• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Augustus_Sohn #41 Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13380 battles
  • [III-H]

You fixed the Malinovka bug. Thank you. 

Fail toons are THE glaring weak spot here. Please please please fix them. 

Other than that, this update seems fine to me. THANK YOU for putting this fine game together. I wouldn't shell out so much money nor spend hours upon hours of my time playing if I really thought this game (or its parent company) sucked. 

WHO NEEDS ARTY WHEN YOU’VE GOT RNG TO MAGICALLY SCREW YOU?

boppinbobby #42 Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 52862 battles
  • [HJG2]

OK so like many others, I had to delete and reinstall the app on my android phone and I thought I was going to give praise. But it's started freezing the screen about thirty seconds into a battle and I have to manually shut the app right down and restart to get back in, and by then a minute has past and I'm dead. It was bad enough getting thrown out every few battle of so, but at least I got to finish the game. I even bought a tablet to get the game on a bigger screen. All went well until the update. Following what I did to my phone, I deleted and reinstalled the app from the start to get out of being told to reload the client but every time I start the game now I get black screen for about thirty seconds and then the box saying wot has stopped! I've tried deleting and reinstalling several times but nothing changed. Frustrated.

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

KFCOFMadgascar #43 Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7007 battles
I'm super glad about Malinovka but for real can we just go back to 1.7 I mean missions are a bonus but nerfs of money and xp for real... I don't mind the other things but cmon guys I think this should of been like a 1.7.2 or something similar 

8/30/14-3/4/16

Red_Ping #44 Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23021 battles
The new graphics is getting me more lag spikes than EVER ! :confused:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.           

reluctanttheist #45 Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25678 battles
  • [III-H]

I may be too late to the party (just started in January of this year), but nothing seems to be broken with this release.  It is in fact an improvement in almost every respect on iOS, even if it's more incremental than previous releases.  Everything works, with no issues.  Chat is fine, performance is better.

The only negatives are reduction of XP bonus to 2x a day instead of 3x (I'd like to know that rationale for this decision), and the potential distraction factor of missions.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Xavier5A #46 Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25338 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostAlo8ight, on 23 April 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

To access the tutorial, follow these steps:

1. Sign out of your Wargaming.net ID/Gamecenter/Google Play account by "disconnecting from server"
  2. Tap the 'left arrow' button located in the upper left hand corner of the "Connect using Wargaming.net ID" screen
  3. Tap the 'left arrow' once more from the 'Login via social media' screen
  4. Once you've reached the World of Tanks Blitz Main Screen (as shown in the image below), tap the area located in the bottom middle portion where it says, "Touch the screen to start"
  6. After choosing your tank of choice in the tank selection screen, you will be redirected to the tutorial.
  7. After completing the initial tutorial in Proving Grounds, you can access the Trial by Fire map.

We will look into this possibility.

Alo, the news article explaining everything does not match up with your directions.

Namely it stated that the tutorial would be accessible from existing accounts. There is even a screen shot mock up of the button.

Block Quote

If you're an experienced commander -- a PhD in armor-piercing studies, if you will, then you can skip all the tutorials and throw yourself directly into battle. Note that if you do skip, you won't get the completion reward.

I own 207 tanks. My records at Blitz Stars!

Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) • Light Mk. VIC • T2 Light Tank • Tetrarch • T7 Combat Car • Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu • BT-SV • T-15 • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J • LTP • M3 Light • Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) • T-127 • BT-7 artillery • M22 Locust • A-32 • Sentinel AC I • Valentine II • Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) • Churchill III • Angry Connor • Ram II • Panzer IV Anko Special • Pz.Kpfw. V/IV • T14 • Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi • Cromwell B • Dicker Max • Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm • Stridsvagn 74A2 • Kuro Mori Mine • AC IV Sentinel • T-34-85 Victory • T23E3 • E 25 • Type 62 • SU-122-44 • IS-2 • T-34-85 Rudy • Tankenstein • T6 Dracula • FCM 50 t • T26E4 SuperPershing • KV-5 • IS-3 Defender • T-54 first prototype • Löwe • Type 59

Dixie_Flyer #47 Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33031 battles
What's the deal with the keyboard on the iPad? While typing a random key will delete all the words you just typed it's different every time you might type 5 words next key stroke deletes everything or 2 words and the next key stroke deletes everything. Anybody else having this issue since update? My iPhone keyboard is ok it's only on my iPad mini.

Foongus2 #48 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Where can you access the tutorial if you have done it already and want to test the new version of it???

Foongus2 #49 Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yes, and where can I access the battle vs bots content?

Str8UpJack #50 Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

I can't figure WG out.  This patch once agains screws up things that were working fine ( chat ) , didn't address some of the most prominent issues ( lack of friend list organization, failtoons ) and removed access to the tutorial and new training map so all the total noobs with 4K battles that still don't know how to play won't learn.

I do like the tips during the load in screen.. those are excellent and touch on all sorts of things that previously were kept hidden from the clueless spuds.. Hopefully they are paying attention and having an "aha!" moment after every new load in.

I have noticed some graphical improvements but they seem like nothing more than eye candy.. if you care about that I suppose you're impressed.  I would much rather the details that actually improved the social aspect of the game be the only focus of the next update... it is W A Y, WWWWAAAAAYYYYY overdue!!  I know the CM have a hell of a time trying to run the community events because you can't organize the friends list.  What is wrong with the devs ??  Do they have no friends at all?

The missions I've been presented with so far are of zero interest to me because they are all tier 4 or lower.. when I log in this morning I'm really hoping to see the reset brought me some tier 8 or higher ones..

Other than that, I am enjoying the game as always but I see nothing in this release that compels me to want to log in and that CHAT bug better be fixable via a server side patch because that will drive people away from the game faster than all the other problems.   

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

Looney999 #51 Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6709 battles
  • [III-Z]
My keyboard shortcuts have stopped working in game after 1.8. Use them for platoon/team communication in game. iPad mini retina.

-Community Pledge Signer-

The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!

bilbo11111 #52 Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8935 battles
  • [PROWL]
I think this update is just fine. It was just under our expectations thats all. And Im pretty sure they'll remove fail platooning for if they don't, the whole "the future of fail platoons" will be a total lie. So you guys, just bear with it just a little more. And I don't like how people are insulting Wargaming while they themselves are enjoying the new missions. Missions eventually had to come to the game some point. just stating my opinion here.

Radarralph #53 Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

Alo8 thanks for the ask. I have noted that as I am looking at the new missions that there are alot of guys doing them and theyare hell bent on getting it done to the point that they are not looking to help another team mate.  I have also noted that if you pick the tank for the mission you are wanting to work on and enter a battel low and behold there are all sorts of players doing the same thing.  I entered a battle last night with AT15a and there were four in game two on each side. It was prety obviouse that they were all working for the same thing.

On the other hand it takes my mind off of the credit grind or the xp griend.  Time will tell.Thanks

Community Pledge Signer

00011111 #54 Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

CWNA Council

• Players
  • 24754 battles
  • [HARDY]

After playing a few missions, I have a few thoughts.

Try restricting mission types to specific tank classes (light, medium, heavy, td) and within each class, have specific types of missions that reward good behavior for that class of tank. 

Example, lights and mediums should be rewarded for spotting enemy tank, or helping sniping teammates spot an enemy tank. Scouting type missions. Maybe shooting out enemy tracks?

Heavy should be rewarded for close in fighting--not sniping. Your system is able to tell how far a tank you kill is from your own tank. I'm sure this will force more heavy tankers into close in fighting.

Td should be rewarded for longer range fighting. Bonus points if they are able to kill an enemy they are able to see because of an ally spotting them.

chewincopenhagen #55 Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1195 battles
Love to give you feedback......but the friggen app will not connect to the server....what recourse do any of us have? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, with no success, ffs this is frustrating. How can one get reimbursed for the money they had spent on this pos!  I see people have commented on losing tanks, getting d/c'ed, having lag.....love to experience this myself, but nope game will not even open.  I would like some direction or feedback please on how to resolve this.  Txs

chewincopenhagen #56 Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1195 battles

Okay I had to hard reset iPad, now game opens after second fresh reinstall of app. All tanks are present in my garage. Apologizes for the previous rant a few minutes ago...will try it out and provide feedback.

Hijink #57 Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3845 battles
  • [RDDT2]

Having intermittent trouble logging in after 1.8. iPhone 5S won't advance past "Connecting to GameCenter ..." Same if wifi or cellular network. Never seen this issue before this morning.

Is this the update, or just an unfortunate coincidence?

Lephturn #58 Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

chewin - use the support link at the top right of the page and log a ticket - those folks can actually help you.

The only real issue I have is the chat bug which is frustrating when you have as many people in the friends list as I do!

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

mhuschke77 #59 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23946 battles
  • [2RNBR]

Had to reinstall and then wipe extra memory.  For some reason, the 4GB free space on my phone was not enough for the 1.2Gb download file...do not understand that at all.  Hopefully when I get WIFI to download things will be fixed.

BLUTO_31 #60 Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23487 battles
  • [STPLR]

View PostTheWarMachineX, on 23 April 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

Having several issues and confirmed with other vet players:

aiming sucks now on a few tanks fv215b, is4, is4, e3, e75, tier 9-10 mediums.  Still testing out all, but am finding issue may be with all tanks now.  Reticle bounces around even after locked on.  Very frustrating.

AP is not penetrating where it should on clean shots. Forced to use premium ammo, that's a first.

armor on fb215b seems more susceptible to penetration everywhere where it shouldn't inc turret and front upper hull.  Is this a change?  Or did the stars line up during 8 matches for others?  Checked the armor inspector ap and it's changed, showing green for areas that weren't previously green (which means pen).

typing in the IM disappears while typing.  Talk to text feature no longer works.

this update is horrible thus far for seasoned players.  

Agreed!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users