Jump to content


Easy block? (Android)


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

farble1670 #1 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14780 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

I would love to have a one-click way to block players. Negativity and trolling are the single biggest detriment to this great game. Much less of an issue if I can quickly block that user from my screen forever.

 

Today, I have to wait until after the battle (remembering the user name hopefully), click their name in the summary screen, then click + to add them as a "friend", then click 3x to get back to the garage, then click chat, then click their name again, and pull down the menu and select block. Am I missing something?

 

Probably a much larger change, but it'd be nice if "block" also meant I'd never be in a match with that player again.

 

And finally, adding an in-game "karma" perk would be great. I.e., blocking gets you negative karma, and the perk is reduced by the number of people that have blocked you. Or something. Could work a lot of different ways.



Pikachu76 #2 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38332 battles
  • 3,002
  • [TITAN]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013
What do you mean you get "negative karma" Like you self destruct or something? Also, quit being lazy and if someone angers you enough to want to block someone, then go through those steps. Or people are going to start blocking like crazy.

   Member of WoTB Since Day 1!

Tier 10s: Maus, FV4202, FV215b, IS-7, Object 268, T-62a, Jpz E100, E100, IS-4, E50M, Leopard 1, Object 140, FV215b (183), STB-1, Obj 263, Grille 15

Premiums: Jagdtiger 88 (2015), KV-5, T34, IS-6, IS-3 Defender, Type 59, Helsing HO, T-34-85 Rudy, Tankenstein, Panther/M10, E25 #1, Fury, Churchill III, Pz V/IV, Pz. B2, M3 Light, T-127, LTP, T2 Light, Tetrach, 

For Fun Tanks: M18 Hellcat, Ferdinand, T18, SU-152, Ltractor, T82, KV-2, Tortoise, SP I C, RU251

Tanks Under Grind: LTTB


farble1670 #3 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14780 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostPikachu76, on 05 April 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

What do you mean you get "negative karma" Like you self destruct or something? Also, quit being lazy and if someone angers you enough to want to block someone, then go through those steps. Or people are going to start blocking like crazy.

 

i didn't expect my comment to make sense to someone that has no idea what karma is or means.

 

yeah, i'll stop being lazy. i'm going to go block you right now.


Edited by farble1670, 05 April 2015 - 08:58 PM.


Pikachu76 #4 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38332 battles
  • 3,002
  • [TITAN]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013

View Postfarble1670, on 05 April 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

 

i didn't expect my comment to make sense to someone that has no idea what karma is or means.

 

yeah, i'll stop being lazy. i'm going to go block you right now.

 

Cool, good for you

   Member of WoTB Since Day 1!

Tier 10s: Maus, FV4202, FV215b, IS-7, Object 268, T-62a, Jpz E100, E100, IS-4, E50M, Leopard 1, Object 140, FV215b (183), STB-1, Obj 263, Grille 15

Premiums: Jagdtiger 88 (2015), KV-5, T34, IS-6, IS-3 Defender, Type 59, Helsing HO, T-34-85 Rudy, Tankenstein, Panther/M10, E25 #1, Fury, Churchill III, Pz V/IV, Pz. B2, M3 Light, T-127, LTP, T2 Light, Tetrach, 

For Fun Tanks: M18 Hellcat, Ferdinand, T18, SU-152, Ltractor, T82, KV-2, Tortoise, SP I C, RU251

Tanks Under Grind: LTTB


JESUSLuvsYou #5 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8287 battles
  • 412
  • [DEF_7]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

Maybe you shouldn't be so butthurt, I wouldn't even want to play with you if you feel the need to go out of your way to block someone that said something "hurtfull" during the battle, you sound like you're 10.

On top of that they probably have good reason because you say you go ask often because of network change resulting in a loss DONT PLAY IF YOU CANT STAY IN A BATTLE FOR 7 MINUTES!!!



Pikachu76 #6 Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38332 battles
  • 3,002
  • [TITAN]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013

View Postfarble1670, on 05 April 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

 

i didn't expect my comment to make sense to someone that has no idea what karma is or means.

 

yeah, i'll stop being lazy. i'm going to go block you right now.

 

And yes, I know what karma is, I was asking what would happen to them.

   Member of WoTB Since Day 1!

Tier 10s: Maus, FV4202, FV215b, IS-7, Object 268, T-62a, Jpz E100, E100, IS-4, E50M, Leopard 1, Object 140, FV215b (183), STB-1, Obj 263, Grille 15

Premiums: Jagdtiger 88 (2015), KV-5, T34, IS-6, IS-3 Defender, Type 59, Helsing HO, T-34-85 Rudy, Tankenstein, Panther/M10, E25 #1, Fury, Churchill III, Pz V/IV, Pz. B2, M3 Light, T-127, LTP, T2 Light, Tetrach, 

For Fun Tanks: M18 Hellcat, Ferdinand, T18, SU-152, Ltractor, T82, KV-2, Tortoise, SP I C, RU251

Tanks Under Grind: LTTB


farble1670 #7 Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14780 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostmaxxRADD, on 05 April 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

Maybe you shouldn't be so butthurt, I wouldn't even want to play with you if you feel the need to go out of your way to block someone that said something "hurtfull" during the battle, you sound like you're 10.

On top of that they probably have good reason because you say you go ask often because of network change resulting in a loss DONT PLAY IF YOU CANT STAY IN A BATTLE FOR 7 MINUTES!!!

 

good. let me block you easily, and you won't have to play with me. everyone wins. what's your objection? you don't like me, i don't like you. you want to force us to play together?

 



farble1670 #8 Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14780 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostPikachu76, on 05 April 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

 

And yes, I know what karma is, I was asking what would happen to them.

 

no, you don't, or you didn't when you replied. your response makes no sense. it's nothing to be ashamed of. you'll probably learn about these things at least by the time you get to high school.

Pikachu76 #9 Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38332 battles
  • 3,002
  • [TITAN]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013

View Postfarble1670, on 05 April 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

 

no, you don't, or you didn't when you replied. your response makes no sense. it's nothing to be ashamed of. you'll probably learn about these things at least by the time you get to high school.

 

It would make sense If you passed high school yourself. ;P

   Member of WoTB Since Day 1!

Tier 10s: Maus, FV4202, FV215b, IS-7, Object 268, T-62a, Jpz E100, E100, IS-4, E50M, Leopard 1, Object 140, FV215b (183), STB-1, Obj 263, Grille 15

Premiums: Jagdtiger 88 (2015), KV-5, T34, IS-6, IS-3 Defender, Type 59, Helsing HO, T-34-85 Rudy, Tankenstein, Panther/M10, E25 #1, Fury, Churchill III, Pz V/IV, Pz. B2, M3 Light, T-127, LTP, T2 Light, Tetrach, 

For Fun Tanks: M18 Hellcat, Ferdinand, T18, SU-152, Ltractor, T82, KV-2, Tortoise, SP I C, RU251

Tanks Under Grind: LTTB


farble1670 #10 Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14780 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostPikachu76, on 05 April 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

 

It would make sense If you passed high school yourself. ;P

 

Sure, and by all means, don't actually explain yourself. Let me guess, you aren't going to lower yourself to my level? You aren't going to waste your precious time? It's beneath you? Anything to avoid actually having to explain how "Like you self destruct or something?" is, "like" a fitting definition of negative karma, "or something"?



Electronetic #11 Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10321 battles
  • 574
  • [GUMP]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014

View PostPikachu76, on 05 April 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

 

It would make sense If you passed high school yourself. ;P

 

Spoiler

 

 



Pikachu76 #12 Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:50 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 38332 battles
  • 3,002
  • [TITAN]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013

View Postfarble1670, on 05 April 2015 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

Sure, and by all means, don't actually explain yourself. Let me guess, you aren't going to lower yourself to my level? You aren't going to waste your precious time? It's beneath you? Anything to avoid actually having to explain how "Like you self destruct or something?" is, "like" a fitting definition of negative karma, "or something"?

 

Its your suggestion, not mine. I don't need to explain anything, you do.

   Member of WoTB Since Day 1!

Tier 10s: Maus, FV4202, FV215b, IS-7, Object 268, T-62a, Jpz E100, E100, IS-4, E50M, Leopard 1, Object 140, FV215b (183), STB-1, Obj 263, Grille 15

Premiums: Jagdtiger 88 (2015), KV-5, T34, IS-6, IS-3 Defender, Type 59, Helsing HO, T-34-85 Rudy, Tankenstein, Panther/M10, E25 #1, Fury, Churchill III, Pz V/IV, Pz. B2, M3 Light, T-127, LTP, T2 Light, Tetrach, 

For Fun Tanks: M18 Hellcat, Ferdinand, T18, SU-152, Ltractor, T82, KV-2, Tortoise, SP I C, RU251

Tanks Under Grind: LTTB


Androyce #13 Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:04 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10107 battles
  • 3,557
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View Postfarble1670, on 05 April 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

 

good. let me block you easily, and you won't have to play with me. everyone wins. what's your objection? you don't like me, i don't like you. you want to force us to play together?

 

 

Blocking doesn't keep people from being placed in the same game or even on the same team. It just keeps you from being able to see what they say in chat.


farble1670 #14 Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14780 battles
  • 377
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostAndroyce, on 05 April 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

 

Blocking doesn't keep people from being placed in the same game or even on the same team. It just keeps you from being able to see what they say in chat.

 

yeah, that's why i said this in the OP,

'Probably a much larger change, but it'd be nice if "block" also meant I'd never be in a match with that player again'

 

 



JESUSLuvsYou #15 Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8287 battles
  • 412
  • [DEF_7]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014
You're stupidity is unbelievable I doubt anyone would want you on their team nm a platoon. Ppl like you should just get off the forum if you're so easily butthurt about everything might as well turn off your internet. I hope blocking me has made your ego feel abit better, only difference is that you won't see me on chat... And probably because I don't use it at all.

JESUSLuvsYou #16 Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8287 battles
  • 412
  • [DEF_7]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014

View Postfarble1670, on 06 April 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

 

yeah, that's why i said this in the OP,

'Probably a much larger change, but it'd be nice if "block" also meant I'd never be in a match with that player again'

 

 

 

you'd prob be the only person in the match then...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users