• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

BearHawkMan #41 Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7701 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostAASHKC, on 15 March 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

It may be complaining,  but it's also the place to talk to each other trying to help each other out and cool each other out. Your advice is okay, but your smart mouth is discouraging. Your, ''So just own up to it....'' remark implies stupidity. Own up to your treatment of others! 

Just pointing out the facts, as blunt as they may be. I admit it, I am a pretty average joe, only 58% win rate, and I learn to live with it. The faster people realize that, the more happy you will be. Same goes for bad players, rng, etc.

Edited by BearHawkMan, 15 March 2015 - 05:51 PM.

YouTube: Here | Old Sig: Here

Come watch me play video games LIVE at twitch.tv/bearhawkman

acrisis #42 Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]

I know you've probably worked hard to reach the level you're at in blitz, but being in the 90th percentile is hardly average. Point well taken that we all can't be winners, and I'll extend that into as more llayers get better it may be impossible to keep the same win rate; but that doesn't mean losing streaks and extremely bad gameplay such as this weekend should be taken as fun or entertainment. I'm ok half glass full, not with winning one out of five or six. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

ilyathegreat01 #43 Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7547 battles

View PostBearHawkMan, on 15 March 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

Just pointing out the facts, as blunt as they may be. I admit it, I am a pretty average joe, only 58% win rate, and I learn to live with it. The faster people realize that, the more happy you will be. Same goes for bad players, rng, etc.

Dude lol. Not sure if you're trying to be humble but a 58% WR is not really the average, if it was these complaints wouldn't exist ;).

edp33 #44 Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

felt exactly the same as OP, played 40 games maybe last night, with only around 10 wins rest all losses a few draws.  Usually win 3 in 5 games.  Kept playing through to the early hours of the morning falsely thinking perhaps the lower win rate players would go to bed with no success, then a friend signed on, platooned for 20 games and won 19, lost 1.

It i play bad then I know I can improve in the next few games or leave it till later, but if I'm carrying the team but keep running into fail platoons, and teams camping, etc, it gets really frustrating game after game, you know in the first 30 seconds if you stand a chance of winning or not

gffcom #45 Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37310 battles
  • [SRT-]

View Postilyathegreat01, on 15 March 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Dude lol. Not sure if you're trying to be humble but a 58% WR is not really the average, if it was these complaints wouldn't exist ;).

I'm 57% and I understand his perspective exactly. In the subset of players who actually try to improve and play at a high level, I'm average. Its all context. Thats how you get "average" or "bad" Division I football players, or "average" or "bad" NBA players. Compared with everyone, they are in the top percentiles, compared with their peers they are journeymen.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

someguyfromPitt #46 Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 48639 battles
  • [III]

It happens. I cycle my x3 by jumping between tiers 8/9/10 down to 5/6 after 2 losses in a row. 

I went out for St Pattys day this Saturday. I had fun and played random games but was slayed repeatedly in my T30. I'll earn back a couple games and get the 5 wins I need to offset the 5 game loss streak. 

Its all in moderation. Here are some helpful facts I know...  

Don't grind top tiers unless is 5 am to noon eastern time on weekends. It's when I grind new lines. 

Look at the counter for players in game.

- Over 5,000 people playing means a possible Tato' salad.

- With 8000 players has a risk of 80% tatoes 

- Over 10,000 players mean the a idiots are on parade. Play at your own risk or only with clan mates. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

ilyathegreat01 #47 Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:48 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7547 battles

View Postgffcom, on 15 March 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'm 57% and I understand his perspective exactly. In the subset of players who actually try to improve and play at a high level, I'm average. Its all context. Thats how you get "average" or "bad" Division I football players, or "average" or "bad" NBA players. Compared with everyone, they are in the top percentiles, compared with their peers they are journeymen.

Fair enough, but NBA players aren't playing with high school basketball weekend warriors, where as here...we are lol.

Camoisland #48 Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8297 battles

View Postn_iulian, on 15 March 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

This was the worst weekend ever, only turret moving players and fail platoons afther fails platoons, I got 3 draws almoust in a row because the teams were camping in base.

get a Matilda 

its the best thing ever

acrisis #49 Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]
Yeah but matilda (or any other strong tank) doesn't help me grind xp in the tanks I need it in! :/

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Spekulatius #50 Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31558 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostENO75, on 15 March 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

I think we're all losing a bunch because we're playing the way we always did... We stubbornly hold onto our conventional tactics and expect the plethora of transients during their one month charge on the game to follow suit. 

Idiots with 400 battles calling games and other idiots following them with their 30% win rates... and what do we do? Naturally resist that urge since it's essentially subscribing to stupidity and head off to do the "right" thing instead of embracing the meat cushion that we could be using for our own protection. 

I can't speak for everyone- but I continue to find myself and my platoon mate making the same mistake. We're playing the game the way we learned to for 5000+ missions- some upwards of 12000... playing with people who have 1/10th that exposure to the game yet expecting too much from them. Playing with the wild cards has actually changed the repetitive nature of the game and while enormously frustrating has simultaneously rejuvenated that challenge.

I Have the same problem than some members here, my WR is precipitously  dropping, while my gameplay is same as ever and that may be the problem. I actually think that you are right and one sorts of needs to become part of the stupidity and going to cap in Rockfield, rather than alone to the bunkers, if the team decides so, just to put out a specific situation that occurred to me quite a few times.. It's stupid and may not win the game, but it beats getting killed while defending the bunkers alone. When you are with the team (even as it does something stupid) you can do something, but alone, you can't.

Maybe we need to think of this like a Tier 1-2 battle with Tier 7-10 tanks and act accordingly. I decided to take a break too and play way less or not at all, and try apply new approach in pub games when I get back again.

Community pledge signer

patman_ct #51 Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27465 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostBearHawkMan, on 15 March 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

Maybe it's because you are, well, bad? Not everyone can be Nutellanism, so just own up to it instead of complaining here. Find a decent platoon mate at your level, not better than you because you want to perform just as well as they do, not get carried.

That was my first thought, and my second.  But, after thinking about it, it did not make a lot of sense that poor play alone is the culprit.  so, your response begs a question, or two. If I have achieved a 53.5% win ratio over the course of say 9700ish battles over 8 months, having started in the low 40's, how is it possible to drop to 53.16 in 100ish battles (that's roughly less than 1% of my total battle count) over 4 days?  And, at least 75% of those losses I was highest or second highest score on the team? I did not change my style of play in that time period.   And, I've tried all different tiers from II to X.  I really try to be objective and freely admit I'm far from the top, but, poor play does not logically explain the sudden precipitous drop, I certainly did not improve the score that quickly.  I would really like a clear explaination from WOTB as to how MM is suposed to work. There is a lot of speculation in the forums, but no WOTB generated content on the matter that I can find.  

Puganaut_ #52 Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

@AASHKC In regards to my post's lacklustre acknowledgment of the facts, I left that to you guys. Considering I got to it <30 minutes after the OP, I felt that time was of the essence to some degree. 

Anyways, back to thread. Recently there seems to be something in the pub matches, I agree. I've found the only remedy seems to be using "good" tanks and using them conservatively. Hard sidescraping with heavies, holding back with tds, and CoD/wolfpack with mediums has kept my admittedly unexceptional win rate pretty steady. Just my 2c. 

Edited by Puganaut_, 17 March 2015 - 03:44 AM.

I use my game center account for WoTB, so disregard the non-existent battle count. 

Signed the Community Pledge by Integrity125. 

PikeNose #53 Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9328 battles
  • [DD-R]

There are some fundamental flaws in this game that have just about soured the milk completely for me.  This weekend, and even yesterday, just brought those issues to the forefront:

1.  Fail platoons.  It seems like it's getting worse by the day.

2.  MM.  In at least 10 matches this weekend (maybe more) I was on a team with something like this:  2 IX's, 3 VIII's, 2 VII's (I was one of these).  Up against:  4 IX's, 2 VIII's, 1 VII.  Yeah, didn't win any of those.

3.  People holding shots, camping, blocking your retreat, running in front of your shot, etc.  I quit last night after watching a Cromwell literally sit behind a Tiger II that was taking it to me in my IS-6.  I was already beat up from trying to carry the battle...and this guy waits, never shoots...until I get the Tiger II down to a one shot kill...the Tiger kills me, and then the Cromwell finally killed him.  I'd have survived with that [edited]'s help.

4.  Horrible, really bad players aka potatoes.  I understand this is a casual game to some, but when I see a high tier premium hiding in the back of the map or a E-75 YOLO into a nest of 5 tanks...I just have to shake my head.  I have to think that clan wars could fix this, but in the meantime it's beyond frustrating when your trying to improve your stats enough to get into a clan.  Some sort of skill based matchmaking would be a Godsend.

Yeah, I'm btching because I've invested time and $$$ in a game that doesn't appear interested in investing back into me, as a semi-serious player.  I've got a 56+%, 1.65 kill/death, etc so I'm not a great player but I'm not a scrub either.  

OK, rant over.  

TCBinaflash1190 #54 Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24878 battles

Saturday: I carried hard and killed 4 tanks in my T20  before I croaked in a tier 8 matchup.

A Centurion 1 with 12....yes  12 health killed my last 3 teammates each of them had at least 300 or 2 plus shots of health left.

/Thread

DrWho_1 #55 Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16467 battles

View Postpatman_ct, on 16 March 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

That was my first thought, and my second.  But, after thinking about it, it did not make a lot of sense that poor play alone is the culprit.  so, your response begs a question, or two. If I have achieved a 53.5% win ratio over the course of say 9700ish battles over 8 months, having started in the low 40's, how is it possible to drop to 53.16 in 100ish battles (that's roughly less than 1% of my total battle count) over 4 days?  And, at least 75% of those losses I was highest or second highest score on the team? I did not change my style of play in that time period.   And, I've tried all different tiers from II to X.  I really try to be objective and freely admit I'm far from the top, but, poor play does not logically explain the sudden precipitous drop, I certainly did not improve the score that quickly.  I would really like a clear explaination from WOTB as to how MM is suposed to work. There is a lot of speculation in the forums, but no WOTB generated content on the matter that I can find.

"how is it possible to drop to 53.16 in 100ish battles".......

Unless I am mistaken your WR% is simple math.

Taking the stated values above your baseline for # of victories based on total battles of 9,700 * .535 (53.5% WR) = 5,190 wins over those 9,700 games

Now in 4 days you played 100 additional games and your WR% went down to 53.16% lets look at that.....

9,800 * .5316 (53.16% WR) = 5,210 wins.

5,210 - 5,190 = 20 additional wins

You played 100 games,  won 20 and lost/drawn 80 result WR% reduced .34%

Edited by DrWho_1, 17 March 2015 - 06:53 PM.

epMNasu.gif
 "If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail"

- Abraham Maslow

"Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard"

- The Doctor (Tom Baker)

face4star #56 Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34833 battles
  • [-XPD-]

View PostTheGypsyDog, on 15 March 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Wargaming have done something to Blitz (I dont know what) that has taken all the enjoyment out of it. Today I have done 53 games, 5 draws, 38 losses and you do the math for the last one. The amount of bad players, lag and focus fire is annoying the absolute **** out of me. But I think I know the problem but If I say it I will be starting a new thread which will get me pounded by my clan peers. Anyway Im leaving for a while because well...  Screw this, why play a game that you don't enjoy?

WinRate supression is real. My CENT winrate dropped from 70% to 59% over two days. Battles where enemy team has six tier X and my team has 3 plus you are a tier 8. What enjoyment ? Every second battle my team missing one or a few top level tanks. How can it be random ? Screw it. I am going to start reading books. There is a better way to spend my free time.

Edited by face4stas, 17 March 2015 - 07:18 PM.

acrisis #57 Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]

My past weekend WR was for several of stretches in the 20% range, lose 5 to 6 in two tanks, win one, lose more.

Was only able to recover some by platooning with a buddy, and then we'd typically be the last two alive and/or have the most damage of the team. 

And I have several tanks that I'm riding for extra XP to get to the next one in line, which were sitting at or above 60% WR. Dropped precipitously to 50% WR and below.   Still have one brand new elited tank I can't get above ~40%. 

BE  (+)   

patman_ct #58 Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27465 battles
  • [III-S]
I underst

View PostDrWho_1, on 17 March 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

Taking the stated values above your baseline for # of victories based on total battles of 9,700 * .535 (53.5% WR) = 5,190 wins over those 9,700 games

Now in 4 days you played 100 additional games and your WR% went down to 53.16% lets look at that.....

Yes, I know the math.  The question is rhetorical, how can such a drastic change in win ratios occur over such a short time when playing style had not changed. Can you explain that?  It looks like Match maker as the results are outside of the law of averages.

NosTermite #59 Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3352 battles
Iv been saying for awhile now, wot needs to have mm based of wr or some other type of bracket. For example league of legends ranked matches, a diamond player won't get matched with a bronze. 

gffcom #60 Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

REDACTED

• Players
  • 37310 battles
  • [SRT-]

View PostDrWho_1, on 17 March 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

^^ Doesn't get rhetorical questions ^^

<--- should read the whole thread before replying 

Edited by gffcom, 18 March 2015 - 03:31 AM.

Xs: IS-7, IS-4, FV215b, T110E5, E100, E50M, Obj 140, T-62A, M48A1 Patton, FV4202, Leopard 1, Obj 268

SPARTA 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users