T26E4 Tactics?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

LightSkinRizzKing #1 Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 33091 battles
  • [ZR0]

Hey guys, so I just bought the T26E4 Super Pershing. I have tons of experience on heavies between blitz and the Xbox but none with any of the Pershing line. I play the T29 all the time but my question is what is the best play style for the T26E4? I have played one game in it so far and it seemed to have a good gun and decent armor like the T29 but I would like to hear others thoughts on the tabks pros and cons?

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

Chopstick_Gamer #2 Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6297 battles
It's SUPER slow, pen on the gun is garbage so you need to load a lot of gold, the cheeks and top of the turret are weak so you need to move back and forth to avoid getting hit, sides and rear are made of wet toilet paper, the fronal hull armor is impressive, but T9 TDs will punch right through, vulnerable to CoD from T54s

Silevern #3 Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:15 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17653 battles
  • [-_S_-]

I don't own the tank so I am by no means qualified to respond to you, but having fought quite a few of these I think I have the right to pitch in a few tips.

The SuperPershing is known to have three large weak points in the turret: top of the turret and the two bottom corners. An experienced player fighting you at close range will have no trouble finding and exploiting these weak points. As a result, you are advised to fight at a healthy range, maybe within radar range but not close enough that an enemy will be able to accurately shoot here. If you find yourself in a position like this, wiggle your turret constantly so they have a harder time shooting.

Your hull armor and the front of your turret armor are very strong. Additionally, when scoped in, players see a large expanse of brown, because the armor is spaced. This means there are two layers of armor with empty space between. In the SuperPershing's case, it is a Pershing's armor with a thick sheet of armor covering the hull's front and the turret's front. Because this extra plate is rather thin (but thick enough to block shots), scoped in players will think they can penetrate but it will bounce. Expect lots of noobs to fire and bounce off of you.

The SuperPershing is rather slow for a medium, so don't expect to be able to flank around. It should almost be played like a heavy.

That's all I know. Ask someone else about the gun, I only know its armor and speed.

Hope this is helpful be sure to keep asking questions.

Silevern #4 Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

To Valhalla! Witness me!

• Players
  • 17653 battles
  • [-_S_-]

Take a look at this picture that I found. The parts of the armor that have been colored red and orange have good armor. Notice the large red plate on the turret. Any part of the turret that is not red can be penetrated, so you must take care to wiggle your turret or fight at range.

_G_E_M_ #5 Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17206 battles
  • [KNGTS]
If you see a tank smaller than you face hug and you'll be invincible

Th3Terminat0r #6 Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10620 battles
  • [-TT-]

The best advice i can give for the T26E4 is to go hull down near some allies and provide fire support if you are low tier, buy some gold to put that amazing APCR pen to some good use and when the time comes for you to be the hero keep track of what has a hard time penning you. For instance an IS3 cant pen a super pershing unless he uses gold so you can either A. Hull down or B. If you are pretty isolated then facetank him and wiggle the turret to make it harder to hit the cupola. Soviet tanks have no option but to shoot the upper glacis or cupola if you facetank and you can shoot down on them, use that to your advantage. You will laugh at how rediculously easy it is just to facetank if you are high tier and how good the pen is if you are low tier though the DPM leaves much to be desired.

Just remember, hull down all the time and use facetanking to your advantage against certain tanks. I wouldnt imagine it would work too well against the tiger 2 but i could be wrong.

Tank Terminators

Message me for invites if you wish. 50% or higher win ratios tier 8 and up.

dimzzy #7 Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39962 battles
  • [-1]

MSixteen #8 Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles
the most important thing you need to know about playing the T26E4 is... don't. it's terrible. just don't play it.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

LightSkinRizzKing #9 Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 33091 battles
  • [ZR0]
Thank you all. I have taken the advice here and put it to good use. While not invincible if you keep the front towards the enemy, not even angle in most cases about 85-90% of shots bounce! It's pretty cool! Gun is decent but as always if you pick your shots. 

dimzzy #10 Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39962 battles
  • [-1]
Another good thing about it is that it's pretty rare so many people have no idea how to deal with it )))

LightSkinRizzKing #11 Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 33091 battles
  • [ZR0]
True dimzzy, I have noticed people trying to sit and brawl with me at medium range and they just can't. The T26E4 just laughs at them.... Unless they flank.... Then it cry's :( lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users