Jump to content


Pledge for Anti-AFK on NA

poll pledge anti-afk afk

  • Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Poll: Pledge for Anti-AFK on NA (175 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Please select what you pledge for Anti-AFK on NA

  1. 28,000 Gold + 6,000 Bonus ($94.99) (17 votes [9.09%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.09%

  2. 14,000 Gold + 2,000 Bonus ($49.99) (4 votes [2.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.14%

  3. 5,600 Gold + 475 Bonus ($19.99) (6 votes [3.21%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.21%

  4. 2,800 Gold + 100 Bonus ($9.99) (6 votes [3.21%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.21%

  5. 1400 Gold ($4.99) (7 votes [3.74%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.74%

  6. Warchest ($74.99) (4 votes [2.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.14%

  7. Basic Kit ($23.99) (12 votes [6.42%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.42%

  8. Starter Bundle ($16.99) (5 votes [2.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.67%

  9. Tiny Kit ($0.99) (7 votes [3.74%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.74%

  10. My gratitude (119 votes [63.64%])

    Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Hide poll

MRKKW #21 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

    EDM Addict

  • Players
  • 14671 battles
  • 2,815
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015
You know some of us aren't fathers. Some of us are just teens and we live a different lifestyle. 

 

 


ErikBlack #22 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5958 battles
  • 1,151
  • [3AD]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostPheldagriff, on 02 July 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Could u allow us to choose multiple options?

 

 

Great suggestion, thanks!  Edited to allow multiple choices.

player_1234567890 #23 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36711 battles
  • 4,263
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 02 July 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

So I do not play unless the kids are sleeping or if I am at work.

 

It sounds like you are a responsible player who is not as disrepectful towards other players and teammates in this game as certain other people are.

 

If somebody has 10 kids running around, and it is their job to be taking care of them, then they should fulfill their duties and take care of their kids. Don't be a bad parent and don't be joining any games that you know that you will have to abandon, and don't be rude and disrespectful to all of the other players on your team, and don't use your kids as an excuse to cover up for your own bad behavior.


Edited by player_1234567890, 02 July 2015 - 09:11 PM.


ErikBlack #24 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:10 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5958 battles
  • 1,151
  • [3AD]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostScumbagJuJu, on 02 July 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

Im not saying it doesnt ever happen. I am saying try and limit the times to play to the least possibility of distractions. I have two kids myself, I work at a firestation. So I do not play unless the kids are sleeping or if I am at work.

 

Thank you for posting this.  I really appreciate that you don't allow distractions to not only ruin your game, but those of your teammates.  :honoring:



Corn_Pop #25 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

    I Blame Rocket

  • Players
  • 17079 battles
  • 3,794
  • [SCSC]
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

I'm confused.

You want us to pay money to have afk eliminated?

Afk shouldn't exist to begin with. 

The battle button should have to be held down until game starts, that way the system knows you're there. If you don't. Automatically plugs someone else in. If you're afk. You should have credits withdrawn from account. 

WOTB makes plenty of money already. 

Gunning for Club Wargaming chief?

 



MRKKW #26 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

    EDM Addict

  • Players
  • 14671 battles
  • 2,815
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015

None of use go AFK on purpose...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If it makes WG happy to ban us go ahead.


Edited by MRKKW, 02 July 2015 - 09:12 PM.

 

 


Ksftwe #27 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25710 battles
  • 4,256
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

It sounds like you are a responsible player who is not as disrepectful towards other players in this game as certain other people are.

 

If somebody has 10 kids running around, and it is their job to be taking care of them, then they should fulfill theirr duties and take care of their kids. Don't be a bad parent and be joining any games that you know that you will have to abandon, and don't be rude and disrepectful to all of the other players on your team, and don't use your kids as an excuse to cover up for your own bad behavior.

 

ARE YOU EVEN A PARENT?

 

You know there's this magical thing called BAD LUCK that happens in our lives. OF COURSE I don't open up WOT right after my mother asks me to watch over my brother for a bit. OF COURSE I don't play games when I'm at work or school. I'm not a goddamn idiot. But even if my brother is sleeping, or I'm at home, or it's 12:00 am and my entire family is asleep, there is always an off-chance that something's gonna happen - what if my bro wakes up and I need to take care of him? What if he hits his head on a table and I need to tend to him? What if my parents desperately need a hand downstairs because the faucet just sprung a massive leak?

 

You're absolutely right that this doesn't happen all the time; this probably only happens to me once every, maybe, thousand games or so. But nonetheless, by WG's logic, and by your logic, I should still be permabanned just because, for a half dozen times or so, I had personal responsibilities that are far too complex for an individual such as yourself to understand to tend to first.

 

You have no comprehension of basic social integrity, and I truly feel sorry for you.


 

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]


Beastnumber2 #28 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10168 battles
  • 1,113
  • Member since:
    06-28-2014

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

It sounds like you are a responsible player who is not as disrepectful towards other players and teammates in this game as certain other people are.

 

If somebody has 10 kids running around, and it is their job to be taking care of them, then they should fulfill their duties and take care of their kids. Don't be a bad parent and don't be joining any games that you know that you will have to abandon, and don't be rude and disrespectful to all of the other players on your team, and don't use your kids as an excuse to cover up for your own bad behavior.

You are literally the most irrational , unreasonable person on this whole forum. You call people your forum enemies, you flip the fk out over down and upvotes, and now you say that game > family. You've been given multiple and I mean MULTIPLE chances to do good, which you started to. But I still realize you are the most illogical person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. 

 

And to add to that you are completely unaware that you are really really irrational. You remind me of a melodramatic middle age woman who freaks out over everything and holds the longest grudges humanly possible over simple things.



player_1234567890 #29 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36711 battles
  • 4,263
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostBeastnumber2, on 02 July 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

You are literally the most irrational , unreasonable person on this whole forum. You call people your forum enemies, you flip the fk out over down and upvotes, and now you say that game > family. You've been given multiple and I mean MULTIPLE chances to do good, which you started to. But I still realize you are the most illogical person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. 

 

Nope, I have not said that game>family. I am simply saying that 99% of the people who claim to have legitimate reasons for abandoning matches are full of baloney.

 

Blitz matches only last a few minutes in length. Unless there is some life threatening emergency, or something that is extremely important, then do not abandon the match.

 

The other day I had some idiot on my team who was basically chatting for half the match, and then they announce in the chat "sorry, have to go eat dinner now!", and then they just left and were AFK for the remainder of the match. They couldn't have waited 2 minutes? Seriously?

 

wth! I do not want those kind of players to be playing this game, and if they are banned for good, then all I have to say is, good riddance to them!


Edited by player_1234567890, 02 July 2015 - 09:25 PM.


ErikBlack #30 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5958 battles
  • 1,151
  • [3AD]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostFudgie_The_Whale_Cake, on 02 July 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

I'm confused.

You want us to pay money to have afk eliminated?

Afk shouldn't exist to begin with. 

The battle button should have to be held down until game starts, that way the system knows you're there. If you don't automatically plugs someone else in. If you're afk you should have credits withdrawn from account. 

WOTB makes plenty of money already. 

Gunning for Club Wargaming chief?

 

 

What I want, is:

Block Quote

This could be an opportunity to express our gratitude to WG and demonstrate that listening to the community means more money!

 

If you don't want to support that, that's cool too.  Holding down the battle button sounds like a rather awesome addition, there are still cases where IMO that isn't enough.  IDK if WoTB makes plenty of money already, I do know they can get more of my money by doing some of the things that arguably should have already been done.  I'm gunning to have a more enjoy experience playing WoTB.



Ksftwe #31 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25710 battles
  • 4,256
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

Nope, I have not said that game>family. I am simply saying that 99% of the people who claim to have legitimate reasons for abandoning matches are full of baloney.

 

Blitz matches only last a few minutes in length. Unless there is some life threatening emergency, or something that is extremely important, then do not abandon the match.

 

The other day I had some idiot on my team who was basically chatting for half the match, and then they announce in the chat "sorry, have to go eat dinner now!", and then they just left and were AFK for the remainder of the match. They couldn't have waited 2 minutes? Seriously?

 

wth! I do not want those kind of players to be playing this game, and if they are banned for good, then all I have to say is, good riddance to them!

 

So you can tolerate 4, 5 minutes of door banging and earsplitting wailing? Wow, my bad, I had no idea I was speaking with Jesus himself.

 

You're just not worth it. One day you'll have a child of your own and will understand. Hopefully.

 

For now, continuing this is pointless.


 

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]


Pheldagriff #32 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9131 battles
  • 1,371
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

It sounds like you are a responsible player who is not as disrepectful towards other players and teammates in this game as certain other people are.

 

If somebody has 10 kids running around, and it is their job to be taking care of them, then they should fulfill their duties and take care of their kids. Don't be a bad parent and don't be joining any games that you know that you will have to abandon, and don't be rude and disrespectful to all of the other players on your team, and don't use your kids as an excuse to cover up for your own bad behavior.

 

no smileys

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"


Pheldagriff #33 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9131 battles
  • 1,371
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

 

Nope, I have not said that game>family. I am simply saying that 99% of the people who claim to have legitimate reasons for abandoning matches are full of baloney.

 

Blitz matches only last a few minutes in length. Unless there is some life threatening emergency, or something that is extremely important, then do not abandon the match.

 

The other day I had some idiot on my team who was basically chatting for half the match, and then they announce in the chat "sorry, have to go eat dinner now!", and then they just left and were AFK for the remainder of the match. They couldn't have waited 2 minutes? Seriously?

 

wth! I do not want those kind of players to be playing this game, and if they are banned for good, then all I have to say is, good riddance to them!

 

still no smileys

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"


MRKKW #34 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

    EDM Addict

  • Players
  • 14671 battles
  • 2,815
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015
You know if I have to go because of dinner or something then I go full retard and charge at the enemies. :izmena:

 

 


ErikBlack #35 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5958 battles
  • 1,151
  • [3AD]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostMRKKW, on 02 July 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

None of use go AFK on purpose...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If it makes WG happy to ban us go ahead.

 

I personally have seen players go AFK and they announce why they are doing it.  Things like being mad at Match Maker, or they give some order and people respond with negative, etc.  There are also posts on the forums about players doing this sort of thing.  I recall there was one when the Port Bay map came out, some player said he was waiting for it and went AFK.



Ksftwe #36 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25710 battles
  • 4,256
  • [PRAMO]
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostErikBlack, on 02 July 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

I personally have seen players go AFK and they announce why they are doing it.  Things like being mad at Match Maker, or they give some order and people respond with negative, etc.  There are also posts on the forums about players doing this sort of thing.  I recall there was one when the Port Bay map came out, some player said he was waiting for it and went AFK.

 

There are those people, and there are others who really have to go for a legitimate reason. And from my experience, I've only seen the former about a dozen times...TOTAL. In my entire ~10 months of Blitz. Not common at all, but yes, those people do deserve punishment, if possible.

 

It's like nuking all of Langley to get rid of a single CIA mole. Inefficient and too much collateral damage.


 

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]


Pheldagriff #37 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9131 battles
  • 1,371
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View PostErikBlack, on 02 July 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

 

I personally have seen players go AFK and they announce why they are doing it.  Things like being mad at Match Maker, or they give some order and people respond with negative, etc.  There are also posts on the forums about players doing this sort of thing.  I recall there was one when the Port Bay map came out, some player said he was waiting for it and went AFK.

 

There have been times where MM has given the enemy team the xtra t10. Then one of or 2 tier tens drowns himself at the beginning and he announced it. it was 7v6 with one tier ten on our side and three on theirs. Shouldnt people like this get the harsh consequences of a ban? I think first offenders should receive warnings.

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"


Libereco #38 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 19282 battles
  • 1,948
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
I'll happily buy a 50 bucks gold kit without hesitation if this is implemented.

ErikBlack #39 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5958 battles
  • 1,151
  • [3AD]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostKsftwe, on 02 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

 

There are those people, and there are others who really have to go for a legitimate reason. And from my experience, I've only seen the former about a dozen times...TOTAL. In my entire ~10 months of Blitz. Not common at all, but yes, those people do deserve punishment, if possible.

 

It's like nuking all of Langley to get rid of a single CIA mole. Inefficient and too much collateral damage.

 

As said in the news, they are gonna be taking it on a case by case basis, so if your a good player and aren't a serial AFKer, I expect you have nothing to fear.  WG isn't gonna stick with a policy if they loose money over it so I don't think they are going to nuke their player base.

player_1234567890 #40 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36711 battles
  • 4,263
  • [OMK]
  • Member since:
    05-09-2015

View PostErikBlack, on 02 July 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

 

As said in the news, they are gonna be taking it on a case by case basis, so if your a good player and aren't a serial AFKer, I expect you have nothing to fear.  WG isn't gonna stick with a policy if they loose money over it so I don't think they are going to nuke their player base.

 

Much more people are in favor of this system than are against it, because the serial AFKers and horrible, rude players only make up a tiny, minority of players. Either way, somebody is not going to be happy with the system, and it's better that WG pisses off the serial AFKers as opposed to pissing off the vast majority of responsible players.

Edited by player_1234567890, 02 July 2015 - 09:48 PM.






Also tagged with poll, pledge, anti-afk, afk

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users