Pledge for Anti-AFK on NA

poll pledge anti-afk afk

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

Poll: Pledge for Anti-AFK on NA (175 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Please select what you pledge for Anti-AFK on NA

1. 28,000 Gold + 6,000 Bonus ($94.99) (17 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. 14,000 Gold + 2,000 Bonus ($49.99) (4 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

3. 5,600 Gold + 475 Bonus ($19.99) (6 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

4. 2,800 Gold + 100 Bonus ($9.99) (6 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

5. 1400 Gold ($4.99) (7 votes [3.74%])

Percentage of vote: 3.74%

6. Warchest ($74.99) (4 votes [2.14%])

Percentage of vote: 2.14%

7. Basic Kit ($23.99) (12 votes [6.42%])

Percentage of vote: 6.42%

8. Starter Bundle ($16.99) (5 votes [2.67%])

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

9. Tiny Kit ($0.99) (7 votes [3.74%])

Percentage of vote: 3.74%

10. My gratitude (119 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

Vote Hide poll

Ksftwe #81 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Pretty simple:

Warning. (X2?)

Hour ban (keeps adding up)

Day

Perma ban those serial AFK accounts (that one America one with 30% WR or something)

I thought we all agreed to an extent on that part... 

Find a quote in which I said "it's okay to not ban serial AFKers." On the contrary, I can find two precise quotes when I explicitly said that it is justified to ban serial AFKers.

Even OMK himself admitted he's gone afk from time to time. For the sixth and final time, I am not advocating for frequent AFKers. I am advocating for those who do have a near-emergency to tend to, whether it be as stupid as my lame excuses or for legit reasons. Ban someone for going AFK two games in a role? I will be right behind you with the hammer. Ban an honest individual with 15k thoroughly-played games just because his internet cut off because a raccoon ate his cable? I think not.

We may disagree on this, but it is not an excuse for you to launch unfounded personal attacks. Do not be surprised if the mods come knocking on your door, next.

Edit: And of course i can insult my family, it's kind of my job to. Not yours.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

DoragonSenshi #82 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18735 battles

View PostKsftwe, on 03 July 2015 - 06:07 AM, said:

Find a quote in which I said "it's okay to not ban serial AFKers." On the contrary, I can find two precise quotes when I explicitly said that it is justified to ban serial AFKers.

Even OMK himself admitted he's gone afk from time to time. For the sixth and final time, I am not advocating for frequent AFKers. I am advocating for those who do have a near-emergency to tend to, whether it be as stupid as my lame excuses or for legit reasons. Ban someone for going AFK two games in a role? I will be right behind you with the hammer. Ban an honest individual with 15k thoroughly-played games just because his internet cut off because a raccoon ate his cable? I think not.

We may disagree on this, but it is not an excuse for you to launch unfounded personal attacks. Do not be surprised if the mods come knocking on your door, next.

Edit: And of course i can insult my family, it's kind of my job to. Not yours.

Fair enough. 

I don't disagreewith anything you do on the bans. I think that however you may want to go back through this thread and read to your brother what you've said about him.

I suppose I may be attacking you to personally, but realistically, how often do you need to fix a sink? If it's some bizarre random occasion, then you don't need to be banned. But seriously, if you are having that bad of sink problems that you AFK frequently, try to fix the problem before playing.

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

Ksftwe #83 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 11:14 PM, said:

I suppose I may be attacking you to personally, but realistically, how often do you need to fix a sink? If it's some bizarre random occasion, then you don't need to be banned. But seriously, if you are having that bad of sink problems that you AFK frequently, try to fix the problem before playing.

Now once again, I will be repeating something I have already said twice:

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE FREQUENT.

You get four strikes. FOUR STRIKES. Till a 2-week ban. Statistically that means pretty much everyone who's played over a year will at least be on Ban #3. This is my issue with it. At the very minimum, I want some clarification that these minor infringements will be immediately excused without the hassle of submitting a ticket (because everyone knows how brilliant WG's support system is).

For the record, my brother has ADHD and is currently taking medication for a recent wrist injury during baseball (Little Leagues is rough). As I said, do not pretend to understand me, or my "pathetic excuses." It only makes you look more of a fool than you already do. Attack my ideas, not my life. Again, you are not doing yourself any favors right now.

Edited by Ksftwe, 03 July 2015 - 03:19 AM.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

DoragonSenshi #84 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:27 AM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18735 battles

View PostKsftwe, on 03 July 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Now once again, I will be repeating something I have already said twice:

IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE FREQUENT.

You get four strikes. FOUR STRIKES. Till a 2-week ban. Statistically that means pretty much everyone who's played over a year will at least be on Ban #3. This is my issue with it. At the very minimum, I want some clarification that these minor infringements will be immediately excused without the hassle of submitting a ticket (because everyone knows how brilliant WG's support system is).

For the record, my brother has ADHD and is currently taking medication for a recent wrist injury during baseball (Little Leagues is rough). As I said, do not pretend to understand me, or my "pathetic excuses." It only makes you look more of a fool than you already do. Attack my ideas, not my life. Again, you are not doing yourself any favors right now.

I was actually inviting an end to this, but whatever .

You can be mad all you want, but it doesn't make excuses good.

You can tell me I'm a fool, but it doesn't change your hateful attitude toward your brother.   

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

Ksftwe #85 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

I was actually inviting an end to this, but whatever .

You can be mad all you want, but it doesn't make excuses good.

You can tell me I'm a fool, but it doesn't change your hateful attitude toward your brother.   

These excuses may not be good to you, but they're certainly valid to me, and if my brother wants Burger King in the middle of a game I will drive to BK and get him a goddamn burger. you and OMK may be like "wth YOU NOOOOOOB" but hey. That's your opinion. Mine's different. And last I checked, WG values both sides of each table. I wish you would, too.

You can say whatever about how lame my ideas are, it doesn't excuse the other things you said.

Still not quite doing yourself favors...although at this point I highly doubt you're even trying to.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

DoragonSenshi #86 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:34 AM

2nd Lieutenant

• Players
  • 18735 battles

View PostKsftwe, on 03 July 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

These excuses may not be good to you, but they're certainly valid to me, and if my brother wants Burger King in the middle of a game I will drive to BK and get him a goddamn burger. you and OMK may be like "wth YOU NOOOOOOB" but hey. That's your opinion. Mine's different. And last I checked, WG values both sides of each table. I wish you would, too.

You can say whatever about how lame my ideas are, it doesn't excuse the other things you said.

Still not quite doing yourself favors...although at this point I highly doubt you're even trying to.

So just to clarify things for me:

You're mad at the anti-afk system because your brother who you have a hate-love(?) relationship with is going to get you banned? 

SAu 40 > AMX 40

Fight me^

Ksftwe #87 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25710 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Posttheassassinvirus, on 02 July 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

So just to clarify things for me:

You're mad at the anti-afk system because your brother who you have a hate-love(?) relationship with is going to get you banned? 

I have nothing more to say to you. This thread is derailed beyond recognition and I feel like the mods are gonna swoop down any moment.

PM me if you desperately wish to continue.

[SCAMO] > [PRAMO]

ErikBlack #88 Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5958 battles
  • [3AD]

With the latest impasse perhaps it is a good time for an update.

So far $704.85 has been pledged!  :honoring: Thanks to those that want to help give WG some positive reinforcement for working to address an issue that has long been raged and ranted about! 

Player_5773117413 #89 Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:04 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 30041 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostKsftwe, on 02 July 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

These excuses may not be good to you, but they're certainly valid to me, and if my brother wants Burger King in the middle of a game I will drive to BK and get him a goddamn burger.

I hope you are not serious. And since when is a burger just a "snack"?

View PostErikBlack, on 02 July 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:

With the latest impasse perhaps it is a good time for an update.

So far $704.85 has been pledged!  :honoring: Thanks to those that want to help give WG some positive reinforcement for working to address an issue that has long been raged and ranted about! 

Everyone has a price lol :teethhappy:

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

Beastnumber2 #90 Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10168 battles

View Postkewlstory, on 02 July 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Take some responsibility.

Yes, because starting a game thinking you can finish it then getting interrupted by your 11 year old sister with a mental illness im not naming, but it makes you completely unaware of certain things, is not responsible. What IS responsible is doing what she wants you to do, im not saying I wait on her all day, or to drop everything. Yes, she needs to learn patience, but she's just a kid, she has the mind of a 7 year old. If she wants something or needs something in the middle of a game, chances are im gonna keep playing. But the thing is, children like her will literally scream at you until you get the thing she wanted. I don't think its time to teach her yet, and just be a decent brother and not make my mom do it. 

And assassinvirus, I have lost all of the respect I had for you, not cool at all, don't act like a 8 year old raging on xbox and don't  resort to personal insults, thats exactly what I think of you right now.I don't know exactly what you said, but insulting a mans family and life is a line you should know not to cross by [edited]age 6. Gonna insult me next? Give it a go, kid. Im gonna assume your a 12 year old with prebuscent angst that also doesnt know his boundaries. Your treading on thin ice, Ksftwe is more respected on here then you will ever be, not to mention he's probably done more in his life then you will by the time your his age. Hes also a way better player then you so don't start.

JayRizzi #91 Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20966 battles
  • [EPIC-]
Oh dear. It's not my fault if the dumb game crashes and I become AFK due to this. It is partially my fault if my phone dies while I'm playing but do I deserve to be ban for 1 day for it?!? NO! The ban time should be 1 hour for the first time, or if it must be a day let the person have a chance to appeal and pleed their case to get the ban lifted... Hopefully these times the screenshots are taken will need to be more than a few seconds apart and more like 3 min. I can foresee a lot of trolling reports or people staying still and sniping being reported.

Beastnumber2 #92 Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10168 battles

View PostJayRizzi, on 03 July 2015 - 02:24 AM, said:

Oh dear. It's not my fault if the dumb game crashes and I become AFK due to this. It is partially my fault if my phone dies while I'm playing but do I deserve to be ban for 1 day for it?!? NO! The ban time should be 1 hour for the first time, or if it must be a day let the person have a chance to appeal and pleed their case to get the ban lifted... Hopefully these times the screenshots are taken will need to be more than a few seconds apart and more like 3 min. I can foresee a lot of trolling reports or people staying still and sniping being reported.

Exactly! I think if the person provided a screenshot of the accused AFKs stats in game that should fix some of the false bans. If the player has stats like King_Nothing_USA they should honestly be permanently banned. If the person has stats like mine, or yours, or Ksftwe's, they shouldn't get banned. Its simple really, if you average less then you know, 1000 atleast in tier 10s and you have just horrible stats and low average damage/WR across the board chances are its a serial AFKer.

NevirSayDie #93 Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10005 battles
  • [TAN60]
I would love to support this, but I wouldn't want to until they do something logical. Asking players to "report" afk-ers and then ban an entire day for the first offense is a crude, inefficient way to attempt to address the problem. 

Senator_Ratbat #94 Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

Producer

• Administrator
  • 5865 battles
  • [WGA]

View PostNevirSayDie, on 03 July 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

I would love to support this, but I wouldn't want to until they do something logical. Asking players to "report" afk-ers and then ban an entire day for the first offense is a crude, inefficient way to attempt to address the problem. 

Which is why we are going to look at data. Asia will take the lead and will share information on the rollout. Ultimately we want this to curb serial / deliberate AFK. 

Masteel_1 #95 Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9711 battles

View PostSenator_Ratbat, on 02 July 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

Which is why we are going to look at data. Asia will take the lead and will share information on the rollout. Ultimately we want this to curb serial / deliberate AFK. 

Senator, may I respectfully suggest, that the penalty policy is too harsh, only in one way:  

It seems logical that there should be a time period of good behavior that effectively wipes the slate clear.

For example, if Player A has an AFK event on day 1, is sanctioned, then on Day 405 they have another AFK event, it seems they should not get the "strike two" penalty. A time period of no AFK events, say 1 month, would reset their penalties back to a first strike offense.

I have 2 additional concerns:

1 - Internet outages occur, randomly, but sometimes there are network issues beyond our control. Sometimes (and this has happened to me) you see a player booted from a map at start up, but then he logs back on, and plays with their team. This situation could easily be mis-reported that the person is AFK.

I am hoping that your internal reports will be able to effectively and clearly exonerate the person in this situation from the very beginning of a submitted ticket, without that person having to get involved in any messy "you were accused of this, how do you respond" he said she said nonsense.  

That situation also can occur in the middle of a game, you may be playing, and you see a teammate just keep rumbling into the side of a mountain with their gun pointed awkwardly to their side, but then they come back a minute later and say, "sorry, got kicked" these players also should be able to be exonerated from the git-go without their involvement.

2 - The penalty system should be set in such a way that someone cannot claim a player was AFK, if that player was in judiciously sought-out concealment, and was fighting.

Many Ragers will die, switch views to your tank and immediately start ranting that you are AFK and/or have done nothing. One should not have to respond to that person to prove one's innocence. Yet, if a ticket is sent in, with the person raging, and there is no response in chat from the accused, wouldn't they be deemed guilty?    

Those are my concerns.  Please do consider them when implementing this policy.  

To the people that think it is okay to continually start a game, when they know or have a very high likelihood of being interrupted, and dropping the game, I think you should reconsider your position based on how many people are negatively impacted by your behavior.

The game is for everyone's enjoyment, we do not stop and go on pause for you. It is quite selfish to think that your unfortunate life circumstances are somehow also our burden. 

Tier X: T-62, Leopard 1    Tier IX:  IS8, Cent 7/1, T-54.  

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.  You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world." 

-Tyler Durden.                                                                                                                      (Chuck PalahniukFight Club)

ErikBlack #96 Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5958 battles
  • [3AD]

View PostMasteel_1, on 03 July 2015 - 12:36 AM, said:

To the people that think it is okay to continually start a game, when they know or have a very high likelihood of being interrupted, and dropping the game, I think you should reconsider your position based on how many people are negatively impacted by your behavior.

The game is for everyone's enjoyment, we do not stop and go on pause for you. It is quite selfish to think that your unfortunate life circumstances are somehow also our burden. 

I agree, of course a large part of the heated debate in this thread has been over how it isn't selfish because life > game, therefor teammates should share in others life interruptions.  This can be seen elsewhere on the forums, in general chat, and in battles.  I have very little faith that the people who believe this will change their behavior without repercussions.

Masteel_1 #97 Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9711 battles

OMK is getting a lot of personal attacks and grief from people. Then those people turn around and call him a horrible person, or accuse him of attacking them.  

Let me state it simply for those of you saying Family > Game. You are right.

But that's not what you are really saying. What you are really saying is Your Family > Every Other Player's Game.

This is not true, and is quite selfish.

Your family is of no concern to me, or anyone else playing a game.  In general, of course, yes, I wish your, and everone's family good health and circumstances. But we are talking about a very specific situation, not a generalized version of "my family is more important than my work, so I leave the office everyday at 5PM SHARP!" 

If your life situation is such that you are a serial AFKer because of your family, or any other personal situation, then it is absolutely fair, reasonable, and rational for us to expect you to get the appropriate sanctions listed in the OP's post.

If your life situation is such that you cannot earn yourself a "clean slate" for no AFKs in somewhere around a month's timeframe, then your life situation is inconveniencing everyone else, at our expense, and you should get the appropriate sanctions.

OMK's original posts contained no attacks on you, your family, or anything else. He was iterating how disrespectful it is to serially go AFK on your teammates, and he's absolutely right.

Your Family Situations That Cause You To Be A Serial AFKer > Your Game.   

Your Family Situations That Cause You To Be A Serial AFKer < Our Game. 

Tier X: T-62, Leopard 1    Tier IX:  IS8, Cent 7/1, T-54.  

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all part of the same compost heap.  You are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world." 

-Tyler Durden.                                                                                                                      (Chuck PalahniukFight Club)

Firefly_1026 #98 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

King of Smurf and Seals

• Players
  • 24156 battles
  • [KRONO]

I don't get what all the hype is about, afk players dont affect THAT much of games, sure they're annoying, sure they cost you the game, well then bad luck, suck it up and move on, very rarely are there 1-2 afks every battle in a row.

WHat I think we should have is a automated system, after a player has been afk three times in lets say 1 hour, then they will receive a warning, after another 3 afks, they would recieve a message from wargaming, then asking why they have been afk, if the player comes up with even an excuse which im pretty sure serial afkers wont be able to. After then if there is more afks, their behaviour would have to be brought up to WG for judgement.

Bottom line: AFK has been in the game will always be no matter how much you try to ban it, might as well use that time and resource and work on something else. Its only a game, im pretty sure most of you butthurt anti-afkers said that once to people who were [edited]about stats and bad gameplay. Suck it up, and move on.

Even if you are going to implement an anti-afk system. DO NOT let the PLAYERS do the reporting, have a automated system instead. 

Edited by Firefly_1026, 03 July 2015 - 02:19 PM.

Rev_ianc_bell #99 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28921 battles
  • [PRD]

This is terrible. If people are going full game afk there may be a good or bad reason for it but if it is a partial game afk there is almost always a good reason for it. If I got a ban every time my game crashed as the battle was loading or just loaded and I couldn't get back into the battle I can tell you I would be a very upset customer. I often play in airplane mode just to save battery but lofe happens. I am a parent but my kid is a teenager who doesn't live with me. However for some teenager to imply that their goldbricking "lifestyle" of 0 real responsibility should be considered the gold standard and other people should be punished for inconveniencing their game with real life problems is utterly a abhorrent. Things happen. Emergency phone calls, pets throwing up blood and fedex delivering that overseas shipment of expensive Damascus steel bowie knives for example .

Serial afkers should be dealt with, but a pattern must be established. 

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

TexaninSteelTown #100 Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

Kaiser of the Prussian States of Africa

• Players
  • 12711 battles
I like afk it means more strategy to composate from it also its more realistic as if a tank broke down

C8bBIbj.png

Also tagged with poll, pledge, anti-afk, afk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users