Jump to content


Tank Boom! A World of Tanks Blitz Podcast is live!

podcast blitz show audio

  • Please log in to reply
1403 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you listen to a Blitz podcast? (455 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you listen to podcasts?

  1. Voted Yes (307 votes [67.03%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 67.03%

  2. No (151 votes [32.97%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 32.97%

Are you interested in a WoT Blitz podcast?

  1. Voted Yeah! (390 votes [85.34%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 85.34%

  2. Voted Nah.... (67 votes [14.66%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.66%

Vote Hide poll

Lephturn #721 Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View Post_Rooster, on 07 January 2016 - 11:41 PM, said:

Thanks Lephturn! Now I have something other than grading papers to do during my prep period tomorrow.  ;):) 

Keep up the excellent work! 

 

Thanks Rooster - glad you like it. Subscribe on your podcast app of choice and you'll get the latest as soon as they come out!

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


skyking21 #722 Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:49 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18241 battles
  • 1,569
  • [LGND]
  • Member since:
    07-23-2014

That innuendo last podcast... lol

 

As far as good TD tips, I have found that putting your butt in a building corner is far better than just a wall.  Depending on what side someone tries to come up on, you can get them off by reversing and using the corner to get them off you.  



Lephturn #723 Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View Postskyking21, on 07 January 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

That innuendo last podcast... lol

 

As far as good TD tips, I have found that putting your butt in a building corner is far better than just a wall.  Depending on what side someone tries to come up on, you can get them off by reversing and using the corner to get them off you.  

 

Heh - yeah that was maybe 40% of what we got laughing about. There was a bunch that went way past innuendo that would have blown up my "clean" rating!

 

Great tip for TD drivers - you mean an outside corner not an inside corner correct? I'll have to pull out my SU-100Y and test this out. :)


Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


Hamstro #724 Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:58 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15656 battles
  • 165
  • [III-Z]
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

Hey Leph, loving the recent interviews with Someguyfrompitt... fantastic!

Keep up the good work (Lokeen too). 

 

[¡¡¡]

 

 


Community Pledge Signer


_Meta #725 Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19456 battles
  • 2,374
  • [SRT-]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

Good stuff as always guys. :great:

 

I don't care how much you know or think you know, sometimes you forget little things. I love listening to other talk from a different perspective. You just never know what you might learn. Keep up the good work. 


"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta


someguyfromPitt #726 Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

    Jeez Louise that one bounced

  • Players
  • 56417 battles
  • 4,389
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    07-12-2014

I forgot how long we did that interview, over 1 hour 20 minutes.  The red reticle was a funny part. So many melt downs at th end of laughter. 

 

Thanks for letting me come on. I do enjoy talking tanks. 


Tanking in Blitz since July 2014

95 tanks in the garage, 26 premiums, 14 collectors, 25 tier X
 

The 30th member of Triarii, joined August 2014

RIP TankBoom Podcast

 


Lephturn #727 Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostHan_Y0lo, on 08 January 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

Hey Leph, loving the recent interviews with Someguyfrompitt... fantastic!

Keep up the good work (Lokeen too). 

 

[¡¡¡]

Thanks Han_Yolo - more good stuff coming! I'll have something out for 2.5 update day as well. :)


Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


thebrossassinator #728 Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16248 battles
  • 189
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015
Great podcast and very helpful TD info!  Had a hard time visualizing the posting move.  Is it basically the same way you might try to bait shots in a medium, flashing the upper plate at an angle but not exposing the inside drive wheel?


Lephturn #729 Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View Post_Meta, on 08 January 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Good stuff as always guys. :great:

 

I don't care how much you know or think you know, sometimes you forget little things. I love listening to other talk from a different perspective. You just never know what you might learn. Keep up the good work. 

Believe it or not that even applies to me. I frequently pick up tips when I listen to an episode ... after I recorded it and after I edited and produced it! I guess it takes at least 3 times through before I get it!

 

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 08 January 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

I forgot how long we did that interview, over 1 hour 20 minutes.  The red reticle was a funny part. So many melt downs at th end of laughter. 

 

Thanks for letting me come on. I do enjoy talking tanks. 

 

We really appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience! Great stuff.  Can't beat talking tanks! I'll be in Pittsburgh sometime in the next few months and this time I'm buying the beer!


Edited by Lephturn, 08 January 2016 - 07:02 PM.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


Lephturn #730 Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View Postthebrossassinator, on 08 January 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Great podcast and very helpful TD info!  Had a hard time visualizing the posting move.  Is it basically the same way you might try to bait shots in a medium, flashing the upper plate at an angle but not exposing the inside drive wheel?

 

Essentially - it's using the front-mounted nature of most TD guns along with your maximum gun traverse to present the front of your TD at the greatest angle possible to your target. But yes - when you don't need to shoot you can back away and turn at an angle to get cover and while doing so provide a more and more extreme angle to the enemy.

 

Like this:

Spoiler

 

That's my 2 minute MS Paint illustration - don't judge! :)


Edited by Lephturn, 08 January 2016 - 07:17 PM.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


thebrossassinator #731 Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16248 battles
  • 189
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

View PostLephturn, on 08 January 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

 

Essentially - it's using the front-mounted nature of most TD guns along with your maximum gun traverse to present the front of your TD at the greatest angle possible to your target. But yes - when you don't need to shoot you can back away and turn at an angle to get cover and while doing so provide a more and more extreme angle to the enemy.

 

Like this:

Spoiler

 

That's my 2 minute MS Paint illustration - don't judge! :)

This is perfect!  Thanks and this makes complete sense.



ComradePike #732 Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:00 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10781 battles
  • 838
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011
Keep it up Lephturn and Lokeen.  Would love to see more interviews from bona fide expert tankers...48ton Ruckus maybe?  The Bushka interview still goes down as the best of the bunch to date.   Would love to hear his take on TD's!

Lephturn #733 Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014
I've been in touch with Ruckus before - I'll get hooked up with him again and see about getting him online. Another Bushka interview makes sense too!

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


Dancing__Queen #734 Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 34430 battles
  • 36
  • [RBLN]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2014
As always, great work. Keep them coming!


 


Blartch #735 Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:53 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 68746 battles
  • 8,453
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

Thanks guys, always an excellent way to fill some time driving to work

 

Any plans to go a bit more indepth on the Japanese line in a near-future podcast?  I've rocked the line up to tier 6 (all of which are joyously borderline overpowered until the Chi-To) but haven't bought the Chi-Ri yet.  Maybe a map breakdown of Himmelsdorf or the new Temple?  Seems like WG is throwing so many things at us recently it's difficult to keep up with


Edited by Blartch, 09 January 2016 - 09:56 PM.


Lephturn #736 Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:29 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostDancingQueen, on 09 January 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

As always, great work. Keep them coming!

Will do! Please subscribe and take a few minutes to do a rating/review on iTunes!

 

View PostBlartch, on 09 January 2016 - 04:53 PM, said:

Thanks guys, always an excellent way to fill some time driving to work

 

Any plans to go a bit more indepth on the Japanese line in a near-future podcast?  I've rocked the line up to tier 6 (all of which are joyously borderline overpowered until the Chi-To) but haven't bought the Chi-Ri yet.  Maybe a map breakdown of Himmelsdorf or the new Temple?  Seems like WG is throwing so many things at us recently it's difficult to keep up with

 

Good problem to have... too much content! Good idea to go more in-depth on the Japanese line. Good little mediums, I'm at tier V myself, love the gun depression!


Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


MSixteen #737 Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:42 AM

    Full Auto Spud Gun

  • Players
  • 18667 battles
  • 5,510
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012
I bet one of the next few podcasts is gonna be pretty great. Just sayin :harp:

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

 Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt


Lephturn #738 Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

View PostMSixteen, on 09 January 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

I bet one of the next few podcasts is gonna be pretty great. Just sayin :harp:

 

Yeah might even have a certain unicum talking about an epic forum thread that might be linked in his signature and highlighted in red..... heheheh. :B

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


MSixteen #739 Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:49 AM

    Full Auto Spud Gun

  • Players
  • 18667 battles
  • 5,510
  • Member since:
    11-15-2012

View PostLephturn, on 09 January 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

 

Yeah might even have a certain unicum talking about an epic forum thread that might be linked in his signature and highlighted in red..... heheheh. :B

But we can neither confirm nor deny the rumors


"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

 Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt


Lephturn #740 Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:52 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22431 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

Edited by Lephturn, 10 January 2016 - 02:53 AM.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom






Also tagged with podcast, blitz, show, audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users