Back to the Basics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Alo8ight #1 Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 1810 battles

Searching for in-game help? In this section, you will find guides/tutorials that can help get you started on your journey to becoming a tank expert.

The guides you will find are designed by both our WG resident experts, as well as from our very own community.

:glasses:

BKandIG #2 Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3022 battles

Forgive a just jump in and flail person who'll having fun . . .

But it seems I missed where the icons for battle commands and chat are explained.  Also missed the explanation of the numbers on ammo types.  Can anyone point out a source to do my homework on those?

Str8UpJack #3 Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

For players that never played the PC version of WOT, some of the mechanics of the game and how to play effectively can be elusive to say the least.  I went and starting playing a little bit of the PC WOT and also started reading the info on the game and most of it pertains to Blitz so until there is a wiki for this game, check out this page.  There is a lot of good advice on tactics and explanations of the HUD that are missing from the BLitz tutorial.  It's filling in some holes concerning the fundamentals of the game for me and everything else can most likely be answered by the experience group of players already on this forum.  

To experience players this example will seem rudimentary but when I first started it wasn't clear how to use the HUD when aiming... I see people taking shots at tanks but missing and I suspect it's because they don't understand the reticle and the two indicators and they fire prematurely in a panic and this results in a miss and their death.  Sometimes the camera reticle will indicate you have a target acquired but the gun reticle is not on the target, because it hasn't caught up or because your tanks pointing up or down at too sharp of an angle. l This is not explained in the Blitz tutorial but it is explained in the guide.  The sooner noobs can understand how things are working the sooner they can stop getting needlessly slaughtered at the hands of players coming from WoT. ;)  It's sorta like Xmas time for experienced WoT players right now. l

http://worldoftanks.com/en/content/guide/game-manual/ - use the newcomers guide and read it all.

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

RogueWulfPak #4 Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 539 battles
For the PC wiki, there is a section called "Tactics". There is a nice long PDF that explains focus fire, gun depression, cresting, shielding, side scraping and other things to help both your ability to benefit the team and your self.

Str8UpJack #5 Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15138 battles
  • [III-P]

I just found it and you're right... looks like great stuff! 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tactics - a must read ;)

Mobcrush.com/Str8UpJack / Founding Member of Triarii iii 

HereFishyFishy #6 Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11556 battles
  • [BRSKT]
There certainly is alot of good resources on that wiki, hopefully a wiki for this version will come to be eventually.

Oralflame #7 Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16071 battles
*kick* Alo...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users