anything less. Well maybe just maybe I can do this. Let's deal with one at a time and see where the action takes us.

The 29 lumbers slowly out.. I fire my weak APCR nervously. 

I track the 29! (hey I can do this, we'll deal with the next step  as it comes) 

No movement, and returns fire... tracks me. Recovery. Not that I am going to move in this predicament. 
Track him again.. He's out of recovery packs. Hit my adrenalin....  FIRE -  "Tank Boom!"

Threat is down to the KV, now sitting on cap. The red knows I am one shot away. We lose contact. The sirens stop. I have to make a move. But first I need to think and breathe. It is quiet, and I have :30 seconds to pull this off or die miserably. 
Backing up,and turning to my left, I race across the open doorways... Alarms, light bulbs, and a shot streaks by...Now I see my true luck. 

He is one well placed 76mm shell away from certain victory. No time to wait, he has a long reload.. Around the corner of the warehouse and the KV1s is partially concealed and retreating to further cover. Will it... Oh here it goes....FIRE 

"Tank Boom" - The Allies pull off the impossible. 

Maybe you could ask your guests their memorable games? Ones where they did something that made them sweat (or take a brief break) . Lol.. "Tales from the Tank Boom" segment..  

Comrade_Pike #60 Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6536 battles

Already posted a thread to say as much, but really enjoying this podcast.  Subscribed and look forward to the next episode.  The content on map strategy is super helpful, and discussion of specific tanks has been a huge help to this noob. Thanks for doing this!

Also tagged with podcast, blitz, show, audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users