Noob not the same as noobie

Noob not the same as newbie

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Ziggoulous_Alpha #1 Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5699 battles

Noob: Someone who has been playing for a considerable amount of time but still plays like he is playing his first game. Often suffer from mental rėtãrdãtìøn and have special needs.

Newbie: Someone who has just gotten the game and is learning the ropes of WoT and isn't necessarily bad. Might be bad at first but shows the neuron connections to learn from previous experiences.

Conclusion: Newbie < Noob

Venemy #2 Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

Concep's Father

• Players
  • 14816 battles
  • [ARISE]
Yes, so true. But...with this logic, 82% of the players that play this game suffer from mental disabilities, as that is how much higher I am then other players. 

what's the point of living if you're just going to be miserable?

Radarralph #3 Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28031 battles
  • [III-S]

Anyone who has a strate line conection from his thumbs to his brain can to well in this game. It is the may wire conection guys that have issues.

Community Pledge Signer

Ziggoulous_Alpha #4 Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5699 battles

View PostShadowsDex, on 08 May 2015 - 05:48 AM, said:

Yes, so true. But...with this logic, 82% of the players that play this game suffer from mental disabilities. That is why I am at a higher level than the common R-tard that plays the game.

christian1470 #5 Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37531 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostShadowsDex, on 08 May 2015 - 08:48 AM, said:

Yes, so true. But...with this logic, 82% of the players that play this game suffer from mental disabilities, as that is how much higher I am then other players. 

and who, exactly, set you as the benchmark that all other players are compared to?

Boneater #6 Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11578 battles
  • [ISFO]
I have limited use of my right hand, leads to me being called a noob. Sometimes I get a cramp in my thumb and do stupid things. I just let it go in one ear and out the other.

dilusions #7 Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15500 battles
  • [RNG]
This made me laugh so much

ac1011990 #8 Posted 08 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14798 battles
  • [NUTHS]

View PostBoneater, on 08 May 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

I have limited use of my right hand, leads to me being called a noob. Sometimes I get a cramp in my thumb and do stupid things. I just let it go in one ear and out the other.

Hey man don't worry about what people say, in game rage is usually pretty bad, it happens to everyone. I get mad to, but only if someone is camping or a t95 is flanking, those types of things. I think as long as you try, most people are good with that. The most important thing is just knowing what your tank is supposed to do (mediums usually flank, heavies lead attack etc). Even if your thumb cramps just keep pace with your teammates (assuming you drive with left hand) and that is helpful enough at times. Once a tank found out he couldn't pen anything so he become a voluntary hull down object (not saying you should do that lol) and our team shredded the reds because of him. Point of the game is to have fun, don't worry about people, even the best players get called noobs from time to time, can't satisfy everyone lol. 

_Nez #9 Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24664 battles
  • [RNG]

Noobs can have 10,000 games.  Noobie could have 1000.  The difference between the two would be, for example, not to run up the hill in his heavy tank in a map such as Middleburg when the higher tier enemies are heavies and most likely will rush the town.

X_Sicarius_X #10 Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12084 battles
  • [-MAX-]
I think that noobie>noob. A noobie hasnt learned better than to rush certain places or do things better and still has time and hopefully the capacity to learn from his mistakes. A noob hasnt learned from his mistakes and keeps making the same silly mistakes. Also every player learns more with each passing game.

Scott_Plante #11 Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1284 battles
Also not to be confused with nubs and scrubs..

epicheeru #12 Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

Meme Lord of the 21st Century

• Players
  • 15506 battles
  • [501RV]

Heavy campers. Just... -.-

Brawling TD's

Derp guns *Cough SU 152 and Cromwell*

Seal clubbers

Hey let me go to base first thing!

People who play for game play, who have no IDEA what these tanks are, and not the actual history behind the tanks. I hate this one the WORST

All fall under noob

Garage: E 50 M, Jagdpanzer E 100, Leopard 1, IS-7

Premium: T34 (1776), KpfPz 70, T6 DRACULAHelsing, Pz4S, Glacial 112, Type 62 Dragon, T49 A

AMX M4 45 Damage Record Holder!

Ksftwe #13 Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24649 battles
  • [PRAMO]

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bad player at some point. I'd be lying if I said I didn't once make the very mistakes my teammates do that make me want to smash my face into a wall.

Key difference between me and these well-defined "noobs" - I learn. Sure, once upon a time, eons ago, I, too, flanked the hill with my medium on Mines. Once upon a time, I, too, neglected to rotate my hull with my turret. Once upon a time, I, too, didn't angle my armor. But the reason why I make none of those mistakes now is because I watch and learn. Flanking didn't work last time? I change my strategy. Some guy who I saw making some pro moves wiggles his hull and survives with 1 hp? I imitate him.

I just don't understand why some people with five, six, seven thousand battles STILL do not grasp the most elementary concepts and tactics of the game. I don't expect everyone to know exactly where to hit the T95 frontally. I don't expect everyone to know to angle the turret on the E 100. What I do expect from ANYONE with an IQ above that of a damn cockroach, is to know not to expose your side to an enemy, to rotate your turret with your armor, not to block a retreating ally, to circle tank destroyers with mediums, and so on. The fact that I see players with Tier X's and still not understand these things confuses and pains me.

Tier XObj 268, T-62AT110E3, E 100, T110E5FV4202IS-7FV215bObj 140, Jg Pz E 100M48 PattonE 50 MT110E4Leopard 1T57 HeavyIS-4Grille 15

~ How Do I Shoot?™ ~

DotheDishes #14 Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Players
  • 43717 battles
  • [TAKEN]

I call everyone a noob during a game (just a tactic to get them mad and throw them off their game) mainly because I am one and know how to identify them.  Heee Haw!

AmmorackedIS6 #15 Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:26 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 21929 battles
  • [_UF_]

View Postepicheeru, on 19 May 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Heavy campers. Just... -.-

Brawling TD's

Derp guns *Cough SU 152 and Cromwell*

Seal clubbers

Hey let me go to base first thing!

People who play for game play, who have no IDEA what these tanks are, and not the actual history behind the tanks. I hate this one the WORST

All fall under noob

The SU-152 was made for the deep gun.

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

ChaoticSpider #16 Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21292 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Postac1011990, on 08 May 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hey man don't worry about what people say, in game rage is usually pretty bad, it happens to everyone. I get mad to, but only if someone is camping or a t95 is flanking, those types of things. I think as long as you try, most people are good with that. The most important thing is just knowing what your tank is supposed to do (mediums usually flank, heavies lead attack etc). Even if your thumb cramps just keep pace with your teammates (assuming you drive with left hand) and that is helpful enough at times. Once a tank found out he couldn't pen anything so he become a voluntary hull down object (not saying you should do that lol) and our team shredded the reds because of him. Point of the game is to have fun, don't worry about people, even the best players get called noobs from time to time, can't satisfy everyone lol. 

I was the target 1 time in my t32. It was awesome having 5 tanks try and hit my turret while the rest of the team ate them up. Got a little nerve racking waiting for a red triangle to pop up versus all the greys.

Order unlocked: T110E5, IS-7, T110E4 & STB-1.

Anyone have some spare credits, send my way please and thanks.

Signature tanks T34 & Type 59. Visit us at http://www.momworldorder.com

ChaoticSpider #17 Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21292 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostKsftwe, on 19 May 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bad player at some point. I'd be lying if I said I didn't once make the very mistakes my teammates do that make me want to smash my face into a wall.

Key difference between me and these well-defined "noobs" - I learn. Sure, once upon a time, eons ago, I, too, flanked the hill with my medium on Mines. Once upon a time, I, too, neglected to rotate my hull with my turret. Once upon a time, I, too, didn't angle my armor. But the reason why I make none of those mistakes now is because I watch and learn. Flanking didn't work last time? I change my strategy. Some guy who I saw making some pro moves wiggles his hull and survives with 1 hp? I imitate him.

I just don't understand why some people with five, six, seven thousand battles STILL do not grasp the most elementary concepts and tactics of the game. I don't expect everyone to know exactly where to hit the T95 frontally. I don't expect everyone to know to angle the turret on the E 100. What I do expect from ANYONE with an IQ above that of a damn cockroach, is to know not to expose your side to an enemy, to rotate your turret with your armor, not to block a retreating ally, to circle tank destroyers with mediums, and so on. The fact that I see players with Tier X's and still not understand these things confuses and pains me.

You forgot one. Not paying attention and jumping out in front of a teammate before they fire and take a round in the back of the turret. That tweeks me the most. That was 1000+ worth of creds wasted or worse if apcr. I wish they'd give us friendly fire. It has a spot for it on stats. Wait, hhmmmm, nope bad idea... some noob would shoot me when trying to drive because their fire button is too close to the joystick. Lol

Order unlocked: T110E5, IS-7, T110E4 & STB-1.

Anyone have some spare credits, send my way please and thanks.

Signature tanks T34 & Type 59. Visit us at http://www.momworldorder.com

joker_alex99 #18 Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Private

• Players
  • 7124 battles
  • [HELLS]
Wow this guy is a noob. He really plays like he plays his first battle. After I wrecked him he has to come back and talk smack. Id hope everyone can get this guy off blitz. Seriously isn't AFK2 supposed to be a respectful clan? 

Player_5773117413 #19 Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostChaoticSpider, on 26 May 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

You forgot one. Not paying attention and jumping out in front of a teammate before they fire and take a round in the back of the turret. That tweeks me the most. That was 1000+ worth of creds wasted or worse if apcr. I wish they'd give us friendly fire. It has a spot for it on stats. Wait, hhmmmm, nope bad idea... some noob would shoot me when trying to drive because their fire button is too close to the joystick. Lol

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

"[This Quote Could Be Yours! Inquire today! Or any day, for that matter]" - [This Could Be You!]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users