Tank Boom! A World of Tanks Blitz Podcast is live!

podcast blitz show audio

• Please log in to reply
1403 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you listen to a Blitz podcast? (454 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you listen to podcasts?

1. Voted Yes (306 votes [66.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.96%

2. No (151 votes [33.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.04%

Are you interested in a WoT Blitz podcast?

1. Yeah! (389 votes [85.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.31%

2. Voted Nah.... (67 votes [14.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.69%

Vote Hide poll

Lephturn #61 Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks guys! I took the map request into account and reviewed Winter Malinovka in Ep. 4 which I just submitted!

I'm going to do something with a music playlist this week for episode 5.

What map review do you want to see next?

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

CptCheez #62 Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:56 AM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles
Castilla Castilla Castilla!

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

_Desslok_ #63 Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24549 battles
  • [III-S]

Just finished episode 4 - really great job again.  Your map strategy on Malinovka was really helpful - it would have taken me
quite a few more battles to figure that out on my own.

If you are ever looking at ideas for additional content, what would be useful to me (and hopefully some others) would be a discussion of platoon strategy.  I have just
started platooning a bit and would like to do some more.  However, I'm usually at a loss as far as what to do with my platoon mate
other than what I do when I'm going solo.  So any discussion of tactics such as splitting up, stay together, or different tank combinations, etc.

would be useful.

Thanks again for doing these - I'm sure they consume a decent amount of your spare time, but I appreciate it - I go running often and
these have been great to listen to on my runs.

Lephturn #64 Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Thank you for the kind words Desslok!

Great suggestion. I platoon fairly often and we have had some discussion about the best ways to do this within the Triarii. I will be happy to share my ideas and strategies.

I'm getting better and faster at it slowly, as well as learning to do a better job. I had a few rough edits in the 3rd episode but I'm getting better at it now.

I did Castilla in episode 1 Cheez - although it was brand new. I'll revisit it but probably not for a while. I want to be a little better on this map and let the overall meta strategy evolve on that map before I tackle it again.

I'm thinking Sunken Temple or Oasis Palms - both excellent and very different maps.

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

ComradePike #65 Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10781 battles
  • [SRT]

So my wife and I commute together, which is nice on fuel costs but can also turn into a behavioral science experiment most mornings...I live in the DFW area, so traffic is a bit narly.  Anyway, couldn't have been more excited when I got the notification that a new episode of Tank Boom had arrived on my Downcast feed.  Of course, I wanted to listen right then and there.  Hilarity ensues as my wife tries to understand the finer points of map strategy on Winter Malikova and what Lephturn means by 'glass cannon'.  

Love this podcast.

Lephturn #66 Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks for the kind words Comrade_Pike!

I have had a few notes about the significant others... my lovely wife is the voice of my intro. I plan to do a fun little interview with her soon about what she thinks about all this and being a Blitz widow. :)

Swedish_Sunshine #67 Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5923 battles

Five Stars from me... and I also subscribed.  From one "old" guy to another - keep up the great work!  I am looking forward to future episodes.

S.S.

P.S. I'm not a stripper... Lol.

Lephturn #68 Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks Sunshine!

TIme to line up a few interviews to break up the monotony of it just being me!

pgrass101 #69 Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

YOLO King

• Players
  • 38405 battles
  • [III-Z]

I was glad to have the last episode to listen too while washing dishes. My wife came in and asked what I was listening too. When I told her it was a WotB podcast she just laughed.

Great episode

Swedish_Sunshine #70 Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5923 battles
Your advice about holding the windmill hill on Winter Malinovka was spot on.   I had a battle last night where my team got there while the reds had all scattered into town or tried the flank.  I used the chat to tell everyone to hold the windmill hill rather than charging off... this strategy worked really well for us.  We picked the reds off one by one from the higher ground and dominated that board.    S.S.

Lephturn #71 Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks Swedish_Sunshine, I'm glad it worked out!

You are faster on the keyboard than I am I think - good job. If you can convince the team to just hold that high ground and wait you'll usually win - the enemy normally pops up in ones and twos and gets ripped apart. Once you get them set up if you call targets it can also help - getting everyone to focus fire on a single enemy works so well when you are up on the high ground!

Swedish_Sunshine #72 Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5923 battles

Ha!  I was in the Matilda... I have all the time in the word to chat in that turtle.  Also, I think I was just lucky to have a couple of top tiers give me the quick "affirmative".

S.S

Lephturn #73 Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

True, you do have typing time in the grand lady.

Yes you are lucky your had folks respond "Affirmative" instead of "Shut up nub I have a tier IX" that you get sometimes.

Just curious - are you using iTunes or Stitcher to listen?

Swedish_Sunshine #74 Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5923 battles
iTunes for me.  

Lephturn #75 Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
I have a few listeners on Stitcher so far. Is that what Android folks use or do I need to push it somewhere else?

mbrcmf #76 Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23268 battles

I use Stitcher because "Tank Boom" is there, and haven't really listened to podcasts previously. Here are the "top podcast apps" listed by  Android Central

http://www.androidcentral.com/top-5-best-podcast-apps-android

Lephturn #77 Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
Thanks, I will investigate. I think they all pull from iTunes.

_Rooster #78 Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4971 battles

Another great episode! Thanks for covering Winter Mal! Very timely review with all the forum chatter about this map in the last week or so.

I tried the top-of-the-ledge, behind-the-church flank last night in my Cromwell and the gamble worked surprisingly well. The Reds had gone windmill and I was able to pull behind them. I was killed by a trailing T-43 I didn't see but not before killing two of my own and damaging their JPanther. Ended up winning by four tanks.

Keep 'em coming Lephturn! (I vote for Oasis Palms next, since you mentioned it :))

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire...

IX: E75, IS-8, ST-1  /  VIII: T32, T-44, Pershing / VII: T20, Comet, Panther, Type 5 Chi-Ri

PREM: T34, IS-6, KV-5, Type 59, Jagdtiger 8,8, Panther/M10, SU-100Y, PzIV Hydro, T14, Excelsior, Pz V/IV, SU-85i, AC1 Sentinel, Pz.B2, Pz.S35, BT-SV, M22 Locust, Pz.IIJ, Ke-Ni Otsu, T-127, T-15, LTP, T7, Tetrarch, '70 VW Westfalia Camper Bus (formerly 22friarfan19)

Lephturn #79 Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Sweet!

Also - somebody let me know I have about 4 minutes of dead air on that last one. I figured out I had a snippet of outro music kicking around. Sorry guys, I'll watch for it next time. I'm slowly getting better. :)

Sean

Lephturn #80 Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Ok Episode 5 just dropped!

I ran out of time for Oasis Palms - that'll be in Ep. 6.

I've got news, the info on what might be coming in 1.8 and later this year, and a breakdown of the differences, strengths, and weaknesses of the two lines starting from the divergence all the way to tier X.

Also tagged with podcast, blitz, show, audio

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users