Need confirmation: AFKs don't need to be killed for a victory

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

reluctanttheist #1 Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 24142 battles
  • [III-H]

Thanks to Clydeman72 for observing that in a game, the last red alive was an AFK.  This tank wasn't killed, but the game was still a victory (I presume the game timer ran down to 0.)

Can our mods confirm that this new functionality has been added to the game?  If so, kudos! :great:

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Kiser_Sosei #2 Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 30434 battles
  • [III-R]
My first guess is that its part of the bug. Some guys get kicked out of game and then they have no record of being in that game. Thus the game may also think they were not in it.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

Putins_Chariot #3 Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

Admiral Kitty

• Players
  • 22246 battles
The butthurt of when robbed of a 7 kill wile be quite funny... I'd suggest making them an insta kill for the last guy

Chasz_65 #4 Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11073 battles
  • [-BU-]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 17 June 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

My first guess is that its part of the bug. Some guys get kicked out of game and then they have no record of being in that game. Thus the game may also think they were not in it.

Probably this. 

PinDadNW #5 Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38880 battles
  • [RAIDR]
I just had a Tog drop in the water on the new Port map. It had full health, didn't die, but when he was the last red the game ended. The indicator at the top of the screen showed he was knocked out even though he had full health. It's part of the known bug with the new map.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

Docmike1974 #6 Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11773 battles

View PostPinDadNW, on 17 June 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

I just had a Tog drop in the water on the new Port map. It had full health, didn't die, but when he was the last red the game ended. The indicator at the top of the screen showed he was knocked out even though he had full health. It's part of the known bug with the new map.

If the crew is all dead the tank is still able to take damage and still appears on the map.  If you were able to shoot the Tog you would of been able to accrue damage but this would of required one of his teammates to still be alive.

Asiaticus #7 Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16340 battles
  • [III-S]

View PostPinDadNW, on 17 June 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

I just had a game on Port in which the same thing happened.

Tgb_matt #8 Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 56642 battles
  • [ADEPT]
That's not a bug. It was mentioned beforehand that tanks would no longer auto destruct upon all crew members dieing, but that the tank would remain in play and be able to be destroyed by enemy tanks.
If you pay attention you will see the skull and crossbones "tank" destroyed message flash and his corresponding icon will go out. The other teams kill counter will not increase so you could show only 3 kills and win the game via all enemy destroyed.
That happened to the red team first time I played Port as half the greens, including my Platoon mate, raced to jump into the ocean.
The live tank ticker info above the tank makes it confusing as you pan the area for red tanks to kill. I think it would be better to be marked like other dead tanks. Then, if you see a non burned out tank with a dead label above it you know it's just just easy damage points but not a threat.

Nek3d #9 Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 36234 battles
  • [SCAMO]

I can confirm that now AFK players die automatically when timer runs off. However it looks like not every AFK, but only those who never entered the battle and never did anything in it. I was in a battle on Castillia and only enemy tank that left was AFK Tiger II at red spawn. Our IS-7 found him like 30 second before the end of the battle and managed to put two shots in him. Timer ran off with Tiger II still having 400-something HP, so I thought it is going to be a draw. However, at 0:00 there was an explosion sound and notification with skull and crossed bones and nickname of that Tiger II (same as when enemy tank drowns or falls from a cliff) and we got a victory.

However, I remember the other game where one player managed to drive 10 yards from spawn and turn his turret before going AFK and in that case auto-destruction did not happen so it ended a draw.

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. © George Patton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users