T1 Heavy Guide

land whale T1 T1 Heavy heavy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

EPICANDY0131 #1 Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

The T1 Heavy is my most successful tank so far.

I have elited this vehicle in 61 battles. In these 60+ games, I have come out with 95% wins (58w/3l) and survived 50 games total. I averaged 2.7 tanks killed each game, 1469 damage, 698 exp, and 1.8 enemies spotted for each game. My max exp was 1214, allowing my to get an Ace Tanker Mastery Badge. Awards include: 19 Top Guns, 11 Confederate, 1 Raseiniai Heroes' Medal, 5 Pool's Medals, 5 Radely-Walter's Medals, Survivor streak of 15, 6 Steel Walls, 2 Defenders, 1 Invader, 2 Scout, 22 Sniper, 1 Kolobanov's Medal, 1 Kamikaze, Reaper Streak of 3, 2 Cool-Headed, Master Gunner Streak of 32, Sharpshooter Streak of 41.

Fair enough I have platooned many games in this vehicle, but some of the amazing games I had were solo. All suggestions are subjective.

Tech Tree Research Steps:

Turret/Suspension -> Gun/Turret -> Suspension/Gun -> Engines (both, preferably)

Let's take a closer look at each of the modules.

Guns:

Gun 3-inch Gun M7/Gun 76mm Gun M1A1

The stock gun fires slower, has less penetration for both AP and APCR, and is less accurate than the upgraded M1A1.

Unfortunately, for newer players, if the T1 Heavy is the first tank you have bought after the Lee, the M1A1 may not already be researched. (I played the M4 Sherman before this.)

In addition, the turret has to be researched, which costs even more exp. But when you get this gun, it is all worth it.

Turrets:

Turret T1D5/Turret T1D6

From the statistics, the stock turret seems better. But you NEED the M1A1 gun on this tank. Get the upgraded turret. Personally, I free experienced it, as I already had the M1A1 gun. I think it played a big role in my ability to carry games.

Suspensions:

Suspension HVSS T31/Suspension HVSS T35

It is an immediate upgrade with an addition 5 degrees of traverse per second. Please do not skip this upgraded suspension.

Engines:

Engine Wright G200 M795Cl9GC1/Engine Wright G2X M781C9GC1/Engine Wright G200 M781C9GC1

The engines do not add additional weight at all. If you really want to skip researching the last engine, the mobility is simply okay. I recommend do getting the last one, as it directly transfers over to the M6.

Consumables:

(recommended)

-Multi-Purpose Restoration Pack

-Repair Kit

-First Aid Kit

OR

-Adrenaline/Case of Cola

Shell Loadout:

(because I still have the tank, why not?)

-60/65 AP

-10/5 APCR

-5 HE

Equipment:

(only if you really want to keep this tank)

-Gun Rammer

-Enhanced Gun Laying Drive

-Improved Ventilation/Toolbox

Gameplay:

STOCK T1 Heavy:

I have not really played this tank stock at all. But I will try my best. As a stock T1 Heavy, your tank is VERY slow. Especially at turning. Never try turning in water of any sort. The engine power is decent, but don't try to expect any rockets flying around. Another thing to watch is your armor. The T1 has many frontal weakspots, and the side and rear are a nightmare. Even when lower tier tanks shoot at you. The 76mm gun is okay, with great alpha and a mediocre rate of fire, but the penetration is lacking when thrown against other T1s or higher tiered opponents. KV-1s, Ram IIs, mobile mediums are all a problem to you. The stock turret also has a cupola/machine gun? or some sort on top as another weakspot.

MAXED/(almost maxed) T1 Heavy

Now that you have (hopefully) upgraded everything, learning to position yourself to maximize your armor is increasingly important. The left side of the frontal plate is weaker than the right, so you should aim over your right fender to increase the thickness. However, since the front is shaped like the Ferdinand's/Tiger P's hull, the two angled parts on each corner are fairly weak. The long side armor also restricts the angle you can slant your armor to the enemy. This may also provide opportunities for reverse side-scraping, although I have not tried it. In addition to the usual heavy tank roles, the T1 can also ram. It gets extremely mobile (somewhat) and can reach its top speed when the last engine is mounted. This, combined with a weight of 58~ tons, ramming lightly armored/ lightweight targets, such as the Marder II, you may not even have to fire a single shot.

So there is my review!

I am open to criticism and corrections. FLAME AWAY!

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

concep #2 Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Stop Tunneling Me

• Players
  • 35720 battles
  • [-RGN-]
Bro, there's already a T1 Heavy guide and it's much longer than this. You should look if a substantial guide as been posted before making one.

Tier Xs (in order of unlocking): T110E5, M48 Patton, T-62A, IS-7, E50M, IS-4, FV4202, T110E3, FV215b, Obj. 268, T110E4, Leopard 1, Obj. 140, STB-1, Obj. 263, T57 Heavy, AMX 50B, Bat Chat 25t

Most played tank: T-62A (3,100 battles)

Favorite Quotes                       #BACKFROMTHEGRAVE                                   YouTube Channel!

HereFishyFishy #3 Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11554 battles
  • [BRSKT]
^^ I like the idea of a subform for guides on tanks with seperate threads for each nation.  would make this much less likely to happen.

EPICANDY0131 #4 Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4817 battles

View Postconcep, on 09 July 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Bro, there's already a T1 Heavy guide and it's much longer than this. You should look if a substantial guide as been posted before making one.

It is not "much longer".

But I have since then read his, and he did not talk much about the armor profile and ramming capabilities.

EPICANDY0131[FLYNT]: IS-8; T-54; T32; Tiger II; KV-1S; M4A2E4; T82; M3 Light; T18; BT-2; +2 slots

Recruiter & Trainer of Flyinite

~PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN!!!~

(post stats please)

MAL1C10US1NT3NT #5 Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2198 battles
I think it's beneficial to hear from more than just one tanker's tactics & aspects of how to run any given tank. It's not like the other T1 guide was any better. I think they both had something to say. Longer? I'm not sure that constitutes superiority of a tank guide one way or the other. It's a guide, which is used to guide players new to a tank in a certain direction in order to help them shorten their learning curve, and hopefully become accustomed to running it effectively a bit quicker than maybe a tanker that doesn't bother to visit the forums. I'm glad Epic took the time to give his take on what makes his T1 tick, as I was glad to see more than one T1 guide. These forums would end up being pretty bland if we closed shop on the opinions of others just b/c someone else beat them to it. Why don't we wait for the guides here in the blitz forums to get a bit more watered down before we discourage tankers from writing them in the 1st place. 

Presidenchill #6 Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 760 battles
  • [JNTJL]

View PostMAL1C10US1NT3NT, on 10 July 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

I think it's beneficial to hear from more than just one tanker's tactics & aspects of how to run any given tank. It's not like the other T1 guide was any better. I think they both had something to say. Longer? I'm not sure that constitutes superiority of a tank guide one way or the other. It's a guide, which is used to guide players new to a tank in a certain direction in order to help them shorten their learning curve, and hopefully become accustomed to running it effectively a bit quicker than maybe a tanker that doesn't bother to visit the forums. I'm glad Epic took the time to give his take on what makes his T1 tick, as I was glad to see more than one T1 guide. These forums would end up being pretty bland if we closed shop on the opinions of others just b/c someone else beat them to it. Why don't we wait for the guides here in the blitz forums to get a bit more watered down before we discourage tankers from writing them in the 1st place. 

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS GUIDE AND THIS COMMENT.. I GET TIRED OF PEOPLE TYPING OUT USELESS COMMENTS THAT DO NOT HELP MAINTAIN THE FOCUS OF THE OP. IF YOU GOOGLE A GUIDE YOU WILL GET TONS OF GUIDES.. IS HE SUGGESTING ONE GUIDE PER FORUM? RETARDED. MANY POVS, MANY PLAYSTYLES, MANY GUIDES OVERALL CREATE MASS INFO TO A POINT WHERE THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OUT.. THERE ARE TANKS SOME PLAY AS SNIPER, SCOUT, ASSASSIN,TANK,ETC. I WOULD HATE TO BE FORCED TO READ ONE PERSONS POV ON ANY SUBJECT. Great guide and great t1 heavy stats..

KimJongSpoon #7 Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10561 battles
  • [WT]
Even if there are already guides out there, it is good to hear how different people play different tanks. Also, with a 95% WR after 60 games, I don't care how many reviews there are, I certainly want to hear what you have to say (especially with the chestful of medals your T1 has, I think any opinion you have on the tank is substantiated). Great review, EPICANDY0131! I can't wait to see you in battle some time in the future:rolleyes:.

Tier 10s: E100, FV4202, FV215b, Death Star, Mighty Maus, E50M, T110E4, 

Check out our YouTube Channel: WoTeam

Favorite tanks: Both FVs, Panther II, VK 30.01 D, Pz. III/IV, T49, T-34-85 Victory, Comet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users