Jump to content


PC game impressions


  • Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

dimzzy #1 Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39956 battles
  • 4,189
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I've played for a while in PC version and so far it's seems to be disappointing compared to Blitz (((

1) Driving tank with WSAD keys is stone age compared to smooth analog control on touch screen.

2) Zooming is something: it's floating but has a range; I'm always turning mouse wheel to fix the range and it takes too much effort. Using Shift key is even more painful because my fingers already hurt from WSAD and Shift only makes it worse. I just can't get how ppl control their tanks.

3) There seems to be more sniping happening in PC version, targets are smaller but mouse is not as precise; I thought it would be easier to target with mouse but in practice it's worse than touch screen control! I still can't get why it is so.

4) Arty... it's the dumbest thing in this game. I see it as a countermeasure to make ppl move more and make the game more dynamic but in practice it just adds randomness to the game. I'm very happy that it's not coming to Blitz, very, very happy we avoid this @#$%.

5) Crews are too complicated. I get the idea that you have to strain skills but this whole business of maintaining crew members and moving them between tanks is dumb. I'd rather much avoid this HR stuff and concentrate on tanking; I hope barracks won't come to Blitz. Please!

 

So far my impression is that Blitz is noticeably better because it's easier to control tanks and there is less garbage so you spend more time actually driving tanks. I'm curious if it's just me...



Unicorn143 #2 Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34841 battles
  • 2,383
  • Member since:
    04-29-2012

>>4) Arty... it's the dumbest thing in this game. I see it as a countermeasure to make ppl move more and make the game more dynamic but in practice it just adds randomness to the game. I'm very happy that it's not coming to Blitz, very, very happy we avoid this @#$%.

 

This. This and This. Arty killing the PC game for me. Also I would add poor graphic. WOT PC is running on a very old graphic engine that kind of a legacy cost to the game. They could not change it because WG claims that this engine is the only one that can be run for so many players. Blitz graphics looks better for me as it apparently was implemented on a newer graphic engine.

 

Entire PC interface is cumbersome. So many useless menus.

 

No pen skins. I know it is like in a real life. But in a real life no one was fighting 200 different tanks. Soviet tankers face Tigers, Tigers face T34-85. That it. Not much to learn. When we have so many tanks in the game pen skins are must. PC version is not fun at all.

 

Ahh forgot to say about a long delay before entering battles. Waiting 2-3 minutes just to get in. No way!


Edited by face4stas, 13 April 2015 - 05:59 PM.


_clyde #3 Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31579 battles
  • 1,764
  • [SRT-]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

I tried it a few times (while having played Blitz for a while).  I was annoyed with the long wait times for games to start.  Also the game times are too long.

 

My brother spent a lot of time on PC and has now switched to Blitz.  I don't think he even touches the PC version any more.  There is something to be said about the short games on Blitz.  



TMac1256 #4 Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20247 battles
  • 1,534
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Blitz is much more streamlined, detailed, and best of all, NO ARTY.

dimzzy #5 Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39956 battles
  • 4,189
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Oh yes--graphics--Blitz looks same good on all devices but PC version definitely needs dedicated hardware; I'm playing on rather old Mac and have to choose low settings and it looks just terrible (((

Static2k #6 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28943 battles
  • 938
  • [SRT-]
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
I didn't make it past the tutorial on PC (seriously) but it was always tempting to try the "full" version of WoT. Your post confirmed my concerns not to waste time and effort :)

P.S. My friend, who played 5k battles on PC, has tried Blitz and quit after 100 battles saying it's too easy, unrealistic, and random compared to PC. Lol. You never know.

 


Camoisland #7 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8297 battles
  • 3,403
  • Member since:
    12-19-2014

View PostStatic2k, on 13 April 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

I didn't make it past the tutorial on PC (seriously) but it was always tempting to try the "full" version of WoT. Your post confirmed my concerns not to waste time and effort :)

P.S. My friend, who played 5k battles on PC, has tried Blitz and quit after 100 battles saying it's too easy, unrealistic, and random compared to PC. Lol. You never know.

 

yeah, i play both

much more blitz though, i just find it better 



Zepherex #8 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 430 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

View Postdimzzy, on 13 April 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Oh yes--graphics--Blitz looks same good on all devices but PC version definitely needs dedicated hardware; I'm playing on rather old Mac and have to choose low settings and it looks just terrible (((
 

 

The fact you're playing on an old mac is the problem, my pc was a toaster and the game still looked better on it then it does on my phone.

 

Don't get me wrong, Blitz is certainly a good game, I enjoy the no arty aspect of it; however it was not intended to, nor will it ever: be better/ replace the pc version of WOT.

 

Oh, and here's my pc stats for those of you who care.

 

Spoiler

 

 


Edited by Zepherex, 13 April 2015 - 06:10 PM.

43148.png

Prospect Blitzkrieg Field Commander

 

Head Admin On Concep's forum, Come Check It Out Here!


Unicorn143 #9 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34841 battles
  • 2,383
  • Member since:
    04-29-2012

View Postdimzzy, on 13 April 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

Oh yes--graphics--Blitz looks same good on all devices but PC version definitely needs dedicated hardware; I'm playing on rather old Mac and have to choose low settings and it looks just terrible (((

 

I have a pretty good PC box. Graphic sucks.

alexbuildit #10 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 17594 battles
  • 5,219
  • [501ST]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014
Honestly I tried it on a friends PC..... And loved it. That's what brought me to this game.....

 


Youtube Channel: ALEXBUILDIT PRODUCTIONS

Leader of the 501st, Pm for details.  


dimzzy #11 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39956 battles
  • 4,189
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostZepherex, on 13 April 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

 

The fact you're playing on an old mac is the problem, my pc was a toaster and the game still looked better on it then it does on my phone.

 

Don't get me wrong, Blitz is certainly a good game, I enjoy the no arty aspect of it; however it was not intended to, nor will it ever: be better/ replace the pc version of WOT.

 

Oh, and here's my pc stats for those of you who care.

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Well, graphics is a minor issue. It still runs and FPS is good. My major problem is that I can't control the tank properly--I know what I should be doing but my fingers just twist over the keys, I spend too much time pointing with mouse to pinpoint the target and overall experience is very frustrating. Do you know any good articles on how to get better at controls? I assume that you are quite fluent to get these stats!

 

 



Zepherex #12 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 430 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

View Postface4stas, on 13 April 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

 

I have a pretty good PC box. Graphic sucks.

 

The fact you called it a PC box indicates to me you don't know much about computers in the least bit. World of tanks on pc defaults you to lower settings, try turning them up sometime.

 

Seriously if any of you watched popular PC youtubers (IE: Jingles or QB) you'd see PC looks 100X better on max.


43148.png

Prospect Blitzkrieg Field Commander

 

Head Admin On Concep's forum, Come Check It Out Here!


dimzzy #13 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39956 battles
  • 4,189
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Oh, and yet another thing is equipment cost: 500k credits for optics for T18? Really? Really WG? $50 premium tanks also kind of suck. I thought $25 is a bit too much but $50...

dimzzy #14 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39956 battles
  • 4,189
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostZepherex, on 13 April 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

 

The fact you called it a PC box indicates to me you don't know much about computers in the least bit. World of tanks on pc defaults you to lower settings, try turning them up sometime.

 

Seriously if any of you watched popular PC youtubers (IE: Jingles or QB) you'd see PC looks 100X better on max.

 

Let's not concentrate on this; it is superb on top gear but there are tons of ppl that have just average boxes and it's not that pretty there. The point is that you can reset all settings to low and it's fast enough and quite playable.

Zepherex #15 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 430 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

View Postdimzzy, on 13 April 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

 

Let's not concentrate on this; it is superb on top gear but there are tons of ppl that have just average boxes and it's not that pretty there. The point is that you can reset all settings to low and it's fast enough and quite playable.

 

1) Stop calling them pc boxes. (Everyone just calls them Rigs or PCs

2) Things better about Blitz: Better value for gold and prems, no arty, and cheaper equipment. There is Nothing else better about it.

3) Even on minimum PC still looks better

4) Why Do I even bother?

5) You keep arguing that Blitz is better when it isn't, You can go out and buy an 800$ Computer that will run WOT on good settings, that is the same price as most new phones. Now tell me, would you seriously rather spend 800$ on a new phone to play blitz over a new pc which can play WOT and many other games on much better settings?


43148.png

Prospect Blitzkrieg Field Commander

 

Head Admin On Concep's forum, Come Check It Out Here!


SkiFletch #16 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 30801 battles
  • 5,911
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014
Arty kills the desireability of the PC experience for me.  Like Static2k, I did the tutorial and let it sit there.


jsoup______________Hua_Q #17 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    08-06-2012

I was 90% convinced op was trolling... now i dont know what to think anymore.



Serapth #18 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8415 battles
  • 2,391
  • Member since:
    07-25-2014

View PostZepherex, on 13 April 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

 

1) Stop calling them pc boxes. (Everyone just calls them Rigs or PCs

2) Things better about Blitz: Better value for gold and prems, no arty, and cheaper equipment. There is Nothing else better about it.

3) Even on minimum PC still looks better

4) Why Do I even bother?

5) You keep arguing that Blitz is better when it isn't, You can go out and buy an 800$ Computer that will run WOT on good settings, that is the same price as most new phones. Now tell me, would you seriously rather spend 800$ on a new phone to play blitz over a new pc which can play WOT and many other games on much better settings?

 

PC gamers have a bit of a reputation for being pricks... This isn't exactly helping the stereotype.  Different locations have different dialects.  If someone said "you don't have the box to run it" that makes perfect sense to me.  Then again, I PC game on a laptop and that causes many of the basement dwellers to break out in hives because "I'm not maximizing my dollar", blah blah blah.

 

I think there is a reason Im playing more and more Xbox/PS4/iOS games these days.



Zepherex #19 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 430 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    10-28-2012

Oh yeah concep answered

 

 
Concep, on 13 Apr 2015 - 2:36 PM, said:

Equipment gets more expensive as you go up in Tiers. 600k for a the "good" equipment at Tier X so 1.8 million credits for Rammer, GLD and Vert Stab on my IS-4.

 

Blitz is just a simpler version of PC. Anyone who says Blitz otherwise is an idiot.

 

 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/17385-pc-game-impressions/page__pid__261370#entry261370

 

How the hell is the PC interface cumbersome? It's pretty straightforward if you don't live under a rock. And no pen skins? Well no [edited]. It's supposed to be more difficult than Blitz because Blitz is made for less competitve players.

 

And what tier is he playing? Tier 15? I get into battle in a minute at most.

 

Edit: I have two 755M graphics cards. They run WoT on High at 30 FPS easy with a bunch of other stuff enabled but I turn them down to increase performance. If you're not building your "good computer" out of sticks and some grass, you can run WoT.

 

43148.png

Prospect Blitzkrieg Field Commander

 

Head Admin On Concep's forum, Come Check It Out Here!


Serapth #20 Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8415 battles
  • 2,391
  • Member since:
    07-25-2014

View Postdimzzy, on 13 April 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

 

Let's not concentrate on this; it is superb on top gear but there are tons of ppl that have just average boxes and it's not that pretty there. The point is that you can reset all settings to low and it's fast enough and quite playable.

 

that you are being downvoted into oblivion for daring to use a non sanctioned word... Pretty much sums up the PC Gamer mindset.  Saddest part is, I'm a diehard from that camp, going way back to playing Ultima 7 and Wing Commander on my stupendously Overpriced 386.  Times change, people sadly often don't.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users