Ideas that would help wargaming gain more players, and earn more cash.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

dilusions #1 Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15554 battles

part of this is a message to the user "Alo8ight".

"Do you think in the future, there would be a way for certain qualifying community members to become chat moderators, with special privileges/rewards (i.e, weekly/daily gold/free xp/coins) but with a set state of rules and if broken, their position would be revoked?

the way to balance this is to add a better reporting function and if a user is reported a certain number of times, a real moderator, that is paid, (Alo8ight, Twilightfaze, etc.) would come and review the chat logs. To solve false reporting, users involved would be punished accordingly."

1) The friends list should be improved. Many of us have at least twenty friends and it takes about 10 seconds of scrolling just to get the the bottom/middle/etc. you could have a smaller, separate menu than displays only online friends, and another menu for offline ones, and one last menu for favorites!

2) You can add a way to earn gold! i've seen many other apps do this, much smaller, less popular games like dead trigger one and two, shadowgun, etc. The method they were using is called "tapjoy." you could add a small button on the slide out menu at the bottom to go to the tapjoy pullout and earn gold. (watch a video, download an app, etc.) but maybe add a limited number of downloads/videos or lower the rewards so people can't buy all the premium tanks in less than a day.

3) It's possible to make grinding easier without breaking the game! If you play a single tank without changing for a certain amount of time, you can make it so you earn 25% more experience/ coins per battle. (we can debate exact percents in comments) but if you select another tank, even on accident, the bonus is over, and you have to start all over again.

4) A fix for fail platoons (maybe)/or Tier one battles.(Tier one tanks only, certain higher tier premium tanks) how about giving light tanks mines, (one or two) that they could zoom ahead and place at strategic points, that would destroy the tracks, and damage the enemy tank.

5) Better chat system. How about if you tap a players name, a drop down menu comes down and gives you an option to block, friend, send platoon invite, or tag his username in your comment.

6) camouflage. i know, i know, this is everywhere, but a lot different. I have been playing another game lately, called "tanki online" and they have a camo system where there are many camos the defend against certain weapons. I believe wargaming could emulate this is by adding onto your camouflage value, only while stationary, that kicks in after five seconds of complete standstill. you can balance this so you don't have that patton in the back of the map with forest erol, not doing his job by changing the values for the size/type of tank. You can have the community build upon this as well by having users submit/vote on camos for each tank type and countries.

These are suggestions and opinions, just my two cents.  

osxuser93 #2 Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11611 battles
  • [III-Z]
I totally agree with 1 and 5. For my $0.02, I personally wouldn't be in favor of having the others changed.

On #2, I would especially not like to see this happen, much as I would crave free gold. I really appreciate that Tanks does not have any ads at all, and I'd rather see it stay that way.

Silevern #3 Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:54 AM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17628 battles

View PostDilutd, on 24 March 2015 - 08:46 PM, said:

part of this is a message to the user "Alo8ight".

"Do you think in the future, there would be a way for certain qualifying community members to become chat moderators, with special privileges/rewards (i.e, weekly/daily gold/free xp/coins) but with a set state of rules and if broken, their position would be revoked?

the way to balance this is to add a better reporting function and if a user is reported a certain number of times, a real moderator, that is paid, (Alo8ight, Twilightfaze, etc.) would come and review the chat logs. To solve false reporting, users involved would be punished accordingly."

1) The friends list should be improved. Many of us have at least twenty friends and it takes about 10 seconds of scrolling just to get the the bottom/middle/etc. you could have a smaller, separate menu than displays only online friends, and another menu for offline ones, and one last menu for favorites!

Definitely agree. The friends list is annoyingly simple and it would be great to have separate menus as you suggested.

2) You can add a way to earn gold! i've seen many other apps do this, much smaller, less popular games like dead trigger one and two, shadowgun, etc. The method they were using is called "tapjoy." you could add a small button on the slide out menu at the bottom to go to the tapjoy pullout and earn gold. (watch a video, download an app, etc.) but maybe add a limited number of downloads/videos or lower the rewards so people can't buy all the premium tanks in less than a day.

Disagree. Tapjoy is super annoying because oftentimes it fails to deliver a reward, even if it's something tedious like a 10-minute "short" survey. This would also make Wargaming lose its valuable direct customers because the Tapjoy system pays Wargaming based on how good their game is doing financially.

3) It's possible to make grinding easier without breaking the game! If you play a single tank without changing for a certain amount of time, you can make it so you earn 25% more experience/ coins per battle. (we can debate exact percents in comments) but if you select another tank, even on accident, the bonus is over, and you have to start all over again.

A fairly decent idea. I would recommend only 10% because 25% is actually quite a lot, and having too high of a ratio would sort of make Premium time useless. 

4) A fix for fail platoons (maybe)/or Tier one battles.(Tier one tanks only, certain higher tier premium tanks) how about giving light tanks mines, (one or two) that they could zoom ahead and place at strategic points, that would destroy the tracks, and damage the enemy tank.

Already going to be implemented in the next update.

5) Better chat system. How about if you tap a players name, a drop down menu comes down and gives you an option to block, friend, send platoon invite, or tag his username in your comment.

Definitely a good suggestion. I recommended that the chat menu be larger but with smaller font, and that the time before a game starts switches from 4 seconds to about 10 seconds, letting players chat a bit more before the match starts.

6) camouflage. i know, i know, this is everywhere, but a lot different. I have been playing another game lately, called "tanki online" and they have a camo system where there are many camos the defend against certain weapons. I believe wargaming could emulate this is by adding onto your camouflage value, only while stationary, that kicks in after five seconds of complete standstill. you can balance this so you don't have that patton in the back of the map with forest erol, not doing his job by changing the values for the size/type of tank. You can have the community build upon this as well by having users submit/vote on camos for each tank type and countries.

Not quite sure as to what you mean. Yes, if your tank stays still then a camouflage value kicks in, which makes you harder to detect on radio if you don't move your hull or fire your gun. 

These are suggestions and opinions, just my two cents.  

iWo1f #4 Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20775 battles
  • [RDDT]

1) Yes, please

2) No. Do not bring Tapjoy here. Its annoying, intrusive and looks ugly.

3) *by accident. And that's pretty stupid, IMO. What functionality would that serve? To make you bored of playing a tank?

4) Remove fail platoons, yes. Only premiums meeting tier 1's, no. (Makes the game P2W). Mines, no. The game is already chaotic at low tiers, plus real tanks didn't plant mines. Plus it could be used maliciously and ruin gameplay. Ex. The whole team places mines around the cap circle.

5) There already is a drop down. Tagging users? This isn't Facebook.

6) Its called a camo net.

I fail to see how any of this would get more players/more money for WG. It'd probably lose WG money and drive players away. Also, I'm not sure we need a larger playerbase. What we need is a better playerbase.

Edited by iWo1f, 25 March 2015 - 02:02 AM.

Go Big or Go Home.

osxuser93 #5 Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11611 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostiWo1f, on 24 March 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Also, I'm not sure we need a larger playerbase. What we need is a better playerbase.

^^^^ This. Yes.

Pikachu76 #6 Posted 25 March 2015 - 02:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38310 battles
  • [TITAN]

View PostiWo1f, on 24 March 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

1) Yes, please

2) No. Do not bring Tapjoy here. Its annoying, intrusive and looks ugly.

3) *by accident. And that's pretty stupid, IMO. What functionality would that serve? To make you bored of playing a tank?

4) Remove fail platoons, yes. Only premiums meeting tier 1's, no. (Makes the game P2W). Mines, no. The game is already chaotic at low tiers, plus real tanks didn't plant mines. Plus it could be used maliciously and ruin gameplay. Ex. The whole team places mines around the cap circle.

5) There already is a drop down. Tagging users? This isn't Facebook.

6) Its called a camo net.

I fail to see how any of this would get more players/more money for WG. It'd probably lose WG money and drive players away. Also, I'm not sure we need a larger playerbase. What we need is a better playerbase.

TapJoy makes games look extremely Freemium. ^^

Member of WoTB Since Day 1!

Tier 10s: Maus, FV4202, FV215b, IS-7, Object 268, T-62a, Jpz E100, E100, IS-4, E50M, Leopard 1, Object 140, FV215b (183), STB-1, Obj 263, Grille 15

Premiums: Jagdtiger 88 (2015), KV-5, T34, IS-6, IS-3 Defender, Type 59, Helsing HO, T-34-85 Rudy, Tankenstein, Panther/M10, E25 #1, Fury, Churchill III, Pz V/IV, Pz. B2, M3 Light, T-127, LTP, T2 Light, Tetrach, 

For Fun Tanks: M18 Hellcat, Ferdinand, T18, SU-152, Ltractor, T82, KV-2, Tortoise, SP I C, RU251

Tanks Under Grind: LTTB

dilusions #7 Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15554 battles

View Postosxuser93, on 24 March 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

^^^^ This. Yes.

I think its because all the good players are screwing around talking in chat and all the bad ones are in is-6's driving into water and drowning

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users