• 28924 battles
  • [SCAMO]
What is the thing with the bots. I can't find it

acrisis #42 Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Still downloading the update, slowly, ... 

Some of the bug fixes and improvements are probably great.

Things I looked forward to the most:

- no more failtoons

- bug fixes & no more crashes ( AFK/AWOL)
- Trial By Fire tutorial map

- friends / chat / ... improvements

Have not yet heard failtoons is fixed. Is it???

Have seen 1.8.0 on Android crash in the middle of combat, live on 360's twitch stream. So clearly more work to be done. 

From the video the old tutorial does not look improved of changed as substantially as it should've been changed.

Then on top of that I hear (from android users) that the tutorial area is completely invisible / locked out for regular users?!  I use the tutorial real quick, when there's lag or the light in the garage flips between yellow & red, to check on the server PING! Without having to enter a live battle to find out I can't really play. Disappointed by that decision to say the least.  

No fixes for friends list. Game more complicated with missions ... :-/ 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

ghs4s #43 Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 535 battles

View Postduanedragon, on 23 April 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

I am now getting the message "Error: please reinstall client." I tried reinstalling it but get the same error. What gives? So far I have not been able to play a single game since the 1.8 patch. This is an issue.

ghs4s #44 Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:59 PM

Private

• Players
  • 535 battles
Hopefully you're back in the game by now.   I had this issue on one of my devices too.   I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it from scratch.   Took awhile, but it worked.

ghs4s #45 Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 535 battles
I like the missions.   Trying to force some missions into some battle scenarios will be detrimental to your team.   If the battle isn't progressing in line with your mission,  be patient and help your team win,  try your mission in the next battle.

Haven't tried the tutorial yet.  

Favorite thing is we have a few cheap tablets that would kick us out of the app once a platoon battle started., very disappointing.   Well,  now post update,  we can platoon together.  
Didn't see anything in the fixes list that explains why,  but very happy about it.

acrisis #46 Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]
PS: Still no fix for the silly support bubble bug. Every time it keeps (#) up there as if there's something going, but I have no open tickets!  How many more months with fake support alerts????

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Swedish_Sunshine #47 Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5923 battles

Rumor has it that credit earning has gone down for several premium tanks... maybe ALL?   Just a rumor at this point.

I find it interesting that the official patch notes don't always tell the full story.  For instance, If/when CptCheez compiles his updated guns spreadsheet... it will be interesting to see if other numbers have been changed? 

There could be some hidden nerfs and buffs in this release,  but we may just have to wait and see.

S.S.

P.S. I'm not a stripper... Lol.

chad_fantastic #48 Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

Block Quote

Then on top of that I hear (from android users) that the tutorial area is completely invisible / locked out for regular users?!  I use the tutorial real quick, when there's lag or the light in the garage flips between yellow & red, to check on the server PING! Without having to enter a live battle to find out I can't really play. Disappointed by that decision to say the least. 

This was one of the main uses for the tutorial for me, let me check lag on the ipad and nexus, let me check frame rate on the android system if I was on a lollipop build without risking a game, would very much like to see it back. 

Hugely concerned on premium credit earning, don't care about the stock tanks, they are owned by WG, I'm just driving em (badly these days!) but the premie's are MINE!

KevinKrafter #49 Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2310 battles
I can't find the tutorial stuff.

SonnetVolta #50 Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:38 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14722 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I'm pretty sure the Matilda turret traverse speed got nerfed. Anybody have a good spreadsheet to check?

better sig

CptCheez #51 Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View PostSwedish_Sunshine, on 23 April 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

I find it interesting that the official patch notes don't always tell the full story.  For instance, If/when CptCheez compiles his updated guns spreadsheet... it will be interesting to see if other numbers have been changed? 

There could be some hidden nerfs and buffs in this release,  but we may just have to wait and see.

No "if"s about it, just haven't had time to do it yet.  Will try to this weekend.

View PostSonnetVolta, on 23 April 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure the Matilda turret traverse speed got nerfed. Anybody have a good spreadsheet to check?

Yes, that will be checked as well.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

rhinotx #52 Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16662 battles
  • [OBREZ]
T82 has been SERIOUSLY nerfed. Can't hit anything with it like I used to. Used to love that td.

CptCheez #53 Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

• Players
  • 15398 battles

View Postrhinotx, on 27 April 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

T82 has been SERIOUSLY nerfed. Can't hit anything with it like I used to. Used to love that td.

Stats on the T82's guns have not changed at all, sorry.  Everything on it is exactly the same as it was before 1.8.

Now I don't want to sound like a WG apologist or anything, but I do have good news: I just finished going through and did not find any "stealth" changes to any tank guns that were not listed here in the Official Patch Notes.

"When the going gets tough and the stomach acids flow, 
The cold wind of conformity is nipping at your nose.
When some trendy new atrocity has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the Seas of Cheese."

Overload_ed #54 Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10620 battles
  • [DREAD]
A stealth fix:  The Wolverine can now buy the Hellcat, just as it can in the PC version.

pastore123 #55 Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

Community Italian Stallion

• Players
  • 19873 battles
  • [LXE]
Can't wait until 1.9

#FREEPROMPT_N_CRITICAL

RES, NON VERBA 

LoyalEnoughForAnM60

Also tagged with 1.8, patch 1.8, update 1.8, 1.8.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users