Jump to content


How and where to go hull-down?

hull down

  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

eutectix #21 Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14385 battles
  • 376
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015
T29 is great in blitz because no arty and with a few tanks behind you nothing will dislodge you from those "Few" hull down spots. You don't even have to hull down with it as top tier, side scrape around a building, hide behind a rock only exposing tracks, or even use enemies dead tanks to hide hull. almost 200 pen at tier 7 decent alpha 10 degrees gun depression just get out of here it is OP.

Ksftwe #22 Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22867 battles
  • 4,222
  • [PURPL]
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostSuperdeadpool, on 07 April 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

T29 is bad in Blitz because there are few hull down positions and the only good things about T29 are the gun, the turret armor, and the speed.

 

I'll have whatever this guy's having.


 

Tier XObj 268, T-62AT110E3, E 100, T110E5FV4202IS-7FV215bObj 140, Jg Pz E 100M48 PattonE 50 MT110E4Leopard 1T57 HeavyIS-4

 

~ How Do I Shoot?™ ~


Player_5773117413 #23 Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 23520 battles
  • 6,155
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostKsftwe, on 09 April 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

 

I'll have whatever this guy's having.

 

I wish I had such an easy life too

Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

T34/T3(1776) got buffed hard. I paid $$$ for that @&#%£¥ so WG better not realize their mistake and nerf it back to Tier 8

Bring Back Stealy!


bigpoppadaddy #24 Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

    There's only one real Daddy, and that's ME!

  • Players
  • 51894 battles
  • 1,273
  • [COD-X]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

 

Sorry its.....

....just kidding.


I Love it when you call me Big Poppa, I love it when she calls me Big Daddy!

 

 


 


Chipthed0g #25 Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:53 AM

    3 de Asada Con Todo

  • Players
  • 44902 battles
  • 5,929
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014
I use the consumable "excavator" when in trounle inhit the icon and a holemis dug so i can hide the hill. Beware, only works in open flat places.

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/9hueM6u.png' href='http://i.imgur.com/9hueM6u.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9hueM6u.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9...9hueM6u.png</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9...M6u.png</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9...png</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/9.../a></a></a></a></a>

3.8 is BOHICA.  Spare parts/equipment ripoff victim. Honor system resistance member. 


Asiaticus #26 Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16323 battles
  • 2,871
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

View Posteutectix, on 09 April 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

T29 is great in blitz because no arty and with a few tanks behind you nothing will dislodge you from those "Few" hull down spots. You don't even have to hull down with it as top tier, side scrape around a building, hide behind a rock only exposing tracks, or even use enemies dead tanks to hide hull. almost 200 pen at tier 7 decent alpha 10 degrees gun depression just get out of here it is OP.

 

This. T29 is amazing in Blitz if played well.

Edited by Asiaticus, 18 April 2015 - 01:26 PM.


Bobthebob5 #27 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21275 battles
  • 1,001
  • [DFNT]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014
Actually with the panther line hull down is a bad idea

 

Proud tank destroyer commander of the clan Defiant

"You can't break the untouchable, and you can't touch the unbreakable"-Bob


Player_5773117413 #28 Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 23520 battles
  • 6,155
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostChipthed0g, on 18 April 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

I use the consumable "excavator" when in trounle inhit the icon and a holemis dug so i can hide the hill. Beware, only works in open flat places.

 

I just use the consumable "force field". Protects my tanks from almost all of reds rounds. Too bad it only lasts 30 seconds.

 

View PostBobthebob5, on 18 April 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Actually with the panther line hull down is a bad idea

 

Pits not as bad as you think. The upgraded turret has 120mm if armor on the face plus the sides are sloped back at a very steep angle, not to mention the face itself is pretty narrow. The gun can also depress reasonably and if you have the long gun then you can take a "snap shot" by rolling over the crest then backwards and firing when the gun "snaps" up and down during the movement.

 

Basically, if you can hull down in the Panther, you may very well be able to hold of shots from some tier 5s and 6s, maybe even a few 7s.


Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

T34/T3(1776) got buffed hard. I paid $$$ for that @&#%£¥ so WG better not realize their mistake and nerf it back to Tier 8

Bring Back Stealy!


AmmorackedIS6 #29 Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:34 AM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 18888 battles
  • 4,711
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postpanthertankerv, on 08 March 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

Hi,

 

I was wondering where to go hull down? For example, on my Panther, I prefer to expose only the turret, as the armor just... isn't there.  Same as to my imaginary T29 that I'm about to get.  I know on Falls Creek the bridge is a good hull down for the T29, but where can I go hull-down for Panther, as its kinda short .

Welcome! I'm actually making a series of map guides that show good hull down spots, and common firing lanes. 


Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 


Player_5773117413 #30 Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:57 AM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 23520 battles
  • 6,155
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostShawk_91, on 24 May 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Welcome! I'm actually making a series of map guides that show good hull down spots, and common firing lanes. 

 

first spot to mention on those guides: copperfield; east spawn; north hill, top one, that little trench. 

Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

T34/T3(1776) got buffed hard. I paid $$$ for that @&#%£¥ so WG better not realize their mistake and nerf it back to Tier 8

Bring Back Stealy!


AmmorackedIS6 #31 Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 18888 battles
  • 4,711
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postkewlstory, on 24 May 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

 

first spot to mention on those guides: copperfield; east spawn; north hill, top one, that little trench. 

 

at the bottom of the hill? I was hinting that was more of a mid game to end game place? Then again, I always seem to end up on south spawn.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 


Player_5773117413 #32 Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:17 AM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 23520 battles
  • 6,155
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostShawk_91, on 24 May 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

 

at the bottom of the hill? I was hinting that was more of a mid game to end game place? Then again, I always seem to end up on south spawn.

 

maybe I got my map names confused. I'm referring to the map that has those two overlooking cliffs then the little valley with the factory and cap in the middle. There are spawns opposite of each other on one of the hills. One spawn has the advantage of a wonderful little trench that covers the lower hull, sometimes even entire hull, of tanks advancing on that hill. 

Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

T34/T3(1776) got buffed hard. I paid $$$ for that @&#%£¥ so WG better not realize their mistake and nerf it back to Tier 8

Bring Back Stealy!


AmmorackedIS6 #33 Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 18888 battles
  • 4,711
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postkewlstory, on 24 May 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

 

maybe I got my map names confused. I'm referring to the map that has those two overlooking cliffs then the little valley with the factory and cap in the middle. There are spawns opposite of each other on one of the hills. One spawn has the advantage of a wonderful little trench that covers the lower hull, sometimes even entire hull, of tanks advancing on that hill. 

Hmm. Maybe we can toon and you can show me?


Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 


Player_5773117413 #34 Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 23520 battles
  • 6,155
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostShawk_91, on 24 May 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Hmm. Maybe we can toon and you can show me?

 

sure I'll add you in game tommorrow

Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

T34/T3(1776) got buffed hard. I paid $$$ for that @&#%£¥ so WG better not realize their mistake and nerf it back to Tier 8

Bring Back Stealy!


Player_5773117413 #35 Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:41 AM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 23520 battles
  • 6,155
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

That spot near the t44. It has that little ditch and and a sudden rise that covers tank hulls. (Random Google image, not my pic)

Spoiler

 


Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

T34/T3(1776) got buffed hard. I paid $$$ for that @&#%£¥ so WG better not realize their mistake and nerf it back to Tier 8

Bring Back Stealy!


AmmorackedIS6 #36 Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

    "LGoW" --Random Pub

  • Players
  • 18888 battles
  • 4,711
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View Postkewlstory, on 24 May 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

That spot near the t44. It has that little ditch and and a sudden rise that covers tank hulls. (Random Google image, not my pic)

Spoiler

 

Oh! Ok. I was thinking that was more of a last stand location, and my maps are for more early game if that makes sense


Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

 


Str8UpJack #37 Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14518 battles
  • 1,659
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Postpanthertankerv, on 09 March 2015 - 12:27 AM, said:

Hi,

 

I was wondering where to go hull down? For example, on my Panther, I prefer to expose only the turret, as the armor just... isn't there.  Same as to my imaginary T29 that I'm about to get.  I know on Falls Creek the bridge is a good hull down for the T29, but where can I go hull-down for Panther, as its kinda short .

 

One good way to help determine if you are in a good hull down position is when you are viewing the battle field in sniper view.. you want to just be able to peek over the terrain to put the reticle on your target.. that will tell you that just your turret is exposed, assuming you have properly placed the entire hull behind the terrain feature you are using for getting hull down.

 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack - Wargaming has screwed over the veteran and paying players of BLITZ.. they are now offering Supertester status, Victory is back up for sale, deep gold discounts for bypassing timers... all these are designed to break the player's will to keep their wallet closed.. There will be more such offers all designed to continue to wear down the conviction of players.  Don't let anyone tell you sticking to your guns and not spending won't work... it will if you hold your ground.


AudioAmmunition #38 Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:29 PM

    HESHSlingingSplasher

  • Players
  • 13986 battles
  • 3,401
  • [GRIM]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostStr8UpJack, on 25 May 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

 

One good way to help determine if you are in a good hull down position is when you are viewing the battle field in sniper view.. you want to just be able to peek over the terrain to put the reticle on your target.. that will tell you that just your turret is exposed, assuming you have properly placed the entire hull behind the terrain feature you are using for getting hull down.

 

You can also use the lookout bar to rotate around your tank to check.

Player_5773117413 #39 Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

    Professional Tinfoil Hatter

  • Players
  • 23520 battles
  • 6,155
  • [IRD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostShawk_91, on 25 May 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

Oh! Ok. I was thinking that was more of a last stand location, and my maps are for more early game if that makes sense

 

If I spawn on this side and I'm in a heavy or TD, or sometimes even a med with a well protected turret, I rush there first to check reds coming from the other side of the hill. It's a really unfair advantage to the team from this spawn, since red has no similar hull down location nearby and they have to resort to peek a booming from the other side.


Now @ 15 Tier 10s: E50M, E100, FV215B, FV4202, IS-4, IS-7, JagdPanzer E100, M48 Patton, Obj. 140, Obj. 268, STB-1, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T-62A

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

T34/T3(1776) got buffed hard. I paid $$$ for that @&#%£¥ so WG better not realize their mistake and nerf it back to Tier 8

Bring Back Stealy!


ChaoticSpider #40 Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:47 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18692 battles
  • 174
  • [MOMB]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2015

View PostStr8UpJack, on 09 March 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

To find Hull down positions you want to check your positioning through sniper view.. You can think you are hull down in 3rd person but verify it by switching to sniper view and you want your reticle to just peak over the terrain you are behind.  That will verify that it's just the top of your turret poking over and that you are in the best hull down positioning you can achieve. 

Interesting fact, thanks for the tip. I usually use the slide bar to flip my 3rd person camera view around. This trick seems a bit easier and yoh don't have to take to your eyes off the action.


Order unlocked: T110E5, IS-7, T110E4 & STB-1.

Anyone have some spare credits, send my way please and thanks.

Signature tanks T34 & Type 59. Visit us at http://www.momworldorder.com






Also tagged with hull down

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users