Pledge for Anti-AFK on NA

poll pledge anti-afk afk

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Poll: Pledge for Anti-AFK on NA (175 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Please select what you pledge for Anti-AFK on NA

1. 28,000 Gold + 6,000 Bonus ($94.99) (17 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. 14,000 Gold + 2,000 Bonus ($49.99) (4 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

3. 5,600 Gold + 475 Bonus ($19.99) (6 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

4. 2,800 Gold + 100 Bonus ($9.99) (6 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

5. 1400 Gold ($4.99) (7 votes [3.74%])

Percentage of vote: 3.74%

6. Warchest ($74.99) (4 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

7. Basic Kit ($23.99) (12 votes [6.42%])

Percentage of vote: 6.42%

8. Starter Bundle ($16.99) (5 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

9. Tiny Kit ($0.99) (7 votes [3.74%])

Percentage of vote: 3.74%

10. My gratitude (119 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Hide poll

gecook8 #61 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10632 battles
#Tbt to omk going Afk in every tank in his garage to see what happened

YwyGa0v.gif

Tier X: Jagdpanzer E 100, M48 Patton, T110E5, Tier IX: T95, T-54, IS-8, Tier VIII: IS-6, Tier VII: VK 30.02 D (researched only), Tier VI: TOG II*, Hellcat Tier 4: Matilda, Tier 3: LTP, Tier 2: T2 Light

Ksftwe #62 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

And in that case, you would have nothing to worry about. This is about people who are serial AFKers and they are not AFK for only 2-5 games out of 5000. And since it's JUST A GAME, like you mentioned, then nobody should be all that upset when they get banned for being a serial AFKer. It's JUST A GAME, AM I RITE? :teethhappy:

And just in case certain people on this forum suffer from poor reading comprehension, there is no need to argue against anything that I have said, because this is not my idea, it is Wargaming's idea to implement anti-AFK measures, and it's already going to happen on the Asia server, and soon to happen on the NA server.

So, for all of the people making excuses for serial AFKers, don't complain to me, I don't have any control over the situation. I'm just a player on a forum offering some opinions. Go complain to wargaming, and you may continue to argue and state your case in favor of serial AFKers and other horrible, disrespectful players to them.:playing:

OMK, please...we are not talking about serial afkers, we are talking about poor souls who get hit with bans because they had to go change a diaper or something. Stop bringing up the wrong points, I grow weary of arguing with someone who's dragging up stupid claims that we're not even trying to argue for.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

player_1234567890 #63 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36709 battles
  • [OMK]

View PostKsftwe, on 02 July 2015 - 06:36 PM, said:

OMK, please...we are not talking about serial afkers, we are talking about poor souls who get hit with bans because they had to go change a diaper or something. Stop bringing up the wrong points, I grow weary of arguing with someone who's dragging up stupid claims that we're not even trying to argue for.

As I stated in a prior post, Im sure that they will be able to argue their case and to prove their alleged innocence, if they so desire. Luckily for them, I don't get to decide anything, and I am not WG.:justwait:

Player_5773117413 #64 Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:56 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 29962 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostKsftwe, on 02 July 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but you would be the most atrocious, miserable, and pathetic excuse for a father if you ever had children. Putting a video game over your own family? How about you try playing with a 10-yr-old banging on your door and wailing? You're going to have Child Services marching up to your doorstep within two months of your firstborn coming home if you go abide by your own reasoning. Never mind, I should not even bother speaking to someone like you; perhaps someone of more rational or mature mind will comprehend what I am saying.

Edit: Furthermore if you really have been AFK on several occasions then you should be permabanned by your own logic.

A 10 year old can't wait [less than] 5 minutes for snacks.............

View PostBeastnumber2, on 02 July 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Yes, because some people value family over a game. Do you know how children act? They will make you drop everything and do what they want if they're persistent, and no point of arguing about it. Don't be such a d1ck about this, you said if he had to get snacks for his brother twice he should be punished? No wonder no one ever liked you.

And OP, good thread, sorry about that. I don't wanna sidetrack it, I cant really pledge to buy anything, but if WG listened to the players of NA and implemented something similar I'd highly respect them.

Yes, parents should give in to all the desires their 10 year old has at an eye blink's of a notice. And by the time they're 16, you need to drop everything you are doing and hand them over your car keys as soon as they start screaming, right? Because they were never taught anything about patience and there's no point of arguing with them.

Maybe I'm coming off like a [insert word to describe a male organ here], but there is a limit to what parents can use as an "excuse". An infant, a toddler, that's obviously different. Kid breaks their arm? You should be in the car on the way to the hospital already.

But parent's can't expect the world to move over for them, simply because they have a kid. "Excuse me, can we cut in front of you? My 12 year old Bobby just decided he wants to go home." Kid's need to learn patience, kid's need to learn that they can't always have what they want, and so on. Who's gotta teach em that? Not the €£%*¥# cashier at the store, not the ¥£€%#+ mailman, but the parent. Spoil your kid like that, soon you won't be able to control them at all.

Granted, these propositions made by wargaming are a little bit tough. Lag happens. Bad connection is common and it doesn't always go away quickky.

Of course everyone has accidents and anything can happen. But how often do these accident's occur? Do they occur for the same person once EVERY 15 minutes? EVERY hour? Maybe if you have medical problems. Maybe if you are caring for a loved one who has medical problems. But then, if you are supposed to have undivided attention on someone you are supposed to care or nurse for, why are you diverting that attention to blitz in the first place?

Furthermore, let's look into some of the other probable cases of afking. Sitting at work or sitting at school, for example, and playing wot blitz underneath your desk. Now, should you really be doing that?

How about this? A low tier in a high tier game. Oh darn, sixth time in a row. I give up. Menu>Go To Garage. 

Accidents happen. Emergencies happen. But carelessness also happens. When something crazy and completely out of the blue pops up that absolutely needs your attention, GO!

But when you have other things to attend to that take priority, don't forget that YOU and only YOU (or whoever has your device/phone) control when YOU press "battle". Take some responsibility.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

player_1234567890 #65 Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36709 battles
  • [OMK]

View Postkewlstory, on 02 July 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

Take some responsibility.

Exactly. A lot of people nowadays seem to take zero responsibility for their own choices and decisions. 

I agree with you that accidents can and do happen. But when it happens to somebody every 10 minutes, then that's no longer an accident.

BWK60 #66 Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42489 battles
  • [III-Z]

It sounds like a good idea, though they might want to tweak the punishments a little. Add a warning. Perhaps even Double Secret Probation. Then drop the hammer. Make that, "hammer." As I understand it, an offender doesn't forfeit any gold, silver, tanks, etc., he just has to temporarily stop playing -- actually not playing -- the cartoon tanks for a little bit.

And apply the ban only if someone hasnt moved at all in the battle, and has zero damage in multiple battles during the last 5 days or so.

SkiFletch #67 Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30367 battles
  • [SRT]
I'll pledge a war chest when they implement friends list sorting, training rooms and clan wars...

bjsniper #68 Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:39 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8293 battles
In my opinion, I think this is too harsh. First offence should not be punished and if there is a long gap between offences (weeks-months), there should be mercy as well. If a guy is AFK twice in a day/week then maybe drop the boom on him. BUT... something does need to be done to discourage this. Could there not be some way for MM to recognize a AFK tank and pull him out and replace him with someone new coming on before the battle is too far engaged? 15 seconds in and he hasn't moved... yank him. I'd like to see something happen but if that one time I do go AFK I get kicked off, that seems harsh.

DoragonSenshi #69 Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:51 AM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18735 battles
  • [-1]

View PostKsftwe, on 03 July 2015 - 12:57 AM, said:

See, this is what I mean by inefficiency. If this idea is truly implemented they would be bombarded with hundreds - literal HUNDREDS of tickets every day about how they were wrongly banned for being AFK. It doesn't even matter if every single one of those tickets were from serial AFKers - WG will still have to sift through all of them. I'm not even mentioning the very real probability that many of them have actually been wrongly banned for choppy internet, game crashing, real-life emergency, etc.

Of course I'll do everything in my power to not go AFK in game, but if I get the hammer thrown down just because my parents called me downstairs to fix a leak or something, I'm going to flip.

[content moderated - non constructive/personal abuse]
- Yshoneist

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

player_1234567890 #70 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36709 battles
  • [OMK]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

Exactly! And why do I always have to be the bad guy in the thread?:playing:

With the kind of excuses that these people are making, they sure are setting an extremely low threshold for abandoning and leaving matches.

I'm going to play some matches later, and I might have to legitimately leave the game, but trust me, I am not a serial AFKer!

These are just a few of the reasons for why I might have to leave any match later on. So if anybody sees me in a game later on, and I mysteriously disappear from the match, leaving my tank AFK, then rest assured, I have my reasons! Do not blame me! It's not my fault! 

(1) A thief might enter my apartment and force me to put down my iPad, while they are pointing a gun to my head.

(2) An earthquake might happen in the middle of a match, causing the iPad to slip from my hands and fall to the ground and break.

(3) I might be getting an unexpected phone call from President Obama later on tonight, and I will understandably have to leave the match to answer this most important phone call.

(4) I didn't actually feel like joining any match, but somebody had kidnapped a family member of mine, and in the ransom note, it said that I must press the battle button and join a WOT Blitz match, so I had no choice but to follow the ransom note instructions.

(5) An ex-girlfriend that I hadn't seen or heard from in 10 years might suddenly show up at my doorstep, with 2 kids that are claiming that I am their father. I have to naturally take care of these newly found children now, so I had to leave the match. And besides, one of them might want a snack while I am playing the match.

(6) My toilet bowl might explode right in the middle of the match, and I might naturally have to take care of that minor problem.

:justwait:

Ksftwe #71 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

Watch where you're stepping with your words, kid. Do not try to pretend to understand me. No matter how dumb my family is or how leaky my sink is, at the end of the day, I am still a better player than you so clearly I am doing something right. At least by your standards. Check my stats - do I look like a serial AFKer to you?

For the FIFTH TIME, I am talking about random crap that happens to all of us - maybe once every four months, even. That's fair, is it not? I agree it's frustrating to leave a game and ditch my team for, as you said, a stupid excuse like fixing a sink or some nonsense. But you know what? It happens, it happens RARELY, and it happens to people OTHER than Your Royal Highness over here. Looking at the responses, even though not everyone agrees with me, it looks like there are certainly many others who agree this type of system is overkill. Ban serial AFKers, fair enough. Ban idiots who ragequit every other game, perfectly justified. Get slammed with a 2-week ban after 15,000 games of loyal play, just because your internet was unexpectedly choppy for a week? Bull.

You don't agree with me. I don't agree with you. Obviously we live two completely different lifestyles, but that does not mean you can go ahead and insult me, my family, or my opinion. If you wish to say something to me personally, talk to me in PM.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

Ksftwe #72 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

With the kind of excuses that these people are making, they sure are setting an extremely low threshold for abandoning and leaving matches.

I'm going to play some matches later, and I might have to legitimately leave the game, but trust me, I am not a serial AFKer!

These are just a few of the reasons for why I might have to leave any match later on. So if anybody sees me in a game later on, and I mysteriously disappear from the match, leaving my tank AFK, then rest assured, I have my reasons! Do not blame me! It's not my fault! 

(1) A thief might enter my apartment and force me to put down my iPad, while they are pointing a gun to my head.

(2) An earthquake might happen in the middle of a match, causing the iPad to slip from my hands and fall to the ground and break.

(3) I might be getting an unexpected phone call from President Obama later on tonight, and I will understandably have to leave the match to answer this most important phone call.

(4) I didn't actually feel like joining any match, but somebody had kidnapped a family member of mine, and in the ransom note, it said that I must press the battle button and join a WOT Blitz match, so I had no choice but to follow the ransom note instructions.

(5) An ex-girlfriend that I hadn't seen or heard from in 10 years might suddenly show up at my doorstep, with 2 kids that are claiming that I am their father. I have to naturally take care of these newly found children now, so I had to leave the match. And besides, one of them might want a snack while I am playing the match.

(6) My toilet bowl might explode right in the middle of the match, and I might naturally have to take care of that minor problem.

Just because you live a perfect life with a house and family given to you by God himself doesn't mean we all do. I live in a universe where things happen. And things have happened. Small things, like just giving a parent a hand or (as you so graciously pointed out) feeding my little rat of a brother. No, this does not happen frequently. It happens rarely. VERY rarely, in fact. But it does happen. And with 12,000 games but only four strikes, that will make a difference.

Now, of course, from the way you are speaking, I do not expect you to understand this - evidently you must've grown up with infinite knowledge and powers programmed into your mind, or with parents who wish their son a happy birthday and never speak to them the rest of the year. Look around you. Admittedly there are plenty of people who are all for team-OMK but there are an equal number of people who also think such punishment is too harsh. Just because you are part of one half of the population doesn't mean you can be blissfully ignorant of the other half. Try to understand others, for once, OMK.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

HESHSlingingSplasher #73 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18438 battles
  • [NRF]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

I have a three year old sister and she is hard to handle.

No snacks? Screams in my ear until I give her some.

Needs to go? Either I put down my iPad and help her or use one hand and get pissed all over.

Or why not wait for a few minutes? I don't want to clean up a disgusting mess I could've prevented or she might start trying to climb the toilet herself which will likely end up in her falling head first into the bowl.

She can also vomit. Want to see a stinky and hot mixture of stomach acid and half digested food that I could've contained with one of her toy buckets? You got it.

She also has a tendency of getting injuries because of being a clumsy THREE YEAR OLD. Wouldn't it be better for me to get her some ice rather than have her scream in pain for the duration of the game?

DoragonSenshi #74 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18735 battles
  • [-1]

View PostKsftwe, on 03 July 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Of course not, this is a flame war!  :izmena:

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

HESHSlingingSplasher #75 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:00 AM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18438 battles
  • [NRF]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Which was meant to be a debate about AFK penalties.

Ksftwe #76 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

You have somehow turned a reasonable, albeit heated, debate into a personal attack towards me and my family. Know where your boundaries are. Watch where you're stepping.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

HESHSlingingSplasher #77 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:02 AM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18438 battles
  • [NRF]

View Postgecook8, on 02 July 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

#Tbt to omk going Afk in every tank in his garage to see what happened

Wow, forgot about that one episode. "I'm going to go AFK for twenty-five games and see what will happen."

View Postplayer_1234567890, on 02 July 2015 - 07:07 PM, said:

You need to add that as one of your reasons. "Curiosity."

DoragonSenshi #78 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:04 AM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18735 battles
  • [-1]

View PostJimerian, on 03 July 2015 - 06:00 AM, said:

Which was meant to be a debate about AFK penalties.

Pretty simple:

Warning. (X2?)

Hour ban (keeps adding up)

Day

Perma ban those serial AFK accounts (that one America one with 30% WR or something)

I thought we all agreed to an extent on that part... 

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

HESHSlingingSplasher #79 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:05 AM

HESHSlingingSplasher

• Players
  • 18438 battles
  • [NRF]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Pretty simple:

Warning. (X2?)

Hour ban (keeps adding up)

Day

Perma ban those serial AFK accounts (that one America one with 30% WR or something)

I thought we all agreed to an extent on that part... 

You forgot to insult Kstfwe's family.

DoragonSenshi #80 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:06 AM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18735 battles
  • [-1]

View PostJimerian, on 03 July 2015 - 06:05 AM, said:

You forgot to insult Kstfwe's family.

He's been doing well enough 

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

Also tagged with poll, pledge, anti-afk, afk