Is the TOG II* really worth it?

TOG II tog 2 Panther M10 worth It? gold British tanks tog value

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Does the TOG II* make up for it's lack of speed in it's other strengths? (122 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Does the TOG II* make up for it's lack of speed in it's other strengths?

1. Yes (66 votes [54.10%])

Percentage of vote: 54.10%

2. No (43 votes [35.25%])

Percentage of vote: 35.25%

3. I don't know (13 votes [10.66%])

Percentage of vote: 10.66%

Vote Hide poll

Lephturn #41 Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Club Wargaming
  • 22174 battles
  • [III-S]

View Postsureshot275, on 31 July 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

I love mine. But it's only fun if you play in packs of them. You can role down the middle of the map and use the DPM it has to clear a path for your team. If theres 2 or more of you.

This. I would add to what was said above as well - one TOG II is a target. Two of them platooned is a 3,000 HP wave of destruction.

Only get a TOG II if you have a platoon mate with a TOG II.

Lephturn Triarii Signature Media Producer

Host of the World of Tanks Blitz podcast TANK BOOM!

Search for "tank boom" on iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud or your podcast player of choice!

Android user? Get the Tank Boom! App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tank.boom

SonnetVolta #42 Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:21 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14686 battles
  • [SPUDX]
^ Almost agree. The TOGtoon is great, but so is the "TOG Me to Church" platoon of Churchill VII and TOG II*.

Put the TOG one TOG-length behind Churchill VII. Churchill will frequently have to pause (and angle armor) so TOG can keep up. Drive toward cap but DO NOT cap. When danger appears, angle Churchill 30deg and put TOG hull-down behind Churchill. TOG can out-turret any COD, so Churchill's job is to stay between TOG and the biggest derp gun on red.

It doesn't matter that TOG loses pref MM with this move. Few tier VIIIs will beat this pair.

The Churchill VII has impenetrable frontal armor (hull and turret) at tier VI, plus a very accurate and fast gun, but rear armor is dreadful and the dpm is mild.
TOG II* has terrible hull armor, decent turret armor, and the best gun at tier VI*.

*There are tier VI guns that are better in ONE area than the TOG gun, but they all have a weakness (low accuracy, slow reload, or bad gun depression). The TOG gun has ZERO weaknesses.

better sig

furicle #43 Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

Tuber or not tuber...

• Players
  • 46762 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostSonnetVolta, on 04 November 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

TOG II* has terrible hull armor, decent turret armor, and the best gun at tier VI*.

*There are tier VI guns that are better in ONE area than the TOG gun, but they all have a weakness (low accuracy, slow reload, or bad gun depression). The TOG gun has ZERO weaknesses.

Actually, I think the Churchhill GC top gun is the best gun at VI - too bad about the rest of that tank :-)

_______  __  _____      
  / __/ _ \/ / / / _ \
 _\ \/ ___/ /_/ / // /
/___/_/   \____/____/

Prammo comes naturally to a golden russet...

TexaninSteelTown #44 Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

Kaiser of the Prussian States of Africa

• Players
  • 12711 battles
  • [GLXY]

View PostTed_Ham, on 15 June 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hello, Tankers.

I am in discernment. I would like to get the TOG II, but don't know if I should. I know it has a great gun, tons of armor, a cult following,:B low speed, and a fast reload time. 

I want to know if it earns LOTS of credits quickly, can deflect shots considering it has the flattest side in the game, and any other facts you all wish to tell me. 

I have a friend who has some Tier X tanks, potato_annihilator45, and he hates the TOG. He urges me to get the Panther M10, which he says is the best tank in the game. I know the P/M10 is a bit more expensive, but if I need to spend a bit more for a better tank, then so be it.  

Yours in Tanking,

Ted_Ham

Your friend was drunk when he said that. Panther M10 sucks compared to the Tog. Tog is da best!

C8bBIbj.png

Uber_Killed_You #45 Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39116 battles
  • [UBER]
All I can say is I love seeing TOGS and M10's.  Can you say target practice and easy kills? :)

WouldChip #46 Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:13 PM

Mortem Fiat Vobis

• Players
  • 36731 battles
  • [III]

View PostLephturn, on 04 November 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

This. I would add to what was said above as well - one TOG II is a target. Two of them platooned is a 3,000 HP wave of destruction.

Only get a TOG II if you have a platoon mate with a TOG II.

Just a couple of days ago, went 10-2 in a TOG platoon with a clanmate. I was actually going for a Survivor medal at the end as I had 8 battles in a row without dying, needed 10. Won the match, but lost the run at 9 survivals. Will be doing that one again. Hilarious fun wrecking people coming for some of what they think is going to be free and easy HP.

A platoon of these are extremely strong. They are a great break from the usual grinds.

{¡¡¡}   Community Pledge Signer   {¡¡¡}

YouTube Channel

BlitzStars Profile

musicrockinrobin #47 Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:27 AM

Private

• Players
  • 21831 battles
I have found the Panther M10 to be a fun, fast and hard hitting tank. It is a good credit earner (as most Premiums are) but the win rate was below my average, which I felt was at least partially due to the match ups I was getting. TOG does not interest me due to excessive slow speed, and therefore haven't had one..good luck.

Uber_Killed_You #48 Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39116 battles
  • [UBER]
Well until I platooned with someone I thought this tank sucked. But I'm up in the 70's now with my WR with it. But you have to have at least a decent team. Which nowadays is getting harder and harder lol.

Edited by Enostorif, 04 December 2015 - 08:52 PM.

LoweExpectations #49 Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

Icelandic

• Players
  • 14905 battles

View PostLitany_NA, on 15 June 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

No. If you wanna stack to the ceiling, buy an IS-6.

Lowe is superior.

Honors: Most Mentally Insane Leopard PTA Driver, Pioneer of the Dracuyolo, Guides.

firesteve252 #50 Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 41562 battles
  • [BHAWK]
I've had my TOG for a while and love it. It doesn't matter if you get 4+ kills or gang banged because everyone want to say they killed a TOG. It's just a fun tank to play. 

Uber_Killed_You #51 Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39116 battles
  • [UBER]
I have changed my mind of the Tog. It is a fun tank and if you can platoon, the mayhem is amazing. :) 

spamalot2010 #52 Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14880 battles

Just Picked up the TOG with the discount and ran it platooned. Its such a stupid fun tank. the Lulz from the dpm and insane HP pool are unmatched in any of my other tanks.

The only premium I have that's more fun is the Kenny as top tier smashing noob faces.

Just3Guys #53 Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3174 battles
  • [L0ST_]

i would tell you to either get the TOG or the IS-6 its reliable like everyone else said take avantage of the TOGs slow speed for a Wall in many Small spots so allys can hide behind your inevitable wall

In my case, the TOG is just a Moving wall with a gun on it.

°д° << FEAR. btw going to find out how to get that on blitz.

its not easy having a Tiger I but only having less then 100k credits to still HAVE the Tiger I. oh what to do

Your Everyday Player.°д°

Just the Tiger I (with almost 45.7k EXP on it)

GRINDY GRINDY GRINDY. (not as grindy as H&G doe)

4100xpb #54 Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16953 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 15 June 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Depends on what you refer to as fun.

It's stupidly slow.  Usually by the time you get to the fight one of your team mates is dead.  Rarely, you don't get to the fight because even though you've been moving at full speed the whole time the other six people on your team have just taken care of business without you.

Most of the time when the battle starts people will be "OMG TOG!"  "KILL TOG"  "I WANT TOG" "STICK WITH TOG" etc etc.  So if you enjoy that sort of attention, then maybe you'll think it's fun.

Most of your battles you will slowly move out, try and find the enemy, locate someone who wants to peek-a-boom you to death, which you can't really do back, or charge at, and you will get in a shoot out, and once you've been spotted the Reds come in like sharks to the kill.

Of course, my experience with the TOG is solo, and I'm definitely not that skilled in the Way of the TOG.  My best game in the TOG I won by not shooting.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/16948-game-won-no-damage-taken-never-fired-a-shot-killed-two-tanks/page__fromsearch__1

I've heard that a platoon of them is fairly OP, and I could probably believe that... They would have a HUGE pool of HP, and a pretty amazing DPM and pen... so it would be difficult for the Reds to approach.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Pretty much nails it.  You don't buy TOG because it's a 'good' tank, you buy it because you enjoy crusing the battlefield in an ocean liner drawing open jawed stares, and heaps of incoming fire.  It's slow, gigantic, has bad armour for the tier, but a pretty good gun. And with its HP pool, it can hold out in certain situations where other tanks can't.  It makes pretty good credits for the most part.  Play it enough and you'll eventually even snag a scout/patrol duty medal in it.  In short, buy it for lulz and fun, not serious tanking.  :deer:

gunslang_iron #55 Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7100 battles
  • [OLDIE]
I got a steel wall and cold hearted in my TOG. ALL HAIL TOG

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #56 Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:40 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 52230 battles
  • [RNSF]
Tog is a lovely tank.
I'm not even fussed about the mobility, as it has a turret, and the turret spins pretty well. It's not a tank to cod.

I will say, I bought it knowing it could get he pen'd by a kv2, and in general I could do well against soviet derps. They were not to be feared, only respected.

I did however find new fear for the flat panzer. You might think tog has enough HP and ROF, but jg.pz.4 disagrees. All the flat panzer drivers I came across were more than happy to trade HP. Very annoying. Tog wins trades by taking continuously. Jgpz4 has to be one of the only tier six tanks that can match shot for shot.

Makes great credits, as it just pumps out the damage. Pen ten shots a game and you're rolling in silver coin and purple wn8.

>>>canine prints have claw marks, yet "mans best friend" camo does not; it would seem then that mans best friend is a cat... probably a leopard.

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

_Hav0k #57 Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:49 PM

Professional Löwe Driver

• Players
  • 48256 battles
  • [PNCR]
Buy dicker max if u want to credit print:great:

"And I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust." 

WREAKING HAVOK

noobest_noob #58 Posted 26 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11 battles
Tog to you later

Limey69 #59 Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

Private

• Players
  • 995 battles
  • [PRADA]
One thing: never ram a Tog.

airstiker #60 Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:05 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15465 battles

View Postdilusions, on 15 June 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

No. If you wanna stack to the ceiling, buy an IS-6.

IS-6 is garbage. I am good in it, 61% WR and 600 battles. Löwe and T54 mod 1 are much better

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users