Tank Boom! A World of Tanks Blitz Podcast is live!

podcast blitz show audio

• Please log in to reply
1403 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you listen to a Blitz podcast? (453 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you listen to podcasts?

1. Voted Yes (305 votes [66.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.89%

2. No (151 votes [33.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.11%

Are you interested in a WoT Blitz podcast?

1. Yeah! (388 votes [85.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 85.27%

2. Voted Nah.... (67 votes [14.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.73%

Vote Hide poll

_Rooster #81 Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4971 battles

Yet another great episode! I love the tank breakdowns. I've done both lines and read the KV-1S/T-150 forum analysis ad nauseum, but thoroughly enjoyed your analysis of it. In a future episode I'd like to hear about the German heavy/"medium" split as well and how the Panther line compares/contrasts to other medium lines.

Nice job teasing us with the Oasis Palms map analysis. Keep us always wanting more! :)

Excellent work Lephturn!

Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire...

IX: E75, IS-8, ST-1  /  VIII: T32, T-44, Pershing / VII: T20, Comet, Panther, Type 5 Chi-Ri

PREM: T34, IS-6, KV-5, Type 59, Jagdtiger 8,8, Panther/M10, SU-100Y, PzIV Hydro, T14, Excelsior, Pz V/IV, SU-85i, AC1 Sentinel, Pz.B2, Pz.S35, BT-SV, M22 Locust, Pz.IIJ, Ke-Ni Otsu, T-127, T-15, LTP, T7, Tetrarch, '70 VW Westfalia Camper Bus (formerly 22friarfan19)

_Desslok_ #82 Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23654 battles
  • [III-S]

Great job again Lephturn!  Your breakdown of the two Soviet heavy lines is very timely as I am going down both right now, but am only up to the the IS and T-150,

so your analysis of the rest of the rest of the line was great to listen to.

Looking forward to Oasis Palms on the next episode.

Lephturn #83 Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks guys, I am glad you liked it!   

Good thinking on the German tree and how it splits. I don't know those quite as well yet but I will bring an expert to help.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

_Rooster #84 Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4971 battles

View PostLephturn, on 13 March 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Thanks guys, I am glad you liked it!   

Good thinking on the German tree and how it splits. I don't know those quite as well yet but I will bring an expert to help.

Personal, selfish interest only. I've gone up to the E75 on the "Tiger" line but have stayed away from the "Panther" line because of the horror stories about some of those grinds. However, I've been lately toying with the idea of grinding up it in spite of what I've heard. Could use the insight of whomever the resident Triarii expert is. :)

Thanks again for this very valuable addition to the community!

IX: E75, IS-8, ST-1  /  VIII: T32, T-44, Pershing / VII: T20, Comet, Panther, Type 5 Chi-Ri

PREM: T34, IS-6, KV-5, Type 59, Jagdtiger 8,8, Panther/M10, SU-100Y, PzIV Hydro, T14, Excelsior, Pz V/IV, SU-85i, AC1 Sentinel, Pz.B2, Pz.S35, BT-SV, M22 Locust, Pz.IIJ, Ke-Ni Otsu, T-127, T-15, LTP, T7, Tetrarch, '70 VW Westfalia Camper Bus (formerly 22friarfan19)

Lephturn #85 Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Thanks 22friarfan19 I am glad you liked it. 

I am am at the VK M, how about I play up through the line and report each week? I'll get an expert on the line to chime in as well!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

Ryan926 #86 Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7996 battles
Well done with the podcast. I usually do not listen to podcasts, but I am happy I made an exception for this. I can't wait for the next one.

Lephturn #87 Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
Thanks Ryan926!

Lephturn #88 Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Well my episode 5 went live last week called Stalinium!

This week I interviewed Str8UpJack and we talked for an hour! Would you guys rather see a 1 hour show or two 30-35 minute shows this week? I'll push both this week I promise! I can get the first one out tonight and the next one tomorrow, or wait for the big one tomorrow. What would you rather see?

We are reviewing Oasis Palms this week as well as the Str8UpJack interview and we dig into the history and challenges of running the Triarii clan.

ElZeno #89 Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35475 battles
  • [III-C]

Hey Lephturn,

I like the idea of two parts, but only because it works with my commute!

Looking forward to episode either way.

_Rooster #90 Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4971 battles
Either one works for me. My commute is a little over an hour, so I'd consume either the one, or both podcasts, in one drive. :)

Lephturn #91 Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
Thanks guys... ok I'll look at doing two episodes in one week! Seems it will work the best for the most people.

Lephturn #92 Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Ok I went the other way - I went with a long episode. Otherwise I wasn't going to get it all done!

Episode 6 - Str8UpJack is now available! http://tankboom.com/

00:30 Interview segment - Str8UpJack
02:30 The Old Guys thread and the birth of Triarii
09:30 Community pressure and keeping a level head
15:00 Making the move from http://forum.wotblitz.com to our own site
12:35 Triarii membership application process
30:00 Defining the culture of your clan
33:45 Battlefield Breakdown of Oasis Palms
47:00 Is it viable to go to the towns in a heavy?
49:15 Fun with howitzers
53:15 Gladiator nights - streaming at http://twitch.tv/str8upjack

I hope you like it. :)

FunkSoulChicken #93 Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:52 AM

Thunderfunk

• Players
  • 45959 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Headed over there now...

In the home stretch on my Tiger (P) but nothing but losses tonight.  Time for a break and some Tank Boom!

Community Pledge Signer

Lephturn #94 Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

Well I spent my evening editing and producing last night - but tonight I'll get some games in. I'll look for you FunKSoulChicken and we can platoon up in our Tiger (P)s and have some fun! I love that tank, especially with a platoon mate. It works best in situations where you can protect your flanks, but oooh that gun and that trollish frontal armor.

Hmmm. Tiger P review next episode methinks!

Map review - I'm thinking Lost Temple, one of my favorites.

Edited by Lephturn, 19 March 2015 - 03:11 PM.

CptCheez #95 Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostLephturn, on 19 March 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

Map review - I'm thinking Sunken Lost Temple, one of my favorites.

FTFY :)

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Lephturn #96 Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]
Thanks Cheez!  I keep thinking and saying it wrong - which is strange since the temple is actually up on the high ground!

FunkSoulChicken #97 Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

Thunderfunk

• Players
  • 45959 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

View PostLephturn, on 19 March 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

Well I spent my evening editing and producing last night - but tonight I'll get some games in. I'll look for you FunKSoulChicken and we can platoon up in our Tiger (P)s and have some fun! I love that tank, especially with a platoon mate. It works best in situations where you can protect your flanks, but oooh that gun and that trollish frontal armor.

Hmmm. Tiger P review next episode methinks!

Map review - I'm thinking Sunken Temple, one of my favorites.

Would love to platoon again, sir.  I did finally get a single win in it last night to get the 2x XP.  Game after game of 1200+ damage and 2ish kills to go with the losses...  Then came the string of Tier IX games....

I tend to not follow the 3 loss/put 'er down rule.  But I'm also not raging at that point either.  It seems to me that in every one of those games I lose, there's seven guys/girls who win.  They aren't complaining.  I just figure that there's got to be something more I can do.

Interesting enough, two nights ago I received my Ace mastery in this tank with a 5 kill game on Lost Temple (I've sunk many times there though).  Last night was atrocious...  Maybe tonight will be better.  Either way, I should reach the VK tonight.  Pretty stoked about it.

Community Pledge Signer

Lephturn #98 Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

You know I'm not rushing for the VK at tier 8. I like the Tiger (P) so much I've just been running it a couple of times a day and having a blast with it. You can research 3 tanks from there - the VK 45 A, the Tiger and the Ferdinand, so I can use a ton of XP. I've already unlocked the VK and the Tiger... eventually I'll try out the Ferdinand as well. Now I need to get some credits together for the VK!

I can't stress enough to wiggle in this tank. The Tiger (P) front on with a little wiggle can generate a ton of bounces. I have successfully taken out and IS-3 and a JagTiger at the same time with it. They were hitting me - they were aiming - but a little wiggle bounced 60% of their shots. I hit adrenaline and wasted them both. There is not another tier 7 tank where that could work in the open on flat ground. Maybe a T29 in a perfect hull-down spot, but that's it.

FunkSoulChicken #99 Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

Thunderfunk

• Players
  • 45959 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

View PostLephturn, on 19 March 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

You know I'm not rushing for the VK at tier 8. I like the Tiger (P) so much I've just been running it a couple of times a day and having a blast with it. You can research 3 tanks from there - the VK 45 A, the Tiger and the Ferdinand, so I can use a ton of XP. I've already unlocked the VK and the Tiger... eventually I'll try out the Ferdinand as well. Now I need to get some credits together for the VK!

I can't stress enough to wiggle in this tank. The Tiger (P) front on with a little wiggle can generate a ton of bounces. I have successfully taken out and IS-3 and a JagTiger at the same time with it. They were hitting me - they were aiming - but a little wiggle bounced 60% of their shots. I hit adrenaline and wasted them both. There is not another tier 7 tank where that could work in the open on flat ground. Maybe a T29 in a perfect hull-down spot, but that's it.

Fair viewpoint.

I also have not rushed.  Porsche and Henschel Tigers are my last two heavies to grind to Tier VIII.  I already have the Ferdinand (Love that top gun!) and am looking forward to a decently long time in Tier VIII as I work all of my heavies up to Tier IX.  I only have the M103 and T95 at Tier IX so far.  Some people like to grind a single line at a time.  I have preferred to keep all of my lines somewhere near each other to this point.

I have generally angled as opposed to wiggling.  With the right angle, it's almost a certain ping/deflection same tier.  Suggestion noted and I will look forward to giving that wiggle idea a shake later today.

Community Pledge Signer

Lephturn #100 Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

I am liking tier 7 lately.  I have the T29 and Comet at tier 7 as well. Big fun!

I'll look you up tonight for some Tiger (P) platoon action.

Also tagged with podcast, blitz, show, audio

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users