WoTB Asia Server Made a Big Step.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

SergPotato #1 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6892 battles

http://wotblitz.asia/en/news/pc-browser/News/new-anti-afk-policy/

I hope this is in the NA server, if not there must be. I had a lot of games with AFK players.

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

Pheldagriff #2 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostSergPotato, on 02 July 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

http://wotblitz.asia/en/news/pc-browser/News/new-anti-afk-policy/

I hope this is in the NA server, if not there must be. I had a lot of games with AFK players.

according to recent news, no

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

TheFritzBitz17 #3 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8503 battles
  • [273]

Not to be a downer, but I see this being abused in scenarios where life calls, or the game crashes or, worst of all, your internet connection dies.

Thats just my opinion though so don't take it seriously.

player_1234567890 #4 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37006 battles
  • [OMK]

Fabulous! Fantastic! Hallelujah! :izmena:

I am happy with the penalties that WG has decided to implement! There's even a permanent ban that WG may enact! This is wonderful news!

Sanctions

• 1st Offense – 1 day game ban
  • 2nd Offense – 3 days game ban
  • 3rd Offense – 7 days game ban
  • 4th Offense – 14 days game ban
  •  
  • Each situation will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Wargaming reserves the right to judge if players will receive a ban. A permanent ban on an offender's account will be issued in severe circumstances where a temporary ban is deemed insufficient.

As soon as this comes to the NA server, I'll be reporting everybody that I see! This is great! I do not care if life situations happen. I do not care if you have to change the diaper on your baby. I do not care what your excuse is. If you believe that there is a possibility that you might have to leave the match, then do not enter any match to begin with! Otherwise, you must suffer the consequences for your actions and your violations of the rules! :justwait:

This is great! First Failtoons have finally been dealt with and now soon afterwards, they are taking care of AFK players! Woah! These are big developments and a positive step forward for the game and for all players!:playing:

Edited by player_1234567890, 02 July 2015 - 09:15 AM.

Psychopathy #5 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20360 battles

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Fabulous! Fantastic! Hallelujah! :izmena:

I am happy with the penalties that WG has decided to implement! There's even a permanent ban that WG may enact! This is wonderful news!

Sanctions

• 1st Offense – 1 day game ban
  • 2nd Offense – 3 days game ban
  • 3rd Offense – 7 days game ban
  • 4th Offense – 14 days game ban
  •  
  • Each situation will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Wargaming reserves the right to judge if players will receive a ban. A permanent ban on an offender's account will be issued in severe circumstances where a temporary ban is deemed insufficient.

As soon as this comes to the NA server, I'll be reporting everybody that I see! This is great! I do not care if life situations happen. I do not care if you have to change the diaper on your baby. I do not care what your excuse is. If you believe that there is a possibility that you might have to leave the match, then do not enter any match to begin with! Otherwise, you must suffer the consequences for your actions and your violations of the rules! :justwait:

This is great! First Failtoons have finally been dealt with and now soon afterwards, they are taking care of AFK players! Woah! These are big developments and a positive step forward for the game and for all players!:playing:

But if people went AFK by accident like game keep crashing or kicking player out?

Senator_Ratbat #6 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:21 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5865 battles
  • [WGA]
Hey folks. I am in contact with my counterpart in Asia and the plan is to review the data from their implementation of the system. In short, they will take the lead with this workflow. Once we have early results and data from their implementation (and possible adjustment for the workflow) we will roll this out to NA.

player_1234567890 #7 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37006 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostPsychopathy, on 02 July 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

But if people went AFK by accident like game keep crashing or kicking player out?

That's for WG to decide, since it says that they will deal with every violation on a case by case basis.

And if somebody's game keeps on crashing, and that player keeps on joining match after match, knowing that there is a very good chance that their game will crash, then that's that player's own fault!

player_1234567890 #8 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37006 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 02 July 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Hey folks. I am in contact with my counterpart in Asia and the plan is to review the data from their implementation of the system. In short, they will take the lead with this workflow. Once we have early results and data from their implementation (and possible adjustment for the workflow) we will roll this out to NA.

That sounds great! :justwait:

Psychopathy #9 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20360 battles

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 02 July 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

This is good to hear.

MSixteen #10 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18582 battles
  • [_V_]

I'm actually excited about this news! I mean, I'll probably only report the players that were AFK the ENTIRE match (even though I've had to do it myself because I have to take care of my wheelchair bound mother.

If you play through a good portion of the match, and something crappy happens it usually isn't your fault. But if you're AFK the entire match, it probably is.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

drpal181 #11 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8759 battles
  • [OSTG]
What about bad connections? It feels like i am banned from playing because my connection drops as soon i get in the game. I have not been able to get on because of my [edited]service. i have horrable ping when it does let my on the sever. I have had 2 out of 3 games drop the connections on average and lost 2 to 3 days of paid pemiuem time so far and may lose more ic this crap contines. If Wargamming fix there fucken lag issues i would not mind but I am not the only one with connection issues. I have been encountering mid game AfKs as well. I cant see Wargamming banning peaple for issues beyond thier control. They need to fix their issues first before they take players paid time away.

player_1234567890 #12 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37006 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postdrpal181, on 02 July 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

What about bad connections? It feels like i am banned from playing because my connection drops as soon i get in the game. I have not been able to get on because of my [edited]service. i have horrable ping when it does let my on the sever. I have had 2 out of 3 games drop the connections on average and lost 2 to 3 days of paid pemiuem time so far and may lose more ic this crap contines. If Wargamming fix there fucken lag issues i would not mind but I am not the only one with connection issues. I have been encountering mid game AfKs as well. I cant see Wargamming banning peaple for issues beyond thier control. They need to fix their issues first before they take players paid time away.

If you're dropping 2 out of 3 games on average like you say, then something is obviously messed up with your connection or your service provider. That means that you are basically ruining 66 out of 100 matches for the other players on your team.

Psychopathy #13 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20360 battles

I am once AFK entire match on a new port bay Map in my Lowe, I think might be a bug or something. When crashes. I can't even get in because every time I reached battle loading screen game crashes again. I tried to relogin the whole battle and doesn't work at all until the battle finished and I can get back to the garage. 

Sometimes I have to deal with bad ping because I'm 8400 miles away from USA. Only some day that unplayable.

Even bad ping, I am managed to win the game anyway or do my best. It's hard to play like have to predict and shoot.

Senator_Ratbat #14 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:52 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5865 battles
  • [WGA]

View Postdrpal181, on 02 July 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

This is why we are not rolling this out globally yet. Asia has decided to run this and I believe what eventually gets implemented globally will be tweaked according to the data collected.

SergPotato #15 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6892 battles
The Reason I said this was a big step was because, it's a challenge to understand if they are afk, game crash, lag spike, out of batteries, or ping. Anything can happen, and they are taking risks of this being abused 

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

drpal181 #16 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8759 battles
  • [OSTG]

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

If you're dropping 2 out of 3 games on average like you say, then something is obviously messed up with your connection or your service provider. That means that you are basically ruining 66 out of 100 matches for the other players on your team.

For some reason my connection has been bad this past week. I payed my phone bill but that is not the problem. I am in the process of trying to get this fix by getting another phone. However, this is not the only time i have connection issues. This is the first time I can tell that my connection is bad. I am getting the searching for sevece message for the first time.

The issues that WG needs to fix is when the game crashes. I would have at least 1 game were i am kicked of the server per day by way of the app crashing. There have been times were there has been more that one player affected. I was flanking with another player and we both got kicked off the game at the same time. I was able to get back on in time but he did not and was Afk for the rest of the game. His gun was pointed at the incoming red team. It seems like when the spotted reds populate on the screen, the game crashes. I have seen team mates kill a tank and then go afk. This is a moble game played on an internet connection and all connections are not the same stringht. Afks are going to happen if we like it or not and there is no way to eliminate the problem completly.

There are going to be times when going afk is out of the players control. When the app freezes and does not close, i drop my connection. However, when the app closes on its own, in the middle of a game, its not a connection issue but a bad code. It is bad to punish afks for problems beyond thier control. I am losing paid time because of my connection, i don want to lose paid time for bad code beyond my control. I get it that bad code happens, the progamers are only human. I want wargamming to make a more complex game and i understand there will be more bugs along the way .I can tell when its the app or the connection. It it would not be fair to ban a player for problems with thier connection or just bad luck encountering an unprocessable code. 

WhaleSmacker #17 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

This is intresting......... 

This obviously can be easily abused, and is potentially lethal. I want there to be a penalty for reporting too much. Like u can only report once a day because WG are going to hire a lot more people if this is implemented.

Soon after I posted thishttp://forum.wotblit...-blitz-better/. This thread popped up. I see u ratbat. ;)

interstellor #18 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8733 battles

View PostTheFritzBitz17, on 02 July 2015 - 05:07 AM, said:

Not to be a downer, but I see this being abused in scenarios where life calls, or the game crashes or, worst of all, your internet connection dies.

Thats just my opinion though so don't take it seriously.

you are alright man ! I wonder if people will try to ban campers too, sometimes I am afk, but not because I want to be afk, this ruins my Winrate, but when I am afk, it is always because of a good reason (parents, internet connection disappear, crashes) I don't want to be banned because of one of those reasons !

<< You go to the war with the army you got, not the army you want >> CC_Sly

T110E4 : completed                                       Best tank type in WoTs : light tanks

T-62A : T-54, owned                                        my YouTube : https://m.youtube.co...7Mb9GphJg-oYOmw 

Maus : VK 45.02 Ausf. B, owned.                 Hang on, the french guy is here !

Droidekool #19 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26556 battles
  • [RBLN]
We Have LtP and M3 light right? Use them as a lag tester.  

Tier X: E100, Jadgpanzer E100, E50M, T110E5, T110E3, IS7, Object 268

Tier IX: E 75, E 50, M 103, IS 8, Jagdtiger, Object 704T95

Premium Tank: Tankenstein, Jadgpanther

vvk2 #20 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 72037 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I wonder what that in-game fix is. For a while (at least since 1.9) I noticed this

Spoiler

Right when the game ends, sometimes some tanks gets self-destroyed, likely AFKs. Once I got a Kolobanov while I knew there was another green tank still alive, but it got self-destroyed as soon as I finished the last red tank. So, I bet  WG built an internal mechanics to detect AKFs. 

So they may cross reference that data with the afk reports....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users