• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

Aventre3 #81 Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25859 battles
  • [III-S]

View Post3145, on 18 April 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Thanks for helping instead of just blindly raging. 

I believe we have the right to rage at the clans. Clan members who are indifferent are effectively condoning this behavior. The OP only caught 8 people involved in this one match, but it suggests this is probably a bigger and more wide spread problem. Report this to war gaming will only punish those caught. A more effective deterrent is to pressure the clans themselves to end this. If all clan member were banned for the actions of a few, then peer

For advice and review of Premium Tanks, please see this post.

Aventre3 #82 Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25859 battles
  • [III-S]

Part 2

preasure would likely keep this behavior in check.

one possibility is that in light of cheating of this type WG could stop running contest like this. That is an outcome I would hate to see as I think these type of contests are part of what makes wot blitz so much fun.

Aventre3 #83 Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25859 battles
  • [III-S]
PS. I am not suggesting that WG should punish the entire clans, but simply that it might be a more effective deterrent. And I do believe than clan members should be responsible for each other's actions. In so much as they will be tainted by association. 

Kangthekid #84 Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37757 battles
This is sad, they even went to cap circle , for defender medal? Yeah, pad every medal in the game ,pad 2k base xp, Must feel so proud of themselves 

Spareadime #85 Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30813 battles
  • [SPA10]

View Posthughjass07, on 18 April 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Talk about the ultimate successful troll, eh?

Be careful there, you make a sarcastic post on this topic and you will face the wrath of negativity.

I am being forced to call my lawyer to help defend against the charges of impiety. I just hope they do not make me drink the hemlock.

Happy Hunting

Recruiting: HERE      Stats: HERE      YouTube Videos: HERE

Proud Member of the //©//THE COMPANY\\©\\

HullOnWheels #86 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41307 battles

View Postthieldke, on 18 April 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

You're making a major mistake blocking out their names.   Sometimes people deserve it, and these cheaters certainly do.   At most you'd get a warning or a one day ban and in this case it would certainly be worth that.   These people do not deserve anonymity.

CzechCongo #87 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30711 battles
  • [III]
This behavior is straight up cow manure.

Doing a countdown to battle is not the problem, as noted elsewhere above. Counting down and then acting like jerks is bad, and doing what the OP reports is cheating for monetary gain; fraud.

Props to WG for doing this contest and finding a meta way to get people interested in playing WoTB for more than wins and lols and grind and stats. But if they take no action based in this or other similar reports, there's no reason to participate in any future "contests".

Beastnumber2 #88 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10168 battles
I honestly think this is plain unfair to the players who have worked there [edited]off trying to get a good enough game to place, I have gotten multiple 950+ base xp games that I know will not be on there, but people farming other clan members to get 1500+ base is just..sad. I mean I get it, it is a very rare tank but to basically rig the contest as a whole makes it worthless to me, and I will be happy to load full gold In a tier 3 to blast them back to the garage. Im no longer attempting to win this anymore, I won 500 gold and I guess thats all. Not worth it anymore, If anyone here actually gets it honorably, kudos. Good luck!

Monopower #89 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9397 battles
  • [RBLN]

Pressuring clans is not the ideal solution to this.  At least in my case, I was completely unaware that this was occurring, nor would I permit it. 

A proper step to take would be to find out which clan/server was hosting this countdown and also find who first proposed this idea.  Many of those I see normally involved in countdowns would never raise such an idea.  Nonetheless they will be facing consequences for participating, but shaming their entire clan is not the way to go.  Such actions would only cause great anger and resentment amongst the community.

BRUENHILLDE #90 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

I HATE CHEESE

• Players
  • 15172 battles
  • [US-1]

View PostMonopower, on 18 April 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Pressuring clans is not the ideal solution to this.  At least in my case, I was completely unaware that this was occurring, nor would I permit it. 

A proper step to take would be to find out which clan/server was hosting this countdown and also find who first proposed this idea.  Many of those I see normally involved in countdowns would never raise such an idea.  Nonetheless they will be facing consequences for participating, but shaming their entire clan is not the way to go.  Such actions would only cause great anger and resentment amongst the community.

Attrition server last night. I have screenshots with time and date stamped. I already posted them http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  but have more. Im waiting to see what WG does this week before I do. 

Winner of the coveted most admired Blitz forumer award for 2018!  In addition to the 2014,15,16,17 awards.

Over 13,000 profile views. Better than 99.99% of forum users. And more than all of club war gaming members combined. And I've never even started a thread or made a video. By the way everyone hates the rules quoting guy. 

Proud member of US-1 ALL AMERICANS! Americans only. To apply here check out our feeder clans Triari and Prammo first. If you are from north or south of the border do not bother applying. You are not welcome here. Thanks. 

Str8UpJack #91 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

So it appears that nobody in that game has had the guts to step up and apologize or own up to their actions.  Not surprising.  I believe most of the clans that are part of the Blitz community all have rules which say their members should behave honorably and within the rules set forth by WG.  Clearly, this group were not abiding by the terms set forth by WG nor their own clans.  The clans as a whole shouldn't be punished ( this time around ) but the members caught in the image should be banned from the contest and also dealt with as they normally would be.  Perhaps that means WG would impose a game time ban on them also.  In the future maybe there needs to be some accountability placed on the clans as a whole as that would encourage more honorable actions and help prevent jerk-offs from acting like jerk-offs.  When a contest like this is run we are ALWAYS going to have players that attempt to skew the results.  I bet every clan and every group of players that communicate discussed running specific task to help skew the contest.  If you say you didn't, I bet you are lying.  BUT, what went down in the match where the screenshots were taken goes beyond that and breaks the rules of the game.  They cheated, plain and simple and cheaters are cowards.  Cowards sit in the shadows now afraid to own up to being such.  

The leaders and honorable members of the clans that had players involved should be stepping up and getting the names of the members involved.. kudos to Mono for asking for his members names.  Hopefully this isn't a sign of how dishonorable some players will be during clan wars activities.  

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Pitorkas #92 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

3 de Asada Con Todo

• Players
  • 57192 battles

My take is rigging games for gain is [edited]. I do not see this as a clan sponsored scheme but from some players that like to show up for personal gain, ego or whatever it is. I was barely close to break 800 xp in one game in the silly M4 even using the derp. I rebought it for the contest but i sold it last night.

Something must happen yes, but we calling for clan punishment is a bit over the board.

etonblue #93 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7649 battles

View PostMonopower, on 18 April 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

I agree and, in this vein,  I want to post one clarification- it took me a while to realize what was happening and so I didn't take as many screenshots as I would have liked. In the end, I just assumed that everyone in a M4 in the match was involved; however, I actually do not have a screenshot record that the DEFIANT member participated in the blocking/cap circle shenanigans. Nor do I have visual proof that all members of ATTRITION who were on the server at the time were participants. As I have said, my intention is not to clan shame.  These were the actions of certain individuals, not their clans.

Edited by etonblue, 18 April 2015 - 05:39 PM.

Putins_Chariot #94 Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22246 battles

View PostDelta256, on 18 April 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

I sincerely hope that those involved in this crap don't get rewarded for it.

start a petition... so many reports gets a name on the list... might do SOMETHING...:bush:

christian1470 #95 Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39203 battles

View PostAsiaticus, on 18 April 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

That's fairly asinine.

A clan that condones such behavior has no honor.

that's not a clan, it's a gang. 

Jeep_4X4 #96 Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6144 battles
We all make mistakes. I appeal to the people involved to step forward announce what and why you did it. Ask for forgiveness and I believe the good members here can forgive and forget and we can all put this behind us.  WE all make MISTAKES !!!   GL

_clyde #97 Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31579 battles
  • [SRT-]

I wonder how long this has been going on for?

I highly, highly doubt this is the first time.  I have often been skeptical of the number of 7 kill badges by some of the clan boys.  My thoughts were that either lady like smiles brightly on them or they are doing something.  

Now I have my answer.

Fherot #98 Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10531 battles
If those people are still in those clans on Monday can we then point at the clan as a whole?

#1 NA in rage-selling every tank. #2 NA buying them back.

Anachro12 #99 Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9872 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postgav8, on 18 April 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

We all make mistakes. I appeal to the people involved to step forward announce what and why you did it. Ask for forgiveness and I believe the good members here can forgive and forget and we can all put this behind us.  WE all make MISTAKES !!!   GL

I think that's a start but the actions of these people have wasted all the time and struggle of people like me playing the m4 and T49 legitimately. We have spent our credits on apcr and heat. Our win records have taken a  hit because we have played aggressively in order to try and get a top score. I could have been doing something else with all this time rather than trying to get a high score without cheating. Even if all the people from this particular game are people punished I am sure it won't be all the people who have been doing this.

3145 #100 Posted 18 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

Best deputy

• Players
  • 15179 battles
  • [DFNT]

View PostClydeman72, on 18 April 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

I wonder how long this has been going on for?

I highly, highly doubt this is the first time.  I have often been skeptical of the number of 7 kill badges by some of the clan boys.  My thoughts were that either lady like smiles brightly on them or they are doing something.  

Now I have my answer.

truthfully in the 5-6 months that we've been doing countdowns only once has someone gotten a Raseiniai and that was because they played well not because ppl trolled.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users