• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

CrimsonMG #61 Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10731 battles

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

Fabulous! Fantastic! Hallelujah! :izmena:

I am happy with the penalties that WG has decided to implement! There's even a permanent ban that WG may enact! This is wonderful news!

Sanctions

• 1st Offense – 1 day game ban
  • 2nd Offense – 3 days game ban
  • 3rd Offense – 7 days game ban
  • 4th Offense – 14 days game ban
  •  
  • Each situation will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Wargaming reserves the right to judge if players will receive a ban. A permanent ban on an offender's account will be issued in severe circumstances where a temporary ban is deemed insufficient.

As soon as this comes to the NA server, I'll be reporting everybody that I see! This is great! I do not care if life situations happen. I do not care if you have to change the diaper on your baby. I do not care what your excuse is. If you believe that there is a possibility that you might have to leave the match, then do not enter any match to begin with! Otherwise, you must suffer the consequences for your actions and your violations of the rules! :justwait:

This is great! First Failtoons have finally been dealt with and now soon afterwards, they are taking care of AFK players! Woah! These are big developments and a positive step forward for the game and for all players!:playing:

Alright Mr. MLG I thought we got over your edgy phase, if we want to talk about breaking the game's rules then what about that whole account thing?

BWK60 #62 Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42489 battles
  • [III-Z]

It'd be good to know what criteria staff will use. Would they, say, count the number of zero damage battles the offender has had in the last week?

Between the goals of reducing the number of AFKs one the one hand, and avoiding penalties for honest, good faith players on the other, WG has to err on the side of the latter. AFKs are annoying, but this is a game, and nothing more.

player_1234567890 #63 Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39420 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostCrimsonMG, on 02 July 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Alright Mr. MLG I thought we got over your edgy phase, if we want to talk about breaking the game's rules then what about that whole account thing?

That issue has been taken care of, and I have certainly paid the price for it, even though I did not intentionally violate any rules. I accepted my fate without any whining or attempting to use any excuses. My account is currently in perfect standing.

BTW- what's an MLG?

Edited by player_1234567890, 02 July 2015 - 05:39 PM.

ErikBlack #64 Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5958 battles
  • [3AD]

:teethhappy: Overjoyed to hear this!  Reducing serial AFKs will increase the time and money I spend on WoTB.  I pledge to purchase the 28,000 Gold + 6,000 Bonus the day this is first rolled out to the NA servers.

:honoring: Thank you WG for truly listening to the the community which has long raged and ranted against failtoons and AFKs.

player_1234567890 #65 Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39420 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostErikBlack, on 02 July 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

:teethhappy: Overjoyed to hear this!  Reducing serial AFKs will increase the time and money I spend on WoTB.  I pledge to purchase the 28,000 Gold + 6,000 Bonus the day this is first rolled out to the NA servers.

:honoring: Thank you WG for truly listening to the the community which has long raged and ranted against failtoons and AFKs.

Exactly! I am also pretty sure that the people that have given neg reps to my post on page #1 are all guilty of being serial AFK violators and they are angry about this rule coming into effect soon! To them I say " Too damn bad! Go suck on an egg!" :teethhappy: It's going to suck to be a serial AFKer soon! Joyous times are upon us! :playing:

nanolite #66 Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:56 AM

Seal Clubber

• Players
  • 19284 battles
Too much work :/

Detecting Salt Level of OP . . .

Salt Level: 200%

Immediate Attention Required

iWo1f #67 Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20662 battles
  • [RDDT]
[content moderated - general insults]
~PrimordialSlime

Go Big or Go Home.

Pheldagriff #68 Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

BTW- what's an MLG?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MLG

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

player_1234567890 #69 Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39420 battles
  • [OMK]

WView PostiWo1f, on 02 July 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yes, I am truly sorry that I am extremely happy that WG has finally decided to implement anti-AFK measures into the game.:sceptic:

It's not like anybody on this forum here has been waiting for this to happen. 

This is obviously a terrible day for all of us. We should all mourn.

Wait, what am I saying? I am not sorry at all! :izmena:I am still ecstatic over this wonderful new development! And no, I do not care about anybody else's whining and pathetic excuses for their serial AFK behavior. These selfish players deserve whatever happens to them! :P You may now continue on with your regularly scheduled program of being disgusted, and I will continue to be very delighted over this pleasant development.:teethhappy:

WhaleSmacker #70 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

OK

Obviously some people r exited for this, while others like me are weary of this. Those who support this (player_1234567890) are giving reasons why its good. And players that are opposing it are doing the same such as parents. But NO ONE is making a compromise/solution exept a select few. Here are the ideas:

1. Automated afk detection system and multiple counts = ban.

2. How it is now.

3. The Asian afk test way.

4. I say when u report someone its like filing a charge u want them banned you have to go through with it , and the defendant must debate his side. Let's be honest nobody wants to get banned or live in the fear of being banned. So lets make it hard to prosecute those who only go afk rarely. To get the serial AFKers, if someone is charged with multiple accounts like 5 they will be investigated and if found to be guilty banned and put on a list of serial AFKers for future use. 

ErikBlack #71 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5958 battles
  • [3AD]

View PostWhaleSmacker, on 02 July 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

OK

Obviously some people r exited for this, while others like me are weary of this. Those who support this (player_1234567890) are giving reasons why its good. And players that are opposing it are doing the same such as parents. But NO ONE is making a compromise/solution exept a select few. Here are the ideas:

1. Automated afk detection system and multiple counts = ban.

2. How it is now.

3. The Asian afk test way.

4. I say when u report someone its like filing a charge u want them banned you have to go through with it , and the defendant must debate his side. Let's be honest nobody wants to get banned or live in the fear of being banned. So lets make it hard to prosecute those who only go afk rarely. To get the serial AFKers, if someone is charged with multiple accounts like 5 they will be investigated and if found to be guilty banned and put on a list of serial AFKers for future use. 

When someone is banned, they can appeal it via support ticket already.  As stated in the news article:

Block Quote

Each situation will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Wargaming reserves the right to judge if players will receive a ban. A permanent ban on an offender's account will be issued in severe circumstances where a temporary ban is deemed insufficient.

So just because someone is reported they are not necessarily going to get banned.  And we don't know what the workflow is and how it might be adjusted over time.  One thing you can count on as WG is a business, it isn't gonna harm its bottom line.

WhaleSmacker #72 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]
Well said

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users