Jump to content


Update 1.8.0 Feedback

1.8.0 update 1.8.0 patch 1.8 battle missions

  • Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

dragonfinch #21 Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 10891 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
I like whatever modifications were made to graphics/icons. Minor changes, but everything is easier to read and the radar is clearer. Everything else seems fine on iOS8. 

krietenstein34 #22 Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29873 battles
  • 2,008
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015

View Postjohnnyzim, on 23 April 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

I followed Alo's directions for accessing the tutorial but I had to create a new account. It wouldn't let me access it otherwise. Is that the only way to do it or did I miss something?

 

That being said, the tutorial and Trial by Fire maps were nicely done. A bit slower than usual, but the explanations were well done and I had no problems with it.   What stinks is that premium days and gold I got for completing everything is on an account I will not use again. Is there a way to transfer that to my established account? If not, then oh well.

 

Ohhhh snap, that blows
:girl:

LucasM16A4 #23 Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 3683 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

Ok, my version of WoT: Blitz become with very low graphics, specifically the textures. But the FPS is very high, around 50 FPS. The problem is: the device (iPad 3) can load the game with better graphics, but can't because can't up the visual quality in the configurations. Would be amazing if had this option. To 1.7v everything was ok in this matter.



reluctanttheist #24 Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 25679 battles
  • 6,138
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015
I rebooted my iPad and am not noticing any bugs per se.  I am not having the waving recticle problem others have mentioned.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar


Lephturn #25 Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • 3,647
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-28-2014

My 4 year old is to young to play in real battles (he gets very upset when he gets destroyed) so he used to play the tutorial.

 

Please consider adding the option to run the tutorial at any time from the menu for 2 reasons.

 

1. Newer or younger players who need or want to run the tutorial will have the opportunity to do so.

2. Let me access Trial by Fire to test different game control settings.

 

I would also love to see some help with the friends list and making it easier to platoon. Specifically sort the list so that friends who are online and not platooned are at the top, then online but platooned, and then the rest. Put a green dot for those available to platoon, a yellow dot for those online but platooned, and leave the red dot as offline. This would help a great deal!


Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

 

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom


dilusions #26 Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15554 battles
  • 4,478
  • [RNG]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2014

View Postjohnnyzim, on 23 April 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

What stinks is that premium days and gold I got for completing everything is on an account I will not use again. Is there a way to transfer that to my established account? If not, then oh well.

 

 

I hope so

 




Viper8757NC #27 Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24635 battles
  • 2,045
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
FIX THE CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!@@


Delta256 #28 Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10087 battles
  • 5,770
  • [IMPR]
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013

View PostLephturn, on 23 April 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

My 4 year old is to young to play in real battles (he gets very upset when he gets destroyed) so he used to play the tutorial.

 

Please consider adding the option to run the tutorial at any time from the menu for 2 reasons.

 

1. Newer or younger players who need or want to run the tutorial will have the opportunity to do so.

2. Let me access Trial by Fire to test different game control settings.

 

I would also love to see some help with the friends list and making it easier to platoon. Specifically sort the list so that friends who are online and not platooned are at the top, then online but platooned, and then the rest. Put a green dot for those available to platoon, a yellow dot for those online but platooned, and leave the red dot as offline. This would help a great deal!

 

I think it'd be cool to be able to get into TBF with any tank, and have it populate the other team(s) with vehicles of the chosen tier. That way you could experiment with your tanks and try new tactics. Or just escape the taters.


I sometimes drive Warships too.


Str8UpJack #29 Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:04 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15138 battles
  • 1,666
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
I have only played a few games so far and I was running my missions.  I'm a bit disappointed in the first batch of missions though because they are all low tier .. the first 3 I got were all VI.  I ran two but got tired of that tier so I skipped the next one.. guess what I got.. a TIER II :angry:.  When a player has at least one tier X or more, the missions should be given at higher tiers.  I really don't enjoy playing low tier games so I guess I will just wait until a reset hopefully gives me a few missions that I will let me run tanks I enjoy. 

 

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 


CraneGuy1023 #30 Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4497 battles
  • 168
  • [EAS-1]
  • Member since:
    03-12-2015
Another post mentioned that the X2 is only twice a day instead of 3 times a day. No mention of this pre update. Can you confirm this for me and explain the reason other than maybe $$$

Praeceladon #31 Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19234 battles
  • 1,641
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostAlo8ight, on 23 April 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

To access the tutorial, follow these steps:

  1. Sign out of your Wargaming.net ID/Gamecenter/Google Play account by "disconnecting from server"
  2. Tap the 'left arrow' button located in the upper left hand corner of the "Connect using Wargaming.net ID" screen
  3. Tap the 'left arrow' once more from the 'Login via social media' screen
  4. Once you've reached the World of Tanks Blitz Main Screen (as shown in the image below), tap the area located in the bottom middle portion where it says, "Touch the screen to start"
  5.  
  6. After choosing your tank of choice in the tank selection screen, you will be redirected to the tutorial.
  7. After completing the initial tutorial in Proving Grounds, you can access the Trial by Fire map.

 

We will look into this possibility.

 

 

Upon on completion of the tutorial how do I get the premium time and gold transferred to my real account and not the throw away one I used to play the tutorial?



Praeceladon #32 Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19234 battles
  • 1,641
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015

View PostDelta256, on 23 April 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

 

I think it'd be cool to be able to get into TBF with any tank, and have it populate the other team(s) with vehicles of the chosen tier. That way you could experiment with your tanks and try new tactics. Or just escape the taters.

 

Trial by fire is really small. I think anything above tier one would instantly spot you lol. Not sure how useful that would be for tank destroyers being instantly spotted or lightly armored tanks.

Heavy tanks could have fun practicing bouncing shots and angling armor though.



Masteel_1 #33 Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9711 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

I thought the two days premium time would be automatically added to our accounts, as it has been done in the past for "events."

 

If if that is not the case, then I would appreciate at least one day being added to my iOS account for the day I lost in my pre-paid premium time, because of failure to make adequate assurances the patch would work before being implemented.  I'm sure someone could be snarky and say "it was not a day it was only X.XX hours, so blah blah blah," but in real playing terms it was the most "playable time of day for most people, and that equated to losing some of the following:

 

* x2 bonus XP

* any XP at all

* Credits

* and so on, etc.

 

Usually WG fairly compensates us for that, but there is a definite lack of communication, and even a sort of attitude of "we'll look into that" with an unspoken/implied "but you should stop complaining, your complaint is without merit." 

 

I mean, maybe that's just me, I just expect nicer customer service for things I pay for.  

 


Tier X: T-62, Leopard 1    Tier IX:  IS8, Cent 7/1, T-54.  

 

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.  You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world." 

-Tyler Durden.                                                                                                                      (Chuck PalahniukFight Club)


_WMX_ #34 Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 54057 battles
  • 316
  • [DD]
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

Having several issues and confirmed with other vet players:

 

aiming sucks now on a few tanks fv215b, is4, is4, e3, e75, tier 9-10 mediums.  Still testing out all, but am finding issue may be with all tanks now.  Reticle bounces around even after locked on.  Very frustrating.

 

AP is not penetrating where it should on clean shots. Forced to use premium ammo, that's a first.

 

armor on fb215b seems more susceptible to penetration everywhere where it shouldn't inc turret and front upper hull.  Is this a change?  Or did the stars line up during 8 matches for others?  Checked the armor inspector ap and it's changed, showing green for areas that weren't previously green (which means pen).

 

typing in the IM disappears while typing.  Talk to text feature no longer works.

 

this update is horrible thus far for seasoned players.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


_WMX_

Clan of DD Teufel Hunden

Enforcer

 


PPCmgb #35 Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5740 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    03-29-2015
The new update seems to be good, and easier to earn credits and experience points through missions. I can't confirm if the high tier tanks have a problem, I'm still in tier 6.

 

 

 


Masteel_1 #36 Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9711 battles
  • 173
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

Didn't there used to be 3 XP bonuses a day?  I thought for sure there was, but maybe I'm misremembering and there was always just 2?  Not "times" 3, but at 6am u got a x2 bonus, then at noon or so u got a x2 bonus, then at like 5:30 u got a x2 bonus.  No?  Always been just two per day?  

 

Edit:  and I had the reticle jump around too, I thought someone had ran into me from behind, but I popped outside and there was no one near me. 

 


Tier X: T-62, Leopard 1    Tier IX:  IS8, Cent 7/1, T-54.  

 

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.  You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world." 

-Tyler Durden.                                                                                                                      (Chuck PalahniukFight Club)


KamikazeeDolphin #37 Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2895 battles
  • 2,037
  • Member since:
    09-18-2014
Worst update ever: That's my feedback...

Fire in the Blowhole!Propaganda Design and Graphics Dolphin

Johnny Depputy Commander

of Auxilia. Long live Imperium!   "Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!"

 


Alo8ight #38 Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:12 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1810 battles
  • 959
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

View Postj_e_e_p_4_x_4, on 23 April 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Another post mentioned that the X2 is only twice a day instead of 3 times a day. No mention of this pre update. Can you confirm this for me and explain the reason other than maybe $$$

Confirmed: x2 daily bonus each day

 

View PostPraeceladon, on 23 April 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

 

Upon on completion of the tutorial how do I get the premium time and gold transferred to my real account and not the throw away one I used to play the tutorial?

This may not be possible. Please feel free to send in a Supportticket.



quovadimus #39 Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:26 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 5781 battles
  • 79
  • Member since:
    10-03-2014

Has there been an official word on the credit nerfing? If what seems to be true to so many of us is actually true, it is a VERY discouraging part of playing now. I used to log in whenever I had free moments... now I think about logging in, then think about how disappointed I'll be to lose more credits. And I'm just trying to get some equipment. I can't imagine how discouraging it'd be if I was trying to get a new tank.

 

I know WG would like everyone to buy gold forever and ever, but even those who've never bought a single piece of gold should be valuable to WG: they provide variety (and cannon fodder) for the more premium players. Ultimately more free players = more reason for premium players to spend more to distinguish themselves with neat tanks and to speed up their own grinds/have better ammo.



dilusions #40 Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15554 battles
  • 4,478
  • [RNG]
  • Member since:
    10-28-2014

View Postquovadimus, on 23 April 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Has there been an official word on the credit nerfing? If what seems to be true to so many of us is actually true, it is a VERY discouraging part of playing now. I used to log in whenever I had free moments... now I think about logging in, then think about how disappointed I'll be to lose more credits. And I'm just trying to get some equipment. I can't imagine how discouraging it'd be if I was trying to get a new tank.

 

I know WG would like everyone to buy gold forever and ever, but even those who've never bought a single piece of gold should be valuable to WG: they provide variety (and cannon fodder) for the more premium players. Ultimately more free players = more reason for premium players to spend more to distinguish themselves with neat tanks and to speed up their own grinds/have better ammo.

 

i seem to be earning more creds

 







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users