Leagues. 1000 of them. [Ranked MM]

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

BearHawkMan #1 Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7066 battles
  • [DFNT]

Haha, little joke, hope you laughed. Anyway, here is my suggestion.

Abstract

Many players wish for a skilled matchmaking. However, this is highly controversial because part of the "WoT experience" is carrying potatoes on your team to victory and completely smashing enemy potatoes. In contrast, many players do not like this COD style of MM because of the complete incompetence exuded by many of the average joes in our community. That isn't a bad thing though. A lot of people don't take this seriously. That is completely fine, it is just a video game. When in fact, players like Escalate have invested so much time and money into this that they take it very seriously, and they would prosper in a skilled MM environment. Here is my solution, leagues. Basically, you are put into a league based on how well you play in qualifiers and your previous seasons. But, this isn't the same as what is being added in 9.7 WOT, I will get into that later in the thread. So, read on!

Framework

Leagues would be set up like a cross between Clash of Clans rankings and Counter Strike: Global Offensive competitive ranks. First, you would be placed into a league. This would be ordered like this (from lowest league to highest). These are latin translations of words, it makes it sound REALLY cool and awesome. If you look them up, they correlate pretty well with their respective slots in the leagues.

- Aeris 

- Argentum

- Aurum 

- Peritus

- Diamas

Obviously, those names are subject to change, but latin makes everything sound so cool and swaggy. Like even if you are in Aeris (the lowest) it still sounds really cool. Next up, ranks. Like in csgo, there is a silver rank. But there there is Silver 1, 2, 3, 4, Elite, and Elite Master. Obviously, we aren't going to copy those exact ones. Instead, let's use more Latin. These ranks would fall under every rank EXCEPT DIAMAS. I expect only super unicums and unicums to be in Diamas, so like 100 players would be able to make this league. That doesn't mean more couldn't make it, just because the requirements would be pretty high. Again, this is from lowest to highest.

- Unum

- Duo

- Tribus

- Prope

- Dux

More latin, sounds cool, actually translates to stuff. That is what it will look like, now lets get into how you are ranked.

Ranking Process

First, you would be placed into a league (aeris, argentum, aurum, peritus, or diamas) then you would play a series of games in that league to be put into a rank. Then, the season would start. Everyone can battle at anytime, but there would be preferred times (probably evenings) just because that is when everyone is on. After a season of about 1 month, the season would total your damage and kills and average it so you can see both metrics. Next, you would be able to see how you stacked up against people in your rank, your league, your server, and the world. Obviously, not everything I am saying may be implemented, but that's why it is a suggestion. The season after that would place you in a league depending on how well you did. If you ranked 1500 for damage and 1250 for kills, you would probably be put in Peritus. Then, you would do a series of battles to be put into a rank. The only time limit for determining your rank is the whole season, and your stats don't start getting tracked for the end of the season rankings until you are placed in a rank! The biggest limitation here is tank tier. You would have to have above a tier 7 or 6 tank for the battles to actually be fair. It is hard, but we cant have T4s playing w/ T10s. Or, everyone would have to agree on a tier to use during the season. That would be up to WG>

Battles

Battles would have to be 6v6, just because less players are going to be queuing up at the same time, 6v6 would be fast, efficient, and fun. It would increase the player value and make every shot count. No, I don't think platooning would be allowed. 2op.

Rewards

This is what everyone is most excited about. The rewards would go from rank, to league, to server, to world. However, most of your prizes will come from rank, unless you do really well at worlds. If you place within the top 50% of your sub rank, you get some gold/credit/premium tank/premium time. That is up to WG. You would have to place really high in your league, server, or world to even get the smallest reward.

Conclusion

I know this is somewhat like the WOTPC thing being added in 9.7, but I like it better. I think this will bridge the gap between the stat MM and pub MM, making it fun for all! Also, you can still do pub battles instead of this mode! This would just be another option, like team battles on PC. Also, all the names of the ranks, sub ranks, and rewards are subject to change by WG.

YouTube: Here | I AM A BOY MEME

Suggestions: Ranked MM/Leagues | Friends List Improvements

Need a TS? Join @ vs26.tserverhq.com:7244 | Old Sig: Here

Come watch me play video games LIVE at twitch.tv/bearhawkman

dilusions #2 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15498 battles
  • [RNG]

+1 

Wargaming please listen

Shield380 #3 Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4171 battles
  • [LI-TR]
Hmm. I have conflicting viewpoints on this one. First, nice idea with the Latin, very creative. Second, I think that the matches wouldn't be able to be at set times because of time zone differences and jobs/school and whatnot. Third, I like the rewards idea. Fourth and final, I think this would be very hard and confusing to implement into the game. I understand what it means (for the most part) but I think implementing it would be hard. Overall, good idea and you never know, this could make it into Blitz in one form or another.

No longer active

BearHawkMan #4 Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7066 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostShield380, on 28 March 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hmm. I have conflicting viewpoints on this one. First, nice idea with the Latin, very creative. Second, I think that the matches wouldn't be able to be at set times because of time zone differences and jobs/school and whatnot. Third, I like the rewards idea. Fourth and final, I think this would be very hard and confusing to implement into the game. I understand what it means (for the most part) but I think implementing it would be hard. Overall, good idea and you never know, this could make it into Blitz in one form or another.

There is no set time. Well, one season lasts a month, which seems like plenty of time for everyone. People can enter season battles anytime they want during that month.

Shield380 #5 Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4171 battles
  • [LI-TR]

View PostBearHawkMan, on 28 March 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

There is no set time. Well, one season lasts a month, which seems like plenty of time for everyone. People can enter season battles anytime they want during that month.

Ok that sums it up better. Thanks, and +1 for the ideas!

No longer active

reluctanttheist #6 Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 19037 battles
  • [III-H]
Cool idea.  Would love to see WG do this

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

christian1470 #7 Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34866 battles
  • [III-H]
All great, until you get to unicums. Not that I have to worry about it, but 100 players is not a very large pool to choose from. I can imagine not having enough players for a match, or playing the same players over and over, because there are only twelve on at that time.

BearHawkMan #8 Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7066 battles
  • [DFNT]

View Postchristian1470, on 28 March 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

All great, until you get to unicums. Not that I have to worry about it, but 100 players is not a very large pool to choose from. I can imagine not having enough players for a match, or playing the same players over and over, because there are only twelve on at that time.

That is what I am worried about too, not enough players. WG would have to make the ranks broad enough to include enough players for matches, but still keep the skilled mm aspect of this. I think loads of people would do this because you can win stuff lol.

RAMBO357 #9 Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7968 battles
I like it

Revo1976 #10 Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20002 battles
That is a great idea! unfortunetely it is too good of an idea, and the wargamming morons wont be having none of that!

Uncle Revo says:    "Now remember kids, Pillage first, then Burn!"

t4four #11 Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:13 PM

Fix the cigarette lighter

• Players
  • 27166 battles
  • [SPUDX]
It is this kind of next level thinking that is going to make me go back to playing solitaire.

"T4, what are you doing THERE?" - Ahredstealth

The single most game changing question I have been asked in Blitz.

BearHawkMan #12 Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7066 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostRevo1976, on 28 March 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

That is a great idea! unfortunetely it is too good of an idea, and the wargamming morons wont be having none of that!

They try their hardest, it is really hard and stressful to develop a game. I see this coming 2016 at the least, just because they are probably hard at work on clan wars and new tank lines. I would rather have them completely stop making tank lines and focus on functionality and new features, like clan wars and leagues.

dilusions #13 Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15498 battles
  • [RNG]
i'll probably be quitting by the time 9.7 comes out, nothing but worthless team mates nowadays going against teams full of IS and KV type tanks

balitas #14 Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20731 battles
  • [TITAN]
Great idea. +1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users