I am getting no enjoyment whatsoever...

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

_TheGypsyDog #1 Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11404 battles
  • [SRT-]
Wargaming have done something to Blitz (I dont know what) that has taken all the enjoyment out of it. Today I have done 53 games, 5 draws, 38 losses and you do the math for the last one. The amount of bad players, lag and focus fire is annoying the absolute **** out of me. But I think I know the problem but If I say it I will be starting a new thread which will get me pounded by my clan peers. Anyway Im leaving for a while because well...  Screw this, why play a game that you don't enjoy?

The Grandmaster is Back!!!

Puganaut_ #2 Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

Before you go, a little recipe for our favourite dish, fun. 

*Acquire a T18

*Acquire a decent platoonmate

*Smash some tier 1-2s

*???

*Enjoyment. 

Sorry to hear that you've lost interest, hopefully we'll see you back sometime. 

Edited by Puganaut_, 15 March 2015 - 09:23 AM.

I use my game center account for WoTB, so disregard the non-existent battle count. 

Signed the Community Pledge by Integrity125. 

n_iulian #3 Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
This was the worst weekend ever, only turret moving players and fail platoons afther fails platoons, I got 3 draws almoust in a row because the teams were camping in base.

Zammerchat #4 Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3943 battles
Ill go get my violin ahaha 

THE LIN KUEI IS DEAD

patman_ct #5 Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27465 battles
  • [III-S]
GypsyDog is dead on.  Three days of playing and I'm winning around 15% of the time.  As a player with close to 10,000 battles and a 53% win rate (and dropping fast) something has changed recently. Check all of the forums, this theme of long losing streaks and unhappy players is everywhere,  WOTB will notice when players keep quiting the game and stop spending.  Are you listening WOTB???  There are a lot of us that have had it.

Aivris #6 Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]

That's unfortunate to hear, but I agree - when things are becoming too stressful, it's best to take a break. 

Best of luck for the future and hopefully you return to better times. :honoring:

AASHKC #7 Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14466 battles
  • [MOM5]

View PostTheGypsyDog, on 15 March 2015 - 04:01 AM, said:

Wargaming have done something to Blitz (I dont know what) that has taken all the enjoyment out of it. Today I have done 53 games, 5 draws, 38 losses and you do the math for the last one. The amount of bad players, lag and focus fire is annoying the absolute **** out of me. But I think I know the problem but If I say it I will be starting a new thread which will get me pounded by my clan peers. Anyway Im leaving for a while because well...  Screw this, why play a game that you don't enjoy?

Correct!

View Postpatman_ct, on 15 March 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

GypsyDog is dead on.  Three days of playing and I'm winning around 15% of the time.  As a player with close to 10,000 battles and a 53% win rate (and dropping fast) something has changed recently. Check all of the forums, this theme of long losing streaks and unhappy players is everywhere,  WOTB will notice when players keep quiting the game and stop spending.  Are you listening WOTB???  There are a lot of us that have had it.

Correct!

View PostPuganaut_, on 15 March 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

*Acquire a T18

*Smash some tier 1-2s

*???

*Enjoyment. 

So no acknowledgment of the facts? Just ''tah-tah?''

View PostFog_Cruiser_Australia, on 15 March 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

That's unfortunate to hear, but I agree - when things are becoming too stressful, it's best to take a break. 

Best of luck for the future and hopefully you return to better times. :honoring:

The psychologist:)

My Device (Android)Samsung Galaxy Note Pro--12.2''

Clan: Proud to be a M.O.M

Looney-Tooners founded by myself & Acrisis

StrykerGameZ #8 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6888 battles
  • [LEDE]
Hmm.... I thought wargaming did something to the game to make it easier.... My winrate is steadily going up and I've been getting such good game since the update :amazed:

I believe that one day I shall be at the top of the food chain in WOT with my very own little clan

Stryker                   :child:                       Striiker

christian1470 #9 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39201 battles

View PostPuganaut_, on 15 March 2015 - 04:22 AM, said:

*Acquire a T18

*Smash some tier 1-2s

*???

*Enjoyment. 

I am doing the seal clubbing thing less. My T18 stays parked, and I barely take out my T2Light. Why? I'm starting to feel bad for the seals. I'd hate to be steamrolled by a couple pros, or even one, while trying to learn how to play the damn game. I've moved on. Now, seal clubbing for me is the T1Heavy, or something similar. Chance I'll see tier 7, and not much worry against tiers 5&6.

And yes, one can successfully club seals in a T2Light.   :)

_TheGypsyDog #10 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11404 battles
  • [SRT-]
I have decided not to leave thanks to some sparta members that picked me up from my feet. But I will defiantly not play on a weekend. Which is hard because my monday afternoon is your sunday night

The Grandmaster is Back!!!

RiezMich #11 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4719 battles

View PostTheGypsyDog, on 15 March 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

I have decided not to leave thanks to some sparta members that picked me up from my feet. But I will defiantly not play on a weekend. Which is hard because my monday afternoon is your sunday night

where do you live Gypsy? I often see you in game when it's 6pm Here in the Philippines :)

acrisis #12 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]

Having 10:2 losses ... last night, followed by another two losses in platoon, and then another five battles won three in a row. 

As I said in my 3x weeeknd goodbye WR topic, gameplay on Fri and Sat has been some of the worst ever, if you can't hit the multiplier 3x in three four or even five battles in the tank you are grinding. Try it again half a day later ... same deal, another three losses. The only time I remeber this bad was one some multiplier premium days when I was new to the game, and didn't care, I just played for silver with the five (average all things considered) tanks in my garage, exit to garage, diff tank, diff tank, repeat, ... Lose five six seven win two. Etc. But anyway.

This type of weekend is just not for me anymore. 

You want to grind some modules, or xp,towards the next tank, make some silver, instead you lose credits and get a mere 100-300xp at a time. Enjoyment factor zero. Frustration factor 100.

Fortunately I was able to end the bad luck stretch last night with a forum member on a positive note, after an initial disaster battle and then one where we lost because RNG fubarred FOUR consecutive IS shots on a VK with <100hp left. Two AP two APCR, dead on centered. Bounced, didnt even scratch them ... 300dmg or whatever rounds?!  I felt infitessimally small and embarrassed ... as one shot should've done him in, move on to last red 2:1, but no.

It has just been bad teams all the way around, starting with a huge number of campers, a big number of plyers who refuse to go to the crucial hitbox area that decides win or lose, OP red teams with avg WR of 52 against green's 47 WR ... Oh and being in +2 battles 75 % of the time! So your contirbution and damage factor is severely hampered ... like trying to hold off the whole red VII VI V army at the bridge on falls creek with two V while the rest of the lemmings ran for cap ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

_ENO_ #13 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7217 battles

I think we're all losing a bunch because we're playing the way we always did... We stubbornly hold onto our conventional tactics and expect the plethora of transients during their one month charge on the game to follow suit. 

Idiots with 400 battles calling games and other idiots following them with their 30% win rates... and what do we do? Naturally resist that urge since it's essentially subscribing to stupidity and head off to do the "right" thing instead of embracing the meat cushion that we could be using for our own protection. 

I can't speak for everyone- but I continue to find myself and my platoon mate making the same mistake. We're playing the game the way we learned to for 5000+ missions- some upwards of 12000... playing with people who have 1/10th that exposure to the game yet expecting too much from them. Playing with the wild cards has actually changed the repetitive nature of the game and while enormously frustrating has simultaneously rejuvenated that challenge.

Prompt_N_Critical #14 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 49267 battles
um, i killed it this weekend. yesterday after noon i went 17 wins outta 21 games, and last night i lost count of how many wins i got, all in tier ten too. i have found tier ten to be the worst, but this weekend i was on teams with a clue.

Firefly_1026 #15 Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:59 PM

King of Smurf and Seals

• Players
  • 23124 battles
  • [DFNT]
Damn, this weekend was bad for everyone. Whenever I am on a losing streak I just T1 Cunningham everything for like 50 battles, my winrate is back up, and I'm happy, and I get fun from it too.

KFCOFMadgascar #16 Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7007 battles
I lost 12 games in row in my SU-152 and then i just sold it cmon wargaming

8/30/14-3/4/16

Red_Ping #17 Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23015 battles
Don't play Tier 10 on weekends ! better spend time grinding some credits in tier 8 prem . 07

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.           

beancurd127 #18 Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15248 battles

Cant look at it from a few battles or days perspective.  If u afk every game, wr should still be in low 30's.  So if you're lower than that recently, it's probably bad luck.  If u look at it over a longer duration, the wr trend shouldn't be so bad.  I've played a lot (too much) this weekend, all alone.  It hasn't been too bad...not great like last weekend, but not bad.  And I've had bad weekends as well of course.. But just look ai it from a longer perspective.. It's not so bad

Tier 10: E100, E50M, FV215b, FV4202, IS-7,Obj 268, T-62A

Working On: E5

tedg5 #19 Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 48527 battles
  • [AGOGO]
I Agree with the overall terrible game play on 3x weekends. Can't believe number of times I watch remaining campers, or other lags, do stupid things at end, I know it's probably a loss at that point but come on, at least try. Or worse watch our 3 v 2 advantage turn into a loss through stupid play or no support to the one trying (sometimes it's me!). 

Armour77 #20 Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41150 battles
  • [RATS]

This, undoubtedly, has been the worst weekend ever for this game.  The number of players who just camp (not TD's, I'm talking heavies and mediums) and who rushed to the cap circle was incredible.

I hate it when I see a T54 rush to cap, taking his tank and armour out of the game, and then do nothing but die, wondering why, when he's been in the circle for 3 minutes, he has not won the game because the counter keeps resetting.

Or camping Tiger II and Ferdinands.

Let this nightmare end. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users