• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

WhaleSmacker #1 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

Settle down because this is gonna be a long one. :-\ 

You might not agree with some of what I'm saying but plz just hear me out and read it all before you reply. Ty before hand.

Hello, my name is Whales and like many of you I have experienced many problems in blitz. Matchmaking, afks, foul language, position telling, and etc. Many of these problems can be solved by us players. Some can't obviously but let's make this game the best it can be.

We can't, as far as I'm concerned, do anything about this mm. You might say skill based, more players, wna placing, etc. I have read many topics and threads on this and have seen the problems. I've heard that apparntly Blitz has already had problems with integrating the tank balancing weight system from wot pc. (Don't quote me on this). As for more players, think of the system requirements and why they made it 7 in the first place. For the skill placing if they can't put more than 7 players what makes u think they could put WNA placing not to mention the problems that come with that. As for now the only way to combat these problems is one word.

To PLATOON. It even brings your winrate up. :-) 

AFKs, we dislike them they throw the games, and incite anger and hatred. As I'm very sure many if not all of us have been afk at some point, it's life. Here's the deal if u know/suspect you'll have to stop mid game or be afk at any point don't hit the battle button for the good of the people. And to those who see this happen, if u care enough report it. If that person is reported enough he'll be banned. Simple.

Now for the foul langauge, and position telling stuff of that sort..... We have all done this at some point....right... right?....*cricket*  you heard nothing.

Don't do it for the good of the people. Don't be cussing and swearing in chat it's toxic, contagious, and only makes things worse. Even the occasional noob post, just don't do it. Did u know that the CEO of wargaming plays blitz often with his 7 yr old son? Think about that for a moment...., not that it changes anything but now youll think twice. Heres a video from jingles with proof. Start at 8:55.

Truly.....Truly....Troubling..... :-( 

Instead fill the chat with funny or entertaining things because that's contagious as well, in a good way. As for other things such as position telling, don't do it. What if they go to carry the game? What if u could've won? We know they have angered you as they have likely angered your team members. But don't do it and tell them not to do it either(Your team and enemy team). Instead help him/her. Feed mis information, throw them off{(enemy team)(I'm not encouraging this but if you're impatient..)}. Not to mention  spamming, of all sorts don't do it. Especially the quick messages in the bottom right it confuses and botheres your team and throws them off and may lead to a loss. Don't do it.

Which leads me on to my next topic. To those who say that Wot caters to those who pay and that Wot won't change as long as we're lining they're pockets. I'm here to say I've played hundreds if not thousands of games and I can swear by whatever I hold to the highest of standards that I have not once spent a dime on this game and I'm still able to enjoy it. Yes, yes if u pay u get premiums, gold etc. But in all honesty whether I paid or not I'd be just as good not any better. You might say what about PREMIUM rounds well u can buy them for credits too, and even if I paid I wouldn't waste it all on gold ammo and neither would any other wise spender. Not to mention at the end of the day it won't change your skill ability and if u r poor at the game gold can't change that, only practice can and that's free.

Although we can't fix every problem in wot we can fix a good bit. This is sort of a call to action, and I hope that people adhere to that call and make wotb that much better.

Feel free to debate me and try to prove me wrong especially on the mm thing. I want to hear what you players have to say. I would also like to use this as an opportunity to generate ideas, solutions, and refine them. Also if you're thinking of saying something and aren't sure just say it(but Dont let it become toxic no cussing, flaming/roasting etc. U don't like what they say? You can reply, just simply be civil.) because seeing as I have not seen any upvotting such as in Reddit. I'm pretty sure that it's chances of making it to the front page and more people seeing it such as WG employees is determined by how many replies it gets so debate in reply section. I, like many, want to hear what they(WG Employees) have to say about this, whether they're doing anything if so what, etc. And don't be afraid to be open minded.(everybody)

[Edit] I propose in game reporting.

With this whole afk test in asia we test this in NA.

KevinBrain #2 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6349 battles
I 100% agree with what your saying +1

SergPotato #3 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6895 battles
That's what you call games. Anything can happen.

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

WhaleSmacker #4 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]
Serg potatoe

View PostSergPotato, on 02 July 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

That's what you call games. Anything can happen.

Idk about u but when my position gets told to the enemy team........... Yeah lets not go there.

Idk if that's like a compliment or a challenge its hard to tell at this point. :P

WhaleSmacker #5 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

First topic didn't think people would be on it this quick.

This is surprising.

TheFritzBitz17 #6 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8539 battles
  • [273]
+1 Things need to start changing, even if it's little by little, it's still change. Haven't had any people give my position, but I can imagine the frustration and rage associated with it (I'll admit...I've done it once (1 vs 5 (Last survivor was a T20)) and I also do it with AFK unless he comes back). As for the filter, I say just remove in-game chat all together OR an in-game reporting system.

WhaleSmacker #7 Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostTheFritzBitz17, on 02 July 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

+1 Things need to start changing, even if it's little by little, it's still change. Haven't had any people give my position, but I can imagine the frustration and rage associated with it (I'll admit...I've done it once (1 vs 5 (Last survivor was a T20)) and I also do it with AFK unless he comes back). As for the filter, I say just remove in-game chat all together OR an in-game reporting system.

An ingame reporting system wouldn't be a bad idea. Gets rid of the need for screenshots and tickets. Makes it easier to imporve the game.

WolfPredator #8 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6959 battles

+1

Agree 200% with everything, position telling is something stupid and frustraring, when the last player on my team is Afk or when i rage hard because the IS6  that should have carryed the game flanked on malinovka, then i consider myself allowed to do that

E5, i'm coming!

WhaleSmacker #9 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostWolfPredator, on 02 July 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

+1

Agree 200% with everything, position telling is something stupid and frustraring, when the last player on my team is Afk or when i rage hard because the IS6  that should have carryed the game flanked on malinovka, then i consider myself allowed to do that

Sadly wolf u can't make up for incompetence but I just would like to see people with higher standards to also raise the standard of the game not only with  the ability to play well buy to also have good sportsmanship.

Yogismith1970 #10 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9942 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostWhaleSmacker, on 02 July 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

the ability to play well buy to also have good sportsmanship.

Good sportsmanship on the internets?  Pass me that blunt.  It must be really good. 

With that said when people can heckle, insult and sling obscenities through the internet with no real repercussions good sportsmanship will fall to the wayside.  Sadly 

WhaleSmacker #11 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostYogismith1970, on 02 July 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

Good sportsmanship on the internets?  Pass me that blunt.  It must be really good. 

With that said when people can heckle, insult and sling obscenities through the internet with no real repercussions good sportsmanship will fall to the wayside.  Sadly 

Hahahaha. In game reporting, we can make it happen

66_75_63_6b_20_79_6f_75 #12 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17079 battles
  • [SCSC]

Smack Whales you say?

Cage, high noon.

Two tankers enter one tank leaves, two tanks enter one tank leaves..........

WhaleSmacker #13 Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostFudgie_The_Whale_Cake, on 02 July 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

Smack Whales you say?

Cage, high noon.

is that a challenge!?

U wot m8?!

Herodotus4 #14 Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22482 battles
  • [SRT_]
So the CEO of wargaming breaks the EULA :) it is for 13 and up right? This needs to be applied to the "in soviet russia" meme

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

WhaleSmacker #15 Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17137 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostHerodotus4, on 02 July 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

So the CEO of wargaming breaks the EULA :) it is for 13 and up right? This needs to be applied to the "in soviet russia" meme

In Soviet Russia you are applied to meme.

BootlegTampico #16 Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

"LGoW" --Random Pub

• Players
  • 22610 battles
  • [-OHM-]

View PostHerodotus4, on 02 July 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

In soviet Russia EULA breaks you. 

Clan War Discord Server youtube Join the Legion

I would love for Wargaming to succeed, and I will push for success until I'm gone or Blitz is. 

NevirSayDie #17 Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10005 battles
  • [TAN60]
Good ideas! With Blitz's first-ever quality of gameplay improvement in the removal of failtoons, I'm hopeful. Maybe WG really is willing to fix the broken aspects of their game, instead of just pumping out a new premium every month and calling it good. 

BWK60 #18 Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42489 battles
  • [III-Z]

View PostWhaleSmacker, on 02 July 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

Feel free to debate me ...

Can't, since since you're entirely correct. Some things WG can change, like failtoons. Other stuff, it's up to the players themselves.

koop123 #19 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8385 battles

View PostFudgie_The_Whale_Cake, on 02 July 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

Smack Whales you say?

Cage, high noon.

And make sure it takes place in Uranus. It is frightening to thank of a whale in Uranus.

WR~0.23% Damage Ratio~.0009  WN9~ 35.  Avg Tier~1.10

Chasz_65 #20 Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11230 battles

I agree with everything you said. While there are plenty of forumers who could use less language and be friendlier in chat, the vast majority of people who need to hear this aren't on the forums. 

That interview with the CEO was somewhat sad. I have raged in chat occasionally, and even told the red team when it's only an AFK left (although that is unnecessary now that AFKs blow up). But I don't use any language.

The idea of removing the in-game chat is a problem in my opinion, it helps when trying to coordinate at the beginning of matches and during the game to relay pertinent information. I have seen many games won because myself and others gave useful advice to the last person left on our team. 

Also tagged with Matchmaking, Mm, Wg see this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users