Unintended Usage of Gold Caused by Change of Default Setting

gold convert conversion free experience gone disappeared free XP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

somEonE777 #1 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14579 battles

Recently I have been disgusted with wargaming as they introduced a change with the free experience for gold conversion feature that by default automatically preloads the maximum amount of gold credited to your account upon entering this portion of the software. I have twice now had instances where this change has cause the accidental conversion of all of my gold totaling 10,500 gold(1st time 4,500, 2nd time 6,000)

After the second occurrence and numerous back and forth responses from support they finally informed me of the ability to disable this default setting, however it is currently bugged and still does not allow the setting to be changed.

All players with gold on their account are at risk of the same unintended use of their gold until this feature is fixed or by default set to not allow the conversion of all gold to be done in two misclicks.

Supports initial response both times was for me to take responsibility for wat occurred which I strongly disagree with since it is their change that is enabling this to happen. As well as the inability to change this default feature. 

Support did offer me two days premium after multiple responses back and forth the second time but this is in no way acceptable since I can purchase months of premium with the gold lost each time.

Below are two screenshots that show the location and how easily two taps can allow this to happen. I would also be interested to hear from other players that have had this occur to them.

The red rectangles show where the two clicks would have to occur and the yellow rectangle is showing where the default loading of all gold is happening. The bug that does not allow this setting to be changed is on the left hand side within the slide out window that opens after you tap the > arrow button that's really hard to see unless looking for it.

My thumb hurts!

LAPPELduvide #2 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:19 AM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24316 battles
  • [ANEKI]
Yeah if it's a bug or a mistake don't expect your gold back, at most you might get premium, but not what you lost. Take it up with Apple and explain that it's a bug and you'll get your money back. 

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

Camoisland #3 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8297 battles

well that

sucks

Xavier5A #4 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25160 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostZennosha, on 03 July 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yeah if it's a bug or a mistake don't expect your gold back, at most you might get premium, but not what you lost. Take it up with Apple and explain that it's a bug and you'll get your money back. 

Quite on the contrary! Use an "Exceptions" ticket.

I own 207 tanks. My records at Blitz Stars!

Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f) • Light Mk. VIC • T2 Light Tank • Tetrarch • T7 Combat Car • Type 98 Ke-Ni Otsu • BT-SV • T-15 • Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J • LTP • M3 Light • Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f) • T-127 • BT-7 artillery • M22 Locust • A-32 • Sentinel AC I • Valentine II • Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) • Churchill III • Angry Connor • Ram II • Panzer IV Anko Special • Pz.Kpfw. V/IV • T14 • Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai Shinobi • Cromwell B • Dicker Max • Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm • Stridsvagn 74A2 • Kuro Mori Mine • AC IV Sentinel • T-34-85 Victory • T23E3 • E 25 • Type 62 • SU-122-44 • IS-2 • T-34-85 Rudy • Tankenstein • T6 Dracula • FCM 50 t • T26E4 SuperPershing • KV-5 • IS-3 Defender • T-54 first prototype • Löwe • Type 59

somEonE777 #5 Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14579 battles

View PostXavier5A, on 03 July 2015 - 08:42 PM, said:

Quite on the contrary! Use an "Exceptions" ticket.

Unfortunately getting ripped off by the software due to its design is not covered by the "exceptions" policy. 
My thumb hurts!

dilusions #6 Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15545 battles
  • [RNG]
That's almost 30 bucks! :(

Also tagged with gold, convert, conversion, free experience, gone, disappeared, free XP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users