The E 100: Roll Slowly and Carry a Big Stick [GUIDE]

E 100 Guide

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

MSixteen #1 Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:25 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

The E 100 is the 2nd most popular T10 tank in the game (according to wotbstars.com), just behind the IS-7, and for good reason. It's one of the two German super-heavy tanks, and it weighs a whopping 130 tons, has a 15 gun and some of the heaviest armor in the game.

Here I'll tell you basic stats of the E 100 if you're too lazy to look them up yourself, some hidden stats of the E 100, how to drive the monster and how to tame it if you're ever unfortunate enough to see this beast on the red team.

Gun

Damage: 640 AP/HEAT (480-800), 960 HE (720-1200)

Penetration: 235 AP (176-294), 334 HEAT (250-417), 85 HE (64-106)

Rounds/Min: 3.69 (16.26 seconds)

Dispersion: 0.40m (at 100m)

Aim Time: 2.9 seconds

Depression: -7 degrees (all round)

Elevation: +20 degrees (all round)

Armor

Turret

Front: 250mm (275-285mm effective)

-Sides: 150mm (170-180mm effective)

-Rear: 150mm (150mm effective)

Hull

-Front Upper: 200mm (315-350mm effective)

-Front Lower: 150mm (245-255mm effective)

-Side Upper: 120mm+60mm (spaced) (180mm effective)

-Side Middle: 120+60mm (spaced)+ 40mm (spaced) (220mm effective)

-Side Lower: 120mm+ 40mm (spaced) (160mm effective)

-Rear: 150mm (165-175mm effective)

Mobility:

Engine Power: 1200hp (15% fire on impact)

Turret Traverse: 16 degrees/second

Track Traverse: 20 degrees/second

Speed Limit: 30 kph

View Range (dunno where to put it): 250m

Tactics and How to Drive

To be successful in the E 100, the first thing you need to know is how to properly angle the behemoth. The second thing, is that you will need to fire HEAT shells at some T9-10 tanks, so always keep at least 10 HEAT to combat super heavily armored tanks. You're in a T10 tank, so you're not driving to make a profit. You might as well use everything at your disposal so you can achieve the best results in game.

How to Angle

Angling is a basic concept in World of Tanks Blitz. But not every armor profile is created equal. The only other tank that has an armor profile that resembles the E 100's is it's even fatter brother, the Maus, but you still do not play these tanks in the same way. Below I will tell you how to angle both the turret and the hull, but small adjustments will need to be made in game because of terrain features and gold ammo. You should always be wiggling, to help negate your weak spots.

The Hull

The middle of the tracks of the E 100 should be pointed at the next tank that will have it's gun loaded if you are able. The angle created makes the front of your hull have an effective armor thickness of 270-400mm (very small area over the tracks has 640mm), while the side of your hull is 290-400mm with the vast majority of the hull at an auto bounce angle.

PLEASE NOTE: If an enemy E 100 is angling his hull in such a way, there is a tiny gap between the tracks and the hull that has "only" 270mm effective armor, so it can be penetrated by regular shells 45% of the time for most T10 tanks

The Turret:

NEVER POINT YOUR TURRET AT THE ENEMY WHEN YOU ARE NOT READY TO FIRE

When you are not ready to fire, you should angle your turret so the barrel of your gun is just inside the track opposite of the one that is pointed at the enemy (if you're angling correctly)

PLEASE NOTE: The turret ring is 250mm thick and perfectly flat, so occasionally there will be a lucky shot striking you there that penetrates you. Even MORE rare, though, is that somebody knows what they're doing, and aims there purposefully. If this starts to happen, wiggle even more than normal, and it shouldn't happen again.

When to Shoot, and What Type of Ammo

The E 100 has the most versatile gun connected to a turret in the game with regards to ammo selection. For this reason, my standard load out is 20 AP/20 HEAT/10 HE. Many of the games I have played in the E 100, I have used all 3 of the available ammo types.

When to use HE

Shoot HE at the rear of every single American tank you come across in the game, and the sides/rear of Leo PTAs and Leo 1s. You can also shoot HE at the rear of just about any tank that is a tier lower than you, and you will probably penetrate.

You could also shoot HE at super heavy tanks that are hull down, and don't have a guaranteed penetration even with HEAT ammo (i.e. IS-7, IS-4 T110E3)

HE is also a great "finisher" round. you will do 200 damage to some of the most heavily armored parts of tanks in the game (IS-7 turret, E3 front) use HE when they are on CRITICALLY low health

When to use AP

You can get away with shooting nothing but AP rounds if you wanted to, and you could easily have some monster games. The only reasons that it is unwise is that 235mm of penetration won't go through super-heavy tank armor and even the weak spots will give you trouble. Shoot AP most of the time.

When to use HEAT

I personally shamelessly spam HEAT at other E 100s, JPE 100s, Maus', T110E3s, IS-7s and T95s from the front. Getting in to a shot for shot brawl with any of those tanks will leave both of you pretty battered no matter who comes out on top, so minimize your damage taken by making sure your shots go in with HEAT rounds.

Equipment and Consumables

Equipment:

I run a gun rammer+vents+gun laying drive, but you can switch out the vents or gun laying drive for vertical stabilizers.

NOTE: I have my repair skill maxed out, and if your repairs are not at least L4, i recommend getting a toolbox instead of vents

Consumables:

I run multitool+adrenaline+chocolate, but you can replace the chocolate with a repair kit or fire extinguisher if you don't want to lose a little extra money. It IS T10, so you're not trying to grind credits, so i always run chocolate

SOME THINGS TO NEVER DO

FLANK: If you flank in this tank, you have reached a whole new level of stupidity, and you're beyond help.

Aim at Enemy When Not Ready to Fire: The flat turret front, although slightly angled backwards, is very easy to penetrate for T10 TDs, and most tanks you'll come across if they decide to load the gold. It's best to never aim at them unless you're ready to put a 640 dmg shot in to them yourself.

DRIVE STRAIGHT: This tank is all about angling. Try to never drive straight at an enemy tank because that just guarantees that they will penetrate your lower plate. drive at an angle similar to the one you would use when angling in close quarters, and more shots will bounce off. However... If you're going to ram somebody, go full speed ahead and crush them beneath your heels.

Edited by MSixteen, 05 July 2015 - 07:19 AM.

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

MSixteen #2 Posted 04 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles
Posted this at basically 5:30 AM where I live because I couldn't sleep. So if I made an error, please politely point it out, and I will change my OP

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

_Meta #3 Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19456 battles
  • [SRT-]
I've had this researched for months but have not bought it yet. very nice guide and might just encourage me to take the plunge. +1

"It's a fool that goes into battle and doesn't use every tool at his disposal. If you ever catch yourself in a "fair" fight, you deserve to lose."-- Meta

SergPotato #4 Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6895 battles
Also use HEAT on the Jageroo! You never want that guy hull down aiming at you! :izmena: Also +1 for the excellent guide. Using this guide to play my E100 soon after I finish the grind on the E75 and free xp the 15 cm gun!

Edited by SergPotato, 04 July 2015 - 12:27 PM.

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

Herodotus4 #5 Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22482 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostSergPotato, on 04 July 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

Also use HEAT on the Jageroo! You never want that guy hull down aiming at you! :izmena: Also +1 for the excellent guide. Using this guide to play my E100 soon after I finish the grind on the E75 and free xp the 15 cm gun!

And this is why you always angle the jgpz E-100, E-100 heat is not good enough to pen if you angle right and hide the lower plate

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

Droidekool #6 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28715 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Postmetaboculous68, on 04 July 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

I've had this researched for months but have not bought it yet. very nice guide and might just encourage me to take the plunge. +1

I already unlocked it more than 6 months (probably) but still not ready to play tier 10 game. Currently I hv 7 tier 10 waiting to be bought. Still waiting for clan war and probably enouh skill to play those monsters

Tier X: E100, Jadgpanzer E100, E50M, T110E5, T110E3, IS7, Object 268

Tier IX: E 75, E 50, M 103, IS 8, Jagdtiger, Object 704T95

Premium Tank: Tankenstein, Jadgpanther

SergPotato #7 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6895 battles

View PostHerodotus4, on 04 July 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

And this is why you always angle the jgpz E-100, E-100 heat is not good enough to pen if you angle right and hide the lower plate

You have successfully reached stage II of noob vs reality

Proud member of the 501st Clan [501st Reserve] <(owo)

Blitz Blog : BlitzWithSerg

Pheldagriff #8 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9131 battles

tyvm.

never personally used HE on PC.

But nows i understand.

"Sucking is the First Step to Being Sorta Good at Something"

Herodotus4 #9 Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22482 battles
  • [SRT_]

View PostSergPotato, on 04 July 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

You have successfully reached stage II of noob vs reality

Oh really,

this plus wiggling and preferably a building, I have taken on another jgpz and bounced all 3 of his shots while I killed him (he was in "camper corner" on castilia) 

"it is not because I was "brought to my knees" by some noobs, rather because I was unable to bring enough red noobs to their knees." -Vsavsa1

"I excel at mediocracy" -xjs

MSixteen #10 Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostSergPotato, on 04 July 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

edited. thanks.

YourMomCallsMeOedipus #11 Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

PhD in Dakimakura Engineering and Design M.S. in Waifu Studies

• Players
  • 24329 battles
  • [ANEKI]
Finally a guide that is actually helpful in explaining tactics (although I already know how) and something I was able to read from start to finish! Good job skrub

┬┴┬┴┤ (◕ᴗ◕✿├┬┴┬┴┤(ಠ﹏ಠ├┬┴┬

>>>Join [MAHOU/ANEKI] Discord!!!<<<

Best ANIME CLAN in the NA and a nice community for weebs. 

Awesomeorca #12 Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6285 battles

I finally got the E 100 as my first tier ten tank and haven't been doing that well with it. Thanks to this guide I now think I know how to use this tank. However there's one bit of the guide I don't quite understand and that is the turret angling bit. What exactly do you mean by "making sure the barrel of your gun is just inside the track opposite of the one that is pointed to the enemy"? The way I understand it, you're suppose to half turn your turret around, which wouldn't make sense, considering that would expose the flat side of your turret every time you shoot at the enemy tanks.

Other than that, the guide was very helpful.

MSixteen #13 Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:20 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostZennosha, on 04 July 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Finally a guide that is actually helpful in explaining tactics (although I already know how) and something I was able to read from start to finish! Good job skrub

thanks nub. anything i can do to help potatoes like yourself learn a thing or 2

View PostAwesomeorca, on 04 July 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

I finally got the E 100 as my first tier ten tank and haven't been doing that well with it. Thanks to this guide I now think I know how to use this tank. However there's one bit of the guide I don't quite understand and that is the turret angling bit. What exactly do you mean by "making sure the barrel of your gun is just inside the track opposite of the one that is pointed to the enemy"? The way I understand it, you're suppose to half turn your turret around, which wouldn't make sense, considering that would expose the flat side of your turret every time you shoot at the enemy tanks.

Other than that, the guide was very helpful.

when your hull is angled properly (with an enemy on your left) you should turn your turret SLIGHTLY to the right so your barrel is over the front of your tracks. you don't ever want to show the flat side of your turret, but if you angle it like i described and wiggle, you'll bounce HEAT from other E100s

Biff7annen #14 Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17826 battles
Thanks for the guide. I appreciate it. Just got my E100 this AM. Also my first tier X.  I was planning on doing toolbox, rammer and vents.  What do you recommend?

MSixteen #15 Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostBiff7annen, on 04 July 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

Thanks for the guide. I appreciate it. Just got my E100 this AM. Also my first tier X.  I was planning on doing toolbox, rammer and vents.  What do you recommend?

forgot to add that bit. i run rammer, GLD and vents. but you could switch out either the GLD or the vents for vstabs.

worth it to mention that my repair skill is maxed, though. if yours isn't at least L4, i'd go with toolbox instead of vents

Biff7annen #16 Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17826 battles
Thanks.  Currently level 4. 80% to level 5.  

MSixteen #17 Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:39 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostBiff7annen, on 04 July 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

Thanks.  Currently level 4. 80% to level 5.  

no need for a toolbox then. the buff from other equipment outweighs the buff from the toolbox

SLOW_STABZ #18 Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33902 battles
  • [HOOD]
Apparently I need training. Even when I do double the dmg of all my teammates and get kills, I still get smack from other tier 10 about losing because I suck. I hear crap about win rates etc. I think some puzzzes just mad because I didnt draw all the enemy shots so they could get the easy kill. E100 is expected to carry the whole damn match? If so, I definitely need help. Haha

Psyberius #19 Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:10 AM

Prestige Worldwide

• Players
  • 29243 battles
Excellent guide! I only hope more players make their way here to read this and the other many, great guides on the forum. So many poor players. But I suspect they could become good players if they took the time do find the knowledge. 

"I have come here to kick @$$ and chew bubblegum.

...and I'm all out of bubblegum."

- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

MSixteen #20 Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:45 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18667 battles

View PostPsyberius, on 04 July 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:

Excellent guide! I only hope more players make their way here to read this and the other many, great guides on the forum. So many poor players. But I suspect they could become good players if they took the time do find the knowledge. 

thank you! and one can only dream...

Also tagged with E 100, Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users