T9 platoon mate

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ChillyChinchilla #1 Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

becI have been doing terribly in my m103 lately. I don't know of it is bad play, bias MM, or just equipment and crew skills. I usually get a few hits into the enemy, but seem to overexpose myself too often. Next you know, half my team is camping and the others are dead. I really don't know how to use this flexibility to my advantage. I unlocked then top gun and am grinding the engine. I don't have the tracks. I always try to stick with the team so I don't get ambushed by everyone, but often get frustrated when others wander off to the corner of the map with no one to shoot, instead of helping us. I need a teacher who will  

Teach me more tactics and better ways to use armor. I also don't have the quickest reflexes and rarely take snapshots. Also, when you are trying to educate me in game, please don't rage of swear...because I probally will make mistakes, but you only learn from mistakes right?

Commander121BOOO #2 Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Just wondering what gun are you using, what % is your crew skill and what equipment and consumables do you use? I'm also grinding the m103. 

Edited by Commander121BOOO, 10 April 2015 - 04:38 PM.

Yes, this is the real Commander121. I promise I won't be trolling but I will be stopping trolls like indeeshm

ChillyChinchilla #3 Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCommander121BOOO, on 10 April 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Just wondering what gun are you using, what % is your crew skill and what equipment and consumables do you use?

I am using the top gun, my crew skill is somewhere between 60-70, no equipment :( (could afford1 at most), I use fire extinguisher, first aid kit and the module repair thing.

Commander121BOOO #4 Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostChillyChinchilla, on 10 April 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

I am using the top gun, my crew skill is somewhere between 60-70, no equipment :( (could afford1 at most), I use fire extinguisher, first aid kit and the module repair thing.

I would recommend getting atleast a 75% crew on new tanks that you buy, For equipment I would switch out extinguisher with Multi-repair kit and replace first aid kit with adrenaline. If you don't plan on keeping the tank then all you need is ram for equipment. I'm currently using the top gun with rammer for equipment and Coke, adrenaline and multi-repair kit for consumables. 
Yes, this is the real Commander121. I promise I won't be trolling but I will be stopping trolls like indeeshm

Pitorkas #5 Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

3 de Asada Con Todo

• Players
  • 62606 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostCommander121BOOO, on 10 April 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

I would recommend getting atleast a 75% crew on new tanks that you buy, For equipment I would switch out extinguisher with Multi-repair kit and replace first aid kit with adrenaline. If you don't plan on keeping the tank then all you need is ram for equipment. I'm currently using the top gun with rammer for equipment and Coke, adrenaline and multi-repair kit for consumables. 

games are tough this morning. I got whacked twice by friendly faces even in a toon with maxed M103. MM slightly in our favor. Games were executed properly by both teams. Admit outplayed. Javajoejava can attest this. 

My suggestion is do not play the tank until you have all equipment and crew is at least 75. I have rammer, vents and vert. Consumables adrenaline, multi and rations. 

LE_gend_VI #6 Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

The man, the myth

• Players
  • 20816 battles

I would buy equipment asap! Something i learned from the forum was never play a stock tank wothout crew and equipment. If you dont have a premium its tough but its a purchase well spent. I believe i run cola, multi pack, and fire ext. Equipment wise vert stabilizer, rammer, and vents. Top turret and gun are a must but i did bang out xp and creds with the second gun. 

My play style reverted back to the m6. More face front rock and hull down. The top of the hull is very bouncy, use not such an extreme angle to prevent side shots and the tracks eat tons of shells. Believe me when i say you can really hang and out perform tier 10s. Just stick with it find your playstyle and its a gem! 

Ksftwe #7 Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Equipment is less important to me but for the love of god please get your crew to 75% before playing any tank.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

L1ttle__1 #8 Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13927 battles
  • [NUBZZ]

View PostChillyChinchilla, on 10 April 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

That is a tough position.  I started out maxed and elited and it still took getting used to.  It plays completely different than the American Heavies before it and doesn't have the strength for tier that the T1 and T29 did.  I would suppose at tier 9 you will lose a lot of games until you are fully trained and elited.  Just accept that it isn't totally you and settle in for the grind.  At this point, if you can only afford 1 piece of equipment, get the vents.  You need all the help you can get with crew skills right now.  Then, save for the rammer.  

I am not the best in this tank, but I did find that learning how to "wiggle" hull and turret between shots helped bounce some incoming fire.

Tier 10's played: T110-E5

Premiums played: T2-Light, T15, SU-85i, T-25, SU-100Y, AT-15A, IS-6

ChillyChinchilla #9 Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

I got a premium account for one day, BECAUSE I NEVER FINISHED THE TUTORIAL PART OF SPENDING GOLD...

and MM was finally on my side for once! I had a great win streak, earning credits and exp, enough for the top engine ;).

Also got a gun rammer;)

AntonioSoares #10 Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20350 battles

View PostChillyChinchilla, on 10 April 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

becI have been doing terribly in my m103 lately. I don't know of it is bad play, bias MM, or just equipment and crew skills. I usually get a few hits into the enemy, but seem to overexpose myself too often. Next you know, half my team is camping and the others are dead. I really don't know how to use this flexibility to my advantage. I unlocked then top gun and am grinding the engine. I don't have the tracks. I always try to stick with the team so I don't get ambushed by everyone, but often get frustrated when others wander off to the corner of the map with no one to shoot, instead of helping us. I need a teacher who will  

Teach me more tactics and better ways to use armor. I also don't have the quickest reflexes and rarely take snapshots. Also, when you are trying to educate me in game, please don't rage of swear...because I probally will make mistakes, but you only learn from mistakes right?

feel free to hit me up if you see me online!

ChillyChinchilla #11 Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostAntonioSoares, on 12 April 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

feel free to hit me up if you see me online!

thnx! I'll try to platoon maybe later.

Masta_Shake #12 Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6904 battles
I'm free most days need a platoon mate as well

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users