• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

glass2707 #41 Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30004 battles
  • [GRIM]

View PostJimR_ATL, on 26 February 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

I had high hopes for the app crashes reductions advertized. Sadly, I'm not seeing the reduction, and judging by the still-large numbers of tanks that never move, I'm not the only one.

It seems most frequent on the Lost Temple for me personally, crashing during a certain bar of the intro music playing. I haven't kept stats, but it feels like 1/4 or 1/5 times this map loads for me. And other maps do crash, but not as frequently. 

Again, this happens when the battle is loading relatively frequently. I do get app crashes in-battle from time to time, but it's nowhere near as frequent. 

I restart the app and I am generally able to join late (and sometimes already getting shot up, depending on map and opponents).

Turning off other apps and the background app refresh option seems to have cleared up my crashing problem.  Might give that a shot.

thumb_warrior #42 Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33942 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 25 February 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

The traverse in the E75 is actually higher now in 1.7 than pre-buff levels.  Pre-1.5, the traverse in the stock suspension was 14 deg/s and upgraded tracks were 16 deg/s.  Now they're 17 and 19, respectively.

Yes, but you are forgetting that they buffed the track traverse because they took away the e75's and e50's top engine. This was just a straight up nerf not a "rebalance" as they would call it because the last time I checked they didn't buff the another part of the tank to make up for the lost track traverse.

CptCheez #43 Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postthumb_warrior, on 26 February 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yes, but you are forgetting that they buffed the track traverse because they took away the e75's and e50's top engine. This was just a straight up nerf not a "rebalance" as they would call it because the last time I checked they didn't buff the another part of the tank to make up for the lost track traverse.

Correlation does not equal causation.  Just because the initial traverse buff and engine nerf happened at the same time does not mean one happened because of the other.  The traverse was given a big boost in 1.5.  The developers clearly felt it was too much, based on whatever thousands of game's worth of data they have that we don't have access to, and so they lowered it.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

thumb_warrior #44 Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33942 battles

View PostCptCheez, on 26 February 2015 - 11:19 PM, said:

Correlation does not equal causation.  Just because the initial traverse buff and engine nerf happened at the same time does not mean one happened because of the other.  The traverse was given a big boost in 1.5.  The developers clearly felt it was too much, based on whatever thousands of game's worth of data they have that we don't have access to, and so they lowered it.

LOL...I didn't realise you wanted to go down the science/statistics/logic path. I agree that correlation does not equal causation.

Yes, I am making an assumption/educated guess that the engine nerf/ track traverse buff were related as these changes took place throughout the German tank tree and was not isolated to the e75 alone. If they had only nerfed the Maybach German tank tree engines without makes any other changes they would have completely neutered that entire German tank line to the point that those tanks wouldn't have competitive at all. 

I would like to point out that you make the assumption that there is any rhyme or reason to the changes the developers make to the tanks here or that they look at any data what so ever. So far the evidence would suggest otherwise...because if they were really looking at data, many Soviet tanks such as KV-3 and KV-4 would have been nerfed the patch after they were introduced. 

rockinrich #45 Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:11 AM

Private

• Players
  • 19093 battles
  • [DMD]
The first day of the 1.7 update I knew something was wrong when my tier 9 Obj. 704 using ap and acpr ammo could not pen at close range with three hits on a tier 7 Comet. The Comet hit me from the front five times and took out my Obj. 704 after this brawl. I have never seen the tier 7 Comet do this before. In another recent battle I saw a Comet take direct hits from both an IS 3 and a T34 tier 8 in another close range brawl. It took out both tier 8 tanks and got best score overall. It wasn't hiding when it took these hits but it was moving back and forth a lot. I don't know if or how they buffed the Comet but maybe it should be recatigorized as a tier 10 super tank destroyer with impenetrable armor. I can't say if these battles were flukes but In my opinion the entire approach of trying to balance vehicles based purely on statistics needs to be rethought. It could discourage players from wanting to acquire the better vehicles in the game. This is not good for the game.

someguyfromPitt #46 Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:02 AM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 48945 battles
  • [III]
So your tanklopedia lists the E3 at 3.3 r.o.f but the info in game lists 4.1. That's where I got confused in my area

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

mtmoose23 #47 Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

Private

• Players
  • 9241 battles
  • [FORD1]

This update is crashing out and you have to log back in like every 15 minutes very annoying when platoon is formed

Seems to be a major glitch to me if you try to go to different screen and it logs you off

WellBattle6 #48 Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7994 battles
  • [DS]

The matchmaking in this version seems to be consistently bad now.

I've just had a match with 3 tier 8s, 1 tier 7 (me), and 3 tier 6s vs 4 tier 8s, 1 tier 7, and 2 tier 6s.

CptCheez #49 Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postthumb_warrior, on 26 February 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

I would like to point out that you make the assumption that there is any rhyme or reason to the changes the developers make to the tanks here or that they look at any data what so ever. So far the evidence would suggest otherwise...because if they were really looking at data, many Soviet tanks such as KV-3 and KV-4 would have been nerfed the patch after they were introduced. 

Having worked in the world of software development and gaming, yes, I do make that assumption.  What do you think actually happens?  They're just all sitting around a table drinking vodka and suddenly go, "Hey guys, you know what?  In the next patch, let's change this variable from 0.34 to 0.29.  Why? WHY NOT, Comrade? HAHAHAHA"

C'mon.  That's not how this works.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

ObjX #50 Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8219 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View Postrockinrich, on 25 February 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

I can't stand the nerfing in this latest update. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I could tell right away that my recently acquired td was not performing very well. I had worked very hard to acquire the obj. 704 which took a definite strategy to utilize it's stregths. This made it a fun tier 9 td that could be played well in the game and a td that was feared in the game. Since the 1.7 update it seems to get shredded in battles no matter what style you play. It's 152 mm cannon doesn't seem to pen anymore even at short range . It's long range accuracy seems to be off. Unlike before where it could handle a brawl with the heavies it now gets taken out easily with a few shots. I don't like a game where every vehicle is nerfed or buffed to even the playing field. I went after this particular Russian td line just because it seemed to be a tough vehicle to play against. The challenge going against it made the game fun too. But with the nerfing What' the point of wasting time and effort acquiring these supposed heavy hitting high credit cost vehicles if their going to be nerfed to the point of being useless under performers. I don't want to play a game where every vehicle is leveled to become statistically equal or lesser to every other one. Not only is that unrealistic but it's not fun whether you own that vehicle or battle against it.

Well my good sir I have played the 704 on both the PC and soon on blitz and I can say for sure if your not using the BL-10 then.... your not playing the 704 as it should be played. I mean sure the 152 mm is a high damage hit, however it is better to use the massive pentration of the BL-10 and then use a HE on a module to ammo rack a oppenent or a AP shell hitting 2-3 shots with a auto loader installed for equipment. On the PC it was a OP tank becuase it could one shot some tier 8s and 9s but on blitz the tanks are made to be fair in head to head combat but if you are skilled enough you can break modules down espically with crew skills and tear oppenents appart. I konw in the ISU 152 with my BL10 I usually can whoop 3-5 oppenents if the map favours my cover.

TIER X: E50M FV215B Object268 TIER IX: T54 Object 704 T30 TIER VIII: Indien Panzer Panther II Premiums: AT15A T34 T2Light

MyMomBoughtMy183 #51 Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25916 battles
  • [GRIM]

View Postpiggy37, on 25 February 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

They need to fix the Winter Malinovka windmill glitch soon, I thought they would fix it in this update

1.8 was what overlord said in an interview! 

WG doesnt make money on fixing maps, they make it on new tanks :)

Navajo1141 #52 Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7363 battles
  • [22AX]
Ever since I done the new update the game play has suffered bad....game is glitchy....at end of battle it boots me completely out of game....it lags a lot.....game was working flawlessly before the update......I do like the new U.S. tanks....please fix the glitchy an lag time on game thnx

Radarralph #53 Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

I am sure you have heard this before but I thougt it would not patter that the 95's gun was nerfed but I have found that I don't even want to play the thing any more because I can't win a battle with it and it takes to long to reload. The gun is no good for the amount of time it takes to reload and lack of damage it dows when you do hit someting.

I am very disappointed.

Community Pledge Signer

Revo1976 #54 Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:44 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20002 battles
The thing is, everybody thinks that WG cares about what the players think but in reality, they dont give two squirts of piss about what any or all players think! They know people are gonna continue to throw money at them, and if they leave, who cares three more rejects will take their place. These tools wont fix all the stupid problems with the game, introduce new lines of complete garbage, absolutely ruin tanks with their [edited]Russian biased nerfs, its getting extremely pathetic!

Uncle Revo says:    "Now remember kids, Pillage first, then Burn!"

ObjX #55 Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8219 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View PostRevo1976, on 03 March 2015 - 05:44 AM, said:

The thing is, everybody thinks that WG cares about what the players think but in reality, they dont give two squirts of piss about what any or all players think! They know people are gonna continue to throw money at them, and if they leave, who cares three more rejects will take their place. These tools wont fix all the stupid problems with the game, introduce new lines of complete garbage, absolutely ruin tanks with their [edited]Russian biased nerfs, its getting extremely pathetic!

Ok but here is the thing about that which you do not realize as a developer, Alo8ight is just one good example of what hard work and deadication it takes to run this kind of company. These men and women work at Wargamming contact developers in another country to get updates rolling to what makes a fair and balanced game, all while this is happening they have their lifes that they attend to and also some fridays they can manage to come in game and battle with us. Now if they truely did not give any care they would not battle with us becuase coming in game with us is them seing first hand the issues that we all mention in the forums. Yes there are a lot of noobs and tools that play this game just like any MMO game that is free to play and yes there are people that input money into the game to have better items and vechiles but in the long run noob money still helps make this game better.I myself ObjX have put about 57$ ino the Blitz game which is strange becuase in WOT PC version i only spent about 14$. I believe the reason for that is becuase I needed three premium vechiles so I could get my grind time down while using the rest of the gold on slots and exp conversion. I am going for the Obj 704 that I played in the PC and I already know the russian TD line likes its my good olf friend. So yes I may not be grinding the days away like those who do not have the money. But I still play to the best of my ability and try to help all teams Play stronger. And for those who think that Wargamming doesnt care.... there will always be one team that loses each battle that is pure math behind that the company is just working to give you the best odds it can to be a great tanker. The rest is up to you.

TIER X: E50M FV215B Object268 TIER IX: T54 Object 704 T30 TIER VIII: Indien Panzer Panther II Premiums: AT15A T34 T2Light

Craigditz #56 Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6912 battles
Noting during play that there is a lot more lag with this update than previous ones.  Just came from a battle where I drove through a rock, only to find myself two seconds later halfway across the map.  Tank then froze for several seconds.  Next thing I know, I am destroyed.  Very frustrating.  Are there others having this issue?

ObjX #57 Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8219 battles
  • [SW4RM]

View PostCraigditz, on 07 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Noting during play that there is a lot more lag with this update than previous ones.  Just came from a battle where I drove through a rock, only to find myself two seconds later halfway across the map.  Tank then froze for several seconds.  Next thing I know, I am destroyed.  Very frustrating.  Are there others having this issue?

I found a really good way to counter lag is to quickly turn your wifi off then back on realyl quick for instance. I have the LG G3 and when ever my ping goes above 95 I drop down the menu on my phone to the quick actions hit the wifi off then back on right after and it auto connects to my wifi.. That fixs my lag every single time

KAOS1972 #58 Posted 09 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14893 battles
  • [SBA]
Game lag is at or worse as before prior update when many many many many many many many (enough many's to make point) complained about lag. Last update fixed it quite a bit. Now it's unplayable again. 

BearCatmaximus #59 Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65819 battles
  • [III]

A couple items with this update:

1. I've seen a Capture attempt go to 100 heard the winning sound then watched my platoon mate get killed After a beat and we lost.

2. Game ended in draw but several(5-8seconds) went by were my opponent and I were still shooting.

3. Recently I've been kicked out of the app completely. My ping was fine, connection good. Usually after game is over.

4. My Gold @3300 disappeared! And no I didn't exchange it for free xp or any rookie [edited]. I'm still waiting for an answer. All my tanks still have the extra earned xp as well.

Other then that update has been great! 

"If at first you don't succeed, then they must be hackers!" :D

txgnslinger #60 Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25909 battles
  • [XREGS]
Think all the American tanks and new td line could use a bit more armor. My t30 gets shredded by low tier 6-7 mediums from the front. This is becoming stupid.  T-30 reloads super slow but does great damage. But with the non existent armor and slow reload it's becoming a bad joke!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users