Camping and Sniping: Know your differences

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

UwUmonkeChan #1 Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:50 PM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 31871 battles
  • [_V2_]

Camping And Sniping is hard to distinguish from each other. It's like Justin Bieber. You can't tell if he's a boy or a girl. Today I will settle all differences. To being with, Justin Bieber is a boy. Or so he says. Not really sure...

Camping:

When a player with very little brain cells left to spare, is in a position and will not move. This occurs most often on Oasis Palms where there are a lot of spawn campers. These people fear getting shot at and will attempt to hide themselves from the enemy. There are several types of camping.

-the Spawn Campers.

These are the people who go the entire match without moving more than 10 meters from where they spawn. They will often do very little to contribute to the team and are most common at mid tiers 4-7.

-the Heavy Campers

These are the huge heavy tanks like the Maus and E-100 who will camp. They ignore their role as a frontline in a battle and will do whatever they can to not get shot at. Having one of these on your team can be devastating. These tanks are the Brawns and shield of battle and removing even one, can and most likely result in a lost. They are common in wallet warriors driving the Lowe, T34, IS-6 and etc.

-the Know It All camper

These are people usually in TDs or in most of my battles, SuperPershings and other mediums, who think that just because they are in a Tank Destroyer, that they can camp the entire battle. This can be devastating when it's in a good tank like the T-95 or the T110E3 which has the armor to take on a role of a heavy tank. These idiots are somewhat common. They aren't as rare as Heavy Campers but aren't as common as Spawn Campers.

The Medium/Light Camper

These idiots aren't the bumbling heavy types. These are the people who are in the fastest tank on their team (Comets, Pattons, T-54s) and will do whatever they can to not get shot. This could mean hiding at spawn or at the corner of a map in some bush. Instead of doing their important and crucial role as a flanker or to rush hill, these people are to scared to get shot at and to dumb fully utilize their strengths of ROF and maneuverability. These are common in every single tier.

Snipers-

These are the people that can effectively position themselves and not move but still end up racking thousands of damage. This can be in a form of a Stug in a tier 9 battle as a result of a fail platoon (oops) but end up carrying the game with 2,000 damage. These people are smart and can think ahead determining the best location to position themselves in and make good use of their strengths and weaknesses.

MowHawk_Warbird #2 Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6042 battles
  • [ACDC]
+1, good breakdown

Closed Beta Tester for WOT: Generals

Proud LOTR fan

Also proud member of [SPUD]

BEST WEBSITE NA

_S3MPRIAN_ #3 Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11820 battles
  • [TSAR]
There still have to be limits to what a sniper should be. For example an E3 really shouldn't be sniping at the back. It should be using its armor to take hits for the team. Snipers also need to know when to move up to help their team instead of staying in their position untill they're alone on full health.

UwUmonkeChan #4 Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 31871 battles
  • [_V2_]

View Post_S3MPRIAN_, on 08 June 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

There still have to be limits to what a sniper should be. For example an E3 really shouldn't be sniping at the back. It should be using its armor to take hits for the team. Snipers also need to know when to move up to help their team instead of staying in their position untill they're alone on full health.

this is true but snipers can be whatever tank the player chooses to play. As long as he isn't a camping noob, he will make effective use of his tank. I have racked up a 5,700 damage game with a Radley Walters medal because I managed to get into a good position where I was able to snipe at the enemy.

Player935 #5 Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 52382 battles
  • [TOMB]
???:I don't know how but I kinda did both in the Oasis palms .  And almost got the last kill

zucccccccccc #6 Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13963 battles
  • [501DV]

View Postcrazychimp69, on 08 June 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Camping And Sniping is hard to distinguish from each other. It's like Justin Bieber. You can't tell if he's a boy or a girl. Today I will settle all differences. To being with, Justin Bieber is a boy. Or so he says. Not really sure...

Camping:

When a player with very little brain cells left to spare, is in a position and will not move. This occurs most often on Oasis Palms where there are a lot of spawn campers. These people fear getting shot at and will attempt to hide themselves from the enemy. There are several types of camping.

-the Spawn Campers.

These are the people who go the entire match without moving more than 10 meters from where they spawn. They will often do very little to contribute to the team and are most common at mid tiers 4-7.

-the Heavy Campers

These are the huge heavy tanks like the Maus and E-100 who will camp. They ignore their role as a frontline in a battle and will do whatever they can to not get shot at. Having one of these on your team can be devastating. These tanks are the Brawns and shield of battle and removing even one, can and most likely result in a lost. They are common in wallet warriors driving the Lowe, T34, IS-6 and etc.

-the Know It All camper

These are people usually in TDs or in most of my battles, SuperPershings and other mediums, who think that just because they are in a Tank Destroyer, that they can camp the entire battle. This can be devastating when it's in a good tank like the T-95 or the T110E3 which has the armor to take on a role of a heavy tank. These idiots are somewhat common. They aren't as rare as Heavy Campers but aren't as common as Spawn Campers.

Snipers-

These are the people that can effectively position themselves and not move but still end up racking thousands of damage. This can be in a form of a Stug in a tier 9 battle as a result of a fail platoon (oops) but end up carrying the game with 2,000 damage. These people are smart and can think ahead determining the best location to position themselves in and make good use of their strengths and weaknesses.

Perfect explanation. If only I could show this to all the haters :P ppsshh waterbugs. And I would show this to the "snipers" who do 200 dmg in tier 9. Btw Beiber is a she-male . +1

Ping Highscore: > 6 billion

I'm so good, I broke the Medium 1 damage record

_Hav0k #7 Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:15 AM

Professional Löwe Driver

• Players
  • 50268 battles
  • [4SKIN]

View Postcrazychimp69, on 08 June 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Camping:

-the Spawn Campers.

-the Heavy Campers

-the Know It All camper

Snipers-

Good guide +1.................................................Dat Stug tho

"And I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust." 

WREAKING HAVOK

Ksftwe #8 Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26250 battles
  • [PRAMO]

You should make "medium campers" its own category, because that's the type I see most often. If I had a dollar for every time I saw a Tier X medium perching on top of a cliff, only to get obliterated by the entire Red Army, I'd have enough money to bribe WG into banning these fools.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

219thlegion #9 Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

Crouching tiger, hidden Sniper

• Players
  • 10727 battles
I own the löwe and i do not camp either in fact im practically the 1st one ahead of everyone or am the only one flanking the enemy. I know u mean the guys that do not play the löwe to its upmost potential, but everyone should keep in mind it is somewhat a hard tank to fight in especially at tiers higher than it.

Sniper and td driver.

Psyberius #10 Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles

View Postcrazychimp69, on 08 June 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Camping:

-the Spawn Campers.

-the Heavy Campers

-the Know It All camper

Snipers-

Agreed! Apparently he didn't choose the Stug life. The Stug life chose him. Side note: Is it wrong to play a JagTiger life a frontline heavy when top tier and hull down and sides scrape and laugh like a maniac when we win? I only ask because I was called a noob for doing so regardless of the fact that we won and I did top damage and got the most XP LOL

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

popisdead #11 Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22765 battles
  • [ATC_]

You left out the fast medium camper. 

A T20 or Panther M10 which sits on the backside of a small hill/mound, often in pairs, always in the spawn, while allowing the 2-3 heavies to get circled by 7 enemy tanks and destroyed.  They also wrack up descent dmg cause no one shoots them until last.

I love kemping bush

01bps #12 Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31922 battles
  • [E25]
The T-34 and the Lowe are interesting tanks.  While having good guns, they are slow to reload and move and cannot take damage.  Since four shots at the front lower hull will make them an easy kill if placed on the front line, they seem to be better 2nd line tanks supporting a frontal assault from a more protect position.  I have tried being on the front line with both and have found myself the first to be killed.  I try to play them hull down near the front (when terrain allows), but have also found their slow reload time allows enemy forces to overrun my position.  Nonetheless, they do provide some enjoyable premium play.

ChaoticSpider #13 Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26677 battles
  • [MOM]
Kudos! One additional camper, the Cap Camper. Peeps who dart to the Cap and sit there and get popped every so often so that they never get past 50 capture points but also never seem to die till the end and rare inflict damage. Had one today in a T29 on Winter Malinovka. Mind you he was 1 of the 2 heavies on our team and 3 flankers brilliantly got behind Red until Red doubled back because there was no opposition at the mill. The rear flank turned into the front line. Ouch!

Order unlocked: T110E5, IS-7, T110E4 & STB-1.

Anyone have some spare credits, send my way please and thanks.

Signature tanks T34 & Type 59. Visit us at http://www.momworldorder.com

ChickenWangz13 #14 Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3050 battles
too bad campers probably will never read this:(

Ronphist #15 Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9335 battles
  • [AODC]

My definition of camping vs. sniping is that if you are helping your team more by staying where you are then you are not camping. Like on oasis palms, it's fine to sit at spawn in a tank destroyer as long as you are getting frequent easy shots at the reds. You are camping if you are on oasis palms sitting at spawn in a td while the battle takes place behind a hill on the other side of the map and you never get a shot.

T95 Acquired

CrazyHunter13 #16 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7311 battles
I would disagree with the rarity of the heavy campers for I have seen them very recently. I do mostly appear as a camper myself as I am smart and wait until I get a clear shot at the track, ammo rack or the engine. If I don't get an oputunity, I will move to a better location unless I'm in the Hetzer. Then I'll be chasing down noob heavies and meds while sniping the tds and laughing my butt off as they rage about bouncing shots, not smart enough to aim at the lower front plate or shoot my tracks

Edited by CrazyHunter13, 02 July 2015 - 06:50 AM.

king123440 #17 Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4143 battles

I usually do well in my ISU and snipe the enemy like a boss. I remember a game I played yesterday where I sat at my usual sniping spot in Winter Malinkova and sniped the enemy team the entire match without leaving my spot until the end when I was finally spotted. That's how exposed they were lol. I racked up almost 5k dmg. :D

Now where's the results...

Line completed: IS-7

Line currently grinding: IS-4

Progress on tank line: ST-1

tcamp48 #18 Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 80329 battles
  • [III-S]
Well said! :great:

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

ThatBaconGuyFTW #19 Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4295 battles
Nice guide, +1.

BaconWaffles? No? What about WafflePies? BaconWafflePies? :O

johnmatthewkeogh #20 Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16760 battles
Spot on, except for the rarity of Heavy Campers. Played 17 games last night and in different games had green players in Churchill 1, M6, KV-1 and T-150 camping. No, not AFK, instead driving up monster hills to take up "sniping" positions. A few of them even did decent amounts of damage, but that didn't help much in the 1v3-4 situations I kept getting into as the other top tier heavy. It might work sometimes, no doubt, but when you take your tank out of the role it's designed for that opens a big opportunity for the red team. The choir can now considered itself fully preached.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users