The way different tanks are used

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

skourby #1 Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1536 battles

So I have been playing this game for a while, I have a nice score, a fair tier 6 German destroyer, but one thing really annoys me. Whenever I am going into battle I see that all the lower tiers are following me, like I'm a shield, even though they should be on the front lines, since I'm more vulnerable. Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but ever since I became a tier 6, my victory chance has dropped huge amounts. I know I can't blame the others if they really are confused, so I'm going to tell you what tanks are good to be used for.

Russian tanks are good if you want to be on the front lines, taking lots of shots with your heavy armor, and dealing severe amounts of damage. I would recommend a heavy for this nation.

American tanks are good for jukin' at lower levels, but up the tree, they are good for getting behind enemies and shooting their weak spots. Heavy or medium are good.

Germany is only good if you want a destroyer, but remember, never let enemies get on your weak spots, and stay behind to snipe.

Gozinta #2 Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 715 battles
 A 1 tier gap seems to make a huge difference in this game.  Maxxed out tanks can compete somewhat with the right shot placement, but it is tough to pen a higher tier usually.  The best bet is to hide behind that higher tier and scoot and shoot, because they can't go toe to toe.   Another good tactic is positioning so an enemy is behind another one if you are being double teamed.  Team damage is your friend and will help you deal with multiples.

HereFishyFishy #3 Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11552 battles
  • [BRSKT]
I think it depends alot on the tier as well.  The difference between T5 and T6 seems not as big as say T3 - T4.  What grinds my gears is when a bottom level guy in a TD go's rushing ahead and getting blasted before they even take a shot.

MAL1C10US1NT3NT #4 Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2198 battles
This is true. New tankers need to learn to play their class. I see many doing the opposite of what they should be doing i.e. Td's rushing to the frontline only to get chewed out in seconds, and heavies sniping from the extreme rear racking damage when they should be pushing, and eating shells with their armor that otherwise land on much more vulnerable classes'.

Captain_Dread #5 Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42773 battles
  • [III-C]
Also, it's best to attack in groups against single targets.  I'm a tank destroyer, so if I'm not already close to a good sniping location, I will tag along with a heavy to provide support.  

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."  Mark Twain

Mikko101098 #6 Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 767 battles
  • [T50BH]
Light- Scouting and taking out TD's with Speed.
Medium- Can be used for anything.
Heavy- Assault and crashing and taking bullets for comrads 
TD- Long range shooting and heavy destruction.

Mikko101098
World of tanks- 2 Year Veteran
World of tanks xbox- Closed Beta Tester
World of War Planes- Closed Beta Tester
World of tanks blitz- Veteran

zoom900 #7 Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4565 battles
  • [MNLX]

View Postskourby, on 04 July 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

So I have been playing this game for a while, I have a nice score, a fair tier 6 German destroyer, but one thing really annoys me. Whenever I am going into battle I see that all the lower tiers are following me, like I'm a shield, even though they should be on the front lines, since I'm more vulnerable. Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but ever since I became a tier 6, my victory chance has dropped huge amounts. I know I can't blame the others if they really are confused, so I'm going to tell you what tanks are good to be used for.

Russian tanks are good if you want to be on the front lines, taking lots of shots with your heavy armor, and dealing severe amounts of damage. I would recommend a heavy for this nation.

American tanks are good for jukin' at lower levels, but up the tree, they are good for getting behind enemies and shooting their weak spots. Heavy or medium are good.

Germany is only good if you want a destroyer, but remember, never let enemies get on your weak spots, and stay behind to snipe.

IS-3 has weaker armor than Tiger 2. Russian mediums are the most maneuverable out of all the countries. ISU-152 is a tier 8 that can equip the BL-10. elited medium Russian tank platoons can plow through even heavy tanks in seconds.

I'd like to see an M3 Lee tier 4 juke someone, heck it can't even juke a T95. Although the American heavies are "fast" their weak side armor makes them prone to being killed while trying to flank the enemies. American TDs have amazing armor and DPM...

The E-50 tier 9 medium has the SAME hull as the Tiger 2 HEAVY making it extremely well protected. Vk3001 has the 10,5 derp gun that 1 shot kills tier 3 tanks. It 2 shot kills most tier 4. Vk3601 has amazing armor for a tier 5. The Panther has gun with godlike accuracy and rate of fire. 

:) please check your sources. 

What tank is most suited for the jungle?

The Tiger:teethhappy:

Aivris #8 Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8126 battles
  • [PBKAC]
In my opinion, a tank's role should not be determined by its nationality - instead, by it's class and even by the situation of a battle.

HereFishyFishy #9 Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11552 battles
  • [BRSKT]
I agree 100% with Arkio, the battle situation is what sets up a tanks role in reality. If your teamed with 2 Russian TD's in a 3v3 t9 game, you just may have to play the pin cushion while they snipe the targets that come for you, no matter if your in a E50 or a patton.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users