Should clan wars really happen?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Herodotus4 #1 Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19073 battles
  • [SRT-R]
Another game I play fairly regularly (Tales of Honor: the secret fleet) recently came out with PvP. Up until that point the forums for ToH (as I will call it from now on) were a very helpful place where everyone shared anything they found out about the game and tried to help each other, then PvP came out, it has a 1v1 set up and so caused rivalries between the top few players, however it was kept under control because some people hacked the game causing the people on the forums to band togather against them. Now however the problem is that the forums have degenerated into everyone playing their cards close to their chests in the hopes of getting a slight advantage and the forums have largly stopped being  helpful. My question is this, if we are competing directly against each other will everyone start considering advice to be a breach of national security and suddenly start hating each other, I know there are some very competitive people here (you have to be to care about blitz stars leaderboards) and I am worried about how much clan wars will hurt the camaraderie of the forums and turn it into a place to trash talk each other and try to feed other clans misinformation. 

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

http://aurora2.pentarch.org

AudioAmmunition #2 Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 13748 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Can we get any worse?

What I learned from certain people in this game: If I don't get what I want, then I'll keep whining about it.

Xavier5A #3 Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18207 battles
  • [ST3RM]
Clan wars have been expected since Blitz was announced. It's a great feature in WoT PC, and the forums/community is arguably stronger there than here.

I own 170 tanks. My records at WoT Blitz Stars, Wblitz.net, or Blitz Stars!

Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) • T7 Combat Car • T2 Light Tank • Tetrarch • M22 Locust • Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu • BT-SV • LTP • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J • BT-7 arty • M3 Light • Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) • T-127 • T-15 • A-32 • Sentinel AC I • Valentine II • Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) • Panzer IV Anko Special • Ram II • Pz.Kpfw. V/IV • T14 • Churchill III • Angry Connor • Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi • Dicker Max • Schmalturm Starchaser • Kuro Mori Mine • Cromwell B • AC IV Sentinel • T-34-85 Victory • E 25 • SU-122-44 • T6 Dracula • Type 62 • T-34-85 Rudy • Tankenstein • IS-2 • T23E3 • FCM 50 t • Löwe • T26E4 SuperPershing • IS-3 Defender • Type 59 • KV-5

Herodotus4 #4 Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19073 battles
  • [SRT-R]

View PostJimerian, on 22 June 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Can we get any worse?

Yes, we could turn into a more lasting version of general chat

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

CrimsonMG #5 Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9181 battles
It will be the toppest of keks.

Libereco #6 Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19231 battles
I played that but it became fairly repetitive. 

Delta256 #7 Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9830 battles
  • [IMPR]
Depends. Can never really predict how a community will react to a certain change. PC, for the most part, is still a useful place to get info on whatever tanks you're using, info isn't withheld in hopes of gaining an advantage. No telling if that will happen here or not. However, even if it does go south, the PC community can still supply relevant information that can also be used with WoTB.

I sometimes drive Warships too.

MikeZapTheTrapsPence #8 Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 23701 battles
  • [MAHOU]
I don't think it'll matter here, any helpful information will only take you so far and it won't put you at a great advantage, in battle it always boils down to situational awareness, strategy, skill, and how hard you can carry before you die. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

(~・・)~ Aussie is Awesome ~(・・~)

Check my profile for your ANIME needs or PM me!

>>>Join [MAHOU] Discord!!!<<<

koop123 #9 Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8062 battles
I feel actual clan wars strategy will be discussed on each clan's team speak and private forums. Many players will never play clan wars and this forum will still be a place for guides and reviews. When new lines are introduced you have to still pub grind the new tank. So I think players will still share what they have learned...at least I hope this will be the case.

WR~0.23% Damage Ratio~.0009  WN9~ 35.  Avg Tier~1.10

KimJongSpoon #10 Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10460 battles
  • [WT]
WoT PC has clan wars and their forums are helpful, so I would assume that the same will happen for blitz.

Tier 10s: E100, FV4202, FV215b, Death Star, Mighty Maus, E50M, T110E4, 

Check out our YouTube Channel: WoTeam

Favorite tanks: Both FVs, Panther II, VK 30.01 D, Pz. III/IV, T49, T-34-85 Victory, Comet

_Meta #11 Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19293 battles
  • [-SRT-]
It's all perspective. I mean how many times have you seen a vehicle comparison thread that people rave about what a great earner tank X is and how it's so much fun to play, yet you look at their info and they don't own it. It's the same with anything. You have to look at the info provided as well as the sources and draw your own conclusions. I don't think it will change much. Most people on here I think would agree that the player base is severely lacking in the skill department. We all want better teams or at least we say we do. Information sharing and Clan wars should give us those battles that we are looking for. I hope. 

"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta

ScumbagJuJu #12 Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 20347 battles
  • [GRIM]
I think it will be a fun feature. Encourages teamwork! Plus their ate prizes!!!

"I Shoot Gold Rounds To Show My Contempt For The Enemy's Poverty"

Star1- 1.6563(Super Unicum) WN8- 3795(Super Unicum)

65 From The Top

Loyal M60 & IS-6 Fearless Owner

ObjX #13 Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8192 battles

View PostHerodotus4, on 22 June 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Another game I play fairly regularly (Tales of Honor: the secret fleet) recently came out with PvP. Up until that point the forums for ToH (as I will call it from now on) were a very helpful place where everyone shared anything they found out about the game and tried to help each other, then PvP came out, it has a 1v1 set up and so caused rivalries between the top few players, however it was kept under control because some people hacked the game causing the people on the forums to band togather against them. Now however the problem is that the forums have degenerated into everyone playing their cards close to their chests in the hopes of getting a slight advantage and the forums have largly stopped being  helpful. My question is this, if we are competing directly against each other will everyone start considering advice to be a breach of national security and suddenly start hating each other, I know there are some very competitive people here (you have to be to care about blitz stars leaderboards) and I am worried about how much clan wars will hurt the camaraderie of the forums and turn it into a place to trash talk each other and try to feed other clans misinformation.

....Get out lol. No but really most of the games these days are really annoying and boring playing them by our self hence clan wars working as teams and such is a great feature. I can personally attest to how it makes a difference since I played WOT PC since the alpha days. The game started to get very stagnent and basically all you did was grind. When clan wars came out the community lived again, players became more active, national tournements started up great friendships and bonds were made. I have better and closer friends in PC and blitz then I have near my job but maybe thats just me. If you want to keep fighting random noobs and win/lose every now and then and keep grinding tank lines till you have them all you go ahead and do that. I how ever will be playing a mode that every day I will be excited to battle with 6 other players that I know have skill and I can actually rely on. And as far as teamspeak we already are discussing tactics and things of that nature and yes a few of us have a couple rivalries already but that is all becuase of attitudes, and personal behaviour.

View Post_Irregular_Apocalypse_, on 22 June 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

I feel actual clan wars strategy will be discussed on each clan's team speak and private forums. Many players will never play clan wars and this forum will still be a place for guides and reviews. When new lines are introduced you have to still pub grind the new tank. So I think players will still share what they have learned...at least I hope this will be the case.

And as far as what he said a lot of players will never play clan wars any way. Don't try to say "should clan wars even happen" when thats one feature that pays the bills that keeps game free for people like you that don't play in clan wars. Just try and remember that. Sorry if I sound rude but this was a very ignornant post, which added no value to what the devs should work on in this game of ours.

TIER X: E50M FV215B Object268 TIER IX: T54 Object 704 T30 TIER VIII: Indien Panzer Panther II Premiums: AT15A T34 T2Light

Prompt_N_Critical #14 Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41711 battles
  • [LXE]

Its already getting bad. Clans are poaching other clans players, going on each other's teamspeak channels for th purpose of esponage, and massive amounts of poo slinging on the forums. The ironic thing is most of these underhanded tactics are perpetrated by players that have a facade of righteousness. 

Herodotus4 #15 Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19073 battles
  • [SRT-R]

View Postpanzerace760, on 14 July 2015 - 02:41 PM, said:

Its already getting bad. Clans are poaching other clans players, going on each other's teamspeak channels for th purpose of esponage, and massive amounts of poo slinging on the forums. The ironic thing is most of these underhanded tactics are perpetrated by players that have a facade of righteousness. 

This is a reason I joined a non-teamspeak clan, go ahead and try to hack the forum and ingame PM system

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #16 Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 12188 battles
  • [III-H]

I have pondered on those same questions, Herodotus. I think that we will see a lot of switches and change ups in clans very soon after CW is released. There are so many arrogant personalities out there that as soon as one big team loses, the poor play won't be blamed on the team or the caller, but on everybody else and trash will be talked, with the "offenders" walking out of their clan. As soon as certain clans lose a battle, you know good and well that every person in that clan will have their fingers pointing at somebody else. 

In other words, I see a lot of infighting and schism occurring after CW comes out. 

Unifying TRIARII factors:

1.How much money we've spent on this game (not to mention the new parking garage required for all of our M 60's)

2. The amount of alcohol consumed while playing tanks. 

3. How much fun we have with, and at the expense of, each other

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #17 Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 12188 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postpanzerace760, on 14 July 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

I agree and I see many clans closing their TS servers to quell such things once the game really gets started. For now tactics are only that because we don't even know how they will set it up. It's all in the realm of possibility only. 

Unifying TRIARII factors:

1.How much money we've spent on this game (not to mention the new parking garage required for all of our M 60's)

2. The amount of alcohol consumed while playing tanks. 

3. How much fun we have with, and at the expense of, each other

R0CKET #18 Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 14527 battles
  • [-GNP-]

Wait until right before Clam Wars starts. 

There will be so much poaching.

Eggs Benedict will make you gag, at the very thought.

Bye Kbm, don't go away mad, just go away. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users